users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » The do's and Don'ts of certain jobs
The do's and Don'ts of certain jobs
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-02 02:41:27  
lol, there is absolutely nothing noble about his intentions.

Going to a game forum with an attitude, whining about people who probably wont even read his nonsense is not at all noble, it's not like he wrote a guide for these people he just complained about them. First problem is he is incorrect on many of his points.

He doesn't even have a fully leveled rdm sub which he complains about, it is the best blm sub for almost any situation, why do you think many experienced blm here are calling him out on this blatant lie?

/nin for a melee is quite common since it better to not MP sponge and slightly gimp your dmg than to die and kill chains.

Do you think a person who plays blm/drk or any other really ridiculous sub even knows about forums? much less gives a crap.

In the end he is just bitching and moaning to a lot of people who don't care and also disagree with his opinions, because in all honesty many of them are dead wrong.

Perhaps if he was correct on all points it would add credibility, or maybe if he were more... articulate about his posting.

In the end, he is still telling people who either are comfortable with how to play their jobs or already 100% know how to play their jobs.. how to play them though and thus, nothing is accomplished. (Not one person who responded to the OP does not have at least one level 70+ job or a few so it's falling on deaf ears)
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2009-02-02 02:58:35  
Just thought i'd add a few notes
if ya have a DRK in the party Chaos roll will do Minuent X2 (when luck up to x4)
if ya have a SAM in the party Tp gain will be faster 20% faster
For pure attack COR can do better than BRD hands done with snakeeye 5/5 and Winning steak 3/5 this can be constant no luck involed
As for lack of haste i'd bet Sam roll will more potent for a party than 1 march
Anyhow COR with the right jobs in the party = amazing and on my DRK i only do my best with CORs.
As for pulling i have stacked pulls for 100+ chains repeatly and i believe COR can pull as effecntly as BRD only thing i'd say that make BRD superior is not speed but Elegy and abilty to crowd control if they get links.
anyhow my Main is DRK and COR is kinda a secondary job and even tho i have a good DD build for the job i speclise in pulling for a party since i feel thats more important for a party and so i rarly even bother even firing a bullet in partys and we still get chain 100s cause i stack the pulls :)
 Asura.Nightbear
サーバ: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-02-02 03:22:15  
Yeah that was a Huge devate over /rdm stacking MaB or not , but yeah >_> BLM is now just for coin farming limbus or special ocacions. :S that Sorc ring might turn into a KO or Cuchulan's XD
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-02 07:30:38  
Etrayis said:
Too many people pick shitty subs and ruin the game for actually intelligent players

Could you be so kind as to tell everyone here why doing that ruins the game?

From my point of view, this is actually a game, that some people take very seriously and others not so serious. Seems to me that you're one of the former. It's not very fair of you to make such arrogant comments (which they are, I'm afraid, they're arrogant) without any sort of backing argument or points.

Because to be honest, they ruin the game for you, because you're so obsessed with what everyone else is doing. They don't ruin the game for anyone other than you, because nobody else cares.

The intelligent players part? Now you've just gone and insulted everyone in this thread. Good job!

Edit: As for the OP only having RDM22, as far as I'm concerned, that just makes everything he posts on the subject invalid. It's like people saying they don't like somebody or something when they've never met or seen them. How can you know?

"I've seen other people subbing RDM enough!" Not good enough.
 Odin.Leey
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-02-02 08:26:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

thank you for teaching me how to play the game :) i will never DRK/BLM in an exp party ever again!

o wait what? Yea... not helpful!
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-02-02 08:40:37  
first time ever ive heard someone complain about a dd using \nin....
how come everybody allways get told to \nin in meritparties? because its a GOOD SUB THAT SAVES ALOT OF MP! woah... is it that hard to see?
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-02 09:54:36  
Jaerik said:
Intelligently debating various jobs and their play types: good! Flaming into insults and swearing at another poster for absolutely no apparent reason: Jaerik will quietly nuke your post. Keep it civil, guys.
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-02-02 10:22:00  
I agree with Wooooodum, this is just a game. I hate when people get so serious about it. Don't get me wrong, there are some serious situations in the game, but you shoudn't take the game as a whole seriously.

And it's not like you're the only person playing the game. People have different opinions and preferences about how to play the game.

Heck if i'm a Blm and I want to sub MNK while i'm soloing then it's none of anyones business, it wouldn't effect anyone but myself.

So why sit there and let other people ruin the game for yourself when it has no effect and you whatsoever.

Although, in a way I do agree with you. I usually couldn't care less what people sub. If we have a drk that subs Sam/War/Thf/Nin at any level i don't care.

BUT, if i am in an exp party and our tank is a PLD/RNG or the healer is a WHM/THF then i may disagree with there decisions, but I won't let it ruin the game for me.

You have to remember it's their game too... If they have fun as PLD/RNG then so be it. I'm not going to call someone stupid or unintelligent for paying for a game and having the right to do what they want.

If I really disagreed so much with their choice of sub job and the party wasn't working out so well. I would kindly bow out. and NOT bash them for it. Anyways i'm done, i'm sure a few people don't agree with this but don't post anything trying to burn or agrue with me, this was 100% my opinion and wether you agree with it or not I don't care so you would be wasting your time.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-02 11:18:49  
I agree Oric, shoot someone got all pissy with me on one of my other characters because I was playing around with rng and I didnt have any of the support jobs to go with it but whm, so I was playing at low lvl just to play rng/whm. Then my friend asked me to help him lvl so I told him the jobs I had at the lvl and only sub would be is whm and he didnt care, we pt'd like 2+ hours and we were getting a rep for someone and when they got to the pt, they blew up at me like I was breaking rules, he made a fit cause I was /whm even when I explained it to him. The other ppl in pt all were fine with it cause I was still doing damage to kill the mob.

I sometimes just like to have fun with jobs, I went to help a friend as blm/whm for the r/e okotes and i went and chgd to BLM/NIN fighting with daggers :P and still got the claim and the drop even if I was playing around.

Sometimes ppl make mistakes to chg their sub job when they come pt, not a big deal imo. As long as the person can do their job I dont care what sub they have really.

lol I was so bored and tired of sky once cause I didnt do much as blm, I went and put my sub as pup. lol blm/pup it was fun for a lil bit lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-02 11:25:21  
I like PIE! If you dont like it, I'll eat my pie anyway. screw you D:
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-02 11:59:04  
im gonna say this once then im gonna forget this thread ever existed.. 1. unless your gonna pay for my character ill play it as i please and do what i want with it... 2. if you dont try anything knew how do you know what might and might not work.. if people didnt try anything know noone would be tanking as nin/drk or rdm wouldnt know to go /drk.. you cant shoot any idea down unless you try it.. and this is a GAME its supposed to be fun -.- if your not playing something the way others play it its your choice have fun with it your not screwing anyone over or wasting thier potention.. ***you never know that person might know something you dont and be able to outdamage half the party.. so quit attacking people for playing how they want to play.. they pay to have fun not listen to *** try to tell them what to do
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-02 12:37:07  
Soo... All I really saw in skimming thru was "Blah...blah...blah..."

Anyway...

Was in a standard pt setup last night taking Colibri at Tandjana Islet (PLD/DRG/MNK/SAM/RNG/RDM). I was dual-boxing the Mnk and Rdm. One of the people wanted me to sub /whm on the rdm simply b/c we "might" need DS and/or CA2... But... I went /blm for Conserve MP instead and still kept everyone Hasted/Refreshed/Healed w/ no deaths and rarely used Convert.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-02-02 12:49:37  
Normally i shouldnt answer to this and just think as always "god what an big idiot" but... here we go:

Looks like you, sir, don't really have an idea. Playing 5 years, havin no crafts lvled, No rank 10 in any city, no craft besides fishing beyond 20+? Common, try something else to convince us you've played 5 years straight.

For my part, im pretty sure youre one of these past ToAU starters, that have no fking idea bout strategies or how hard playing was before that expansion and the "YAY Pussays"-updates SE made so ppl finally would stop moaning bout certain things.

But to get to topic:

Greetings from Germany and ill say it in my direct way (Its not against you in person, just about the nonsense you producin): stfu

its been mostly already said in this thread:

Dont want a person with a certain SJ? Don't invite him/her

Dont want to get in a pt with ppl with certain SJs? Dont go lfp and solo to 75

Dont want to solo to 75 cause youre pissed cause of choices ppl make to have "fun" in a "game" (ridicolous isnt it... fun in a game, who would ever have thought of that BS): Quit the game and leave the fun to ppl who can enjoy it.

Oh, yeah. If you cant see the cynism and sarcasm in my post. If you want ill repost it and make those parts italic.

Greetz Magis('-')/

P.S.: To all the others :o keep having fun ^.^b
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-02-02 14:08:30  

BLM/RDM - special case

I go BLM/RDM all the time, especially in Dynamis and Manaburn parties at puddings.
You see, I have a Sorc. Ring and if I am subbed /WHM, the auto-regen will defeat the purpose of forcing the latent with HP swap gear. As long as I have phalynx and stoneskin up, I can take a few hits, which allows others to get the mob off of me.

~Yote
 Caitsith.Fivefingers
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Fivefingers 2009-02-02 14:10:22  
dont ever wear full pup af at 75. kthx
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-02-02 15:21:08  
Hey Wooooodum. I'm sorry if that's the idea you got from my post. Out of context that actually looks fairly one sided. By shitty subs, I mean completely useless in a party. When soloing I couldn't care less if you wanna be a war/whm or a blm/sam. On my original post I noted fairly well that while you CAN do that, I will not party with you. That's all I meant by it. ^^
 Bahamut.Neowrath
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neowrath
By Bahamut.Neowrath 2009-02-02 22:31:00  
Dubont said:
fyi, i get invited to MBs quite often as blm/whm ty. Having someone who can raise if needed is really useful but ur closed minded so u wouldnt understand. You also probably dont understand that /drk gives as much int as /rdm so dont even start bitching about how ur dmg is gimp w/o /rdm

LOL, you're so cute, calling someone else a nubcake. Why don't you throw some more wicked awesome cracks at me, like calling me a big stupid doodoo head. Well played.

You also hit the nail on the head, I'm a giant nubcake with a closed mind. I'm so closed minded, I even went on the FFXIAH forums and made a topic called "The do's and Don'ts of certain jobs" and then proceeded to spew forth poorly supported arguments in extremely bad grammar. I even went as far as calling people nubcakes and making up ***that people never actually said. If you're unfamiliar with what I just did there, it's called "Irony," and in this case, it's delicious.

And, FYI, I never said anything about BLM/DRK being good OR bad. Let me go against my gut instinct and attempt to be open minded for a second about BLM/DRK... It's not a bad choice. It could be argued that this is the most hard hitting subjob there is, nuke for nuke, assuming you Absorb-Int from a mob before you nuke. [sarcasm] But then again, it doesn't have raise, so it's a subjob for nubcakes onry! [/sarcasm]

But, I must say, you have bested every closed minded nubcake on these boards! Touché, sir!
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-02 22:48:56  
Dubont said:
@ Neowrath: ialready stated that i was wrong about the mab. i know about the racc of a cor/rng at 75. still the point is that u get more racc with /rng than with /nin. Also, my subs are gimp thanks for noticing. The best sub for blm, I don't have it, so i'll gtfo i'm nubcake and i'll go level rdm

Fix'd