users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Embrava Nerf NNI
Embrava Nerf NNI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 16:14:28  
It really is without mythic, and it brings nothing to the table that another job can't bring more of.
 Fenrir.Elliott
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-11-12 16:16:18  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
DRG needs a mythic to be competitive with other DDs. Versus the relatively weak enemies yo find in NNI, and especially /Mage, I doubt it would outperform DNC. I don't even think it would outperform THF.
"Almost anything" is really misleading. I mean come on, drg isn't THAT bad.

I agree. Sylow is way over the top on this one.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 16:18:09  
Name one thing non mythic DRG has going for it.
 Fenrir.Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-11-12 16:20:50  
It's not about what it has "going for it". It's just that it's not near as bad as you say, and if it were, a mythic weapon will not save it, because there is no way you are full timing AM3.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 16:22:11  
Yes you are. Two jumps and you're there, basically.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 16:25:01  
I think you know enough about the game to figure it out without me pointing out the obvious. Just feels like your stuck in the loldrg days or something.

Name every job you'd take over a drg in a dd slot for NNI. I bet there won't be 19 of them.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 16:25:25  
If your goal isn't keeping am3 up, why build a mythic?
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 16:26:28  
Also, there aren't 19 other dd jobs...
 Fenrir.Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-11-12 16:27:47  
If that is the case, then it's probably out performing almost any other DD you could take to NNI. But I would still refuse to say it's as bad as you claim.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 16:28:26  
Jassik said: »
Also, there aren't 19 other dd jobs...
Yeah, and "Almost anything" doesn't exempt non-dd jobs.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 16:29:21  
Why are you extrapolating my statement to nude all 19 jobs when were talking about DD? I thought it was already trivial to not include mages in the pool.

Do I really have to spell everything out?
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 16:32:15  
Instead of non mythic drg... War, drk, sam, mnk, blu. Very few groups would lose anything by trading for a drk or Sam.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 16:48:46  
Why are you extrapolating my statement to nude all 19 jobs when were talking about DD? I thought it was already trivial to not include mages in the pool.

No, I'm just being an ***. Just annoys me when people toss drg in the dirt and act like using it is a plague on any group.

But seriously, just how far do you think the average geared drg is behind the average geared DD to put drg in the back of the bus unilaterally. Just my experience has shown drg to be pretty on par with other dds especially in situations like NNI. I'd like to know just how removed my experience is from reality.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-12 17:01:06  
I assume sylow (based on previous positions he has taken) isn't saying drg is unusable for neonyzul, just that it is close to the bottom of the list in terms of how effectively it will fill the roll without heavy investment into the job. All jobs have intrinsic advantages and weaknesses, and unfortunately for drg it loses many of its advantages (for example being a 2handed DD vs a 1 handed DD) in situations like NNI.

That said, if you have a well geared drg it works fine just like almost any other job in the game. In general the argument isn't that "your job is bad" it is that "you should have a realistic view of your job and it's strengths and weaknesses".
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 17:14:31  

No, I'm just being an ***. Just annoys me when people toss drg in the dirt and act like using it is a plague on any group.

But seriously, just how far do you think the average geared drg is behind the average geared DD to put drg in the back of the bus unilaterally. Just my experience has shown drg to be pretty on par with other dds especially in situations like NNI. I'd like to know just how removed my experience is from reality.

By what metric?
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 17:17:32  
Party space, lotting luck, bandwidth?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 17:32:15  
Can someone provide for me the best NNI-inclusive and non-NNI TP and Stardiver sets for Gungnir/OAT DRG?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 17:33:25  
Or Drakesbane if that's better, I don't really care.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 17:37:21  
By best outside of NNI gear, are you counting stuff like Hexed -1.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 17:39:57  

Probably not, if you don't have NNI gear, not having Hexed -1 is a reasonable assumption. Go ahead and allow anything from VW, though.
By Avitori 2012-11-12 17:50:55  
I've seen a couple good DRG's, but that isn't saying much when 90% of the playerbase is complete sh*t in terms of gear/skill.
 Fenrir.Othilda
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 17:58:19  
Can someone provide for me the best NNI-inclusive and non-NNI TP and Stardiver sets for Gungnir/OAT DRG?

I can't give gear sets for my drg or I would. It includes NNi gear...so lol

edit: well nvm....I didn't see the "inclusive" part.
 Siren.Hyabusa
サーバ: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-11-12 18:00:38  
Any thoughts on BRD (Lamp ***) SCH BLU MNK MNK COR (With WF of course)

a SCH and a BLU should be able to keep the DD's alive and the COR provides extra sleeps and +att +regain
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2012-11-12 18:01:08  
itchi508 said: »
Curoius of how bst would perform i personaly wouldnt take one but the options of bst are acceptable besides the only form of movment are the 8% legs and low dmg ws a pet could be thrown on a mob wile the bst moves on to next mob, or lamps w/ mobs around them or say aggro u wouldn have to be slept or have the person being interrupted and for boss i feel bst would be lacking alot of dmg of course idk tho like i said i would never take one w/ me just wonderig if anyone ever has and had succsess or seen benifets from doin so besides the lack of dmg output it does sound like beneficial help in some aspects

Not sure if anyone fixed this but they have access to skadi feet which give 12% movement iirc. So pretty equal in terms of movement speed. Edit: Because I didn't want to read 3 more pages.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-12 18:03:13  

Probably not, if you don't have NNI gear, not having Hexed -1 is a reasonable assumption. Go ahead and allow anything from VW, though.
TP-

Drakes-

Just replace claymore with rose for Gungnir. TP use AF3+2 boots and WS use AF2+2.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 18:05:52  
And excluding NNI gear?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 18:07:28  
Siren.Hyabusa said: »
Any thoughts on BRD (Lamp ***) SCH BLU MNK MNK COR (With WF of course)

a SCH and a BLU should be able to keep the DD's alive and the COR provides extra sleeps and +att +regain

COR is terrible, rolling takes too long. And if you miss someone there's no fast way to reapply it.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-12 18:12:20  
And excluding NNI gear?
Would probably be better off with a 6-hit at that point.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-11-12 18:12:39  
You can get people if you double up on them. For example, if one member runs away from you rolling, you can chase them down with a double up with them in range and they still get the roll.

*edit* not advocating COR for Nyzul in any way, just in response to sylow.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7