First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-06 21:11:28  
'Darkovercast — updated 2 hours ago'

The issue was just fixed, run the client again.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2011-01-06 21:16:02  
Hey awesome was instantly fixed o.o;
Thank you very much ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-01-07 00:04:06  
I see that you have addressed the issue; however, I'm still having a problem with getting it to update anything. I logged in and did a //gw flush which immediately gives me a "still downloading from safe" message. waited about 30mins and tried again, i got the same message. I'm going to leave it alone for tonight and see if anything changes in the morning.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-07 00:12:33  
Are you running it as admin?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2011-01-07 00:42:17  
Cerberus.Stanislav said:
Are you running it as admin?

yeah I'm running it as Admin. I use Vista not sure if that makes a difference. I had no issues with the flush command earlier, it listed all my gear in my inventory on the site and gave a live feed about my synergy, just never updated it on my profile. Now i just get the "Still downloading from safe" message.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-07 01:40:21  
Whatever you just fixed broke mine :( It wont update FFXIAH anymore nor can i right click it in the taskbar... it acts buggy.

Windows 7 x64 redownloaded it and restarted no go. Says attaching and seems to work except its not updating anything nor is it responding to // commands in game.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-07 01:47:48  
Try killing it with Task Manager.

Nothing changed in between version changes except a number, which would have no effect on that. What could have effected it is the web-server getting rebooted during an update.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-07 01:49:49  
Appears to have done the trick for getting it to load/respond but it seems it still isn't picking up my BRD level or new gear obtained since dynamis a bit ago.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-07 02:12:54  
According to this you are not in-game with the client, which means its probably not running as admin. As I said nothing in the code was changed that could cause issues.
 Shiva.Chimera
サーバ: Shiva
user: Chimera
By Shiva.Chimera 2011-01-11 11:22:42  
I have to say that I am seriously impressed with this... seen a friend using it a few days ago and I tried it yesterday... only problem I can see is where items being added by guildworks client are being marked by the gear icon... this positively identifies people who use it to any user on this site and considering that windower (a illegal 3rd party app) is needed it now positively identifies people that are breaking SE's rules.

I know the first argument most people are going to say is that almost 70% of the FFXI userbase on PC use windower anyway so SE won't do anything about it, but it doesn't take much to grab a small cross section and ban them to make an example out of them. If only to put the fear of SE back into the users using windower. The point I'm trying to make is that by positively identifying which users are using guildworks client, SE now has a great tool at their disposal to find out who is breaking their rules whereas before they could only really guess based on characters suspicious in game actions.

My suggestion would be to make an option of whether to display that icon or how it was added. Make it possible for players to keep their anonymity if they want to.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2011-01-11 16:31:14  
Pretty awesome!, added my two ffxi characters flawlessly, but yesterday I was trying to add my ffxiv character and I got the message:

"According to FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone, Behemothx Leviathan does not exist on Selbina, please check your spelling and try again. "

I went to lodestone and my character is listed there, any ideas?

Thanks!
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-01-11 16:38:40  
Leviathan.Behemothx said:
Pretty awesome!, added my two ffxi characters flawlessly, but yesterday I was trying to add my ffxiv character and I got the message:

"According to FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone, Behemothx Leviathan does not exist on Selbina, please check your spelling and try again. "

Thanks!

The scraper probably had difficulties getting lodestone to cooperate. I would try again later.
[+]
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-11 19:34:42  
Leviathan.Behemothx said:

Thanks!

Square changed the structure of some of their pages, should be fixed now.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-11 19:58:43  
I have a suggestion which would probably take to much work. If guildwork can track or eventually track when an item is sold and record its price, possibly even who was the seller and buyer like AH transactions we could have bazaar transactions. Could theoretically have a history of bazaar transactions showing what price the bazaars are going for vs the AH, even how many are up in bazaars and so on.

Would be cool for items that aren't normally sold on the AH.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-11 20:08:24  
Shiva.Chimera said:
... this positively identifies people who use it to any user on this site and considering that windower (a illegal 3rd party app) is needed it now positively identifies people that are breaking SE's rules...

If SE wanted to do that all they would have to do is go to the windower forum and ban everyone that uses that forum.
 Shiva.Chimera
サーバ: Shiva
user: Chimera
By Shiva.Chimera 2011-01-11 20:26:30  
really? so if I was to have an account on a ffxi bot forum I could be banned just for my having an account there even if I don't use them? I don't think so... it doesn't definitively point at me as a user of 3rd party apps. no... fortunately one does not indicate involvement in the other... with the guild work client, it does involve a 3rd party app, specifically windower, and using it for certain functions (ie auto-adding Bazaar items on FFXIAH) will identify you as a user of one and since one involves usage of the other... tag your it. Might as well paint a big target on you and hope SE doesn't drop a BANhammer on your head.

All I'm saying from the previous post is there should be a way to turn off indications of where the information came from... guildworks has enough advertising plugs on FFXIAH as it is without having to populate it with more little icons.

Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-11 20:41:04  
It's a valid point but to be frank... SE knows who has been using the unofficial windower for quite some time now. Theres just so many freaking people who use it. They can't ban everyone without taking the game down with it as the population amount who USE windower on the PC platform is THAT large.

If it was a small underground group... or more damaging plugins that actually POS hack ect then it would have been delt with a long time ago.

Unofficial windower is no secret and unless you scream in shouts 24/7 that you use illegal tools in game you'll never be banned for using windower. Period.

EDIT: Also addressing the "plugs" all over FFXIAH, I believe guildwork offers new features that scragg originally wished he could have supported from the start. The LSC is too slow, flawed, and never updated properly enough to do half the things we would want from a social site, and guildwork filled the gap completely.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 21:24:37  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
SE knows who has been using the unofficial windower for quite some time now.
nah
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2011-01-11 21:28:52  
will this make me a sammich
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-11 21:30:04  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
SE knows who has been using the unofficial windower for quite some time now.
nah
Naive.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-11 21:33:22  
ITT: SE can access client-side data
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-11 21:44:30  
Shiva.Chimeraif said:
I was to have an account on a ffxi bot forum I could be banned just for my having an account there even if I don't use them?

I was thinking more along the lines of the IP address of the account and techy stuff like that.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-01-12 22:58:07  
So how exactly can I get my synergy data to appear?
[+]
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-13 07:38:26  
Looks like you figured it out =P
By Hyshio 2011-01-18 05:18:30  
Stan, I was wondering if there was a way to change the location of the schedule info? Most Windower users usually have their Infobar plugins running up there and I didnt see an option in the files to move it easily. Is it possible in later versions to be able to move these things around on the game screen?
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-20 15:44:46  
At the moment its not possible, but I guess it could be done.
 Lakshmi.Leonien
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leonien
By Lakshmi.Leonien 2011-01-20 15:59:14  
Most people i know who used exschduler with exdkp moved the infobar slightly lower
 Cerberus.Leeey
user: Leey
By Cerberus.Leeey 2011-01-21 15:53:43  
how do you just build a guildwork website >.>
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-21 17:30:09  
You create an account, add a character, then go to the sites tab and 'Create Site'.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16