FFXIV On Track for 2010 Release
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 15:14:46  
@Flionheart

Awakening is great imo. I just havent finished it. Been getting all FF fanboy with FF13 on my PS3 as of late. On chapter 10 so almost there.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 15:15:54  
I just couldn't get into FFXIII, I thought it was meh at best.

I liked the characters, but seriously when the main character dies it shouldn't be game over :/
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-27 15:16:23  
SE will go and encrypt all the data files for FF14 so we can't mess with them anymore.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 15:17:16  
Kujata.Akeda said:
SE will go and encrypt all the data files for FF14 so we can't mess with them anymore.

If they do, I give it a week before a viable and easy to use work around is developed lol.
By Izey 2010-04-27 15:17:33  
Mhmmm Imma need to find me one of those (For the same or not above double price!)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 15:18:10  
Kujata.Akeda said:

I'd cry. Seeing .dat swaps is amusing. It doesn't effect anyone at all gameplay-wise. =/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 15:27:12  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I just couldn't get into FFXIII, I thought it was meh at best. I liked the characters, but seriously when the main character dies it shouldn't be game over :/

in all fairness it is the only character you control in battle lol. it doesnt have to be your main character, its just the leader in battle, never let the leader die. it makes for some thrilling boss battles later on.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 15:28:39  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I just couldn't get into FFXIII, I thought it was meh at best. I liked the characters, but seriously when the main character dies it shouldn't be game over :/

in all fairness it is the only character you control in battle lol. it doesnt have to be your main character, its just the leader in battle, never let the leader die. it makes for some thrilling boss battles later on.

I got one hitted by Destrudo (Lightning was at full health and I was in combat clinic) when I was about 90% done with Bartandelus (sp)

It made me pissed off, and I haven't touched it since.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 16:10:01  
Keep a Synergist setup in your paradigm deck for buffs. Also I noticed that destrudo move resets the stagger gauge, also if I went into relentless attack on during destrudo it actually interupts him half way through and it only does half dmg. that helps too. With full buffs lighting was in the red after destrudo but with full buffs and interupting that falcie destrudo only dropped her to half health. Give it another try mate.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-04-27 16:15:15  
www.newegg.com

I just threw together the cheapest PC I could imagine, for a grand total of under $250 including shipping. (sans keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Although you can pick up a Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse set for $30 there as well.)

This price included a good PSU, case, mediocre motherboard (but with AMDs excellent 785g chip, which provides integrated graphics which are actually not too shitty... as far as integrated goes), AMD Sempron chip (Often unlockable and overclockable to a nice dual core for free.), 1GB of DDR3 RAM, and a 500GB HDD.

This will play FFXI in full quality, with anti aliasing and all options maxed at most resolutions you'd normally play at, very smoothly.

Throw another $200 at it and you've got another GB of RAM, a dual core CPU, and a very capable ATI Radeon 5650+ series videocard. Well under $500 and capable of playing any game fairly smoothly.

It's not quite the $300 you'd spend on a PS3, but in all fairness, a PC is a different beastie all together.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-04-27 16:40:55  
How much does a good graphics card cost?
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-04-27 18:54:16  
"Good" being relative, a middle class videocard will cost you about $120. That said, this ain't your grannies middle class card. These cards play Crysis...

You can get some good deals on cards like the ATI Radeon 5770/5750 series. And if you're willing to sacrifice a few frames per second, or some anti-aliasing, pick up a 5670 for under $100.

In the high end, there are technically 2 competitors... The 5970 is like $550, and the Nvidia 480 is around $600. The 5950 beats the 480 on all fronts though, so it comes down to brand preference/stupidity.

*The GTX280 (I think) is also a pretty decent buy, but usually gets trumped by the ATI cards for the same price.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-27 18:59:19  
This is interesting, with all the technical troubles I've read about from Alpha players, and with FFXI extended to the end of 2010 with Abyssea expansions, I assumed that FFXIV was going to be delayed into early-mid 2011.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-04-27 22:07:25  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
This is interesting, with all the technical troubles I've read about from Alpha players, and with FFXI extended to the end of 2010 with Abyssea expansions, I assumed that FFXIV was going to be delayed into early-mid 2011.

knowing SE...
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-04-27 22:14:58  
Given that it's already May and the alpha test only just started, I would be very surprised if they made it through both closed and open beta tests, and scaled infrastructure for Live release, within 7 months.

They likely would want to meet a holiday release at the very least, which gives them more like 5-6 months to press the disks, although they could opt for the "10GB Update on Day 1" solution.

It's doable, but only by cutting some pretty major corners unless they have a really, really good team. I've never heard of any MMO team pulling that off before.

----------

Also: comparing performance between PC, PS3, and 360 by using FF11 is pointless.

The FF11 engine is the same on every platform, and comes with internal, hard-coded, software-based performance caps left over from the PS2 days. These limits cannot be overcome with hardware. The engine will always start at these caps and then degrade performance under load from there.

These caps cannot be lifted because the FF11 engine uses them as an internal timing mechanic for skills, animations, etc.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 22:38:33  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Also: comparing performance between PC, PS3, and 360 by using FF11 is pointless.

The FF11 engine is the same on every platform, and comes with internal, hard-coded, software-based performance caps left over from the PS2 days. These limits cannot be overcome with hardware. The engine will always start at these caps and then degrade performance under load from there.

These caps cannot be lifted because the FF11 engine uses them as an internal timing mechanic for skills, animations, etc.

I have no idea what you just said. But I'm pretty sure it made sense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-04-27 22:43:30  
It was mainly a response to someone saying earlier that the PC is the best platform to play FFXI, performance wise.

He's basically saying that the performance is basically going to be the same, regardless of which platform you play on, so it's pointless to argue the superiority of a certain platform over another. At least in that regard.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 22:44:51  
Well, you can adjust the background resolution via Regedit on PC to boost how the game is rendered. But as far as performance, yeah, it was pretty much made to run on the same level for all systems.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 00:30:45  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Jaeik's E-peen grew like 10 inches there.

also
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If they do, I give it a week before a viable and easy to use work around is developed lol.

would they be able to? i mean they encrypted the ***outa the ps3 and as far as i know no1 is able to crack it so far. if SE really wanted to wouldnt they be able to stop 3rd party? or would that not be the same thing?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 00:32:11  
btw this is totally off topic but on topic with the encrypting crap....is there a way to get the ***off of one ps3 HD onto an external hd or another ps3 HD with that first HD not having a functioning PS3?

that might be kinda hard to understand. sorry its 1 am here lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-28 04:17:54  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Given that it's already May and the alpha test only just started, I would be very surprised if they made it through both closed and open beta tests, and scaled infrastructure for Live release, within 7 months.

They likely would want to meet a holiday release at the very least, which gives them more like 5-6 months to press the disks, although they could opt for the "10GB Update on Day 1" solution.

It's doable, but only by cutting some pretty major corners unless they have a really, really good team. I've never heard of any MMO team pulling that off before.

----------

See I don't agree with this.

You can improve the graphical performance of the game via tools by editing the field of view, and creating a work around for the lack of AA in the game, by editing the background resolution.

This in my opinion makes the PC version's performance superior.
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-04-28 05:16:39  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Additionally the coding to handle connection data (upload/download) is clearly antiquated and was indeed restricted by ps2 design.

It was also designed around dial-up internet, since that was what most people had when the game was released.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-28 07:20:50  
Leviathan.Phenomena said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Jaeik's E-peen grew like 10 inches there.

also
Shiva.Flionheart said:

would they be able to? i mean they encrypted the ***outa the ps3 and as far as i know no1 is able to crack it so far. if SE really wanted to wouldnt they be able to stop 3rd party? or would that not be the same thing?

I heard someone finally cracked it
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/25/playstation_cracked_wide_open/

Also this thread broke down into some funny *** console war.

Well... this is my concern. Why did SE release a alpha version for us to test.. the game has been in alpha since the 1st time they showed off the in-game GFX in (prior gameshows), tbh I wont believe a word they say until they tell us when the closed beta is ready. You get nothing from a alpha test...you cant even tell if your pc can run it since the game hasn't been (semi-fully optimized) lags most of the time and the content is extremely limited on it. its really pointless would have been (imo) more effective showing vids asking for ideas then release a closed beta then a open beta for server stress test.

/end rant

Im really not impressed with FFXVI for now, other mmo will be out or coming out around that time that has more content or features >.> and I wont need to wait for FFXIV wiki to be update to figure out what I need to do.
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-28 10:11:37  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

----------

See I don't agree with this.

You can improve the graphical performance of the game via tools by editing the field of view, and creating a work around for the lack of AA in the game, by editing the background resolution.

This in my opinion makes the PC version's performance superior.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-28 10:15:11  
Nice reply.
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-28 10:20:21  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Nice reply.

Performance and Quality are different concepts.

And this:

"See I don't agree with this.

This in my opinion makes the PC version's performance superior."

falls under quality, so he's right, no matter what you do, the game will be always capped at 29-30 fps

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-28 10:21:49  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Nice reply.

Performance and Quality are different concepts.

And this:

"See I don't agree with this.

This in my opinion makes the PC version's performance superior."

falls under quality, so he's right, no matter what you do, the game will be always capped at 29-30 fps

The graphical performance is superior though, the fps drop less and therefore the graphical quality is directly effecting the performance.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8