Beta Almost Over, Views?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Beta almost over, views?
Beta almost over, views?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Garuda.Trunksc
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-09-18 23:44:27  
So, with the open beta coming to a close, what did you think? Are you going to play it? Besides the obvious (UI etc.), what do you like/dislike about it?

Me, I liked it. I like that i can use cure with MRD and stuff like that. I'm sure that will make for very customized chars at later levels. I also love the GFX. Very impressing. The emotes are cool too. They said the final version will fix menu lag, and i hope the FPS will be better in town then the beta.

It'll be rough with no AH, and i'm hoping for some kind of search feature. I'm wondering what FFXIVAH.com will do with this. Even without an AH, the site will still have potential i think. People could probably post their prices, recipes, and such.

Please stay on topic, and try not to compare it with FFXI, which is also a great game. I am just wondering what everyone thought of the beta, and your hopes for the final release.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 23:46:48  
I need a better PC to comfortably play it, but I was impressed with Beta and want to play FFXIV when I can afford a better PC.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-18 23:49:45  
i think the game have a huge potential, my perspective on this game is something fresh/new, just wait like 3 months and everything will get normal and fixed, most beautiful mmo i ever played
[+]
 Garuda.Trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-09-18 23:50:39  
lol yeah, i had to completely upgrade for it, luckily i was able to afford it. I still barely meet the requirements

Athlon 64 X2 5200 @2700mhz
4gb ddr2
geforce 9800 1gb

It's playable with that. I play it at 1920x1080
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 23:51:53  
My processor sucks or it would be a lot better. I have the same vid card and ram you have~
 Garuda.Trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-09-18 23:55:32  
what CPU are you running?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 23:57:53  
I don't even remember and I'm not at my dorm, so I couldn't tell ya ._.
 Garuda.Trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-09-19 00:25:45  
I can't wait to see the summoner type class.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-19 01:04:07  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
i think the game have a huge potential, my perspective on this game is something fresh/new, just wait like 3 months and everything will get normal and fixed, most beautiful mmo i ever played

That's basically my opinion as well.

I joke around saying "80 songs by Uematsu is worth the standard edition anyway" even though it's not of orchestral quality. That didn't stop "You're not Alone" from being awesomesauce, so whatever.

As long as those crashes/instability issues are fixed, I'm all aboard the gravy train 2.0 for Square Enix.
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-19 01:23:31  
I like the game. I just hate how the menus are made to work with a controller. If i wanted to use a stupid controller i'd wait to play it on ps3.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-09-19 01:58:53  
Well, I personally hated the game. I was so excited for it, but every time I played it I found something new that I really hated. The combat systems, the economical systems, the menus, the fee payments, the fatigue system, the Armory system, the user interface...

I didn't even like the graphics, to be honest with you. Yeah, they have pretty shading and flawless animations. But the problem was the textures. Everything looks like a rug. The other problem I have with the graphics is that the characters look so lifeless. They always have a blank stare, even in combat. It's really sad to me.

Most of the issues I hope will be resolved within the first 6 or so months of playing, so after the "paid beta test" is over, I might pick it up a little bit later.

99.99999999% of the problem is just how little Square-Enix is listening to the feedback though. I mean, the grand majority of the people in the beta weren't even allowed to submit feedback. And many of the problems now are still the exact same problems they had at the start of the alpha test. It really hasn't seen much (if any) improvement over the last several months. But we'll see.

At least Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic look good. And FFXI's new director seems to be kicking royal amounts of *** lately.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-09-19 02:21:12  
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Most of the issues I hope will be resolved within the first 6 or so months of playing, so after the "paid beta test" is over, I might pick it up a little bit later.

Hoping for this, because so far, FFXIV is actually on a better start than FFXI did at least.

(example, FFXI's AHs weren't implemented until at least a few months after release)

If anyone is interested in how it went down for FFXI's release, check it out here.

Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-19 02:22:18  
I'm waiting for these 2 MMO's:

FF14 is merely going to be a pass-time until then!
I doubt it will be good enough for the first couple years to hold my attention over other new MMO's that will be coming out.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 02:44:22  
The only thing I don't like is the character creation. I mean it's tons better than FFXI's but it could be a lot better. I'm betting it will be at release though. The one thing I want more of is charcteristics like freckles or different places to have a tatoo. I don't want scars and facial hair!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-19 02:48:21  
I agree, Tristean. The character creation wasn't nearly as good as they said it would. I've already found three other characters that are identical to mine, right down to the characteristics, hair color, highlights and eye color.

I really hope they have more hairstyles in the retail.
[+]
 Phoenix.Avelle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-19 03:45:48  
We need boob sliders amirite? In all seriousness though, I was looking forward to the game for a long time. Finally got into closed beta and I was extremely disappointed. It's gotten better bit by bit but it still has a long way to go if it intends to compete with that other big MMO that people love to hate and hate to mention. That said, the game has a lot of redeeming qualities and like others I see the huge potential it has. That on top of the reduced subscription fee for FF11 subscribers for the first few months and that's enough to get me to give it a shot. I swear to god though if they don't do something about this terrible *** Market Wards system I will personally attend the next big SE conference and punch Tanaka in the face.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 04:45:43  
lol @ Avelle. Please make someone take a video of that.

We're getting more hairstyles. There was a video of it. But I think it's more of the old FFXI hairstyles that we didn't see. Like Lala's are getting the acorn hairstyle from the tarus. Oh and I wish there a slider on the amount of highlights you can have you in hair. Like... I want a lot of brown and like a lock of white hair. You can't do that because you if you select brown hair, white highlights, you look like a really young old man. For ffxiv to be that graphically pleasing to eye, I don't understand why we can't get better character creation especially after forcing all of us to get better computers.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 05:14:29  
will Samurai be available on release...anybody know for sure? I'm really not looking forward to FFIV..but maybe flion is right..I should atleast try it..it is afterall an FF game..and I'm a huge fan of the series..

course I gotta upgrade my comp, which may take forever to save money for lol
 Bismarck.Illllll
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Joons
By Bismarck.Illllll 2010-09-19 05:52:01  
FREAKIN LOVE 14!!! yea it has some flaws but yeo ppl... it was the damn BETA and the game is not even released yet... wait till the 22nd go get your CE and then log into 11 about a week later to give the ppl who are living in the past all your ***... I been playing 11 for 8 1/2 years and i always said i would never quit but 14 has changed me...
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-19 05:52:30  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Hoping for this, because so far, FFXIV is actually on a better start than FFXI did at least.

(example, FFXI's AHs weren't implemented until at least a few months after release)

If anyone is interested in how it went down for FFXI's release, check it out here.

I am sure there will be Ah IN 14. I've seen a buildin in Limsa Lominsa with the AH signboard on the top ( near the docks).
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-19 06:00:34  
I spent the last few hours exploring the high level zones like mor dhol (sp), and it looks great. I went in a zone in the mountain with very cool sight and landscape, got to a weird castle's entrance - probably some kind of event area - that look pretty exciting from the outside. All in all the graphics are very impressive.

I expect them to speed up menu lag/ selling item lag / crafting lag, but I guess this is inherent to the beta (permanently yellow connection, rarely greeen).

The 'exp' system is dumb imo as you will always have more 'exp' than 'skill' points, and getting an 'exp' level up has like no outcome on the fights while getting a "job level up" is huge as far as eva/acc/dmg go.

The guildleves system is dumb right now. You have to do a lot of running around (at least city > etherite, which cost either time or crystals) and in the end basic exp is going to be better. But I guess it's interesting if you look for money/ free armors.

The combat system need tweaks. WS do too little damage to we worth using over normal TP (one reason is they miss too much) also I think they give us too many job abilities, most you never use. Like on PGL I used only the cure ability, the punch and rarely the first WS.

The zones are too big imo, they need to give us chocobos quickly or at least make the teleport crystals more available.

I can see people dinging 50 in less than 2 weeks if they play hardcore. I didn't play a lot - like 20-30 hours - got to level 15 on PGL and tried other jobs. It seems like a duo of mage + melee can get the 500 skill point cap on pretty much anything around their levels. Sounds easier to exp than FFXI overall.

Bismarck.Illllll
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Joons
By Bismarck.Illllll 2010-09-19 06:01:49  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

I am sure there will be Ah IN 14. I've seen a buildin in Limsa Lominsa with the AH signboard on the top ( near the docks).

I hope there is NOT an AH in the future... i LOVE the way it is now... you can sell or seek items in your bazaar's and it makes some items more valuable... all you need to know is where to be. I made 3 million gil in 5 days by selling shards, leve items, and just buying and reselling from other ppl's bazaars. I mean i grind hardcore then go dump stuff off in the city but i need repairs and stuff anyway so i can get rid of everything i need to in 1 trip to town... no need for AH... AH will just destroy the economy... go afk at camps, crafting areas, etc,... people WILL buy your ***! or even SELL you the things you need while your afk... thanks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-19 06:04:42  
an AH or a research system will be necessarily once the number of equippement/items starts growing. idk how many items FFXI has but it'sl like maybe 5000-10000 ? You can't possibly find what you need without a research system.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 06:05:44  
Pimp, I think you found Ishgard. That's actually an important part of the Lore. Take some time to talk to NPCs in that region. It's really interesting.

The lore for FFXIV is 10X better than FFXI's lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-19 06:13:14  
I didnt like the beta that much but Im a sucker for Final Fantasy series so I got the CE preordered and will give it a honest chance.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 06:43:28  
Asura.Tristean said:

The lore for FFXIV is 10X better than FFXI's lol.

True in every way. the story and lore of XIV beats XI's bland lore and story by a long shot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-19 10:50:08  
the highlander male looks very cool, also the elezen female as well, the idle/walking and attacking pose looks fierce, hyur female looks plain dumb, like a lil girly pink girl, im glad they remade the mithra with a less sluttier look, the elezen M and hyur M looks damn good, bad thing about hyur M is that is very small even the tallest size, and lalafel looks way more cutier on this version than ffxi in my opinion, i don't complain about the gui lag, that will get fixed obviously , along with the weird armor system,

I hope they add a lot more hair styles, like aion online did eventually after the retail release, i predict another server merge for ffxi on january or april (after ps3 release)

it's amazing the incredible detail they added on gridania,
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 11:08:23  
I'm glad hyur males are small. I like to be short ; ;

I wish my elezen could be shorter than the shortest option. I'm so torn between elezen and hyur for release. I like both of my characters from beta too much!!!
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 11:09:42  
I'm torn between Roegadyn and Midlander ; ;
First Page 2 3 4 5 6