FFXIV On Track for 2010 Release
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:13:32  
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lol, I'm sure the PS2 and 360 players are enjoying the full FFXI experience every time they are thrown out of Dynamis and Beseiged due to their systems simply not handling it.

You can also assume something like Windower will be coming out for FFXIV, and in that case you are gimping yourself simply because of stubbornness.

Odd, I haven't been 'thrown' out. Actually, you shouldn't comment on something unless you personally have experience with it.

Look I can be ignorant too:
"LOL ENJOY VIRUZ"
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You can also assume something like Windower will be coming out for FFXIV, and in that case you are gimping yourself

Well apparently unlike you I don't have to resort to using a third party tool in order to be a good player. That's not being stubborn, it's just skill I guess.

Don't need it, but Windower macro's make me far more efficient than you are without them.

and lolwut at saying no-one ever gets 360 freezes in beseiged/Dyna? It's one of the most notoriously known problems with the console versions of FFXI.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:14:34  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You could again, say the same things about not having a display for the PS3.

Let's not forget that televisions are a lot more common in households than computers.

Also this, most people has HDTV's already... I don't think I really know anyone still stuck with SDTV.

Again, Moot point.

I could use my PC with my HDTV, therefore display pricing isn't an issue.

I could also use a controller and a wireless keyboard for that matter and sit on the couch.

So with a console and still only cost 299?

Which I've explained is an impossible purchase here, Americans must simply get consoles cheaper because the cheapest in the UK is £269.99.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-04-27 12:14:58  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lol, I'm sure the PS2 and 360 players are enjoying the full FFXI experience every time they are thrown out of Dynamis and Beseiged due to their systems simply not handling it. You can also assume something like Windower will be coming out for FFXIV, and in that case you are gimping yourself simply because of stubbornness.
Odd, I haven't been 'thrown' out. Actually, you shouldn't comment on something unless you personally have experience with it. Look I can be ignorant too: "LOL ENJOY VIRUZ"
Shiva.Flionheart said:
You can also assume something like Windower will be coming out for FFXIV, and in that case you are gimping yourself
Well apparently unlike you I don't have to resort to using a third party tool in order to be a good player. That's not being stubborn, it's just skill I guess.
Don't need it, but Windower macro's make me far more efficient than you are without them. and lolwut at saying no-one ever gets 360 freezes in beseiged/Dyna? It's one of the most notoriously known problems with the console versions of FFXI.
I've found myself with a pretty slow frame rate and/or slow character movement animation. Not to mention the 360 sky animation looks like a paper towel. <_<
By tingletaru 2010-04-27 12:17:52  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lol, I'm sure the PS2 and 360 players are enjoying the full FFXI experience every time they are thrown out of Dynamis and Beseiged due to their systems simply not handling it.

You can also assume something like Windower will be coming out for FFXIV, and in that case you are gimping yourself simply because of stubbornness.

Odd, I haven't been 'thrown' out. Actually, you shouldn't comment on something unless you personally have experience with it.

"LOL ENJOY VIRUZ"
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Don't need it, but Windower macro's make me far more efficient than you are without them.

and lolwut at saying no-one ever gets 360 freezes in beseiged/Dyna? It's one of the most notoriously known problems with the console versions of FFXI.

If you read the post, he never said "no-one" ever gets 360 freezes, just said that he hasn't personally had any. Also, "no-one?" Cool, it's hyphenated now! Thank-you!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:19:12  
tingletaru said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

"LOL ENJOY VIRUZ"
Shiva.Flionheart said:

If you read the post, he never said "no-one" ever gets 360 freezes, just said that he hasn't personally had any. Also, "no-one?" Cool, it's hyphenated now! Thank-you!

When he's using that as an example as to defend the consoles it's assumed he is commenting on every version.

If not my point still stands and his comment was pointless.
By tingletaru 2010-04-27 12:20:24  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You could again, say the same things about not having a display for the PS3.

Let's not forget that televisions are a lot more common in households than computers.

Also this, most people has HDTV's already... I don't think I really know anyone still stuck with SDTV.

Again, Moot point.

I could use my PC with my HDTV, therefore display pricing isn't an issue.

I could also use a controller and a wireless keyboard for that matter and sit on the couch.

So with a console and still only cost 299?

Which I've explained is an impossible purchase here, Americans must simply get consoles cheaper because the cheapest in the UK is £269.99.

Don't forget that the cost of living is vastly different, as well. It only makes sense that products are priced differently... look at the cost of going out to eat at a restaurant as well! My friends and family who visit from the UK love to go out and shop/eat here in the US ;)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:23:40  
Yup lol, our prices suck ***.
By tingletaru 2010-04-27 12:26:05  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yup lol, our prices suck ***.

Yes, but wages are also different. It's all relative to the economy. I bet I would make less doing the same job here as you, if we were just speaking about rough translations of currency. Then again, it would be lost in translation because of relativity... for your healthcare benefits are vastly different, and the economy/prices vary from the US as well.
By ninesunz 2010-04-27 12:34:00  
Hi guys!

You can't compare ffxi on console vs pc with ffxiv on console vs pc. 2 diff games, diff consoles diff diff!

Anyways as I am aware, ffxiv was built on the crystal engine for ps3 so if anything i'm willing to bet ps3 will play the game better than pc (at launch and through the near future)

A dedicated system (ps3) will out perform a multiple use system (pc). i will take some time for the PC to catch up. You cannot compare just the specs of ps3 vs pc - the entire system is one unit playing the game.

And as others stated ps3 is much cheaper than a pc box that can run ffxiv at decent speed.

all this doesn't really matter to me cause i'll be playing it on both systems!
By tingletaru 2010-04-27 12:35:22  
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

You can't compare ffxi on console vs pc with ffxiv on console vs pc. 2 diff games, diff consoles diff diff!

Anyways as I am aware, ffxiv was built on the crystal engine for ps3 so if anything i'm willing to bet ps3 will play the game better than pc (at launch and through the near future)

A dedicated system (ps3) will out perform a multiple use system (pc). i will take some time for the PC to catch up. You cannot compare just the specs of ps3 vs pc - the entire system is one unit playing the game.

And as others stated ps3 is much cheaper than a pc box that can run ffxiv at decent speed.

I love you. :3
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:35:58  
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

Just lol @ a PS3 out performing a PC.

FFXI was built with the PS2 in mind, which has always performed better?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-27 12:42:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
People are going to actually buy this for consoles? lol

YA exactly...I'm not wasting words on this...Let him speak for both of us. What a complete waste for a console IMO.

over all, Sure a pc is easily upgradeble, i mean maybe they both are, but IMO really, You can always upgrade the pc.. but with intentions a console.. will always remain the same.. you go as far as you can go.. plus, I will always be able to Multitask, by means, I will be able to maybe webcam, chat with my homies exchanging tatics by sight.. I know xbox live can chat via live.. but you I know you can't webcam, or access the net at the same time...
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 12:42:13  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

It's already said that PC version on final retail will run at 1080p locked at 30 FPS and PS3 at 720p which unless you have a monitor or HDTV over 51 inches large, you won't notice a difference.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:43:11  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

It's already said that PC version on final retail will run at 1080p locked at 30 FPS and PS3 at 720p which unless you have a monitor or HDTV over 51 inches large, you won't notice a difference.

Not talking about graphically.

The processing power of a PS3 will be its downfall as more is added into the game.
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-04-27 12:44:16  
ninesunz said:

Crystal Tools is a multiplatform engine, so it's easy to port the games made with it to different systems.
Sylph.Belmonth said:

The alpha is locked at 30 FPS, but there's no reason to keep that limitation in the actual PC release.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:47:57  
Asura.Kowen said:
ninesunz said:

Crystal Tools is a multiplatform engine, so it's easy to port the games made with it to different systems.
Sylph.Belmonth said:

The alpha is locked at 30 FPS, but there's no reason to keep that limitation in the actual PC release.

I doubt they would tbh, the PS3 version will be locked @ 30 though I'd imagine.
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 12:51:01  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

The processing power of a PS3 will be its downfall as more is added into the game.

Because it's true, every computer out there have 7 CPU cores like the PS3, again this is what the PS3 "cell" does, process a lot of onscreen objects flawlesly.

Also the main point is that to run it better than a PS3 or at full 1080p you still need a high end PC which averages at 800-1000+ USD which from the prices I'm looking at some euro sites it's even more expensive than that or the PS3.

The only downside I would see in comparison of playing on PC over the PS3 is vent, web browsing for looking up quests and such. then this has a many workarounds.

They already said the game would be locked at 30 FPS. the only thing in difference with the retail version is that there would be higher resolution support (1080p) and some support for lower grade PC's
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2010-04-27 12:51:25  
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
i'm guessing this is for the PC version? PS3 beta hasn't started yet to my knowledge, has it? Good to hear that it's on track at least. I'm tired of companies pushing release dates/TBD months back until it's released a year later.

PC beta hasn´t started yet too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 12:57:14  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

Because it's true, every computer out there have 7 CPU cores like the PS3, again this is what the PS3 "cell" does, process a lot of onscreen objects flawlesly.

Also the main point is that to run it better than a PS3 or at full 1080p you still need a high end PC which averages at 800-1000 USD which from the prices I'm looking at some euro sites it's even more expensive than that or the PS3.

The only downside I would see in comparison of playing on PC over the PS3 is vent, web browsing for looking up quests and such. then this has a many workarounds.

They already said the game would be locked at 30 FPS. the only thing in difference with the retail version is that there would be higher resolution support (1080p) and some support for lower grade PC's

Yes, because core's are the only measure of power in a CPU.
>.>
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 12:59:15  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

Also the main point is that to run it better than a PS3 or at full 1080p you still need a high end PC which averages at 800-1000 USD which from the prices I'm looking at some euro sites it's even more expensive than that or the PS3.

>.>

Oh yeah, forgot 3.2 Ghz each core.
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-04-27 12:59:26  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Kowen said:
ninesunz said:

Sylph.Belmonth said:

I doubt they would tbh, the PS3 version will be locked @ 30 though I'd imagine.

Probably; XIII, also developed with Crystal Tools, is locked at 30. It still looks great, but I think it'd be stupid to limit the FPS on the PC version when, in a few years, the average computer will have no problem getting higher numbers.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-04-27 13:00:29  
I call complete and total BS on this. From what i hear, the alpha has been going terribly. they were even a month behind on releasing the client.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:01:44  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

>.>

Which still means nothing. Modern day CPU's still beat out the processing power of the PS3 lol.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 13:03:37  
IMO it's a bad idea to give strict deadlines. I like blizzard's "it's done when it's done" policy. I much rather have something live up to it's expectations fully rather than have something subpar and fall apart because it came out when we wanted it to.
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 13:03:49  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
ninesunz said:
Hi guys!

>.>

Which still means nothing. Modern day CPU's still beat out the processing power of the PS3 lol.

That is false, though if you meant GPU i'd have to agree ,otherwise, not really.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 13:06:25  
If I do get it, I'll be getting it the Ps3. I enjoy being able to do whatever I want on my PC WHILE playing a game. Constant minimizing? No thanks. I still find it strange playing a video game on a computer. Was raised on consoles. =/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:06:31  
would you like a link to numerous web based articles proving you wrong?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 13:09:26  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
If I do get it, I'll be getting it the Ps3. I enjoy being able to do whatever I want on my PC WHILE playing a game. Constant minimizing? No thanks. I still find it strange playing a video game on a computer. Was raised on consoles. =/

While I understand what you're saying. Having something on PC gives a full degree of control, customization and appearance.

Plus having access to the game's files allows one to modify and have fun with it beyond what one would be able to on any console.

Lawl
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 13:09:29  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
would you like a link to numerous web based articles proving you wrong?

Would you also link one to prove otherwise?

There's no need, they even use the PS3 on a supercomputer for simulations setup due it having a very powerful processing power and for very cheap, this is why everyone is QQ'ing because they removed the other OS option, if you want a link just google it, you'll get a crapload of results.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:10:41  
Go for it, I'd love an article expressively proving the PS3 can out process the PC for gaming.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8