日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Torcleaver Math
Torcleaver Math
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-02 21:10:45  
Mame will kick all our *** just by existing, she stares at you and you fall over dead x:

True Story.

Hi Mame! <3
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-02 21:22:38  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Psh my blu has more att than you!!!
I know, I'm pathetic
That and I cheat. Could use higher att hands like aurum att or higher str or a vit ring over rajas. Aethling mantle. Hecatomb legs. Onyx feet.

Orly? I thought ideally this would be the best build, more less.

It's not like I own a Caladbolg but, hmmm... might as well learn
 Shiva.Ashmulder
サーバ: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2011-03-06 16:33:05  
Im having a hard time deciding what atmas give the best result for torcleaver(i don t have a parser, and for sometime nobody in my ls has been able to have one working)

Been testing with a lot of atmas (VV,RR,Apoc,MC, Smithing Blow,Griphon claw) and i have yet to find a combo that makes that much of a difference, any thoughts?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-03-06 16:53:08  
Alpha and Omega might not be a terrible idea if the -HP doesn't turn you off.
 Titan.Sonoske
サーバ: Titan
user: Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 01:33:42  
By chance anyone have any parses like in and outside of abyssea between a good Calad. DRK, and Masa. SAM? (And by good yes I dont mean those old LOLbandwagon ppls lol)

Also not tryn to troll this post for SAMs either. Just curious how they compare since I'll be working on em both and depending on results chooses the order in which theyre completed. I'm a DRK main but also like keepin my SAM pimped to shutup the bandwagon ppl lol.. Also is there any word yet on if Torcleaver and Fudo make light yet or not?
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-03-23 01:47:24  
i have a few i can dig up soonish, between me and my 2 good sam buddies. From what i remember offhand they were doing more overall damage then me in situations where i didnt feel it was safe to use souleater (er lowman a lot so its kinda tough to keep my spongey *** alive). When i could souleater it was a lot more even, this is talking outside abyssea. Inside atma's favor them a lot more heavily so they pull ahead by more.

fudo>cleaver and cleaver>fudo is light.
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 01:54:19  
KK thanks. I'm sure SAM is gonna pull ahead anyways with the 5hits and overall being SAMs WS spamming self. Just was curious how close they managed cuz if its not a huge loss between the two I'd have to side with my favorite job first, allowing me to quit using Axes to keep up with all the heavily abyssea favored jobs. And just take Masa. up second so I have that pure source of DD everywhere. XD
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 03:02:44  
Also has anyone tried out the following atma combinations with Torcleaver yet to see which comes out on top? Combinations being: VV/RR/SA, VV/RR/MC, VV/RR/AOA, MC/RR/AOA, SA/RR/AOA MC/RR/Smiting blow, or VV/RR/Smiting blow.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-23 09:41:18  
Best overall atma combo for Caladbolg is RR/Apoc/A/O. With that combo you are TAing 1/4 of the time and that allows you to spam WS and not sacrificing any DoT. -HP is annoying sometimes, so swap that out for something like VV or griffon claw.

If you are sporting a 6 hit caladbolg, VV will allow you to have less sacrifice, 10% DA and the attack from STR are just bonus. However, just remember STR from VV does you almost nothing other than the 37.5 attack it gives cuz you are gonna be capped in fstr and Torcleaver has no STR modifier. GC is just a straight up 20% up on your WS, giving a bit of accuracy and attack from the 10 GS skill. So if you want epeen number, go with GC, if you want overall effectiveness, I think VV will be slightly ahead. 10% DA, 37.5 attack, and the ease of 6 hit will probably top the 20% pure WS damage slightly.
 Titan.Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 12:20:18  
KK, was just curious if MC having its mod would work or possibly the TP bonus+150ish from smiting blow.
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-03-23 12:36:09  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Best overall atma combo for Caladbolg is RR/Apoc/A/O. With that combo you are TAing 1/4 of the time and that allows you to spam WS and not sacrificing any DoT. -HP is annoying sometimes, so swap that out for something like VV or griffon claw.

If you are sporting a 6 hit caladbolg, VV will allow you to have less sacrifice, 10% DA and the attack from STR are just bonus. However, just remember STR from VV does you almost nothing other than the 37.5 attack it gives cuz you are gonna be capped in fstr and Torcleaver has no STR modifier. GC is just a straight up 20% up on your WS, giving a bit of accuracy and attack from the 10 GS skill. So if you want epeen number, go with GC, if you want overall effectiveness, I think VV will be slightly ahead. 10% DA, 37.5 attack, and the ease of 6 hit will probably top the 20% pure WS damage slightly.

6hit is not reasonable inside of abyssea without a STP atma and for that the best one is Plaugebringer. still gunna shout plaugebringer Apoc RR best for cala
By Wafflechan 2011-03-23 12:38:40  

This would be my Torcleaver set up with Gnarled Horn, Smiting Blow, and Plaguebringer atmas. Because I freakin rock at drk.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-23 12:47:36  
Wafflechan said:
This would be my Torcleaver set up with Gnarled Horn, Smiting Blow, and Plaguebringer atmas. Because I freakin rock at drk.
You gotta admit, this looks awesome.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-23 12:51:52  
Wafflechan said:

Good grief, Charlie Brown...
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-23 12:52:46  
Wafflechan said:
Wafflechan said:
You gotta admit, this looks awesome.

ASURA!!!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-23 13:01:08  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Best overall atma combo for Caladbolg is RR/Apoc/A/O. With that combo you are TAing 1/4 of the time and that allows you to spam WS and not sacrificing any DoT. -HP is annoying sometimes, so swap that out for something like VV or griffon claw. If you are sporting a 6 hit caladbolg, VV will allow you to have less sacrifice, 10% DA and the attack from STR are just bonus. However, just remember STR from VV does you almost nothing other than the 37.5 attack it gives cuz you are gonna be capped in fstr and Torcleaver has no STR modifier. GC is just a straight up 20% up on your WS, giving a bit of accuracy and attack from the 10 GS skill. So if you want epeen number, go with GC, if you want overall effectiveness, I think VV will be slightly ahead. 10% DA, 37.5 attack, and the ease of 6 hit will probably top the 20% pure WS damage slightly.
6hit is not reasonable inside of abyssea without a STP atma and for that the best one is Plaugebringer. still gunna shout plaugebringer Apoc RR best for cala
I think Scorpion Queen Compliments Razed Ruins more than plaguebringer.

I normally use VV/RR/AoA inside abyssea for low man because I'm expected to proc a bajillion reds and blues while staying outside WS range. IF (big if) i were just there only for DD and for some reason not on DRG, I would likely agree with returner's choices.

/2cents
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-03-23 13:16:33  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Best overall atma combo for Caladbolg is RR/Apoc/A/O. With that combo you are TAing 1/4 of the time and that allows you to spam WS and not sacrificing any DoT. -HP is annoying sometimes, so swap that out for something like VV or griffon claw. If you are sporting a 6 hit caladbolg, VV will allow you to have less sacrifice, 10% DA and the attack from STR are just bonus. However, just remember STR from VV does you almost nothing other than the 37.5 attack it gives cuz you are gonna be capped in fstr and Torcleaver has no STR modifier. GC is just a straight up 20% up on your WS, giving a bit of accuracy and attack from the 10 GS skill. So if you want epeen number, go with GC, if you want overall effectiveness, I think VV will be slightly ahead. 10% DA, 37.5 attack, and the ease of 6 hit will probably top the 20% pure WS damage slightly.
I think Scorpion Queen Compliments Razed Ruins more than plaguebringer.

I normally use VV/RR/AoA inside abyssea for low man because I'm expected to proc a bajillion reds and blues while staying outside WS range. IF (big if) i were just there only for DD and for some reason not on DRG, I would likely agree with returner's choices.

/2cents

yeah the crit rate would be nice for TPing i guess i just like the DA more for no idea why
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-03-23 14:01:07  
VV/RR/MC - when i am by myself or with another DD killing exp mobs for w/e reason.

VV/RR/Apoc - catchall, procing, events, big NM's ect,

thats.....all i use atm, lol

oh and here are my sets atm.

TP

WS
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-23 14:40:05  
I've been bored while the servers are down, and so I came up with a nice 6hit set for Espafut +2. 26 sTP plus Samurai sub for a total of 41 sTP works out to 17.3 TP per hit.

and for WS you don't need very much sTP to keep the 6hit. With 5 sTP in gear and 15 from Samurai sub, you'll get 14.6 TP per hit with this setup.

You could probably trade out the Bale Earring for a 25% TP Bonus Moonshade, and Twilight Body for Ares's Cuirass. Maybe even Ares's Gauntlets and Ares's Sollerets over Heafoc Mitts and Bale Sollerets +2, but that's if you want to go VIT crazy.
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-23 16:35:19  
The thing with PB or SQ is that the sacrifice you give to have a 6 hit build from gear is likely not as big of a sacrifice as you would when you sacrifice GC atma or VV atma for PB or SQ. With VV's regen, your sacrifice in gear for a 6 hit is likely very minimal (depends on your haste support, but even 1 or 2 ticks will save you a bunch of STP gears), and the 10% DA just about even with PB's or SQ's critical hit rate. And on top of that you are getting 37.5 attack. Depends on how much sacrifice in gear after accounting for VV's regen, that 37.5 attack might and will be the difference.

If you are comparing A/O with PB or SQ, there is no comparison. The 10% TA and the attack boost is just that much better than PB or SQ that even with the gear sacrifice for 6 hit, you are likely be better off.

Comparing with GC, going from 7 hit to 6 hit is a 20% gain in WS rate, which is the equivalent of gaining 20% in WS damage. So you are right, GC is far less effective compare to either PB or SQ.

The problem with critical rate is that it only helps you during TP phase. While DA helps only a little for Torcleaver, it is still a more effective trait than critical hit. So I would take PB over SQ as well. Stacking critical hit rate doesn't have the added effect like stacking haste, so what you see is what you get, there really isn't any bonus from stacking it with RR, nor does stacking with RR makes it better than DA of the same %. If you really want to nitpick, you can say that DA benefits from endark more, but it is really a small amount of the damage so, just saying DA is the better of the two.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Anookulchandra 2011-04-16 14:18:32  
Hmm.... just a thought, but for inside abyssea... Atma of the GC? 2h WS dmg+ Major? I have been pondering for a while now since I'm getting close to my caladbolg myself. And thanks for all you guys who posted something useful. I'm also guessing that for outside abyssea for body is ares. Inside Twilight body since you should be capped on attack depending on mob as some nms you won't. (which means I now have to go and get an ares body ; ;)
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-20 21:32:22  
Just wanted to double check something. Snow gorget/belt and Light gorget/belt work for this ws?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-05-29 13:11:56  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
You have an Apocalypse so those days can't be too foreign to you.

Changing gear has little relevance here as most of the ***inside Abyssea doesn't have an obscene amount of VIT, and nothing outside Abyssea is even worth mentioning at this point.

It was never better to ignore your weaponskill's modifier (multihit skills with weak mods like Asuran Fists notwithstanding).

Voidwatch NMs:
1. Worth Mentioning
2. Not in abyssea

lulwhut?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-29 13:33:37  
39 days between previous and next post
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-05-29 14:18:43  
Asura.Patriclis said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
You have an Apocalypse so those days can't be too foreign to you.

Changing gear has little relevance here as most of the ***inside Abyssea doesn't have an obscene amount of VIT, and nothing outside Abyssea is even worth mentioning at this point.

It was never better to ignore your weaponskill's modifier (multihit skills with weak mods like Asuran Fists notwithstanding).

Voidwatch NMs:
1. Worth Mentioning
2. Not in abyssea

lulwhut?
ABYSSEA4LIFE