フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Atmas for DRK
Atmas for DRK
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-21 16:00:53  
Just curious as too what Atmas you folks would use for DRK? I got three lunar abyssites so makes things better for me. I was going to go for MM-VV and not sure what for third, triple attack maybe? or an HP+?
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-12-21 16:26:42  
Kind of in the same pinch myself on Drg, just got my 3rd last night. So used to just VV and RR having a 3rd is strange. I've just been using the one with triple atk and atk+, think it's called alpha and omega or something like that.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-21 16:31:44  
RR/VV/GH.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2010-12-21 16:55:20  
rr vv griffins claw is fun times
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-21 17:00:25  
Alpha and Omega is nice..I don't know if its better than GH tho.
 Caitsith.Xiong
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-12-21 17:22:41  
From the testing I've done, for DRK I find Plague, Apocalypse, Razed Ruins works out well ^^
 Leviathan.Mikeh
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-12-21 17:26:18  
I use RR/VV/Apoc
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-12-21 18:24:33  
Leviathan.Mikeh said:
I use RR/VV/Apoc

This
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-12-22 05:51:16  
I have Stout Arm and just got RR the other night, haven't had a chance to play around with them yet. I'm still fairly new to acquiring atmas, so I'm curious as to what some good combos are too.

How about Griffin Claw? Doesn't' that grant a big bonus to GS/Scythe skill? That looks like it'd be a pretty nice third atma.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-22 06:10:27  
Cerberus.Rayik said:
I have Stout Arm and just got RR the other night, haven't had a chance to play around with them yet. I'm still fairly new to acquiring atmas, so I'm curious as to what some good combos are too.

How about Griffin Claw? Doesn't' that grant a big bonus to GS/Scythe skill? That looks like it'd be a pretty nice third atma.

It seems like a fun atma, but I think Gradd said it only gave him +10 to each skill =/
Pretty sure apoc does better.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-23 03:45:06  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:

It seems like a fun atma, but I think Gradd said it only gave him +10 to each skill =/
Pretty sure apoc does better.

Yea its only 10 Skill~ I thought it was 30 at first but I was really drunk when I first got the atma and not paying attention, go drunk Marines! Kirschy was kind enough to correct me when I was talking to her about the Atma ^^'.

When I am using scythe I will RR VV and Griffon's Claw, I like the 20% more Damage, 30% increase with my 10% scythe, its quite nice I definatley notice a bigger increase in Guillotine Damage.

When I am using Great Sword (Caladbolg) I use RR VV and Plague Bringer so I can push it into a 6-hit. Really impresses me, and builds TP several times Faster than a Apoc DRK if you are cap'ing haste its quite nice~ Completley destroys a 5-hit Apoc Build aswell in terms of building to 100 in terms of speed.

Hoping to get my Caladbolg to 85 next week, gonna be burning through Heqet and CC like crazy.
 Valefor.Setsugekka
サーバ: Valefor
user: Nameless
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2010-12-23 14:38:22  
Hmmm... with Caladbolg I might go with RR (nothing gives you more than this atma, so even though our ws can't critical, it still adds a junk load of DoT to our overall damage), Plague Bringer (20 stp is great for 6 hitting this weapon, 5% DA is just icing on the cake), and Griffon's Claw (20% bonus to WS damage is pretty big, considering the majority of our damage will come from WS with a 6 hit, not to mention some GS skill can't hurt, it is 10 attack and some accuracy which we might need).

The reason I would go with GC over VV is that with PB, you really wouldn't need the 2tp/3sec from VV for 6 hit. All you need is 32 store tp, which is easily achievable. Second of all, 50 str is good, but how much will it add to our damage other than the 37.5 att it gives? With cruor buff, you are probably going to cap fstr easily with gears, and since the WS has no STR mod, that 50 str is really just 37.5 attack after caping fstr. So would 37.5 attack and 5% DA top 10 attack 9 accuracy and 20% WS damage? It would be close, but I would be more comfortable with CG giving meditate and all other factors that will result in more WS frequency.
 Valefor.Setsugekka
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2010-12-23 14:49:20  
Or, you can go with a 48 store tp build (rose, rajas, brutal, white tathlum, hoard ring, ace's boots, goading belt, tactical mantle etc etc), and rely on VV atma for a 6 hit build instead of going with PB, and use some else like apoc or GH or smithing blow.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2010-12-23 15:18:06  
is this what people are going for as far as caladbolg tp? This is what i have been shooting for so far.

also: *** campaign, never liked it so never really did it and now i need a rose strap, yay.

edit: i plan on using rr vv and apoc, griffins claw is awesome, but apoc is just too usable to give up for a little more damage.

Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-23 15:20:41  
Ace's Hose.
also, Bale Earring.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2010-12-23 15:31:38  
good call on earring, slipped my mind how awesome that thing is, and is .25% haste on that last % really worth -10acc? yes i know lolacc nowadays.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-23 15:33:34  
I don't think the acc- would be an issue unless you're fighting Ketea or generic evasive abyssea mobs.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2010-12-23 15:36:56  
eh, ill add ace's to my list, but its not top priority atm, lol
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-23 18:54:22  
Apparently the level 90 Relics got a boost in WS dmg~

Cata got a 35% increase in damage(finally better than Guillotine yay), thats a 55% boost if you add Griffon's claw with it kinda what I was hoping for, they just need to increase the Deals double damage proc now, to something higher than 5%, Empyrean WS having that as their Aftermath really makes it unfair IMO.

Altho Ragnarok is more than Likely superior to Apoc at the moment, Stronger DPS and similar WS dmg favors Rag with both cap'ing haste. They need to change Apocs AM to JA haste or something, would definatley give it the Edge it deserves. Playing around with Apoc just isnt as fun as it used to be pre abyssea in terms of haste :/

Mythics got a 15% increase in WS damage and the aftermath seems to of gotten a boost, Relic AM is the same tho~

Also if anyone cares this is my Caladbolg TP set at the moment~

I don't have +2 head/body quite yet, planning to finish both next week during break, and +2 hands would let me use a STR or DEX ring during my TP phase instead of Blitz.

Inside of Abyssea it nets me a perfect 6-hit using Plaguebringer, outside I have to use White tathlum to maintain my 7-hit and WS in w/e I want.
[+]
 Valefor.Setsugekka
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2010-12-24 10:17:20  
how would moonshade earring with regain change the build? I was thinking about doing either that and make it a TP piece, or use attila's (I have one with decent augment), and do the tp bonus +25 for WS. Regain with high haste is not very good, but I would think only 1 or 2 tick is enough to make it a perm 7 hit without using white tathlum outside abyssea. Thoughts?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-24 10:31:19  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Cata got a 35% increase in damage(finally better than Guillotine yay), thats a 55% boost if you add Griffon's claw with it kinda what I was hoping for, they just need to increase the Deals double damage proc now, to something higher than 5%, Empyrean WS having that as their Aftermath really makes it unfair IMO.

Altho Ragnarok is more than Likely superior to Apoc at the moment, Stronger DPS and similar WS dmg favors Rag with both cap'ing haste. They need to change Apocs AM to JA haste or something, would definatley give it the Edge it deserves. Playing around with Apoc just isnt as fun as it used to be pre abyssea in terms of haste :/

Mythics got a 15% increase in WS damage and the aftermath seems to of gotten a boost, Relic AM is the same tho~

I don't have +2 head/body quite yet, planning to finish both next week during break, and +2 hands would let me use a STR or DEX ring during my TP phase instead of Blitz.

Inside of Abyssea it nets me a perfect 6-hit using Plaguebringer, outside I have to use White tathlum to maintain my 7-hit and WS in w/e I want.

Now we're talking! And I'm sure it'll only get better at 99 for both Relics and Mythics.

Nice build you got there btw <_<'
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-25 01:59:15  
Valefor.Setsugekka said:
how would moonshade earring with regain change the build? I was thinking about doing either that and make it a TP piece, or use attila's (I have one with decent augment), and do the tp bonus +25 for WS. Regain with high haste is not very good, but I would think only 1 or 2 tick is enough to make it a perm 7 hit without using white tathlum outside abyssea. Thoughts?

When I dont use White tathlum outside of abyssea I will end up with 99.7 TP after WS(Only Weaponskilling in Brutal/rajas in terms of STP Gear) and reaching my X-hit, So yea the Regain from the earring would be enough to let you TP in a better ammo piece.

But honestly id rather Give up the Ammo slot Vs. the Earring, Correct me if im wrong but the TP bonus augment should be the better option for a Single hit WS like Torcleaver.

Redoing the math I noticed White Tat is actually 1 STP more than I actually need and I could just use Attila's earring Mine has an ACC augment on it, woot ACC~ lulz, you can spam and get DEX/STR augmented on it aswell I had a few +1 STR/DEX ones till I said screw it and settled for 2 ACC, I wanted 2 STR/DEX D:
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-25 02:00:13  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Now we're talking! And I'm sure it'll only get better at 99 for both Relics and Mythics.

Nice build you got there btw <_<'

Honestly hoping they get buffed even further, being as hard as it is to make a Relic Vs. a Empyrean they should be the superior weapon, I still want to work on Ragnarok Eventually~
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-25 02:30:00  
Man, for some reason I just really like Caladbolg's Menu Icon.

Without Goading, I'll probably be better off settling on an 8Hit out of Abyssea, though you can get away with that a bit more since that Occ2x DMG proc's so much. I suppose I could get a Tactical Mantle Rose Strap, White Tathlum.

Edited for derptitude.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-25 04:10:39  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Man, for some reason I just really like Caladbolg's Menu Icon.

Without Goading, I'll probably be better off settling on an 8Hit out of Abyssea, though you can get away with that a bit more since that Occ2x DMG proc's so much. I suppose I could get a Tactical Mantle Rose Strap, White Tathlum.

Edited for derptitude.

Honestly dude 7-hit for a 430 delay was possible pre abyssea, and was part of the reason WHY so many Rag drks where so god damn *** aweful, if somebody cant push a 7-hit now I really dont have much remorse when rating them down.

If you are planning to finish caladbolg there isnt really any kind of an excuse to muster for not 7-hitting the weapon outside of abyssea :/ Inside abyssea I push it into a 6-hit~

Even That STP ring is a very good option if you dont have a rose strap or goading belt, Ace's Sabs id hope you would have they are a 100% drop! Pushing a 7-hit >>> Blitz Ring. Its a slightly inferior build but a 7-hit none the less. Tactical mantle is also a very good choice and very easy to get. Altho i would say the same about Goading belt~ Was very very easy for me to get mine. I fell cleave burned myself 4 Lacovie pops and just had friends help me kill for my belt, did the same thing for my Timarli Dastanas. 1 WAR and 1 WHM is all you need for massive gold chest farming for boss pops~ Altho I have the luxary of 2boxing myself and Mankey~

Also you dont even need a White Tathlum if you were to use that STP +4 ring, could just do Attila's/Chiv Chain.

I hope that helps out some, wanted to just put that out there for you.

Edit:

decided to add what the gear set would look like for you, if you chose to use hoard Ring.

26% haste and just enough STP to let you WS in w/e the hell you want, even added your sash in there for you!

But yea you are more than capable of reaching a 7-hit w/out Rose strap or Goading Belt.
 Valefor.Setsugekka
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2010-12-25 05:10:03  
Could probably 6 hit outside abyssea but will sacrifice haste from body. I have pretty much everything set up for the weapon, just matter of getting it. Can't wait.

Also need to get my moonshade earring and snow belt (won't worry about it when I am on my 85-90 trial.... I heard the NM is hell... sigh).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [181 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-06-24 04:19:45  
Ok so I just recently got back into the game and was wondering what were teh best atmas for drk(scythe). I didn't want to make a new thread ::
 Bismarck.Touvan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2011-06-24 04:23:28  
RR/VV/Apoc /thread
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-24 04:39:34  
Bismarck.Touvan said:
RR/VV/Apoc /thread

Were it so easy...

For the most part, yeah, that setup is amazing. But in some instances, it's not the best.

Some Dark Knights swear by Alpha&Omega, Apocalypse and Razed Ruins. Personally, I never liked the Alpha and Omega atma. If I were to switch something out for Voracious Violet, it'd probably be Griffon's Claw.

Anyway, there's some niche atma combos you shouldn't really dismiss.

/THF for example, you might do better with Razed Ruins, Sanguine Scythe and Apocalypse.

If you are only attacking with weapon skills, Sea Daughter, Voracious Violet and Smiting Blow provide an amazing 8TP-tic regain, letting you weapon skill about once every thirty seconds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2011-06-24 11:34:56  
Griffons Claw is a horrible atma and should only be used if all you care about is your weapon skill damage.

Razed Ruins, Sanguine Scythe and Apocalypse is an awesome combo and works well with any sub. (shouldn't be /thf on drk anyways)

Odin.Zicdeh said:
If you are only attacking with weapon skills, Sea Daughter, Voracious Violet and Smiting Blow provide an amazing 8TP-tic regain, letting you weapon skill about once every thirty seconds.
People really do this?
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10