フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 23:05:03  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
If they're *** about letting you help out ("Oh no, you're just going to lot and run! Fark off, mother farker").

well considering i'd be killing them with a joyeuse...
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 23:07:29  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
That was entertaining... Another loss to tag onto my collection: Charybdis 10, Dramanue 0. I've felled it in large groups only to see the sword of Charlamagne go to someone else. If I get it with Nightfyre, I'll be willing to grant him a lot only because I know he needs it and he was willing to take time out to help us out. But then again, it was quite epic I must admit... I felt that it was my fault that it felled us as it did since I used my first Convert late in the battle and was unable to refresh my MP fast enough for a second Convert later in the fight, causing me to fail at healing Luar as quickly as I would have wanted. Great claim by Luar, btw. ^_^
lol you did fine, it's a pain to do it on PLD even with as much evasion gear I had. Was fun as hell though, I seriously thought it would wipe the floor with me in 2 minutes flat.
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
this thread is making me want to head to ssg and camp charby for the hell of it
Should do it, one of my goals is to solo it as PLD XD maybe with the new level cap I'll attempt it.
Oh yes I wouldnt advise evasion gear on PLD. It dodges like a brick. Honestly your best bets for Tanks are probably NIN and THF maybe MNK. I also heard Dancer could do pretty well.
DNC can effectily solo it, I've seen it done. I use PLD cause thats my only job, and it's very well geared to handle nearly anything.
Thats all from me, I'm going to sleep. may lulz happen elsewhere on Fenrir~
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 23:07:30  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
If they're *** about letting you help out ("Oh no, you're just going to lot and run! Fark off, mother farker").

well considering i'd be killing them with a joyeuse...
Touche'
Carry on.
If they're still ***, call for help on Charybdis.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 23:09:15  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
You do this Dram or anyone else I see I will be hurting you / them in some form. Doing something like that is childish and stupid.
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-19 23:16:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Solution: stop having so many people DD. And yes, it was an unskilled kill even if Luarania was exaggerating (which I doubt), I got the play-by-play while the kill was in progress. That many deaths to Charybdis of all things is *** terrible. Also, throwing bodies at something =/= compensating.

Posting a thread about charybdis in 2010 is *** terrible, you guys are all bad and should feel bad

I think the only reason why op posted is cause they wasted a bunch of time, lost claim, kept spamming flash on a claimed mob for 30 minutes while the other group killed it and still didnt get to do anything

*** you OP!
[+]
 Titan.Skillzy
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Skillzy 2010-05-19 23:17:12  
lol we killed charby np with brd, thf, red 75 and me level 55rdm at the time
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 23:18:25  
Titan.Skillzy said:

i'd hope so

nin or thf and brd is plenty
 Titan.Skillzy
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Skillzy 2010-05-19 23:21:15  

i'd hope so

nin or thf and brd is plenty[/quote]

was just pointin out how stupid you have to be to die to charby with a full party
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 23:22:28  
admittedly, it's nice to have more for claim purposes

but yeah it's hard to imagine dying with a full party
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 23:26:41  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
You do this Dram or anyone else I see I will be hurting you / them in some form. Doing something like that is childish and stupid.
Hey, you're supposed to be in bed.

Either way, if people are being mean and ignoring an open hand for assistance, they should only be granted what they so justly deserve. I for one wouldn't do it, but it's happened to me enough times for vengeance to be served in some way or another. Wiping twice to Haku-taco on purpose and on one occasion having someone call for help on it is enough for me to hold some sort of emotional grudge.
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Posting a thread about charybdis in 2010 is *** terrible, you guys are all bad and should feel bad

I think the only reason why op posted is cause they wasted a bunch of time, lost claim, kept spamming flash on a claimed mob for 30 minutes while the other group killed it and still didnt get to do anything
I think you should reread the OP's post. Using an Awesome Face as an avatar in 2010 is terrible; you're bad and you should feel bad.

Titan.Skillzy said:
Firstly, nice avatar.
Secondly, if a group like that is unable to defeat Charybdis, you should reassess your positions in your jobs. I think this thread is about defeating Charybdis with as few people as possible, namely soloing with jobs that normally don't solo the sea princess (Pld, Whm, Drg, etc).

Edit: Oh, I see where you were going with this now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-20 01:17:12  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
That was entertaining... Another loss to tag onto my collection: Charybdis 10, Dramanue 0. I've felled it in large groups only to see the sword of Charlamagne go to someone else. If I get it with Nightfyre, I'll be willing to grant him a lot only because I know he needs it and he was willing to take time out to help us out.

But then again, it was quite epic I must admit... I felt that it was my fault that it felled us as it did since I used my first Convert late in the battle and was unable to refresh my MP fast enough for a second Convert later in the fight, causing me to fail at healing Luar as quickly as I would have wanted. Great claim by Luar, btw. ^_^
Nah, RDM won't be 75 for a while. All yours. Hell, this one woulda been yours if I'd gotten there about 20 seconds sooner >.<
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Yeah, for PLD to solo it's boarderlining impossible for now. To actually pull it off at 75 I'd name that person the King of all PLDs
Orly?

Warning: shinies involved.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-05-20 01:31:58  
I'm not sure why, but after reading this thread I want to go kill charby even though I already have the sword...
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-20 02:03:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Yeah, for PLD to solo it's boarderlining impossible for now. To actually pull it off at 75 I'd name that person the King of all PLDs
Orly?

Warning: shinies involved.

Oh snap.
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-20 03:52:38  
Dramanue.. just stop. this is the second thread of you whining about a NM you can't kill. i understand you didn't start this thread but you joined in it. its not the sea princess, its *** Charby. a NM w/ a 100% drop that if you were any sort of RDM you could solo. yall can insert <UMAD> pic here lmao. seriously.. camp it, claim it, kill it and kindly stfu. gl.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-20 04:24:09  
Quote:
Fenrir.Luarania said:

disagree.

PLD/NIN can do a VERY VERY good job on it. im not the greatest of PLD's and ill admit that straight up. but ive used a friends account who actually has a haste set up, eva set up and "im here to get bitchslapped" set up oh and fully meritted.

koenig hands and head worked nice for the massive VIT, subtle blow with /NIN. sentinel and shield bash timed well can restrict the amount of damage you take. using drinks to keep MP up and i didnt have a problem.

you dont have to be a KING PLD to know how to do the job right, which gear to use and how to time things.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-20 04:35:34  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Quote:
Fenrir.Luarania said:

disagree.

PLD/NIN can do a VERY VERY good job on it. im not the greatest of PLD's and ill admit that straight up. but ive used a friends account who actually has a haste set up, eva set up and "im here to get bitchslapped" set up oh and fully meritted.

koenig hands and head worked nice for the massive VIT, subtle blow with /NIN. sentinel and shield bash timed well can restrict the amount of damage you take. using drinks to keep MP up and i didnt have a problem.

you dont have to be a KING PLD to know how to do the job right, which gear to use and how to time things.

ss?
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-20 05:24:13  
Ill try screenshot from the video when i get access to his PC again.

didnt really get chance to take many at the time due to trying to concentrate. but seriously is it that hard to believe?

yes theres a lot of blinking involved i think you see the person on screen for about a minute throughout the fight lol.

lemme try find even the video and "toob" it
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-20 06:33:52  
considering your gear/missions, yes

soloing charby on pld would be a fairly big deal

if i ever managed it, i'd sure as hell take sses of the victory

the problem being, you didn't name your friend, which means you could grab any ss/vid off the interwebs and call it your friends account
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-20 07:29:31  
i didnt necessarily mean is it hard to believe "I" did it.. but i mean pld/nin full stop.

i didnt name my friend because he doesnt own the account anymore so not sure if the name would want to be spread, being at work i cant contact him at the moment. you'll know its my because i talk on the linkshell mentioning my name! lol all ill say a moment is that it was done on Ifrit server

(please also note this is my 2nd character so just because THIS character doesnt have all the missions doesnt mean an old closed account didnt have it )
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-20 07:40:08  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Posting a thread about charybdis in 2010 is *** terrible, you guys are all bad and should feel bad I think the only reason why op posted is cause they wasted a bunch of time, lost claim, kept spamming flash on a claimed mob for 30 minutes while the other group killed it and still didnt get to do anything *** you OP!
If you look at my equip history I have it, moron. Does anyone bother to look up information anymore?
Asura.Rinkydink said:
disagree. PLD/NIN can do a VERY VERY good job on it. im not the greatest of PLD's and ill admit that straight up. but ive used a friends account who actually has a haste set up, eva set up and "im here to get bitchslapped" set up oh and fully meritted. koenig hands and head worked nice for the massive VIT, subtle blow with /NIN. sentinel and shield bash timed well can restrict the amount of damage you take. using drinks to keep MP up and i didnt have a problem. you dont have to be a KING PLD to know how to do the job right, which gear to use and how to time things.
I'd love to see a SS/vid too, I know it can be done to an extent, I found that out myself last night, and I still believe it can be done but you probably need a few special equip sets like you described. The big issue I see is MP management, using just Chiv would probably get you killed, perhaps a lot of yags though might do the trick?

Major edit* Holy *** Night I just saw that and ***my pants. Clayton, I dub you a god among Paladins.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-20 09:35:26  
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Dramanue... just stop. This is the second thread of you whining about a NM you can't kill. I understand you didn't start this thread but you joined in it. It's not the sea princess, it's *** Charyb, an NM with a 100% drop that if you were any sort of RDM you could solo. Y'all can insert <UMAD> pic here lmao. Seriously... camp it, claim it, kill it and kindly stfu. gl.
Hey, that's not very nice. And if you had any sense of mythical history, you'd know that Charybdis is a princess. Oh, and kindly learn to use apostrophes. I've taken the liberty of proofreading your letter. Charybdis is spelled with the "b" after the "y", so Charby is rather incorrect. Quick note, ellipsis have three periods, not just two... I only get truly hurt from people who know how to put me down with correct grammar; anything other than that is just laughable.

And I doubt that "oh snap" is any sort of a whine. I was merely commenting on Night's post about Luar's notation on the possibility of a PLD soloing the sea princess. They're my friends so bugger off, ye wankah.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-20 09:43:28  
I'm gonna be helping a fairly new player get her Joytoy soon. I can only hope that our camping stories are this good. It is tough to criticize, from what I am reading, "newbies" against Chary. He can be rough at times. You need to slow down and have plenty of water resist. I would advise against meleeing other than the tank if you are unsure. Barwater and stun will help out big. Understand that more than likely more experienced players will be there and if they claim, or you wipe and they get him, they will not fail. I cannot tell you how easy he is with NIN(dnc, mnk, thf), RDM, and BRD. My advice is to slow down, claiming is good, however if you are not buffed and ready he will tear you apart quickly and your claim will be in vain, then someone will go on FFXIAH and make a thread about you lol. Happy camping! Good luck!
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-20 09:52:13  
Odin.Trelan said:
I'm gonna be helping a fairly new player get her Joytoy soon. I can only hope that our camping stories are this good. It is tough to criticize, from what I am reading, "newbies" against Chary. He can be rough at times. You need to slow down and have plenty of water resist. I would advise against meleeing other than the tank if you are unsure. Barwater and stun will help out big. Understand that more than likely more experienced players will be there and if they claim, or you wipe and they get him, they will not fail. I cannot tell you how easy he is with NIN(dnc, mnk, thf), RDM, and BRD. My advice is to slow down, claiming is good, however if you are not buffed and ready he will tear you apart quickly and your claim will be in vain, then someone will go on FFXIAH and make a thread about you lol. Happy camping! Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. ^_^; I like to see this, people actually helping people. It's what the world needs more of.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-20 09:52:24  
Odin.Trelan said:
Funny thing just happened, Charybdis just wiped two well geared RDMs, and Dram just told me they are going to try it again. Oh and a PLD wiped but I dunno anything about their situation.

And I only made this to share some laughs, Fenrir doesn't have much drama anymore =(
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-20 09:54:11  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Funny thing just happened, Charybdis just wiped two well geared RDMs, and Dram just told me they are going to try it again. Oh and a PLD wiped but I dunno anything about their situation.

And I only made this to share some laughs, Fenrir doesn't have much drama anymore =(

The Pld warped back home after being dead for like a minute. The rdm's are still at it.

Update:
A brd, nin, and thf came to join the fray. All seem to be in the same group. Two different LS's though.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-20 10:27:00  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Funny thing just happened, Charybdis just wiped two well geared RDMs, and Dram just told me they are going to try it again. Oh and a PLD wiped but I dunno anything about their situation. And I only made this to share some laughs, Fenrir doesn't have much drama anymore =(

I can almost assure you that they were not RDM/BLU(if straight tanking) or RDM/NIN(bind nuking) like they should have been. However, things go wrong and full proof plans can still go wrong. You guys will get it! I spent 9 days straight down there 4 years ago to get mine. I can only assume that now it is not as heavily camped, though in consideration DNC and COR can use it I could be wrong. Other tips for you; if you are using PLD or RDM tank use Tav tacos, Cheviot cape(and other damage reducers not jelly ring), water resist equipment, Bibiki shell(Aquan Killer), and some emergency meds. Remember you only have to get the sword once!
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-20 10:28:02  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Update: A brd, nin, and thf came to join the fray. All seem to be in the same group. Two different LS's though.

Consider it killed
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-20 10:51:13  
Odin.Trelan said:
I can only assume that now it is not as heavily camped, though in consideration DNC and COR can use it I could be wrong.

In my 4-5 years of camping, I remember there were times in which Charybdis' room was quite void of campers/people. In recent months, though, I've seen a spike in activity ranging from ToD campers to squads of rdm's just standing around when the window opened up. From my understanding, this comes from a rise in the amount of dancers and corsairs around.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-20 11:03:33  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Odin.Trelan said:
I can only assume that now it is not as heavily camped, though in consideration DNC and COR can use it I could be wrong.
In my 4-5 years of camping, I remember there were times in which Charybdis' room was quite void of campers/people. In recent months, though, I've seen a spike in activity ranging from ToD campers to squads of rdm's just standing around when the window opened up. From my understanding, this comes from a rise in the amount of dancers and corsairs around.
PLDs cause of Atonement spam, CORs and DNCs for TP gain, RDMs mostly for melee and I'd assume tanking? Thats about all I can think of.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-20 11:10:41  
RDM doesn't really have any reason to melee when tanking. Earth/Terra's Staff gogo!