Salvage Is Now Officially Dead?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage is now officially dead?
Salvage is now officially dead?
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-09 02:04:18  
mnk should only be wearing full usu and with the footwork build it doest apply anymore
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-09-09 02:14:54  
oh btw, all world maintenance~ they forgot to add the salvage upgrades
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-09 02:19:32  
Salvage Gear : Wearable @ 75 by multiple jobs and have really good stats . requires 3 items per piece and a large chuck of gil .

vs .

Emp Armour : minimum Lv to wear 81 , Job specific , requires Trial of Magian Time sink which also means the job has to be able to wear said piece of armour in order to unlock it. Not to mention you have to get the base item first .

when everyone is done QQing , i am sure you'll find Salvage gear hasnt been owned by this new armour considerng just these facts alone , but plz , dont let this stop your QQing .
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 02:47:01  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

I was leaning more to them being useful for INT enfeebles, like sleeps. And yeah, Morrigan's is obsolete aside from body after this update in terms of nuking. 7MAB on legs destroys Morrigan's pants for nukes, feet always sucked for nukes, head useless without full set etc.

Blabla. All of morrigan was crap at 80, did you read the stats on the last update's gear ? The only gear that were still good at 80 and probably at 85 (we don't have the new gear stats beside AF3) are usukane feet/body. They are needed to max your SAM at least.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 02:50:14  
Seraph.Rafik said:
mnk should only be wearing full usu and with the footwork build it doest apply anymore

And usukane body is (at 80) the best body for footwork. And we don't know if poise shoes have had an upgrade to make it on par with the verethragna level 85...
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 02:53:47  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'd really like to finish Morrigan's Robe but given today's update I'm hesitant to invest the gil required.

arcane robe

[Body] All Races
DEF:51 MP+30 INT+10 MND+10 Adds "Refresh" effect
LV 80 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH

yhel jacket +1
[Body] All Races
DEF:39 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 Magic critical hit rate +5% Enmity+4 Adds "Refresh" effect
LV 80 BLM SCH

It's been 3 months.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 03:04:14  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'd really like to finish Morrigan's Robe but given today's update I'm hesitant to invest the gil required.
arcane robe [Body] All Races DEF:51 MP+30 INT+10 MND+10 Adds "Refresh" effect LV 80 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH yhel jacket +1 [Body] All Races DEF:39 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 Magic critical hit rate +5% Enmity+4 Adds "Refresh" effect LV 80 BLM SCH It's been 3 months.

Neither of those necessarily beat morrigan body infact you didnt need to mention the top one at all errant and refresh bodies have been out years and years. As for yhel/+1 the claw must be quite a low drop rate on the dragons because Ive duoed about 6-7 of them. And its 8int vs 4 or 5 mab and the 8 int could well beat 4-5 mab for tier 1-5 depending on your other gears. If you think about ixion cape beating hecate for tier 1-5. I assume morri body vs yhel+1 is the same case morri body for tier 1-5 and yhel+1 for am2 and aga3.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 03:18:13  
Actually 5MAB would pull ahead for T4+ over 8INT.
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I was leaning more to them being useful for INT enfeebles, like sleeps. And yeah, Morrigan's is obsolete aside from body after this update in terms of nuking. 7MAB on legs destroys Morrigan's pants for nukes, feet always sucked for nukes, head useless without full set etc.
Blabla. All of morrigan was crap at 80, did you read the stats on the last update's gear ? The only gear that were still good at 80 and probably at 85 (we don't have the new gear stats beside AF3) are usukane feet/body. They are needed to max your SAM at least.

You know I said Morrigan's is obsolete right? Also Usu body is now pretty weak since it's ridiculously easy to cap accuracy on almost everything currently.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 03:21:10  
Yeah cause so many people have arcane or yhel... on top of the fact you need to HQ yhel for it to beat morri... gl with that I've yet to even see an NQ
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 03:26:43  
Never seen or heard of one either, and the difference is really so small (excluding mcrit)
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 03:28:26  
Need 2 drops from the mega boss worm in abysea for yhel... need to kill last tier mob from new MMM. Which looks crazy hard lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-09 03:34:10  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

arcane robe

[Body] All Races
DEF:51 MP+30 INT+10 MND+10 Adds "Refresh" effect
LV 80 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH

yhel jacket +1
[Body] All Races
DEF:39 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 Magic critical hit rate +5% Enmity+4 Adds "Refresh" effect
LV 80 BLM SCH

It's been 3 months.
Yes, 3 months since I retired my BLM. You haven't changed a bit pchan.
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
You know I said Morrigan's is obsolete right? Also Usu body is now pretty weak since it's ridiculously easy to cap accuracy on almost everything currently.
What should MNK be using for a TP body right now? I figured even with capped accuracy the combination of STR and STP was a decent choice, but it'll be a while before I get around to MNK (if at all given these damn trials...) so I haven't looked much.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 03:35:56  
Yeah, will be easier as cap goes up, but I'd expect BLM AF3 to be more awesome. Still a macc drop from Morri too, and RDM can't use Yhel, so saying Morri robe is obsolete is crazy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 04:16:54  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
right? Also Usu body is now pretty weak since it's ridiculously easy to cap accuracy on almost everything currently.

Usu body is used for x-build on footwork and SAM, not for accuracy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 04:17:36  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
on top of the fact you need to HQ yhel for it to beat morri...
No
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 04:18:26  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

What should MNK be using for a TP body right now?

Juogi outside fw. That was the best non fw body at 80, now at 85 we don't have the new gear dats so .. I assume something better drops or it's a nice waste of 10€
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 04:20:04  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
right? Also Usu body is now pretty weak since it's ridiculously easy to cap accuracy on almost everything currently.

Yeah, I know it has uses for MNK, as for SAM, assuming capped accuracy Askar would easily beat it from DA gain alone no? Hell, Domaru would match it too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 04:21:59  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Yeah, I know it has uses for MNK, as for SAM, assuming capped accuracy Askar would easily beat it from DA gain alone no? Hell, Domaru would match it too.
Askar is matching if capped acc, but considering the sacrifices to 5-hit a GK, it's the best still. Also usu feet will be hard to avoid without decent sacrifice. Unless SE releases new stp gear for SAM in the future, you are stuck with usukane. Not that it's hard to get.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 04:24:54  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Askar is matching if capped acc, but considering the sacrifices to 5-hit a GK, it's the best still. Also usu feet will be hard to avoid without decent sacrifice. Unless SE releases new stp gear for SAM in the future, you are stuck with usukane. Not that it's hard to get.

new AF3+2 sam helm says hi... 6% haste with 7 dex and 7 or 8 STP, there go your usu shoes...can use Sarutobi's or fuma sune-ate again easily as acc is not hard to find in other slots
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 04:28:12  
Well it's possible to 5hit the STP GK without sacrificng any Haste gear, it was also increased to +10STP today, and I think the AF3 head piece had 7? STP on it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 04:29:45  
either way 7 STP from usu is now obtained in a 6% haste helm..so usu feet are no longer needed.. so i'm pretty sure the non-STP Keito can be 5 hit buildable, which makes it much better as it has all WS dmg+10%
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-09 04:32:40  
Has anyone upgraded any of the AF3 gear?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 04:34:14  
dont think so yet Kimble, but atleast the stats are plainly viewable in-game ^^
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-09 04:35:41  
Yeah, I know, but people freak out about new stuff without taking into consideration what it might take to get it.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 05:27:31  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
either way 7 STP from usu is now obtained in a 6% haste helm..so usu feet are no longer needed.. so i'm pretty sure the non-STP Keito can be 5 hit buildable, which makes it much better as it has all WS dmg+10%
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

new AF3+2 sam helm says hi... 6% haste with 7 dex and 7 or 8 STP, there go your usu shoes...can use Sarutobi's or fuma sune-ate again easily as acc is not hard to find in other slots

1 Million gil question : is AF3+2 easier to get that usukane feet or body. 20 salvage runs against level 75-83 mobs vs killing ??? abyssea level 90+ bosses. Also one of feet/body is still required to max a 5-hit build. I'd rather farm usu and wait for what happens at 99 anyway.

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 05:31:47  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
1 Million gil question : is AF3+2 easier to get that usukane feet or body. 20 salvage runs against level 75-83 mobs vs killing ??? abyssea level 90+ bosses. Also one of feet/body is still required to max a 5-hit build. I'd rather farm usu and wait for what happens at 99 anyway.

some people go like 0/30 on certain usu pieces... i know Dasva was like 0/30 on morrigan body... so ya i'd rather just quickly farm up Abyssea because these trials don't seem insanely difficult, honestly.

and how are feet required if i have 8 STP on head from AF3+2? and if my acc is capped (which lets face it..thats not hard anymore) I can just TP in askar or some ***for the STP and DA+ while TPing....
 Ifrit.Maverick
user: Maverick
By Ifrit.Maverick 2010-09-09 05:40:07  
Salvage is required for Alexandrite

People will still want their mythic weapons
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-09 05:51:11  
Ifrit.Maverick said:
People will still want their mythic weapons

Not enough to make it worth doing for most people.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 05:51:31  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

some people go like 0/30 on certain usu pieces... i know Dasva was like 0/30 on morrigan body... so ya i'd rather just quickly farm up Abyssea because these trials don't seem insanely difficult, honestly.

and how are feet required if i have 8 STP on head from AF3+2? and if my acc is capped (which lets face it..thats not hard anymore) I can just TP in askar or some ***for the STP and DA+ while TPing....

Going by this logic, none of salvage gear was required at level 75. So nothing happened. Why this thread ? The best merit set was sushi and askar body, dusk+1 feet. No salvage.