Embrava Nerf NNI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-12 14:49:51  
itchi508 said: »
And again not everyone is from the 75days or even 60cap days.... Most people never done PW, sea, sky, salvage,assults or even einherjar at that. they are abysea trained with no knoladge of half the gear we all thought was good back then.
Are these players also incapable of researching things on their own or even with a little guidance?
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 15:03:14  
And again not everyone is from the 75days or even 60cap days.... Most people never done PW, sea, sky, salvage,assults or even einherjar at that. they are abysea trained with no knoladge of half the gear we all thought was good back then.

I'm not from the 60 cap days, bud, but guess what, I still have skadi feet, I still have AV and PW wins, and using that a crutch is BS. ANYONE who has a hope in hell of hitting F100 on ANY job before or after nerf will have done thier appropriate quest/mission lines. Wasting your augments on 8% movement speed legs for BST is really pretty pathetic, as you can have skadi feet in 3-4 days with 1-2 tags, not really any tougher than ASA.

I'm sure the people fretting about NNI strategies after embrava nerf are sitting on 4 tags 90% of the time, and can spare a few to improve thier job. If you're not spamming nyzul now or can't win, you certainly won't be able to after if you aren't capable of completing lvl75 content.
[+]
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:10:46  
Maybe on your server but from what i see is alot of people buying gear then realizing its possible to win therfore creating a static because the got a taste of some NNi gear. Theres more new players since abysea came out than there are old players most old players have quit the game. Jus sayin not everyone has salvage gear just cause its easy dont mean people still wana do it, this convo has been directed in a way saying that everyone should have skadi boots wich theres more people w/o them then there are with them
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-12 15:12:56  
Theres more new players since abysea came out than there are old players most old players have quit the game.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion?
[+]
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:18:32  
Only the fact that my friendslist has gone from around 50 active people to a average of 6, that and i dont no most anyone i see anymore, on top of that we had a server merge wile back due to the population decreasing. Im sure its same on all servers not saying theres no old players but the amount of people that did not run the events we did back then is probably higher han we all think, should do a poll of some sort find out the %
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 15:21:47  
So your evidence is ... Feelings?
[+]
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:22:01  
Most People that lead NNI have knoladge of the event yes but does that mean all members do? How many people LV sch jus to be a part of NNI because they are usless otherwise? And would not have been accepted because of skill or experiance reasons so they got put on lamp duty
 Fenrir.Othilda
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 15:24:12  
Changing the subject a lil...

I expect the "embrava nerf" may make NNi easier. I mean they talked about increasing the floor jumps right? 4-9 was it with each up? I'm expecting it to be easier...only reason people are thinking it may be harder is, because they hate change and think that embrava is the only way to win.

In some ways I'm kinda looking forward to the update. However, I do wonder how much it will affect sch's...future rdm maybe? XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 15:24:21  
The effectiveness of your lamp *** is still important. The difference between a skilled, knowledgable lamp *** and a dunce cap lamp *** is noticeable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 15:24:58  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Oh o...Sylow is gonna show you some math equations and derivatives now! =P
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-12 15:26:07  
Only the fact that my friendslist has gone from around 50 active people to a average of 6, that and i dont no most anyone i see anymore, on top of that we had a server merge wile back due to the population decreasing. Im sure its same on all servers not saying theres no old players but the amount of people that did not run the events we did back then is probably higher han we all think, should do a poll of some sort find out the %

First, with a standard 95% confidence interval, using a sample size of 50 to draw conclusions for a population of approximately 250,000 carries a margin of error of 13.86%, far too large to draw meaningful conclusions from.

Secondly, that's a convenience sample.

Thirdly, old players quitting != new players joining to replace them. No one is debating the fact that many old players have quit, which is the only thing a shrinking friend list might indicate. It's this influx of new players you keep referring to which is in question. What evidence do you have to suggest that there has been any meaningful influx of "abyssea-era" players? FFXI's declining population would suggest the opposite.
[+]
 Fenrir.Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 15:26:14  
The effectiveness of your lamp *** is still important. The difference between a skilled, knowledgable lamp *** and a dunce cap lamp *** is noticeable.

I highly agree with this. It still takes some skill to do this effectively...I've ran with some horrible "lamp ***."
 Bismarck.Valmur
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Valmur
By Bismarck.Valmur 2012-11-12 15:27:53  
Fenrir.Othilda said: »

Oh o...Sylow is gonna show you some math equations and derivatives now! =P

Numbers don't lie :3
[+]
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:32:59  
This thread has moved to "everyone should have skadi boots" & everyone that does NNI has done all other AU events, which isn't true we all no. But i said use Asa legs for the reason it is the solo able way for bst to attain movement speed because not everyone has skadi. Wheres all the NNI static builds? Just trolls bord lookn to criticize posts lol
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-12 15:34:16  
This thread has moved to "everyone should have skadi boots" & everyone that does NNI has done all other AU events, which isn't true we all no. But i said use Asa legs for the reason it is the solo able way for bst to attain movement speed because not everyone has skadi. Wheres all the NNI static builds? Just trolls bord lookn to criticize posts lol

Asking for evidence or reasoning to support blanket assertions = trolling.

I see.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 15:35:24  
Alternatively, you can go acquire the pieces of gear that allow one to function in an event before doing that event.

Pretty sure there are better things to do with ASA legs than movement speed that's available elsewhere.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-12 15:36:14  
Superior movement speed at that.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:38:03  
Im excited for nerf create a new challenge and with higher jumps i think will bring more success to all teams, with good luck who knows we could see FL100 with 11+ min to spare on some runs
 Fenrir.Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 15:41:03  
Wheres all the NNI static builds? Just trolls bord lookn to criticize posts lol

Ok, I'll help out the forum a lil.

People mentioned 3 dd 3 healers/buffers or 4 dd 2 healers/buffers. Lets say you run this with a group of friends and do not want to exclude anyone or get randoms. I was going through different set ups and thought maybe 5 dd and a healer (only with the assumption the group of 6 doesn't have anyone to do buffs (like cor or brd). One of the dd would be blu, because imo blu are very important in NNi and thought maybe of trying drg/mage (rest of the dd would be w/e heavy dd).

Would drg/mage even be worth it? Or would it be better to go with a dnc or even another mage? Ideas?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 15:44:54  
I would take almost anything over non-Ryunohige DRG.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-11-12 15:45:41  
I have not yet had the time to try a NNI run, but was curious how you guys feel about a run with well geared drg/mage, drg/mage, drg/mage, and 3 serious DD's. Drg's all have max healing breath gear to macro in, Blood Cuisses for 12% speed,and can pop healing breaths for 800 HP+. Much more w/ DB. They can also haste, cure, sleep, refresh depending on mage sub.
Just considering different jobs post nerf.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-12 15:46:28  
BRD SCH BLU DDx3.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:47:57  
Fenrir.Othilda said: »
Wheres all the NNI static builds? Just trolls bord lookn to criticize posts lol

Ok, I'll help out the forum a lil.

Thnks othi back on track for now XD i think drg/mage would out perform a dnc for faster dmg such as landing on Vampry or even say Leader floors but dnc does put out some meaty SC's that add up im unsure but both very well self sustained jobs all around
 Fenrir.Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-12 15:52:05  
Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
I have not yet had the time to try a NNI run, but was curious how you guys feel about a run with well geared drg/mage, drg/mage, drg/mage, and 3 serious DD's. Drg's all have max healing breath gear to macro in, Blood Cuisses for 12% speed,and can pop healing breaths for 800 HP+. Much more w/ DB. They can also haste, cure, sleep, refresh depending on mage sub.
Just considering different jobs post nerf.

Just remember, that having that many of the same weapon types may have a bad effect. For example: lets say you get a floor with a lot of those skeleton NMs. I forget the names exactly...but they are names after the seven deadly sins (greed, sloth, etc.). It's the same reason for not having all mnks in case you run into too many slimes.

I try to have a mix of dd in there to counter act that.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-12 15:53:03  
You know, it's not always a good idea to think outside of the box.
[+]
By itchi508 2012-11-12 15:55:54  
What about star-driver ? See allot of nice dmg come from that and drakesbane still puts out competitive dmg w/o having actual mythic. Not arguing with how much better mythic is just seing a competitive look on keeping up w/o acually having one
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 15:56:51  
Drg already has a benefit of curing once a minute and you don't need to be /mage for it either and lacking /sam is devastating to their DD capacity.

OAT or Gungnir drgs are pretty good too. But my view of how drg works is heavy distorted by a badass drg.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-12 16:00:35  
DRG needs a mythic to be competitive with other DDs. Versus the relatively weak enemies yo find in NNI, and especially /Mage, I doubt it would outperform DNC. I don't even think it would outperform THF.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-12 16:06:30  

Lets shift the discussion to strategies for underskilled and unprepared people? Are you going to ask strategies for people who don't have whitegate access? Why even attempt an event you have no hope of completing, spend the time preparing for it. And I'd never take a burned sch to an event that is so dependent on fast thinking and sch's need to be quick to shift gears. Be prepared or don't succeed, plain and simple, stop making excuses for people not taking the time. Most of those people are the same ones standing in jeuno everyday asking people to start shouts for mobs they haven't bothered to climb to.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 16:11:01  
DRG needs a mythic to be competitive with other DDs. Versus the relatively weak enemies yo find in NNI, and especially /Mage, I doubt it would outperform DNC. I don't even think it would outperform THF.
"Almost anything" is really misleading. I mean come on, drg isn't THAT bad.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7