Salvage Is Now Officially Dead?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage is now officially dead?
Salvage is now officially dead?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 11:13:21  
I actually agree with Kimble. I'm thinking about just leveling all my jobs up and not worrying about the gear.

By the time we hit 99, all of this ***will be irrelevant. So I might just do the level grind thing and not get more gear that will be obsolete at 99.

Think of 99 as the old 75. Would you have spent a year of your life trying to get AF1 gear if you knew at 75 it would be replaced?
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-09-09 11:13:28  
Alexander.Nepharite said:

so your saying you wouldn't be QQing if all the af3 had super shitty stats?

IMO, it's less that AF3 should be crappy, and more that SE should have put in upgrades for older gear as well.

Not having them is actually detrimental to the game as a whole, since it just makes nearly everything not added in the past couple updates pointless. A new player coming into the game has zero incentive to participate in much besides Abyssea. Great. An 8-year-old game with two or three actual endgame events that matter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 11:13:29  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
In the time it takes for you guys to finish QQing I'll have all my jobs 85, my trials done, and be well on my way to the AF3. Either play the game or quit. Right now you're just wastin more time complaining about time that you think you've already wasted.(there's no logic there)

Im at work so i can't play yet...all the time in the world to complain...but i'm not.

iBLM....and all that dark magic skill gear + aspir 2 + convert + refresh means im gonna be nuking my *** off for awhile.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 11:15:47  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
In the time it takes for you guys to finish QQing I'll have all my jobs 85, my trials done, and be well on my way to the AF3. Either play the game or quit. Right now you're just wastin more time complaining about time that you think you've already wasted.(there's no logic there)
Im at work so i can't play yet...all the time in the world to complain...but i'm not. iBLM....and all that dark magic skill gear + aspir 2 + convert + refresh means im gonna be nuking my *** off for awhile.

I'm very happy with this update tbh. I just wish I had more time irl to do it all, but that's why it's a hobby.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 11:17:47  
here here!!!
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Im at work so i can't play yet...all the time in the world to complain...but i'm not. iBLM....and all that dark magic skill gear + aspir 2 + convert + refresh means im gonna be nuking my *** off for awhile.

I'm very happy with this update tbh. I just wish I had more time irl to do it all, but that's why it's a hobby.

but that's why it's a hobby.

that's why it's a hobby.

it's a hobby.

hobby.

I see what you did there.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-09-09 11:20:23  
Asura.Isiolia said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:

so your saying you wouldn't be QQing if all the af3 had super shitty stats?

IMO, it's less that AF3 should be crappy, and more that SE should have put in upgrades for older gear as well.

Not having them is actually detrimental to the game as a whole, since it just makes nearly everything not added in the past couple updates pointless. A new player coming into the game has zero incentive to participate in much besides Abyssea. Great. An 8-year-old game with two or three actual endgame events that matter.

but most of those events get easier and easier as lvls go up, so why do you need tons of people on that stuff?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By MySaggyVagina 2010-09-09 11:28:55  
When SE said they were going to do Armor ToM, you know well and good that they had no intention of using ToM on older gear. Look at their track record, one trump after another, never any clear "best" set-ups, always one more thing to farm. Where would the slippery slope stop? Maybe my Byakko's Haidates need an upgrade since it took me 14 months to get them? Maybe a lot of people deserve upgrades because of their time investment...

Meanwhile, somewhere in reality...

SE is in the business of making money, the longer they make all this drag out, the more they get paid. It is not in their best interests to make anything easy, fair, or fun. It IS in their best interests to make things challenging to the point of absurdity( i.e. AV in 2006) and to leave you hanging(4 years later) about anything(GKT easy 5-hit) and everything(I'd sell a neighborhood kid into slavery for a Mars's Ring) in-order to insure that you keep paying 13 dollars a month.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 11:30:57  
I thought they might make salage gear upgradeable to lvl 80+ versions. I figured maybe they'd use TOM quests that required alexandrites or some other ***to upgrade.
[+]
By MySaggyVagina 2010-09-09 11:34:23  
Wishful thinking bro...
By MySaggyVagina 2010-09-09 11:36:06  
All that anyone can hope now is, that SE made the armor as user-friendly as they did all the weapon trials, all that anyone needs for weapons is time and a little determination. So here's hoping^^
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 11:55:08  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Morrigan hands arent that good anymore since that galka nm I believe a few updates ago drops the mnd and macc cuffs the brown ones forgot the name. Then there is teal cuffs also 5macc. Zmitts+1 obviously better than morri cuffs too or af+1 hands for blm if u want a skill build. I own cuffs but tbh they have been beaten long ago. Real question is does a mix build beat 5/5 morrigan or not anymore and not just when you can use af2 tonban. I havent done the maths.

Dont get why this was rated down just pointing out pure stat comparison :

Bricta's cuffs mnd 5 chr 5 macc 5
Morri cuffs macc 5 mab 5
Teal cuffs mnd 3 chr 3 macc 5
Zmitts+1 mab 6

And this ;
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
I did shout runs every single day for the past 6 months. Now I probably won't seen another run ever again unless I convince some very bored friends to come along. AND I'm now 14/15 on Usukane set... God damn 35 hands...
August 2006 to August 2010 and im still 14/15 usu ... Id say bout 600 qiqirn treasure hunters 1st drop in 2006 went to Terran who didnt appraise for years, I think he has quit now too not that he is to blame at all. Only other macha coat drop febuary this year I gave to Bahamuth. /feels your pain, but im fairly sure im unluckier lol.

Cant see why someone wld wanna rate this down either lol, just purely stating my luck.

And as for Pimpchan saying 5 mab would always trump 8 int thats wrong but I think Dasva has responded to that already.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-09-09 12:11:12  
Yeah salvage gear or any gear is still alive, Even if some of it is obsoleet, it's still pretty good, and if not obsoleet now, who cares if it is at 99? its not like the update is next week, you can be pimp until 99 and maybe even still at 99, think about the present not future (Unless you're spending big amounts of cash).
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 12:14:00  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Going by this logic, none of salvage gear was required at level 75. So nothing happened. Why this thread ? The best merit set was sushi and askar body, dusk+1 feet. No salvage.

wow you're an idiot... the point of salvage gear was to 5-hit build GK with the STP from feet/body...now that the AF3+2 helm from sam has STP+8 the usu feet are no longer needed...thats what i said....how the *** did you interpret what i said as that ***i just quoted? lol wtf....

You are the idiot. You are acting like salvage gear is less important today that it was at level 75. Today salvage body/feet will be an upgrade to you 5-hit. Saying it's an upgrade is completely different than saying it's needed. At 75 salvage was also an upgrade but not required for 6-hit hagun or for polearm especially when you want to max haste. Do you get it ?

level 75 : salvage gear is a minor improvement to your damage.
level 85 : it's still a minor improvement to your damage.

Now why are you QQing about salvage gears suddenly becoming sidegrades. It's always been like this for all jobs that can wear any piece, since 2006.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 12:21:38  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Going by this logic, none of salvage gear was required at level 75. So nothing happened. Why this thread ? The best merit set was sushi and askar body, dusk+1 feet. No salvage.

wow you're an idiot... the point of salvage gear was to 5-hit build GK with the STP from feet/body...now that the AF3+2 helm from sam has STP+8 the usu feet are no longer needed...thats what i said....how the *** did you interpret what i said as that ***i just quoted? lol wtf....

You are the idiot. You are acting like salvage gear is less important today that it was at level 75. Today salvage body/feet will be an upgrade to you 5-hit. Saying it's an upgrade is completely different than saying it's needed. At 75 salvage was also an upgrade but not required for 6-hit hagun or for polearm especially when you want to max haste. Do you get it ?

Now why are you QQing about salvage gears suddenly becoming sidegrades. It's always been like this for all jobs that can wear any piece, since 2006.

So from a parse perspective - 6hit to 5hit is only a minor increase?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 12:29:32  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

at 75 yes because you could not 5 hit hagun yo but other junk.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 12:31:28  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

at 75 yes because you could not 5 hit hagun yo but other junk.

hagun yo but other junk? - can you clarify that one
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 12:32:37  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

First off...I was never QQing about Salvage gear...I've never had them, now never will...Don't need them.
2)"Today salvage body/feet will be an upgrade to you 5-hit." if I can 5 hit without the salvage stuff and still cap acc without it...how is it an upgrade...ya...

3)"salvage gears suddenly becoming sidegrades. It's always been like this for all jobs that can wear any piece, since 2006." 2006-2010 Pup say hi... the only better gear for melee pup is now the AF3+2 ...you obviously don't know what you're talking about....
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-09 14:08:45  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

I can 5 hit without the salvage stuff and still cap acc without it...how is it an upgrade...ya...

I guess that is self-persuasion.
Quote:

3)"salvage gears suddenly becoming sidegrades. It's always been like this for all jobs that can wear any piece, since 2006." 2006-2010 Pup say hi... the only better gear for melee pup is now the AF3+2 ...you obviously don't know what you're talking about....

No. A mix of aurore and other new drops from level 80 update like juogi is better already, so shut up and go cry your mum elsewhere because you fail to get both salvage and AF3+2 (and abyssea gear)
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-09-09 19:12:21  
This is exactly why I didn't buy the Scars Expansion. Just letting my money speak for me, here. Just tired of grinding. I'm not done as there are other people that we're helping get their salvage gear but something like this just makes us wonder what the point of going forward is. Ya know, aside from having good times and enjoying each other's company.

To be honest the gear is better attribute wise than Morrigan's. Can't deny that. At least 8-12 more mind and int. Enhancing skill is pretty nice too. It seems that it's finally getting the push it needs as it always lagged behind enfeebling.

I'm sort of sad to see that they didn't include any melee type stats other than the Composure effect (Of which I'm sure is cumulative for every piece of gear that you have.)

As for magic accuracy I'm just not sure. It is comparable to Morrigan's in that area. However they are neck and neck at "Just three" pieces released in this new set. There is no enfeebling skill as of yet which makes the hands and body a mystery indeed. Morrigan's doesn't have that either.

The Morrigan set has a little more utility for meleeing at the sacrifice of some (Maybe a lot) survivability.

Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-10 02:08:09  
Wait for level 99 and see what happens. The only thing worthwhile to do seems to get 85 and farm the level 80 abyssea empyreal weapons.
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-09-28 14:58:47  
Are there any Good Salvage shells left anywhere?>
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 15:02:55  
Diabolos.Sephirothforbes said:
Are there any Good Salvage shells left anywhere?>
I still salvage. ***is hella easy now lol
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-28 15:08:17  
Well FFXI is Abyssea only or GTFO and WoE when your bored O.0

Edit:
Probably by the time FF14 drops I'll just be logging on 11 for Abyssea WoE and Campaigh battles...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 15:10:13  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
And trial of the magians when you are REALLY bored
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-28 15:12:14  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
And trial of the magians when you are REALLY bored

o yeah almost forgot about TOTM ^^
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-28 15:12:34  
I mean more power to those of you that enjoy salvage. For myself though, it's a simple comparison. Spend 4-5 mil per body piece and potentially a year of time (if your luck sucks) to get a body piece or just wait for AF3 bodies. I go with option number two.

Oh but "You should play the game for fun and not for gear". Well guess what? Salvage isn't fun anymore. It's just retardedly easy. It was fun at 75, but now it's a joke just like Nyzul.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 15:23:47  
There is also space issues. My morri body is my idle body for 3 jobs, my nuking body for all 3 of those jobs, and ws body for blu. It is pretty dang close to the best at all those functions or is the best. And if I wanted to go more specialized and try to get comparable for all that I could spend alot more time and more like 7 invent spaces lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Doomsday
user: Doomsday
By Ramuh.Doomsday 2010-09-28 15:52:26  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
There is also space issues. My morri body is my idle body for 3 jobs, my nuking body for all 3 of those jobs, and ws body for blu. It is pretty dang close to the best at all those functions or is the best. And if I wanted to go more specialized and try to get comparable for all that I could spend alot more time and more like 7 invent spaces lol

AMEN to this. I have 8 jobs fully geared and the idea of each of them having JSE for almost every slot now is just crazy. I enjoy trying to be strategic in picking jobs and gear that overlapped to maximize inventory and how versatile you can be as a player. BLM and RDM are two of my main/fav jobs so yeah im still working at morri body. awesome nuking/idle body for both. Sure there are currently better options for each, but until i get 80 more spots, Im sticking with a great piece for a fewjobs not separate bodies for different jobs.