Fenrir.Othilda
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 12:37:17  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Fenrir.Reece said: »
Fenrir.Othilda said: »
With right gear BRD songs can last 3mins+ which should be the average floor completion time which I wouldn't see as a problem.
COR could be advantageous for rolls but like you said, time is an issue there.

I mean if there aren't survivability issues you could easily swap out a mage job for another DD.
But if there was to be 3 DD.

I was thinking of taking

SAM WAR WAR. Maybe RNG depending on gear.

3mins per floor?

You have clearly never won NNI with 3 mins per floor. Should be closer to 90 seconds per floors to get a decent win rate, 3 mins on order max.

I was curious, why are you thinking rng? I know they are strong, but wouldn't they die a lot more easily with lower defense? Or are you assuming they would almost one shot the mobs?

(Sorry bout the deleted post....had an issue quoting lol!)
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-12 12:38:36  
Asura.Aikchan said: »
Just waiting for the nerf to aim to 80. Already did a lv80 run w/o embrava, 1x SCH, 1x THF(lamp), 4x DD(DRG,MNK,BLU,SAM) got 8 lamps floor, 6 order, many kill all and still and got to 80 and killed boss with ~2mins, If that is the "worst" run, so we can say 80 is possible ~99% of the time. 1 piece every 5 run, no bad and legit.

If later we manage to get to 80 with more than 10 mins spare, probably will aim to 100.

Curious why you'd bring a THF instead of a BRD.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-12 12:39:46  
I'm pretty sure the ideal build will settle on DD DD DD DD SCH BRD/SCH, but the ideal DDs may switch. The brd will be the lamp person and do marches (assuming 2 song brd), the sch will follow DDs healing them keeping up all the same buffs they do currently. Embrava can be used at some point on the later floors to give a bit of a boost.

At the moment DDs are basically encouraged to come on the highest DD jobs and told to play 100% offensively, loosing embravas regen will only force them to play more defensively (seigen/3rd eye and more common use of a pdt set) or play a more defensive job (spharai mnks, apoc drks, blu).
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 12:45:28  
Apoc, MNK, BLU, DNC.

Meet your new Nyzul overlords.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-12 12:48:31  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Apoc, MNK, BLU, DNC.

Meet your new Nyzul overlords.

Pfft my rng will still be king.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 12:49:27  
You're always half dead WITH embrava.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-12 12:51:22  
Inb4 we see people go war\dnc etc to NNI for self-cures :D(I see that in VW occationally)
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-12 12:54:38  
You're always half dead WITH embrava.

This is lies :(, although I probably wont solo NMs on kill all floors anymore post nerf. Leave that to the apoc drks :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 12:55:30  
It's basically going to be BRD SCH Mage heavy DDx3 or BRD SCH low maintenance DD x4.

I'd probably do the former with Mage #2 being a relic/kraken WHM. Best of both worlds.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-12 12:57:22  
Wish I knew a DECENT whm with relic club.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-12 12:58:12  
Could use the 2nd strat but w/ 1-2 high maintenance DDs and just make the sch always follow them.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 12:59:02  
But think of all of the TP spam we cold generate together.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 12:59:07  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
itchi508 said: »
/rdm gives mab from sub job, factcast and convert but for dmg output yes i said ppl /war but i personaly would not lil extra dmg from /war in short time /rdm could do long term with convert plus having barspells to your advantage but again this my preference other people play jobs diferently, merrits , spells, gear etc all depends wwhat kind of blu you are

MAB from /rdm is useless since magical damage spells suck for blu. FC well this is mainly for the recast since blu spells go off in 1.5sec. Only thing you are really gaining is convert which with the right mp management mp isnt in issue. /war on the other hand gives you access to a better DA trait and with spells you can get TA since DA doesnt stack, Zerk, Warcry and Aggressor to improve white damage and CDC damage.
I totaly aggree with you on /war its great for dmg output but most all mobs get ripped apart by blu regardless of your sub but having vert is a very nice benefit if you have depleted your mp for w/e reason since you wont be ws as often blu will be more dependant on mp. So ither way /rdm or /war are both good choices ither less mp for more dmg or less dmg for more mp, it all depends on the situation regardless of what kind of blu you are theres no right answer the convo would be endless about blu but back to subject "what is or would your preffered new static be built on w/ the embrava nerf"
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-12 13:02:26  

Pfft you are just dual wielding kraken with subtle *** traits... get on my level of tp feeding and then we'll talk.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 13:03:34  
Curoius of how bst would perform i personaly wouldnt take one but the options of bst are acceptable besides the only form of movment are the 8% legs and low dmg ws a pet could be thrown on a mob wile the bst moves on to next mob, or lamps w/ mobs around them or say aggro u wouldn have to be slept or have the person being interrupted and for boss i feel bst would be lacking alot of dmg of course idk tho like i said i would never take one w/ me just wonderig if anyone ever has and had succsess or seen benifets from doin so besides the lack of dmg output it does sound like beneficial help in some aspects

Lolwut, since when are skadi feet 8%?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 13:08:02  
Fenrir.Curty said: »

Pfft you are just dual wielding kraken with subtle *** traits... get on my level of tp feeding and then we'll talk.

Wow, WHM/NIN nearly hs capped subtle blow, I never really thought about it lol.
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-12 13:11:02  
Fenrir.Stolas said: »
The best way to respond to SE's nerfing of something difficult to begin with?

Throw more pets at it

5 bsts and 1 smn sounds perfect (for healing and the whole *just-in-case*)
That's not so crazy of an idea now I wish I knew enough pet players... SMN for 6 min hastes and nukes/enspells, BSTs with Falcorr have no problem chaining powder boots and haste set won't take a hit from losing feet slot...

Hmmm curious indeed.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 13:13:35  
Jassik said: »
Curoius of how bst would perform i personaly wouldnt take one but the options of bst are acceptable besides the only form of movment are the 8% legs and low dmg ws a pet could be thrown on a mob wile the bst moves on to next mob, or lamps w/ mobs around them or say aggro u wouldn have to be slept or have the person being interrupted and for boss i feel bst would be lacking alot of dmg of course idk tho like i said i would never take one w/ me just wonderig if anyone ever has and had succsess or seen benifets from doin so besides the lack of dmg output it does sound like beneficial help in some aspects

This all revolves around the fact that not everyone has or have the capability to get them due to salvage being a 3man event where as anyone can solo the Asa in a few days for Desultor Tassets 8%
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-12 13:17:59  
Bismarck.Zagen said: »
Fenrir.Stolas said: »
The best way to respond to SE's nerfing of something difficult to begin with?

Throw more pets at it

5 bsts and 1 smn sounds perfect (for healing and the whole *just-in-case*)
That's not so crazy of an idea now I wish I knew enough pet players... SMN for 6 min hastes and nukes/enspells, BSTs with Falcorr have no problem chaining powder boots and haste set won't take a hit from losing feet slot...

Hmmm curious indeed.

I think 5 bst + SCH for regen enthunder and hastes will be the way to go.

It's pretty interesting to think that on a kill all floor the BST could just drop off thier pet on one mob and move on to the next. And for leader/boss floors 10 things on the mob is going to take it down quick.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 13:19:24  
And when ***hits the fan you can eat your pet!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-11-12 13:19:57  

This all revolves around the fact that not everyone has or have the capability to get them due to salvage being a 3man event where as anyone can solo the Asa in a few days for Desultor Tassets 8%
do you ever use periods?
By itchi508 2012-11-12 13:25:40  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »

do you ever use periods?
Lol does it matter. Where. Not. Being graded are we ? This is a post about peoples thoughts on new static build not proper gramer education from my cell phone you can still read & understand it so does that make you just as dumb?
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-11-12 13:29:46  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »

do you ever use periods?
Lol does it matter. Where. Not. Being graded are we ? This is a post about peoples thoughts on new static build not proper gramer education from my cell phone you can still read & understand it so does that make you just as dumb?
no comment
[+]
 Fenrir.Othilda
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 13:39:37  
I see people mentioning bst. No offense to any good bst...lol but I cannot stop imagining a shout group...with 5 bsts and a sch and the bst all wearing perle. All I typically see anymore are perle bst, with the exception of the few that have the relic and decent gear (ex: Gundulagause).
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-11-12 13:45:39  
Fenrir.Othilda said: »
I see people mentioning bst. No offense to any good bst...lol but I cannot stop imagining a shout group...with 5 bsts and a sch and the bst all wearing perle. All I typically see anymore are perle bst, with the exception of the few that have the relic and decent gear (ex: Gundulagause).

Damn Perle SCHs
[+]
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2012-11-12 13:57:41  
hey now, you haven't seen my bst in a while the othi. and hi!
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 14:09:19  

Wait, so you're saying the point is that people can't get gear from a three man event full of 75 mobs, so they are going after gear from a 6 man event full of dc mobs?

Fry_not_sure_if_serious.jpg
By itchi508 2012-11-12 14:19:56  
Yes that is what im saying because not everyone has skadi, not everyone wants to use tags to for assults then salvage on top is a different aspect on who acually wants to do it. its not the 75 days where everyone does salvage like they use to, the gear is expired with no reason to do it besides mythic purpose. people want NNI. Your post makes no sence if you dont have skadi are you goin to run salvage for weeks to get them or jus take few days to get Asa complete like most everyone has and have already done
By itchi508 2012-11-12 14:27:37  
And again not everyone is from the 75days or even 60cap days.... Most people never done PW, sea, sky, salvage,assults or even einherjar at that. they are abysea trained with no knoladge of half the gear we all thought was good back then.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-12 14:39:54  
And again not everyone is from the 75days or even 60cap days.... Most people never done PW, sea, sky, salvage,assults or even einherjar at that. they are abysea trained with no knoladge of half the gear we all thought was good back then.

I think the implication that FFXI picked up most of its current players in the abyssea era is a bit farfetched.

Beyond that, it's probably safe to say that most players capable of successful NNI runs have done most of the events you listed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7