Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 12:59:23  
I love how people here are claiming that slavery was a South thing only.

How little they know

Oh wait, that's right, they were taught to think that slavery was the only issue of the Civil War, and that state's rights was not even talked about at all.

Edit: paged, so here's today's modern form of slavery:

By fonewear 2014-08-22 13:03:09  
I thought modern slavery involved buying iPhones.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-22 13:03:30  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I just hate the south so much....

and nobody cares about stupid rick perry...hell nobody has even mentioned him for twenty six pages....
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:05:29  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

How little they know

Oh wait, that's right, they were taught to think that slavery was the only issue of the Civil War, and that state's rights was not even talked about at all.

By the time the Civil War began simmering, however, it was largely a South-only thing.

It was far from the only factor, but it certainly was a very large one. Edit: And let's not forget the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't until 1862, when the war began in 1861 and Lincoln purposefully waited for fear of losing the border states.

That's not to forgive it anywhere in the U.S., or the rest of the world for that matter. It's a reprehensible pracitce.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:06:04  
fonewear said: »
I thought modern slavery involved buying iPhones.

It does. It's just so insidious that no one knows they're being enslaved.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 13:13:48  
It was far from the only factor
I'm glad somebody finally admitted it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-22 13:14:29  

people in your office? the voices in your head? I don't see anyone on the forum doing that so.... did you take your meds today?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 13:14:32  
♫Can you pay my bills?
Can you pay my telephone bills?
Do you pay my automo' bills?
If you did then maybe we could chill
I don't think you do
So, you and me are through
Can you pay my bills?
I don't think you do
So, you and me are through.♫
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:17:22  
It was far from the only factor
I'm glad somebody finally admitted it.

But again, it was still a major one and intertwined with the others. And as I edited there, it was enough of one that Lincoln feared losing border states over the issue.

A detestable period of American history no matter how you look at it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:19:12  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
♫Can you pay my bills?
I don't think you do
So, you and me are through
Can you pay my bills?
I don't think you do
So, you and me are through.♫

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 13:21:59  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

people in your office? the voices in your head? I don't see anyone on the forum doing that so.... did you take your meds today?
A symbol of separating from the United States to continue a slave driven economy culminating in one of the bloodiest conflicts in our nations history.
As we've seen in this thread, it's because the loudest voices don't even know why the Civil War happened. Something even 9 year olds should know. I don't expect people to know about the battles but seriously? Slavery was a side issue?
Odin.Jassik said: »
Slavery was the MAIN issue
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Hmmm. The people who claim to not be racists sure like arguments that are popular with racists.
By the time the Civil War began simmering, however, it was largely a South-only thing.
That's 4 people so far. Since nobody wants to admit that slavery happened in the North either....
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 13:24:14  

How little they know

I already explained what you just posted. Dunno where you got that "there was no slavery in the North" when I clearly said the Souths economy depended heavily on the slave plantations. The whole link is a gigantic strawman. People were willing to take up arms because without the value associated in slaves, the wealth of many Southerners would circle the toilet. Lincoln passing Emancipation was a huge middle finger to prominent slave owners and their wealth.

That also meant poor whites who depended on jobs being overseers or otherwise handling slaves went down the tubes. Many of those whites are still poor to this day. When the South collapsed after the war and the subsequent reconstruction, the simmering hatred for the North was for destroying their livelihood and humiliating them into having to stand on 'equal' footing with blacks.

It's also why the Jim Crow mentality was so powerful in the deep South. It's projection of loss amidst a deep sense of superiority to freed slaves. "If we can't lash out against Northerners, we'll make blacks rue the day they threw off their yokes and aspired to be men!"

Somewhere in the minds of some Southerners (and their legacies) is the idea they could have been rich as *** if those Northern pests hadn't tried to interfere with trading human lives to bank a profit. The Civil War is and always will be about slavery, the states rights smokescreen needs slavery to work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:25:01  
Quote:
Since nobody wants to admit that slavery happened in the North either....

I totally did!

There's a great animated map on Wikipedia, actually, showing the progression of free/slave states in the US.

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-22 13:26:39  

A symbol of separating from the United States to continue a slave driven economy culminating in one of the bloodiest conflicts in our nations history.
As we've seen in this thread, it's because the loudest voices don't even know why the Civil War happened. Something even 9 year olds should know. I don't expect people to know about the battles but seriously? Slavery was a side issue?
Hmmm. The people who claim to not be racists sure like arguments that are popular with racists.
That's 4 people so far. Since nobody wants to admit that slavery happened in the North either....

None of those posts claim slavery was only in the south.

You really need to get some help buddy.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-22 13:27:23  

Slavery wasn't ONLY in the South, nobody said that, everyone said it was the main issue. It was the driving force behind tensions on economic issues, it was a major factor in states opposing federal laws, and the list goes on and on.

Let's do a little coherence test...

Man A: There is a mouse in the kitchen.

does that mean...
1. There is a mouse in the kitchen
2. There are mouses ONLY in the kitchen
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 13:28:43  
3. Al Gore is the reason we have mice.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-22 13:29:03  
Let's do a little coherence test...

Man A: There is a mouse in the kitchen.

does that mean...
1. There is a mouse in the kitchen
2. There are mouses ONLY in the kitchen

It means there aren't any mice in the north apparently....
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-22 13:30:23  
Ramyrez doesn't want to admit it, but he's old enough to remember when Beyonce was straight Houston.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:32:59  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Ramyrez doesn't want to admit it, but he's old enough to remember when Beyonce was straight Houston.

He had to look it up, as he really didn't remember.

I don't listen to crap.

(edit:waiting to be told I'm racist for that. I don't like basketball either. Must be racist for sure. *gasp*)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 13:35:36  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Again, if someone states that they fly the flag as a symbol of states rights and you discredit that and assume they're racist anyways, YOU'RE the one obsessed with race.

Yup, states rights. War of Northern Aggression. We'd have been better off as a Confederacy yada yada.

The flags disgusting. It's like flying a Nazi flag and then talking some ***about nationalism. That flag is Anti-American by default and stands for the opposite of unity - bloody division.
Right! How could it mean anything BUT racism.

You know the swastika means other things than Nazism too right?

Did you even read what I said about this?

It doesn't matter if it meant something else. Once it was associated with hate, intolerance and, in the case of the swastika, one of the bloodiest, most abhorrent brutalities in human history, the prior meanings sort of lose weight in the modern world.

Right so there we go! It has many many meanings, but it can ONLY mean to everyone what it means to you. No other viewpoint will be tolerated!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-22 13:35:41  
I don't listen to crap.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 13:38:44  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

He had to look it up, as he really didn't remember.

I don't listen to crap.

(edit:waiting to be told I'm racist for that. I don't like basketball either. Must be racist for sure. *gasp*)

RACIST. WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST QUEEN BEYONCE!? (and those other two that dont matter)

(The song comes to mind because it was popular when I was but a wee pup... and because it was on at karaoke not too long ago.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:44:28  
Again, if someone states that they fly the flag as a symbol of states rights and you discredit that and assume they're racist anyways, YOU'RE the one obsessed with race.

Yup, states rights. War of Northern Aggression. We'd have been better off as a Confederacy yada yada.

The flags disgusting. It's like flying a Nazi flag and then talking some ***about nationalism. That flag is Anti-American by default and stands for the opposite of unity - bloody division.

It doesn't matter if it meant something else. Once it was associated with hate, intolerance and, in the case of the swastika, one of the bloodiest, most abhorrent brutalities in human history, the prior meanings sort of lose weight in the modern world.

Right so there we go! It has many many meanings, but it can ONLY mean to everyone what it means to you. No other viewpoint will be tolerated!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 13:47:41  

The alternate meanings are regarding Eastern culture which has little if no bearings in the West. Stop being daft, you damn well know how flying a swastika in the West is going to go over.

Just like the idiots who drape themselves in a Confederate flag. You either do it because you're a racist ***, ignorant of the meaning or as a symbol of rebellion against the system.

If the issue was about states rights, don't tread on me (Gadsden flag) is easily available and gets the point across without co-opting a disgusting symbol of the Souths dark past.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 13:48:47  

Most people consider 1920 (pre nazi germany) the modern world btw...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 13:51:39  
So before the largest conflict on Earth that irrevocably changed international geopolitics to the present day while also holding one of the largest death tolls in human history? Ok.

Please, fly that swastika high at a Jewish gathering so they can beat the *** out of you. I'm sure everyone will respect your right to fly that symbol of 'peace' and not associate you with the Nazi movement.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 13:56:40  
So before the largest conflict on Earth that irrevocably changed international geopolitics to the present day while also holding one of the largest death tolls in human history? Ok.

Please, fly that swastika high at a Jewish gathering so they can beat the *** out of you. I'm sure everyone will respect your right to fly that symbol of 'peace' and not associate you with the Nazi movement.
...and there we are again. "My view is undeniable, others will not be tolerated."
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:58:33  

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 13:58:52  
...and there we are again. My view is undeniable, others will not be tolerated.
Stop being a victim. Try being factually correct instead!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 14:06:52  
...and there we are again. My view is undeniable, others will not be tolerated.
Stop being a victim. Try being factually correct instead!
I don't play the victim, that's your schtick remember.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36