フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-19 17:09:59  
Dragonimi said:
Heya,

So Luarania got the jobs right and the critique wrong.

The original group was RDM RDM THF THF BLU. Then I offered my assistance as SMN and a few ZNM shell members, SAM and WHM, looking for ToD showed up and offered help. No random team up really, just some assistance and a bit of time to figure out the alliance setup really.

Now its not that we didn't know what was happening or all hell was breaking lose, its just that more people makes for a more chaotic fight especially on Charby. Not having evasion buffs and a few lucky TP moves when our THF tank's shadows were down was what caused the problem. So hate went screwy and we had to improvise. I assume we did rather well considering we didn't lose it completely. Sloppy yes, but an unskilled kill, never. We just had a few mishaps, and compensated. Most of the "running everywhere" was Bind/gravity and cures that were difficult based on terrain and line of sight.

As for the personal attack of "failadin" that was a single person at the end, and had nothing to do with the social linkshells that were helping a friend. So when you make a rather one sided judgment of players based on you being angry at someone else, you really don't do the actual circumstances or behaviors justice.

You were wiping to Charybdis. You suck. End of story.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-19 17:19:16  
Sylph.Vincentius said:

He wasn't the one wiping >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 17:20:36  
lol I never said it was from the shell, I clearly pointed out it was the SAM alone that said it, and yes, I didn't have that much info from the start but there was plenty of jobs around to kill it with hardly any effort. What I saw was a clusterfuck of not knowing what to do and doing it horribly wrong.

Honestly if it wasn't for the WHM being there I don't even think it would have been killed. I hope to god they got the sword, one of the bigger people there that earned it (Has PLD)
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-19 17:24:49  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

He wasn't the one wiping >.>

I wasn't referring to the OP or Nightfyre, I just couldn't get the quote to work and it ended up posting after Night did.

Love how glitchy quoting works on this forum.

Editing my post to make sense up there now, since quote seems to work now. lol
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:02:40  
Exaggerating he was Nightfyre. We were not throwing bodies at it, we only had me DDing and our RDM kiting while our tank was down. Everyone else was just keeping kiters / tanks alive.

Deaths happen when the tank dies and you are having to control a bind/gravity resistant mob. Your Play-by-play was from one, uninformed perspective.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:06:11  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
lol I never said it was from the shell, What I saw was a clusterfuck of not knowing what to do and doing it horribly wrong.

You saw a cluster ***, and I saw people doing what needed to be done with kiting, and heals to stall till our tank was alive again. Just because it looked chaotic doesn't mean it wasn't under control.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:07:17  
The BLU kitted more than the RDM you are talking about, he ended up dying 3-4 times and was out of action more than in.

Yawn was another reason it was killed, if it wasn't for that it would have been a pure wipe. Speaking of which, does that mean Repose works as well?

After it hit 50% people seemed to wise up and let the THF take care of it, although I'm also assuming it was because nearly everyone had gotten killed and was weakened aside the WHM.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 18:07:19  
He's not resistant to Bind at all, builds resistance to Gravity, and evidently he can be slept through the use of Yawn; I don't see why any deaths were necessary following the partial wipe.

EDIT: Yes, if Yawn works then Repose would work. Since a WHM was present, that's another strike against them.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:09:15  
Dragonimi said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
lol I never said it was from the shell, What I saw was a clusterfuck of not knowing what to do and doing it horribly wrong.
You saw a cluster ***, and I saw people doing what needed to be done with kiting, and heals to stall till our tank was alive again. Just because it looked chaotic doesn't mean it wasn't under control.
Chaotic =/= control. If there is chaos then something is going horribly wrong.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:10:26  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Chaotic =/= control. If there is chaos then something is going horribly wrong.

Ill make it bold this time:

LOOKED CHAOTIC
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:14:09  
oww my ears? I think someone is getting upset =/

Any even if it looked like it, doesn't mean it wasn't. I took on a NM today with 2 links and that looked chaotic, hell I thought I was going to wipe a few times.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:17:43  
Wasn't to show emotion, just to draw attention. I don't shout over the internet, causes far too many misconceptions considering you can;t actually hear me.

Ill just say that what you say here
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Any even if it looked like it, doesn't mean it wasn't. I took on a NM today with 2 links and that looked chaotic, hell I thought I was going to wipe a few times.

Completely reinforces what I was saying.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:19:51  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I took on a NM today with 2 links and that looked chaotic, hell I thought I was going to wipe a few times.
Actually not, I said that because it both looked and was. Doesn't do a thing for what you were saying.
 Valefor.Viiju
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2010-05-19 18:24:26  
If it was chaotic or was under control, people shouldn't be wiping to Charby :-/
[+]
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:37:10  
Either way you are making a judgment with less than the facts of the situation(communication, compensation, planning, and problems with terrain). Just your view and take of our actions and how you would have done it different, with a bit of exaggeration to make it more dramatic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 18:37:25  
Dragonimi said:
Exaggerating he was Nightfyre. We were not throwing bodies at it, we only had me DDing and our RDM kiting while our tank was down. Everyone else was just keeping kiters / tanks alive.

Deaths happen when the tank dies and you are having to control a bind/gravity resistant mob. Your Play-by-play was from one, uninformed perspective.
Tell me something. What does Luarania gain from exaggerating here when those involved were not named?

Now, what do you gain by downplaying the events that occurred?

Hmm.

Also, you had 2 THF tanks and at least three people present who should have been able to solo hold for 5 minutes each. Still not seeing how all the deaths were necessary.

EDIT: Terrain is no excuse, the mob is not locked in place.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:39:14  
Valefor.Viiju said:
If it was chaotic or was under control, people shouldn't be wiping to Charby :-/

Sadly when the tank goes down, and enfeebles are being resisted, people die fact of NMs; and I already stated this was the case.
 Cerberus.Eburo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stephano
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-19 18:39:24  
Actually I trio'd charybdis sam/dnc with a bard and a whm... pretty sure I used soboro too... lol

Anyways, saying the nin will give the enemy a lot less TP than a hagun sam is pretty stupid, even counting subtle blow... Swings less times per second and for about the same or more damage, and higher weaponskills...
[+]
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:44:53  

Tell me something. What does Luarania gain from exaggerating here when those involved were not named?

Hmm.

Also, you had 2 THF tanks and at least three people present who should have been able to solo hold for 5 minutes each. Still not seeing how all the deaths were necessary.

EDIT: Terrain is no excuse, the mob is not locked in place.[/quote]

To the first, nothing, except him being supported by those who weren't able to make it and to place this out there for those involved to see and be offended. He could have just done it in game really if he wasn;t striving for attention.

Second, Nothing, I don;t really care what he thinks, just making the persons character and bias be known.

As for the 2THFs. The Evasion geared one, was there for tanking, the other was a hate plant for TA and was acctually a duo box with one of the RDMs. As for the others being able to hold for 5 mins, I'm not sure a BLU could and our RDMs were doing so, and then he resisted. Resists can't be planned for and I can't speak for the WHM or the SAM really.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:47:26  
As for terrain being no excuse, Really?

Because the "you cannot see <insert name here>" when trying to land spells is pretty annoying. So unless you expect us to cast through line of sight barriers, I'm confused as to why this can't be a factor.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:50:35  
Dragonimi said:
As for terrain being no excuse, Really? Because the "you cannot see <insert name here>" when trying to land spells is pretty annoying. So unless you expect us to cast through line of sight barriers, I'm confused as to why this can't be a factor.
If your seeing that message then you are doing it wrong, shouldn't even have it down in the water to start off with.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 18:52:45  
/em jumps into a conversation in which he feels completely ignored within. o.o;
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:53:41  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
As for terrain being no excuse, Really? Because the "you cannot see <insert name here>" when trying to land spells is pretty annoying. So unless you expect us to cast through line of sight barriers, I'm confused as to why this can't be a factor.
If your seeing that message then you are doing it wrong, shouldn't even have it down in the water to start off with.

Actually, you kite where there is room and not a bunch of ppl in your way. The water was the safest place for that considering the onlookers blockign the path.We only had it in the water when our tank was down.

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:53:57  
lol hi Dram, see what you miss when you don't camp it O.O
 Siren.Miayoko
サーバ: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-05-19 18:54:24  
Oh wow, I've duoed Charby and I've had full pt Chary's I can't remember once ever dying. And two of the fights we threw a whole pt of TPers at it and did just fine. From a personal perspective it should be how well you can manage and bounce hate and if your mage(s) know what the hell they are doing. If a WHM was present then there really shouldn't have been the clusterfuck deaths there was. Now don't get me wrong. I've WHMed on that NM and it can be difficult *oknotrly* BUT it sounds more like it was a bunch of unorganized people that were more like ohai lets whiff until we die.

That NM is not hard anymore. Actually, I don't recall that it ever was.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-19 18:55:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Dragonimi said:

Hmm.

EDIT: Terrain is no excuse, the mob is not locked in place.

Crap quality, but it clearly shows Charybdis being fought away from his spawn. Unfortunately they cut out the pull itself, but this alone proves Nightfyre's comment, he is not locked in place.

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 18:55:59  
Dragonimi said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
Actually, you kite where there is room and not a bunch of ppl in your way. The water was the safest place for that considering the onlookers blockign the path.We only had it in the water when our tank was down.
LMFAO now I do call complete ***, there was only 3 others looking on, a PLD, a RDM, and Me. That is it. You choose to run it around down there.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:58:01  
Never thought about moving it, and now I see what nightfyre was saying. Maybe next time we go after him we will try that.

But for that occasion we kited where it was readily safe and available.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 18:58:47  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
LMFAO now I do call complete ***, there was only 3 others looking on, a PLD, a RDM, and Me. That is it. You choose to run it around down there.

Even one second of player model delay ( you standing right in the middle of the path) would have killed our kiter. We both know it.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 19:00:31  
Dragonimi said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Dragonimi said:
Even one second of player model delay ( you standing right in the middle of the path) would have killed our kiter. We both know it.
True, if the main path was even being blocked. The PLD was on the left side the RDM on the right, I was down in the water closer to the RDM. Only people blocking the area was yourselves or dead bodies.