The do's and Don'ts of certain jobs
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-01 20:16:12  
Septroth said:
Gaea said:
If you are a red mage. Always sub nin, and always melee. Especially on HNMs, jailers, and gods. They particularly weak to it.

this EPIC FAIL is eaven better than the last one

It was sarcasm :x

British Citizenship {Do you need it?}
 Lakshmi.Septroth
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-02-01 20:46:33  
Wooooodum said:
Septroth said:
Gaea said:
If you are a red mage. Always sub nin, and always melee. Especially on HNMs, jailers, and gods. They particularly weak to it.

this EPIC FAIL is eaven better than the last one

It was sarcasm :x

British Citizenship {Do you need it?}

{Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} and i know it was its just funny.
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-02-01 21:08:26  
yes i only have 22 rdm, but i have been in enough mb ptys to see what blm/rdm's weaknesses are. One of which being the inability to raise or rr
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-01 21:22:38  
Dubont said:
yes i only have 22 rdm, but i have been in enough mb ptys to see what blm/rdm's weaknesses are. One of which being the inability to raise or rr

Do like all BLM should do, buy a RR hairpin.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-02-01 21:23:56  
if your dieing in a pty killing flan theres something wrong with that you shouldn't be dieing at all
 Remora.Kindle
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-01 21:42:29  
Looooooooooooool XD
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-01 22:12:08  
Dubont said:

Being a BLM75 for about 3 months, and have yet to die from a Manaburn party. Or have anyone in my Manaburns die either.

And I have RDM and WHM at 37 also.

And I have several merits on BLM, and a buffer (or was, still trying to get back on to rebuff that buffer) of usually 14k or so, or at least try to keep that buffer that high (again, haven't been able to log on since the 22nd, so no flaming my job level now)

I also solo'd as /whm and /rdm from level 49 (omg, he solo'd from there?) to 72 with only 2 parties in that timeframe. BLMs don't need to raise the party members or raise themselves if they know what they are doing (like not using ES for anything but sleeping ***, only AMing during MB, just basic debuffing in lolexpparties).

Whatever makes you confortable in your job, do it.

But before you start telling people what they should/shouldn't do, ask yourself this: If I was reading what I am typing, but with somebody else's name next to it, and it pisses me off, should I click Submit?
 Shiva.Antistrike
サーバ: Shiva
user: Herthabsc
By Shiva.Antistrike 2009-02-01 22:21:26  
Ok im not seeing the point to the no /rdm for blm even in a mb of 6x blm.
If you head out for a mb there are 2 things you should have no matter what 1 food 2 RR hell i take RR with me everywhere no matter, having /rdm in mb with 6 blms can help way more than that of a /whm apart from the no RR spell in a mb /whm what do you get thats going to help?
/rdm you can grav yes ok so can anyone else but what if resist?
I play blm a lot in mb end game soloing small partys big partys and dyna and for every one of them i /rdm why?
1. Fast cast
2. Higher INT
3. Grav
4. Sorcerer's Ring
5. Phalanx

And wage that against /whm.
1. RR
2. Well ermmm....

Also i would invite /rdm over /whm for dmg anyday 6x blm split 3 nuke 3 rest, hell i duo alot with my friend and due to gear and /rdm chain of 7 on puds is easy done.

All in all RR is your friend ^^ /rdm and dont gimp your dmg.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-01 22:27:24  
Korpg said:

But before you start telling people what they should/shouldn't do, ask yourself this: If I was reading what I am typing, but with somebody else's name next to it, and it pisses me off, should I click Submit?

Very wise words to live off of right there. Everyone on these forums, myself included, should read that a few times.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 22:30:31  
lol... people are taking this too far... I don't think I said NEVER /rdm, point I was making was check with your PT and make sure there's atleast one person to cast raise and curaga and group barspells. If someone already is /whm or BETTER if there's a sch then /rdm.

As for why do it? Obvious reasons or so I'd hope BUT ALSO in my experience in MB I've seen more than one BLM bite it (usually a taru) because of yellow HP since they wanted latent on sorc ring to proc. There's that damn ghost mob in the NE part of the camp that always seems to aggro and kill someone...
 Shiva.Antistrike
By Shiva.Antistrike 2009-02-01 22:42:07  
Malekith said:
raise and curaga and group barspells.

Hmm RR hairpin ... Check!
Cure I - III ... Check!
Barspells ..... Check!

Funny i can do all that /rdm Ok Curaga i cant but i wouldnt see the need of it maybe waking your party from a Sleepga... hmm no need ill just wake that one blm/rdm there and then all is well again.

Malekith said:

As for why do it? Obvious reasons or so I'd hope BUT ALSO in my experience in MB I've seen more than one BLM bite it (usually a taru) because of yellow HP since they wanted latent on sorc ring to proc. There's that damn ghost mob in the NE part of the camp that always seems to aggro and kill someone...

Ok for 1 you dont HAVE to have yellow HP for it to work... 2 why on earth are you even getting that close to the undead only one pud pops close and still its nowhere near it.
Sorc ring is win i recommend it to all blms in the game and i say recommend only because its up to you how you do your job but me personally i like to kill puds in almost 2 spells.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-01 22:43:43  
Antistrike said:
Also i would invite /rdm over /whm for dmg anyday 6x blm split 3 nuke 3 rest, hell i duo alot with my friend and due to gear and /rdm chain of 7 on puds is easy done.

Rest at chain 1, 3, and 4, and nuke to empty on chain 11. Thought you might like to know.

Malekith said:
point I was making was check with your PT

Point taken. Ask your party what they would like. If I'm leader, I don't give a ***if you are /rdm, /whm, or /sch. Some people might give a ***, but then again, flame them, not yourself.

Malekith said:
BUT ALSO in my experience in MB I've seen more than one BLM bite it (usually a taru) because of yellow HP since they wanted latent on sorc ring to proc. There's that damn ghost mob in the NE part of the camp that always seems to aggro and kill someone...

Thats why you don't fight next to the ghost with yellow HP. Better yet, make it so you get latent to proc with white HP (that nice little spot between 75% and 76% HP) so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

And if you are really afraid of dying from Soc ring, then either don't use it or nuke after everyone else. That way, you can't get hit by the upcomming AM or T4.
 Shiva.Antistrike
By Shiva.Antistrike 2009-02-01 22:49:46  
Korpg said:
Antistrike said:

Rest at chain 1, 3, and 4, and nuke to empty on chain 11. Thought you might like to know.

Chain of 11 with 2 people??? dam your good even with my 1000MP i cant pull that one off lol j/k with 6 blm you can chain all day and yes i know about resting the above i said chain 7 is just me and one other.
 Bahamut.Neowrath
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neowrath
By Bahamut.Neowrath 2009-02-01 23:25:16  
I'm sorry, but is anyone taking Dubont seriously anymore? He clearly is one of those people with poor comprehension levels who reads something on FFXIClopedia or a message board, half understands it, and extrapolates the rest so he fools himself into fully understanding something.

Exhibit A
Debont said:
@ Trystan: Mab 1= +10 MAB (gained at lv 10) MAB2 is gained at lv 30 so a lv 75 cor would have MAB 2 but MAB 1 isnt = to +20 mab.

You already confessed you were wrong about this, but I'm guessing there's millions more of these miseducations tumbling around in your head. I bet you also think that Haste gear only activates if you have a Haste spell on you... Do you actually conduct halfassed tests to affirm your ridiculous theories or do you just do / believe the opposite of what more intelligent people have proven? I'd love to know your process.

Exhibit B
Debont said:
@ Wooooodum: Cor/nin with just joyeuse is still a bad idea. U lose out on the +10 racc from /rng as well as sharpshot and barrage.

A 75COR/RNG would have Accuracy Bonus 2 (which RNG gets at level 30), for a total of +22 Acc/R.Acc. Maybe if said person was similar to you and has a bunch of gimp subjobs, your thought would be accurate. Or maybe you were confused with how FFXIClopedia has its Accuracy Bonus page laid out...

Exhibit C
Dubont said:

Who would invite you to a manaburn party? No one. Therefore all these "parties" that showed you the shortcomings of BLM/RDM were figments of your imagination. If they occurred in reality (or at least virtual reality), you would notice that these BLM/RDM were outnuking you, both in the amount of nukes cast over a short period of time and in actual damage numbers.

Plus, that's like saying SAM/WAR has a giant weakness... They can't Raise someone else. Because everyone knows that if someone dies in a party, it's everyone else's responsibility to be able to Raise said person. Brilliant!
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-02-01 23:42:26  
So in otherwords... DON'T TRY ANYTHING NEW!

FYI- RDM/DRK prior to 75 is 1) VERY fun and 2) a quick way to cap your Ele & DRK Magic.

I wonder what the OP's take on Melee WHM is. What about Melee Mage period?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-01 23:52:12  
Korpg said:
Thats why you don't fight next to the ghost with yellow HP. Better yet, make it so you get latent to proc with white HP (that nice little spot between 75% and 76% HP) so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

And if you are really afraid of dying from Soc ring, then either don't use it or nuke after everyone else. That way, you can't get hit by the upcomming AM or T4.

I'm not worried about the sorc ring, I don't use it. I personally feel it's more trouble than it's worth. In my experience many of its bearers are careless, and don't realize how far blood aggro extends. So please spare me the lesson on how it works, I don't need it. If you felt it was warranted because of my "yellow hp comment" from before. Understand that 9/10 this happens... I join pt. I see people with less than full hp. I cast a curaga. Everyone has max HP. I get bitched at because someone lost latent. Next pull, taru gets hit, latent active and screams at everyone to not cure. There's our yellow. You'd be surprised at how often this happens...

The only point I was ever trying to drive home is that it's nice to have a properly constructed party where someone is able to raise/ cure if the need arises. That's why I said, check with pt lead before joining. I never said Pudding MB needs BLM x6 with /WHM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Souledge
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ravven
By Quetzalcoatl.Souledge 2009-02-01 23:52:59  
One thing I'd like to point out is i have to agree with Romera in some aspects, if u are soloing do w/e u want , but the second u enter a party u should be doing what makes the party run smoother, do more dmg etc. Alot of players do use the stupidest sub jobs for certain jobs such as war/pld or drk/pld i've seen and really it gets frustrating playing with these people. They should really be asking or doing some sort of research even doing a /sea all to see what most people use. If i'm paying to play as you all have said i wanna make my time worth it. If someone wants to play their own way then play solo, that way people won't complain. Next thing /NIN is good for alot of jobs only if your dmg is so good that u know your going to pull hate. If your excellent at planing your ws timing then u probably won't need, but even as cor or rng ive often pulled hate from just doing normal attacks.
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-02-02 00:11:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

No, I wasn't serious. Also, I'm not a "he". A few months ago I put together a Nyzul group and got a Red Mage. The first floor was specific enemies (Chariots). I didn't know he was /NIN, til he started meleeing the chariot and couldn't assist with Paralyna. Needless to say he wouldn't stop meleeing, nor would he help cure.

Two people died on the first chariot. He told me I shouldn't invite a Red Mage if I don't know who their job works. This was more of an inside joke. I didn't think anyone on FFXIAH would take it seriously ;/
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-02 00:16:35  
Malekith said:
Korpg said:

I'm not worried about the sorc ring, I don't use it. I personally feel it's more trouble than it's worth. In my experience many of its bearers are careless, and don't realize how far blood aggro extends. So please spare me the lesson on how it works, I don't need it. If you felt it was warranted because of my "yellow hp comment" from before. Understand that 9/10 this happens... I join pt. I see people with less than full hp. I cast a curaga. Everyone has max HP. I get bitched at because someone lost latent. Next pull, taru gets hit, latent active and screams at everyone to not cure. There's our yellow. You'd be surprised at how often this happens...

The only point I was ever trying to drive home is that it's nice to have a properly constructed party where someone is able to raise/ cure if the need arises. That's why I said, check with pt lead before joining. I never said Pudding MB needs BLM x6 with /WHM.

Anyone using sorc ring or any of those latent rings who doesn't have a hp down set to activate it is gimp. If someone wants to waste MP needlessly curing my yellow hp back up, good for them but ill just hit my full zenith macro swap again.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-02-02 00:54:47  
@ Neowrath: ialready stated that i was wrong about the mab. i know about the racc of a cor/rng at 75. still the point is that u get more racc with /rng than with /nin. Also, my subs arent gimp tyvm. The only normal sub i dont have is rdm so gtfo nubcake
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-02-02 01:03:27  
fyi, i get invited to MBs quite often as blm/whm ty. Having someone who can raise if needed is really useful but ur closed minded so u wouldnt understand. You also probably dont understand that /drk gives as much int as /rdm so dont even start bitching about how ur dmg is gimp w/o /rdm
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-02 01:29:33  
Dubont said:
fyi, i get invited to MBs quite often as blm/whm ty. Having someone who can raise if needed is really useful but ur closed minded so u wouldnt understand. You also probably dont understand that /drk gives as much int as /rdm so dont even start bitching about how ur dmg is gimp w/o /rdm

I didn't realize that /DRK has the Job Trait Fast Cast.

Or the Job Trait Magic Defense Bonus, which helps out a lot if you eat a -ga or AM and you didn't stun it.

or that it has the spell Gravity for those cases where you accidently grab a pudding and nobody else was nuking that one. Gravity works best because puddings have Resist Sleep out of the *** and Bind only works for a few seconds (usually after the next nuke, it wears).

I also didn't know that /DRK had curing spells for self cures if your HP is in red or yellow, and Drain is down.

Also, how do you know for sure that /DRK has just as much INT than /RDM? If your /RDM isn't leveled up enough to do a /check for it yourself.

Just a few things I'm unknowledgeable about. I'm sure you can tell me the facts yourself though.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-02 01:32:53  
DO: Ask party leader which subjob they would like before you join them, saves a lot of drama.

Read up how to play your job as some subs are situational, good idea to understand when /rdm is better than /whm for example.

DO NOT: Walk into a party with an untraditional sub as you will get blasted sadly. Don't cure someone if they tell you they have a latent active, anything that makes them do their job better is good for the party.

ALSO!!! DON'T! cure the pld when their hp is white!!! like wow.... I throw off a cure3 to build hate and bam the whm or rdm has beaten me to it and my mp is wasted and the next ws that goes off gets hate and people /stare at me lol Only assist curing a pld once their hp is below 60% or when their mp is low to give them time to get it back up...

As far as going /thf pre lvl 60 it's choosing spike dmg over DoT with SAWS. Going /rdm doesnt make a big difference to your dmg if your a 75blm hume standing next to a 75blm taru who is /whm lol BUT fast cast, higher chance of sticking gravity, dispel, and where higher INT IS useful; less chance of resist. Never been /whm although it would be nice to have some RR at times...
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-02 01:39:02  
Celestinia said:
DO: Ask party leader which subjob they would like before you join them, saves a lot of drama.

Read up how to play your job as some subs are situational, good idea to understand when /rdm is better than /whm for example.
THANK YOU Celestinia!!!

Celestinia said:
ALSO!!! DON'T! cure the pld when their hp is white!!! like wow.... I throw off a cure3 to build hate and bam the whm or rdm has beaten me to it and my mp is wasted and the next ws that goes off gets hate and people /stare at me lol Only assist curing a pld once their hp is below 60% or when their mp is low to give them time to get it back up...
I think I'm in love with you :D You totally hit that one on the nail~
 Asura.Nightbear
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-02-02 01:45:12  
I R BLM! XD BLM/DRK wut? my firs main was BLM75 yes as galka and was hard to get it there. There for i had to work really hard to outstand Tarus in manaburns or oldschool SC/MB (Magic burst not manaburns) partys, we had a Pick KS99 and was sad to see that 4/6 BLM's didn't had the smallest idea what a Magic burst was or even wich spell to cast :( /wrist , go go pudding camp blms , Chain 11 with 2 ppl probably posible , Hotsoup ( the original player ) used to pull Chain 5 solo, chain 8 with me on pt ( i was the gimp mp pool ) , for a 3/3 set up you need full merited/skilled/geared BLMs or it just wont work, best chain we got off was 80 but a sleepga broke it.

The Ghost @ NE is only a treath to bad players, in all my days of BLM i never got agro from it unless i a) intencionaly agroed it b) was watching stuff while autoruning (wich puts me in the dumb player level).

/RDM is by FAR the best sub for a BLM, i agree if you die you die and no one to blame for it, i never whined for a raise, take it like man and home point :) you get it back in the first chain.

BLM/WHM just gimps you , you lose 3 int, MaB , lack of self-survival : Phalanx , fastcast , Gravity , dispel vs lolRR and +28 mp. not worth imo.

If you get a Sorc ring get use to dying , thats the fun part in the end , brag about your big nukes and how you die after it :P fun job but i retired it.

Black belt > Black mage XD <3
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-02 01:46:15  
Celestinia said:
As far as going /thf pre lvl 60 it's choosing spike dmg over DoT with SAWS.

Don't forget to mention that Sneak Attack as a subbed THF only does regular Crit damage and not the nice SA bonus we see from THF mains.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-02 01:49:46  
Nightbear said:
BLM/WHM just gimps you , you lose 3 int, MaB , lack of self-survival : Phalanx , fastcast , Gravity , dispel vs lolRR and +28 mp. not worth imo. If you get a Sorc ring get use to dying , thats the fun part in the end , brag about your big nukes and how you die after it :P fun job but i retired it.

If I understand you correctly, you don't get an additional MAB for /RDM, since your trait already has a MAB in it.

Plus, give me your Soc ring since you retired your BLM >.> <.<
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-02 01:51:51  
Korpg said:
Celestinia said:
As far as going /thf pre lvl 60 it's choosing spike dmg over DoT with SAWS.
Don't forget to mention that Sneak Attack as a subbed THF only does regular Crit damage and not the nice SA bonus we see from THF mains.

Haha this is true. Personally, it's /war for me at lower lvls, although I hear /drg or /rng is good for sam during colibri camps, again situational but I see a lot of people doing it so it must work.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-02-02 01:55:16  
Smurfo said:
Anyone using sorc ring or any of those latent rings who doesn't have a hp down set to activate it is gimp. If someone wants to waste MP needlessly curing my yellow hp back up, good for them but ill just hit my full zenith macro swap again.

Fully agree with this. As for blm/whm ... when i /sea all inv 75 for a melee party setup on monk or sam i feel some pity towards any blm/whm seeking a party in Whitegate. Theres always a time puddings will be free when you have black mage buffer on your mind changing to blm/rdm and going straight to camp is what id always advise doing.

No time like the present, instead of lfp upto several hours. Most of the time at puddings there is 3-4 blms all soloing, turning up sub whm your going to have to ask someone to start a party, remain at wamoura or have a very strong enfeeb build to sleep a pudding.

I think last time i died there was probably before summer 08 as blm, and i havent seen a gravity resist in that time either that i can remember. Dying there should be such an rare oddity that all going sub rdm and having to hp once in a blue moon shouldnt be a problem.

If dying solo to a pudding is a very rare occasion having 6x blm in a party it should be that muuch harder to die. Ultimatly ill always stick to soloing and catch the camp when its empty.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-02-02 02:07:27  
Dubont, I honestly respect what your trying to do here. Too many people pick shitty subs and ruin the game for actually intelligent players. While you may have noble intentions, you have often contradicted yourself throughout this thread. You cannot fix something that isn't broken, and as long as people in game think they're correct, nothing will ever change. On a final note, this IS a game. If someone wants to waste their potential and screw over a party, that's fine by me. I don't invite or party with people that can't pick the right gear or sub jobs.