Game: FFXI
user: Leey
By Cerberus.Leeey 2011-01-21 18:27:35  
thanks stan
 Phoenix.Lazuras
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2011-01-26 03:11:32  
Is there anyway to get the client to auto load with windower and conversely exit when the game is shutdown?
By Xera 2011-01-26 03:34:45  
Not sure of a way to close the client on FF close, but run.dll can run it on windower start up.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-26 03:51:21  
Might be able to do it with a simple .bat file too, then open that instead of your windower launcher (or put it in start up). I can't quite work out how myself, but it should be possible!
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-01-26 17:54:03  
You can keep the Client running forever, it takes no resources and it will reconnect to the game when you turn the game back on.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2011-01-26 18:23:15  
Oh, well that's fine then.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-27 17:22:58  
//gw bazaar selling "ItemName"
result would be characters registered on your server with said item up in their bazaar

//gw bazaar buying "ItemName"
result would be people who have posted items that they are looking for on ffxiah.com and the average asking price across your server, and maybe also asking price averaged across all servers.

I love the idea for this feature, it would be neat to add those 2 commands, would really help get more consistency out of peoples bazaar prices.

Also, you could refine it down to the point of showing the online status and at least the zone in which the bazaar is in, simply cross reference the name on the ffxiah profile bazaar, with the /sea all Insertname to show results in real time.

Two commands that you need.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-02 16:19:10  
Is there a way to remove the event timer in top left of game? Really don't need to know when the events are :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-04 10:54:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
ITT: SE can access client-side data
They don't have to, do you really think they can't tell from the data threads from your computer?

Spellcast is really what I mean here, you send up to 16 gear swaps a few times every couple seconds when casting a spell. If SE wanted to they could analyze that data you are sending in and know that you are using something other than the norm.

Even if they don't have some other means to make it easier to detect, it's either too much of a pain to do or like was mentioned earlier they don't wanna ban what is probably a good portion of their player base.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-04 11:02:22  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Spellcast is really what I mean here, you send up to 16 gear swaps a few times every couple seconds when casting a spell.
Eh, I'll bite... What job are you precasting 15 slots on, and more importantly why? I could fit the relevant precast gear on any of my jobs into a single standard macro. Doing so and quite possibly having the spell itself in the same macro, then midcasting all your gear via 2-3 more macros is entirely within reason for standard macros. I actually did it for a while before I started using Windower macros or Spellcast.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-04 11:04:12  
Where does the client install at?

Been looking and looking but I can't find a folder or anything (Yeah I just spammed enter when installing :x)

Doesn't want to work for me :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-04 11:06:10  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Is there a way to remove the event timer in top left of game? Really don't need to know when the events are :/
^this

I don't want it dropped, but I want the option to toggle it on and off, preferably an option on the guildwork site and not a command we have to enter in every time we log on the game.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-04 11:06:38  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

pl0x help me guyz
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-04 13:51:19  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Spellcast is really what I mean here, you send up to 16 gear swaps a few times every couple seconds when casting a spell.
Eh, I'll bite... What job are you precasting 15 slots on, and more importantly why? I could fit the relevant precast gear on any of my jobs into a single standard macro. Doing so and quite possibly having the spell itself in the same macro, then midcasting all your gear via 2-3 more macros is entirely within reason for standard macros. I actually did it for a while before I started using Windower macros or Spellcast.

It doesn't matter if I do or not. What matters is how the data is handled at the network level. But I very often send 10-14 gear swaps during an aftercast as an example, I don't idle in much of my rdm's nuking gear, in fact I idle in absolutely none of it except an earth staff provided I'm nuking earth so while yes you may be right that I could make it seems somewhat close on my precast -> midcast but after the spell goes off, it's a whole different story.

For blm this is worsened even more. When I use sorc ring, my spellcast puts in fast cast gear, starts casting, then macros hp down gear, and then equips nuking gear and after the spell goes off, then puts in idle gear.

There is a large difference between manually hitting a few macros between your precast and spell end and having gear sets macro in all at once during precast, midcast and aftercast. It isn't about that you could do it without spellcast or not it is that the patterns formed by spellcast's data packets that are sent in to the server. No matter how fast you think you are you cannot hit 3 macros and have it send all the data in one packet like spellcast is likely to do barring larger packets which are limited by size and thus broken up.

I'm not claiming to be an expert nor do I claim that I know exactly how SE's game transmits data but claiming they can't figure out if you are using windower or not is just being a little overly headstrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kiori
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-02-04 13:54:35  
too bad i play mostly on the xbox :( maybe i'll get a controller and fix it to work with ffxi and play pc again
 Asura.Yekyaa
サーバ: Asura
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2011-02-08 11:47:23  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

It doesn't matter if I do or not. What matters is how the data is handled at the network level. But I very often send 10-14 gear swaps during an aftercast as an example, I don't idle in much of my rdm's nuking gear, in fact I idle in absolutely none of it except an earth staff provided I'm nuking earth so while yes you may be right that I could make it seems somewhat close on my precast -> midcast but after the spell goes off, it's a whole different story.

For blm this is worsened even more. When I use sorc ring, my spellcast puts in fast cast gear, starts casting, then macros hp down gear, and then equips nuking gear and after the spell goes off, then puts in idle gear.

There is a large difference between manually hitting a few macros between your precast and spell end and having gear sets macro in all at once during precast, midcast and aftercast. It isn't about that you could do it without spellcast or not it is that the patterns formed by spellcast's data packets that are sent in to the server. No matter how fast you think you are you cannot hit 3 macros and have it send all the data in one packet like spellcast is likely to do barring larger packets which are limited by size and thus broken up.

I'm not claiming to be an expert nor do I claim that I know exactly how SE's game transmits data but claiming they can't figure out if you are using windower or not is just being a little overly headstrong.

You are correct on both accounts in your last paragraph. Spellcast doesn't send packets. It sends the actual command(s) in quick succession.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-08 11:54:40  
So uh, I still can't get this to work :x Whenever I start up XI Guildwork tells me to run it in administrator mode, now does that mean XI itself or the guildwork client (of which I cannot find any folder of :s)

Kind of annoying me actually :x I want this to work but it's being so uncooperative.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-08 11:59:49  
Take another look at OP
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2011-02-08 12:01:00  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
So uh, I still can't get this to work :x Whenever I start up XI Guildwork tells me to run it in administrator mode, now does that mean XI itself or the guildwork client (of which I cannot find any folder of :s)

Kind of annoying me actually :x I want this to work but it's being so uncooperative.
if you downloaded with firefox, just rightclick the icon on download window and click open containing folder, thats where its been saved to. Just right click guildworkclient.exe adn run as admin. Or first cut and paste it into anotehr folder or your desktop to get to it easier and then right clock > admin

spelling etc*
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-08 12:08:14  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Take another look at OP

Yeah I gotta figure out what the *** I did wrong :x

I'll have to do that when I get home lol, at classes right now >.>

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

if you downloaded with firefox, just rightclick the icon on download window and click open containing folder, thats where its been saved to. Just right click guildworkclient.exe adn run as admin. Or first cut and paste it into anotehr folder or your desktop to get to it easier and then right clock > admin

spelling etc*

an damn I think I know what I did wrong then, I've already installed it once, but I assume I will be able to install it again and just put it in the appropriate folder and it should work as intended then :x I guess I need to get out of the habit of just spamming enter when I am installing something lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 12:19:45  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

No answer for this or is it not able to be done?
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2011-02-09 12:27:27  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

No answer for this or is it not able to be done?

It is not possible with the current client.
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2011-02-09 12:31:17  
start the program after your already on your caractor.thats what works for me anyways.
 Leviathan.Mitsurughy
user: EnricO
By Leviathan.Mitsurughy 2011-02-19 04:21:04  
Hey guys, I just signed up for GW on the site, using FB connect.

I downloaded the client and asks for login. Where can i find that since, i didnt give any mail address nor pw?

Edit: NVM i figured out.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-19 11:25:14  
Did I read somewhere that FFXIAH can now recognise if you have captain rank via guildwork? If so, how do I go about that? Obviously not important, but it's shiny ; ;
 Cerberus.Shaan
user: 1spjolst
By Cerberus.Shaan 2011-03-07 02:22:52  
Hi, I just downloaded and installed the guildwork client and "run as admin" when i login to ffxi it shows "unable to read character info.....please run as admin..", what should i do to fix this?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-07 14:30:07  
Yeah, so, I don't want Guildwork. I don't want to install Guildwork and delete it, I don't want anything to do with third party applications. How do I get my Ukonvasara to show up?
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-07 14:31:46  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Yeah, so, I don't want Guildwork. I don't want to install Guildwork and delete it, I don't want anything to do with third party applications. How do I get my Ukonvasara to show up?
Easy answer. You can't and you won't.

You have to wait until the OFFICIAL linkshell community website actually adds or updates things, and seeing that we STILL can't see captain ranks and several new pieces of equipment... have fun waiting because of your stubbornness to take 5 minutes out of your day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-07 14:45:01  
My stubbornness has outlasted most things, and is the reason I've got an Ukon in the first place, so it's pretty inconsequential at this point.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16