フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Kenkonken Parse
Kenkonken Parse
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-03-22 13:12:01  
well with embrava going the way of the buffalo and all, may not be such a crazy thing to pull those numbers as well lol
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-22 15:48:29  
Phoenix.Kaparu said: »
Just a followup that I doubt anyone cares about anymore, but I played around with PUP sets out of curiosity, and KKK is apparently dramatically overblown outside of the benefits to the automaton

An ~perfect KKK PUP is ~1% ahead of 99 Vere PUP when AM3 cannot be full-timed without penalty(which is exclusive to Voidwatch), and ~6% ahead of 99 Vere when AM3 maintenance is flawless

tl;dr I'd still make one if I could, but 99 Vere is excellent for two jobs, costs substantially less, could be built in a fraction of the time, and is barely inferior

Edit: And PUP barely scrapes by against Ig-Alima level targets in Voidwatch; the job is virtually irrelevant in situations with similar mobs but no atmacites and temporary items to close the gap, so do not make KKK thinking you'll be able to scratch anything in Mul+

Kenkonken gives substantial buffs to the automaton, however. That, and the fact that it looks amazing, are the biggest draws. I use my PUP in different kinds of stuff, and KKK is more interesting to me compared to Vere99. Of course, if I had monk leveled, maybe I'd feel differently.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-03-22 15:55:00  
I dont understand why people make mythics and dont have pocket 99harp/horn bards :| why would uncapped magic/nosongs ever be relevant!
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-03-22 16:07:34  
Asura.Fondue said: »
I dont understand why people make mythics and dont have pocket 99harp/horn bards :| why would uncapped magic/nosongs ever be relevant!

Soloing? Why play PUP if you're just going to have a pocket mage? Might as well play MNK then.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-22 16:10:32  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Phoenix.Kaparu said: »
Just a followup that I doubt anyone cares about anymore, but I played around with PUP sets out of curiosity, and KKK is apparently dramatically overblown outside of the benefits to the automaton

An ~perfect KKK PUP is ~1% ahead of 99 Vere PUP when AM3 cannot be full-timed without penalty(which is exclusive to Voidwatch), and ~6% ahead of 99 Vere when AM3 maintenance is flawless

tl;dr I'd still make one if I could, but 99 Vere is excellent for two jobs, costs substantially less, could be built in a fraction of the time, and is barely inferior

Edit: And PUP barely scrapes by against Ig-Alima level targets in Voidwatch; the job is virtually irrelevant in situations with similar mobs but no atmacites and temporary items to close the gap, so do not make KKK thinking you'll be able to scratch anything in Mul+

Kenkonken gives substantial buffs to the automaton, however. That, and the fact that it looks amazing, are the biggest draws. I use my PUP in different kinds of stuff, and KKK is more interesting to me compared to Vere99. Of course, if I had monk leveled, maybe I'd feel differently.

As someone who appreciates PUP solely for screwing around alone's sake, I agree whole heartily. There are people who commit to upgrades like this for the sake of making a universally weaker job a bit more competitive for group content, though, and these individuals are probably going to be severely disappointed to find out that KKK will change very little in that regard
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-03-22 16:22:04  
What about the effect of Martial Arts V on the KKK? Wouldn't that put it much more over the 1% *or less* substantially? Or is the difference in weapon delay simply negated by the martial arts V?
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-22 16:40:56  
That was included in the comparison.