Books You Think Would Make Great Movies...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Books you think would make great movies...
Books you think would make great movies...
First Page 2 3
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-08-15 14:47:21  
I was just reading the thread on "the last airbender" and noticing how alot of ppl were generally disappointed with how they adapted it for the big screen. That got me thinking...what do you think would be a good movie/series if it was given the "thumbs up"? My own choice would be a trilogy/or series based on The Dragonlance Series of books by Weiss/Hickman. Preferably beginning with "The Meetings" sextet where they introduce all the characters then followed up with "The Chronicles" trilogy which entails "Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night and Spring Dawning"
With todays advancements in CGI I think this would be an awesome epic series.

Whats your's?....
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 14:51:08  
Sadly I think the books that would make great movies would mostly not be my favorite books.

Not only would alot of them be hard to adapt in a way that would do them justice even if they producer tried (and they probably wouldn't nowadays), but most of the ones I like are longer or have little filler. So you know parts you like are going to be completely skipped.

Hell I'm still mad Old Tom Bombadil isn't in The Lord of the rings /cry
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-15 14:53:03  
The Dark Tower
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Suni
user: sunikomo
By Ramuh.Suni 2010-08-15 15:01:48  
I'd personally like to see The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts turned into a series of movies, but not hollywood style. Maybe by a indie film company or something so it doesn't get all overrated and shizz.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-15 15:07:34  
I think the Zion Covenant series by Bodie Thoene would make a good set of movies, although it would be very long. There's 6 books in the series:

1.) Vienna Prelude
2.) Prague Counterpoint
3.) Munich Signature
4.) Jerusalem Interlude
5.) Danzig Passage
6.) Warsaw Requiem

They are about a group of musicians in Germany before and during WWII. I find the series fascinating. But for people who aren't interested in WWII or music, it might be a bit dull.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-15 15:08:11  
Fight Club
By Githalantas 2010-08-15 15:08:12  
Homeland By R.A Salvatore
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-15 15:16:17  
It seems like most movies that come out are adaptations of previous works, be it a book, movie, tv series, or other. They're usually a let-down if you were a fan of the original. :\

Can anyone recommend good movies that stayed true to the books they were based on?
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-15 15:19:39  
The green mile seemed to stay pretty close to the books. however I have to agree, most books I am a huge fan of, the movies are 99% of the time a let down. (and while the movies would be sooooooooooooo very long the dark tower series would be kickass movies) ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 15:22:46  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
The green mile seemed to stay pretty close to the books. however I have to agree, most books I am a huge fan of, the movies are 99% of the time a let down. (and while the movies would be sooooooooooooo very long the dark tower series would be kickass movies) ^^
Oh god did you watch The Stand? I watched it on 1 double sided DVD in one sitting. Never doing that again. Miniseries yes please.

Actually one of the series I liked had movie offers but the author refused cause the books were long and he knew it really needed a series to do it justice at all
 Caitsith.Disifer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: DiSifer02
By Caitsith.Disifer 2010-08-15 15:23:24  
The Arctic Event.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-08-15 15:33:31  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Oh god did you watch The Stand? I watched it on 1 double sided DVD in one sitting. Never doing that again. Miniseries yes please.

Actually one of the series I liked had movie offers but the author refused cause the books were long and he knew it really needed a series to do it justice at all

Was it "The Belgariad" by any chance?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 15:36:48  
No... I still find it funny they combine the 5 books into one for that though
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-15 16:02:41  
It could make a very nice series .. They did Stephen King's Dead zone into a movie and then into a 6 (or was it 7) season series? Granted not a huge base following but it did okay ..

(And its already been out there for a long time BUT I did LOVE band of brothers series) SO glad that was not a movie /sleepga2 can I has it ? D:
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-15 16:07:42  
If I were to write a book and have it made into any type of film/live action; I would want it as a TV series not just a movie. The reason for the series is because you can add a lot more information into a series then you can into a movie. A lot of movies cut out big important parts of a book that people just 'over look' in general but they are actually very important sections of a book.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 16:11:53  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
If I were to write a book and have it made into any type of film/live action; I would want it as a TV series not just a movie. The reason for the series is because you can add a lot more information into a series then you can into a movie. A lot of movies cut out big important parts of a book that people just 'over look' in general but they are actually very important sections of a book.
This. I'd also insist on having a big part in making it. Ie being able to tell the producer FU you are not doing that ***to my story
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-15 16:22:00  
If I were to write a book, I don't know that I would want it made into any type of film... Writers enjoy being able to captivate an audience on a level movies/ TV shows never can. A book * a good one* can have a reader lost in imagination .. Idk just seems like a lot is lost from novel to TV / film. but then again, I don't watch to much television either :3 I prefer to read.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-08-15 16:25:56  
I'd would like to see, like most people I guess, the WOT series on tv. I know it was suppose to be in the making, but I don't want it to be ruined. People say that Legend of the seeker was ruined, though I enjoyed both. As long as they stick to the story, and not an adaptation it would be an amazing series to watch.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-08-15 16:26:55  
i would say the dragon prince and dragon star series of books by Melanie Rawn would make some really bad *** movies. too bad she is very against anyone using her works for movie/games
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-15 16:28:02  
Alyss from patrick senecal, but only quebec ppl will know about what book im talking about ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 16:31:46  
Abhorsen series by Garth Nix
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-15 16:35:27  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
This. I'd also insist on having a big part in making it. Ie being able to tell the producer FU you are not doing that ***to my story

This as well. I would want to be a HUGE part into it. I'm sorry but I don't like the idea of a producer creating a spin off of my story and just keeping the 'base' of the idea. I'd want the complete idea or nothing at all. I can understand collaborating to make the story better and if I liked it then sure, but other then that I'd want to have at least 99% of the story I written in the book.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-15 16:40:50  
Twilight.

Ohwait.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see pretty much any movie in The Forgotten Realms. Drizzt is too cool to not be on the big screen.
 Lakshmi.Pud
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2010-08-15 16:41:23  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Abhorsen series by Garth Nix

Seconding this.

Also the Wind on Fire Trilogy (Windsinger) by William Nicholson, and the Doomspell Trilogy by Cliff McNish.
 Cerberus.Volkomir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Volkomir
By Cerberus.Volkomir 2010-08-15 16:42:40  
I would say any of the Forgotten Realm books by R A Salvatore that are about Drizzt Do'Urden. And maybe the ones about Cadderly too.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-15 16:45:47  
Oh, and the Halo books, I guess you can count those, but those in itself are adapted from the games.

It doesn't matter what you think about the multiplayer, everyone can agree that the campaign was awesome and the music was even better. That would make a great movie. Too bad Peter Jackson cancelled it, I think.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-15 16:54:14  
The problem with making books into movies, is that books that have good potential like having a sad ending etc would be changed for the typical "happy ending."

Like Dear John, I read the book and watched the movie. I personally thought the book ended was WAY super creepy but in the movie they did a dramatic "we meet again" scene which was complete fail. They also had an alternate ending that actually followed the book and it was actually very good. It followed the book and made it seem slightly less creepy then what I imagined when reading the book but since it wasn't a 'happy ending' they picked the fail ending which made the two characters seem really pathetic imo.
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-08-15 16:59:26  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hell I'm still mad Old Tom Bombadil isn't in The Lord of the rings /cry

You, sir, win an internet.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-15 16:59:50  
I read some Star Wars books I wouldn't mind seeing in movie form! Shadows of the Empire for example!

/nerdface

But realistically, I'm too much of a book *** to want to see any novels I like be turned into movies.
First Page 2 3