Salvage Is Now Officially Dead?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage is now officially dead?
Salvage is now officially dead?
 Gilgamesh.Ianpyst
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: ianpyst
By Gilgamesh.Ianpyst 2010-09-09 06:07:52  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Going by this logic, none of salvage gear was required at level 75. So nothing happened. Why this thread ? The best merit set was sushi and askar body, dusk+1 feet. No salvage.

Lulz. Pimpchan, your always a good source of stupidity. Keep up the lulz.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-09 06:24:11  
I had just and maybe, making a guess thatthe reason you dont see the Body and Hands ( We are to get legs, boots and helms(hats)) is b.c those will be given to us in last update.

*Just to spread it out & keep it interesting.*

/laugh's AT SE marketing ideas...

XD

perhaps Salvage is dead, unless most of us find the stat of the rest of gear...when we find out is.. will be somewhat useful.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 06:30:52  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Going by this logic, none of salvage gear was required at level 75. So nothing happened. Why this thread ? The best merit set was sushi and askar body, dusk+1 feet. No salvage.

wow you're an idiot... the point of salvage gear was to 5-hit build GK with the STP from feet/body...now that the AF3+2 helm from sam has STP+8 the usu feet are no longer needed...thats what i said....how the *** did you interpret what i said as that ***i just quoted? lol wtf....
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ianpyst
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: ianpyst
By Gilgamesh.Ianpyst 2010-09-09 06:35:12  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

wow you're an idiot... the point of salvage gear was to 5-hit build GK with the STP from feet/body...now that the AF3+2 helm from sam has STP+8 the usu feet are no longer needed...thats what i said....how the *** did you interpret what i said as that ***i just quoted? lol wtf....

It's Pimpchan, what can you expect from his history on FFXIAH?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 06:44:22  
lol touche Ian... touche...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-09 06:51:10  
Screw salvage tbh, terrible event after you do it for the 500th time. So boring and *** worse drop rates ever, glad I got the main ***I was after before all this went down. Just need a few misc pieces that will most likely become obsolete anyway. (This will be rated down, but idc).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 07:08:11  
I feel pretty bad for all the people who spent that much time in salvage, but I'm sure glad I wasn't one of them. I don't think I'll even bother doing it now.
 Sylph.Zoeyy
サーバ: Sylph
user: Dartt
By Sylph.Zoeyy 2010-09-09 10:32:58  
Why feel bad that people did salvage before? When your gear becomes more important than playing the game to enjoy it- you're not playing a game. You're living in a game.

:X

^^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-09 10:50:07  
I spent alot of time in salvage. 8 Straight months, doing 5 Salvage runs per week. This update kinda pissed me off. SE said that the really good gear would not be replaced. When I start looking at the stats of the RDM AF3 or SMN AF3, it makes me sic to my stomach. Knowing I worked so hard and spent so much money on my full Marduk sets and my 3 peices of Morrigans. Then moving onto the rumors sooner or later that Homam and Salvage gear can be upgraded through Trials of the Magians.. even if that was possible; whenever that patch comes up (if it does) its still not gonna be anywhere near powerful as this AF3 we're seeing.

All the time it took to obtain my relic sets for RDM and SMN? gto. All the time to get those darn peice for AF+1 for SMN and RDM? gtfo all gone now.

Last Bonanza I won my homam pants, then a month later 80 cap struck. I mind as well have tossed them with the new leg pieces. They still dont get replaced in the essence of casting magic because of the fast cast. But I still totally wasted a once in a lifetime winning (rank 3) to a peice of gear that was trash next update.

It took me 6 years playing this game to get the best gear for my SMN and RDM. Now its all down the drain. If my gear wasn't butchered on the lv 80 cap update, it certainly was now. I dont know how hard this new AF3 is to obtain. SE said they were gonna try and make the game low man friendly because they understood the game is dieing and its old. But to find the motivation to even care anymore when this game has maybe a year at best left in it. As soon as the cap is 99 (which is supposed to happen this winter), 6 months later ppl are gonna be bored and quit. Why work for a game when it has that little time left. Time for me to move on.

When I have 900 ppl at max online on my server(Phoenix) now, its time for yet another server merge. 14 Beta was just released, they already have over 2k ppl on 18 servers online all the time. The game hasnt even been released.

In my eyes, the only types of ppl who will remain on 11 are the real elitists who have strong HNMLS and live to build relics, or those ppl who dont have a PC well enough to run 14, or a 360 user. Those ps3 users will stick around on 11 until 14 comes out in march for them.

In the end, inb4 youre butt hurt.

Yeah I am butthurt. Thanks SE 7 years later making the game a peice of ***and undoing all the work everyone has done.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 10:51:02  
Ares body- still the best idle body for pld

Morrigan's body- Still best idle body for rdm/blm along with Abody.

Skadi feet- Still best movement feet for their jobs.

Usukane Feet- Probably still best for 5 hit builds

I'm sure a lot of other pieces are good for specific situations, I wouldn't QQ just yet.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 10:53:57  
Wait, you are pissed off because all the entertainment and fun you had while playing a game for the past 7 years is lost. SE has somehow made a memory vacuum to suck the fond memories out of you?

You just took this to a whole new level. Go play outside...
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 10:54:32  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

I'm sure a lot of other pieces are good for specific situations, I wouldn't QQ just yet.

1) yes ares has 1/tick refresh yays lol
2) what? there are 2 refresh bodies out there in addition to dalmatica and morri (granted they are hard to get, still out there so idle argument is moot i think)
3) trotters are better for thf/rng (no evade-) hermes are better for cor.. i guess they are good for bst....
4) usu feet aren't necessary for 5 hit anymore with AF3+2 helm for sam
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 10:57:49  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

1) yes ares has 1/tick refresh yays lol
2) what? there are 2 refresh bodies out there in addition to dalmatica and morri (granted they are hard to get, still out there so idle argument is moot i think)
3) trotters are better for thf/rng (no evade-) hermes are better for cor.. i guess they are good for bst....
4) usu feet aren't necessary for 5 hit anymore with AF3+2 helm for sam

Here's where my ignorance in STP shines, what would it take to go from 5hit to 4hit? with both those pieces on
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 11:00:16  
First off you need to realize the reality of MMO's:

1. MMO's are a fake world
2. All Obstacles and goals are articially created(Fake)
3. All achievements are articifical(fake)

I could go boot up a private server and get all 16 relics, all 20 mythics, all empyerean weapons, all lvl 99 jobs and every single item in this game on a whim. The achievements are just not "real"

You need to play for fun or not play at all.

Think of this game like the follow equation:

(Pi*ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/15,000,000)= 0

No matter how much I play with the variables on the left hand side, it all equals zero. It's a game. Wake the *** up.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-09-09 11:01:57  
Phoenix.Crimsontears said:

Yeah I am butthurt. Thanks SE 7 years later making the game a peice of ***and undoing all the work everyone has done.

SE are simply liars, all it is. They tell us Magians will be for keeping old items relevant. Sure, maybe if you have a Relic or Mythic...otherwise no. It's for putting in months and months of grinding out weapons instead of having plentiful 75+ crafted weapons n' whatnot.

If they were planning to put in upgrades for Salvage gear, this should have been the time to implement it. Last update, okay, most things were still sidegrade-ish...not anymore.
Quote:

There's a 100HP/MP, Regen + Refresh body now for those jobs. So no, its not.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-09 11:02:33  
Hey guys, why even bothering getting af+3 gear anyways? I mean, we still have 14 levels, its going to all be outdated in 3 updates anyways. Just going to waste your time. >_>
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 11:04:31  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Hey guys, why even bothering getting af+3 gear anyways? I mean, we still have 14 levels, its going to all be outdated in 3 updates anyways. Just going to waste your time. >_>

^
But if you don't have better ***to do go for it. I mean just enjoy the time you have while you still can. If your only reason for playing is to be the best and obtain some kind of accomplishment you're gonna kill yourself in a few years when this game is gone.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-09 11:05:18  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Wait, you are pissed off because all the entertainment and fun you had while playing a game for the past 7 years is lost. SE has somehow made a memory vacuum to suck the fond memories out of you?

You just took this to a whole new level. Go play outside...

I'm sure you can find alot of ppl who feel the same way I do.
Most of my friends quit. The people in my social and event LS are dropping like flies. Whats the point anymore?

Those memories are still there, but not worth trying to continue. I've been heavily bored on here for a while now. Logging on out of habit.

Nothing lasts forever, and I understand when you get into a MMO as soon as u get the best gear, theres some new. To keep you addicted and entertainment. But Im assuming you missed my point, of a 7 year old game, its a waste of time now. When the cap stays at 75 for 6 years, and ppl work for the best of the best gear. Then its all out the window in a single patch, there is angry ppl. There wasn't so many angry people when the cap was raised to 80, because Salvage gear was still superior. Cap is now 85- and in a single update its mostly garbage now. Let others voice their opinions. Most likely would be in a different thread though, i went off topic a bit.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-09-09 11:05:58  
I spent alot of time in salvage. 8 Straight months, doing 5 Salvage runs per week. This update kinda pissed me off. SE said that the really good gear would not be replaced. When I start looking at the stats of the RDM AF3 or SMN AF3, it makes me sic to my stomach. Knowing I worked so hard and spent so much money on my full Marduk sets and my 3 peices of Morrigans. Then moving onto the rumors sooner or later that Homam and Salvage gear can be upgraded through Trials of the Magians.. even if that was possible; whenever that patch comes up (if it does) its still not gonna be anywhere near powerful as this AF3 we're seeing.

All the time it took to obtain my relic sets for RDM and SMN? gto. All the time to get those darn peice for AF+1 for SMN and RDM? gtfo all gone now.

Last Bonanza I won my homam pants, then a month later 80 cap struck. I mind as well have tossed them with the new leg pieces. They still dont get replaced in the essence of casting magic because of the fast cast. But I still totally wasted a once in a lifetime winning (rank 3) to a peice of gear that was trash next update.

It took me 6 years playing this game to get the best gear for my SMN and RDM. Now its all down the drain. If my gear wasn't butchered on the lv 80 cap update, it certainly was now. I dont know how hard this new AF3 is to obtain. SE said they were gonna try and make the game low man friendly because they understood the game is dieing and its old. But to find the motivation to even care anymore when this game has maybe a year at best left in it. As soon as the cap is 99 (which is supposed to happen this winter), 6 months later ppl are gonna be bored and quit. Why work for a game when it has that little time left. Time for me to move on.

When I have 900 ppl at max online on my server(Phoenix) now, its time for yet another server merge. 14 Beta was just released, they already have over 2k ppl on 18 servers online all the time. The game hasnt even been released.

In my eyes, the only types of ppl who will remain on 11 are the real elitists who have strong HNMLS and live to build relics, or those ppl who dont have a PC well enough to run 14, or a 360 user. Those ps3 users will stick around on 11 until 14 comes out in march for them.

so your saying you wouldn't be QQing if all the af3 had super shitty stats?
[+]
 Sylph.Zoeyy
user: Dartt
By Sylph.Zoeyy 2010-09-09 11:06:10  
My Bard AF+2 feet just got 'pwned' D:

Thanks for the ruining my future hard work, Kimble. /ragequit
[+]
By MySaggyVagina 2010-09-09 11:07:12  
Go cry me a river, why dont you pussies slerp some **** outta ol'Saggy and stfu^^ Back in the day, ppl spent 1~2 years getting sea(Now can be done in a few days) and then waiting endlessly for items that are now trash too... do you see any truly epic players whinning? No. Why? Because they have a pair. SPOILER ALERT: THE MUTHARFAWKING GAME YOUR ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IS ONE GIANT TIME SINK.

You are now one step closer to being a man.

You're Welcome.
[+]
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-09 11:07:19  
Sylph.Kimble said:

Yup. Still have 3 more updates to go. Level 99 probably being the most extreme update. More stuff to come, and more time to waste.
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-09 11:08:27  
MySaggyVagina said:
Go cry me a river, why dont you pussies slerp some **** outta ol'Saggy and stfu^^ Back in the day, ppl spent 1~2 years getting sea(Now can be done in a few days) and then waiting endlessly for items that are now trash too... do you see any truly epic players whinning? No. Why? Because they have a pair. SPOILER ALERT: THE MUTHARFAWKING GAME YOUR ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IS ONE GIANT TIME SINK.

You are now one step closer to being a man.

You're Welcome.

I've lived those days of FFXI, apparantly as well as you. Whats your point?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-09 11:08:50  
Did they change the schedule? We're supposed to have 99 by december. With how often they update, that's not going to be 3.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-09 11:10:31  
You just said work again...its not work...its play. You play for the best gear. To make fun strat's to beat hard bosses. To enjoy a game. Why play something that becomes work? You take this thing waaaayyy to seriously, so no one has compassion for you when you *** and moan.

I can understand you saying "damn now i have to make new builds" with all the new gear. But to go OH NOES MY GEAR SUCKS NOW....my answer is, no it doesn't, its still just as good as it was before.

I'm not saying you can't have your opinion, just that your opinion is flawed. This is a game, for fun. Not work, not real, not anything you claim it to be.
[+]
By MySaggyVagina 2010-09-09 11:11:01  
My point is, spend less time complaining.

Your testicle skill has risen .2.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-09 11:11:43  
In the time it takes for you guys to finish QQing I'll have all my jobs 85, my trials done, and be well on my way to the AF3. Either play the game or quit. Right now you're just wastin more time complaining about time that you think you've already wasted.(there's no logic there)
[+]
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-09 11:12:34  
Alexander.Nepharite said:

so your saying you wouldn't be QQing if all the af3 had super shitty stats?

Yeah I guess i am. Seeing as this thread was all about how Salvage just got trashed and if it was worth doing anymore. I voiced my opinion regarding the only pieces of powerful gear I felt proud to have.
By MySaggyVagina 2010-09-09 11:12:51  
Exactly Excellor, be lvl 99 and have all the good gear while everyone else sits around pissing and moaning. Good job^^