Kenkonken Parse
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 13:12:46  
darthmaull said: »
Problem with this whole kkk thread is that I believe the last time I checked when they had a moogle event, I believe there were less then 10 pups on all servers with kkk. And I think they were all Japanese except for one or two the most. Hardly anyone puts a lot of effort into the job but a lot of people know what it can do without them experiencing it personally. (sure) I know that you have one Jonadriel but is it even completed?
There's at least 11 registered at 75 on this site. The last census I remember saying something like 20+ on all servers.

Setting that aside, while I support the want for parses the best targets would honestly be higher tier nms simply because they are the harder targets and are more favored in general. While normal mobs would be easier to test on they wouldn't give an adequate show of what KKK could do in a high buff, strong target scenario. That's just my opinion though. At the very least, especially using the turtles, I suppose you could show some average Stringing Pummel numbers to show people what the ws is capable of with KKK though.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-03-21 13:17:08  
I am a PUP defender in my LS, i love the job, and have geared it accordingly for Smite and Pummel. my Verethragnas are level 90, as i don't have the gil to take it to 99, nor do i have the inclination to make a Kenkonken, when my plan is to make a Ryunohige.

I've seen a regular 2300-2600 Pummels in Salvage 2, and 18-2400 smites. Both sets are well geared. I've done Salvage with jonadriel and he can attest to my mastery of puppet. I don't think i'm quite as good as him at it, and i'm still missing some key components.

There is also a ton of pet/automaton Haste+ gear for the master, which stacks with the wind maneuvers.

Would i ever take my puppet into something like Legion? Only if i had KKK and Shijin Spiral maxed. As good as puppetmaster is, it is considered a versatile melee support job. It has the potential to deal great amounts of damage in conjunction with your automaton through Master WS, and Puppet WS, as well as the resulting Skillchain of either Light (VS > Armor Shatterer) or Darkness (Stringing Pummel > String Shredder).

The heaviest of the heavy damage dealers are Warrior, Dark Knight, Samurai, Monk, and Dragoon (although this one is fairly negiligible due to the fact most endgame mobs heavily resist piercing)

The problem with taking a puppetmaster into these major events is that the automaton dies quickly, and if it dies immediately after Deus Ex Automaton is used, you still have to wait the remainder of the 1 minute recast to resummon, essentially nullifying any potential output from your auto.

You could argue the use of Repair and all two of the repair enhancers (Guignol Earring and Puppetry Churidars), which again detracts from the Master output as well, and again, has a 2 minute recast. While the 2 minute recast doesn't seem all the long, it's more than long enough in the event of something like Legion.

The biggest difference between the DD i mentioned earlier, and pup, is the number of times they use their JA. Pup uses them constantly, while the others need only use at the beginning of battle between waves of mobs.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 13:24:17  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

You could argue the use of Repair and all two of the repair enhancers (Guignol Earring and Puppetry Churidars)
I support what you're saying. But I'm saddened by your forgetting of Desulator Tassets and Puppetry Churidars don't enhance Repair. :< If you meant Babouches, I apologize for being nit-picky. XP But still can you call that an enhancement given you're talking more about the healing effect of Repair which the Babouches do not enhance.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-03-21 13:24:24  
I still don't know why parses are still being asked for... they mean *** all... other than to see whos pimp at what they do and who is gimp.

The spreadsheets that people hate do not lie.. (well user error then they lie)

With the planned adjustments now coming up it could make and it SHOULD make PUPs KKK perform better I believe then is the time to remath it out and see its potential.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 13:25:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
May be much to ask, but I've been wondering what kind of numbers PUPs have been putting up with Kenkonken, does anyone have screen shots or parses or anything.

Been looking into the next major project to work on, and I love pup, but just wondering how it stacks up to the other weapons.

hmmmm re-reading the OP, I am thinking he just wanted to compare non-mythic PUP dmg against mythic PUP dmg and how much performance PUP get's out of the mythic. So, maybe the best way to answer his question is making a parser of a non-mythic PUP against a mythic PUP?
Or maybe he just wants to know how a mythic PUP puts out numbers compared to the top DD jobs, in wich case, any mob work if is to compare dmg, including the 100+ turtles.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-03-21 13:26:37  
The Babouches, yes. Anyways, the repair effect enhancement on those extends to the regen effect, and in order to fully utilize it, requries leaving them on during the duration of the regen.

And it's the Desultor Tassets.

I haven't forgotten about them, i simply chose to leave it out, as they are a somewhat negligible piece of leg equipment for the puprose of this thread.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 13:29:39  
Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
May be much to ask, but I've been wondering what kind of numbers PUPs have been putting up with Kenkonken, does anyone have screen shots or parses or anything.

Been looking into the next major project to work on, and I love pup, but just wondering how it stacks up to the other weapons.

hmmmm re-reading the OP, I am thinking he just wanted to compare non-mythic PUP dmg against mythic PUP dmg and how much performance PUP get's out of the mythic. So, maybe the best way to answer his question is making a parser of a non-mythic PUP against a mythic PUP?
Or maybe he just wants to know how a mythic PUP puts out numbers compared to the top DD jobs, in wich case, any mob work if is to compare dmg, including the 100+ turtles.
I believe he meant the latter given this post from him further down the first page.
yea, Just been kinda wondering how it'd stack up to like a rag dark, or a ukon war or such or so. Was hoping people had parses or something or to compare
The Babouches, yes. Anyways, the repair effect enhancement on those extends to the regen effect, and in order to fully utilize it, requries leaving them on during the duration of the regen.
I hope I'm not misunderstanding your post, but as far as I know, the Babouches never enhanced any aspect of the Regen or the initial amount healed. All they did was add a Remedy effect to the oil.

As I said, my apology if I misunderstood and you didn't mean that they did.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-03-21 13:31:20  
Ok, that was another mistake on my part, it added an erase effect to repair.

I was meshing the effect with guignol for w/e reason. I'm still half asleep.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 13:31:48  
Some people give me so much headache in these threads.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 13:33:57  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

I believe he meant the latter given this post from him further down the first page.
yea, Just been kinda wondering how it'd stack up to like a rag dark, or a ukon war or such or so. Was hoping people had parses or something or to compare

Oh well, if that's the case, that's easy. I'll ask a few relic99/empy99/mythic99 friends to kill turtles for a few with me and parser that. I am sure that will be enough unless his interest was in events like VW or legion or Odin V.2.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 13:35:07  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Some people give me so much headache in these threads.
I hope it's not me. I'm being extremely nit-picky today. ;.; Probably gonna stop posting now cause I know I'm just derailing the thread.

Ok, that was another mistake on my part, it added an erase effect to repair.

I was meshing the effect with guignol for w/e reason. I'm still half asleep.
No problem, was just making sure I didn't miss something and no one was misled. x.x Some of the things I've had to teach out of new PUPs I've met while playing have been...ridiculous to say the least.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 13:35:52  
Nah, not you Spath-kun.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 13:38:25  
Nah, not you Spath-kun.
:D <3

You really must speak in RT once in a while. I miss some of your comments. :<

Ok ok now I'm seriously done derailing. XP
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-21 13:44:02  

Any mob? nah have to level the playing field imho of course a drg from the bird camps says hi. Need to have enough hp to be worth fighting or the sams will one shot before the others have a chance to build tp parses lie all the time because of those nuances.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 13:50:07  
I think the 100+ turtles have enough hp to withstand a few ws. Also, don't think that to compare KKK to other weapons all DDs need to attack at same time. Can just be a compare of, for ex. Rag vs KKK, or something like that. Though I think the op is the one that have to clear this. All we can do about it is wonder what is the best way to, fairly, compare the dmg of two weapons without using spreadsheets
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 13:56:20  
Doesn't matter what target you chose you'll still be comparing players and not weapons.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-21 14:01:05  
All tests have variance that can be accounted for pretty much including player A sucking lmao...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 14:04:35  
I mean that's why in the parse I posted earlier I removed the rest of the group, thus only giving information about a pup vs a target people are familiar with.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 14:07:13  
kenshynofshiva said: »
All tests have variance that can be accounted for pretty much including player A sucking lmao...
But it's already hard to account for that as it is and it only gets worse with the variables he's adding by saying things like this
Also, don't think that to compare KKK to other weapons all DDs need to attack at same time.
To average out and remove variables like one DD getting more turtles on the low level spectrum compared to another or getting shafted with spam Defense boosts while another never sees a turtle use one would require a good 100+ turtles to be accurate since you're looking at them attacking completely different targets during the entire parse. Not to mention the time between each engage as you'd also want to time it as simply showing it based on how many turtles killed wouldn't yield accurate results since both would technically be doing about the same amount of damage each turtle given they should have similar amounts of hp.

There's just way too many variables the way you're trying to set it up and goes right back to Seha's point.

Doesn't matter what target you chose you'll still be comparing players and not weapons.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-21 14:10:47  
Its a basic state of fact that the longer duration of a test run vs a subject the variance is reduced its a basic statistical principle....
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 14:13:19  
Its a basic state of fact that the longer duration of a test run vs a subject the variance is reduced its a basic statistical principle....
Yes, but the only way to honestly compare them, is to determine their damage output over a period time while also killing enough different targets to produce an unbiased average.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 14:16:07  
I don't see the point of this "test" that we're supposed to do. Are we trying to determine if pup can outparse a 2hander if he messes up enough? Yes it can. Is pup even to any job on short-end targets? Yes, but the higher it goes, the further the gap leaving pup behind for reasons already stated dozens of time.
What is there to "test"?
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 14:17:06  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
But it's already hard to account for that as it is and it only gets worse with the variables he's adding by saying things like this
Also, don't think that to compare KKK to other weapons all DDs need to attack at same time.
To average out and remove variables like one DD getting more turtles on the low level spectrum compared to another or getting shafted with spam Defense boosts while another never sees a turtle use one would require a good 100+ turtles to be accurate since you're looking at them attacking completely different targets during the entire parse. Not to mention the time between each engage as you'd also want to time it as simply showing it based on how many turtles killed wouldn't yield accurate results since both would technically be doing about the same amount of damage each turtle given they should have similar amounts of hp.

There's just way too many variables the way you're trying to set it up and goes right back to Seha's point.

Well, iwas thinking both DDs on one turtle at the same time. That will rule out any additional buff turtle might get that will give an advantage over the other DD. Also, I never said the parser was gonna be based on how many mobs a DD kill over the other, is a dmg comparison, so, is just dmg vs. dmg under same circumstances. And of course it would need to be more than just a few turtles to effectively see a pattern of dmg.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-21 14:17:10  
Any decent parse calculating dps takes time into consideration pretty easily.. You cant determine anything in 5 minutes over a few hours yes you can then compare the dps of each party tossing out highs and lows really this sort of thing is done all time across industries to calculate tons of variable data.

http://wiki.stat.ucla.edu/socr/index.php/EBook
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 14:18:43  
I don't see the point of this "test" that we're supposed to do. Are we trying to determine if pup can outparse a 2hander if he messes up enough? Yes it can. Is pup even to any job on short-end targets? Yes, but the higher it goes, the further the gap leaving pup behind for reasons already stated dozens of time.
What is there to "test"?

The OP just want to see comparison, that answer can only be given by him. We are just giving out ideas of what's a fair way to compare the dmg of two weapons.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-03-21 14:19:28  
My apologies I suppose I was probably over thinking more than anything. Lack of sleep is partly the culprit and the other is simply me being derpy me. I still agree with Seha on the comparing of players more-so than weapons though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 14:25:03  
1. Grab a spreadsheet
2. Plug buffs, gear and targets
3. ???
4. Profit.

No need to hate on turtles.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-21 14:27:02  
I am personally not a fan of spreadsheets since I've seen that, is a very different thing something in paper than in practice. But If he just want to compare dmg, guess he can use them. Also, let ppl actually play the game to test stuff. Is how things were done and are supose to be done in my opinion.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 14:29:27  
If you want to know the comparison in theory the spreadsheet is good enough. In practice it depends on the players, from their knowledge of the job used to their attention and even internet performance! There's nothing else to it.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-21 14:31:06  
I am personally not a fan of spreadsheets since I've seen that, is a very different thing something in paper than in practice. But If he just want to compare dmg, guess he can use them. Also, let ppl actually play the game to test stuff. Is how things were done and are supode to be done in my opinion.

Yep yep I like to put it on paper and prove it in practice nothing wrong with that. Who verified the spreadsheet was correct???

The real thing tho is after I spend 400 mil and all that time will I be happy? I love my rag it does make me happy lol....