you bring great shame to scottish people :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-13 18:45:42  
Bismarck.Onmitsu said:
My current Jishnu build is pretty solid (I have most permutations of just about everything being suggested here.), but I was curious does the atma of the griffon's claw work for jishnu's or does it only work for the 2 handed weapon equipped?
GC works on any ws as long as you have a 2 hand weapon equipped. It's just often not worth it unless brewing over other atmas. This case though maybe
By Harro 2011-05-14 12:34:51  

This is what im looking at for jishnu. Cant tell if +2 pants, gatta strap+1, and terebullum would be better than what i have posted. Any ideas?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 17:10:36  
+2 pants if in range and the haidate aren't augmented with something useful. Terebellum probably better. Brave should win even if fstr2 is uncapped.

Should try dual weilding augmented yata's
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2011-05-14 17:18:35  
Got a 3% crit damage increase on the B hadiates for this ws. Out of curiosity how much is the damage buff on GC atma? I know its major, but is it a % increase?
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2011-05-14 17:24:11  
This may be a really dumb question as well. Doesn't the 10% increase in damage from the af3+2 body outweigh the +5 crit damage and the dex on the lokis? Or is the Velocity shout bonus only for normal shots and not active on the ws?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-05-14 17:25:58  
Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said:
This may be a really dumb question as well. Doesn't the 10% increase in damage from the af3+2 body outweigh the +5 crit damage and the dex on the lokis? Or is the Velocity shout bonus only for normal shots and not active on the ws?

It's not a 10% increase in damage to my knowledge..just an increase in attack.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2011-05-14 17:26:48  
Yeah i just realized what I was saying and was way off base.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-14 17:32:17  
Got a 3% crit damage increase on the B hadiates for this ws. Out of curiosity how much is the damage buff on GC atma? I know its major, but is it a % increase?
I believe it was tested as 20% but I can't find the info atm.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 18:19:53  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
I believe it was tested as 20% but I can't find the info atm.
It is 20%. It should be on wiki and I've tested it myself with magical ranged ws for more consistancy.

Also now that I think about it this update might change gearing/atmaing choices slightly. The +crit dmg cap is +100% now but dead aim gives +40% by itself. This will devalue +crit dmg some and increase +crit rate some.
 Titan.Darovik
サーバ: Titan
user: Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-05-20 17:47:59  
Just augmented my Byakkos and got agil+6 stp+3 crit dmg+4%. So what do you guys think- stay with afv3+2 or switch to Byakkos now for Jishnu? Wondering for inside and out. I need more scraps to get rid of that agil and try for ratt/str or dex.

Heres my current ws set:

Also finished 90 Gandiva today so add +15 dex to that total. Thanks to everyone who helped!
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-06-14 01:34:32  
Can anyone tell me if Pipilaka Belt or Light Belt is better? And was there a definitive answer (I know, shits situational...) on back pieces post update? Terebellum Mantle, Cavaros Mantle, or Vigilance Mantle?

Asking for my set:

Haidate augmented with crit damage+4%
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-06-14 04:16:12  
id stick with the light belt for almost all purposes, atleast for inside abyssea, for back, since the crit hit dmg+ cap was raised, cavaros shines even more since you wont go over the cap(but that can depend on atmas and stuff too, you can hit that cap at 100%) and usually people focus on maximizing crit hit damage+ first. outside aby its alot different, id still stick with the light belt(but thats imo, i have no math for you~) backpieces outside, terebellum for low pdif, vigil for higher pdif, cavaros for max spike damage.(only part i feel a bit unsure about is cavaros vs the other mantles when outside) im no mathmatician, so anyone who wants to run numbers feel free!
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-06-14 04:40:33  
I would assume that you're using sanguine scythe and razed ruins inside abyssea? If so, your crit damage is already capped. Loki's, cavaros mantle etc. will have no effect other than stat bonuses. Math is 40 from dead aim, 30 from rr, and 30 from sanguine scythe capping at 100. Using those crit damage daggers is useless as well.

Outside abyssea, crit hit rate always outperforms crit hit damage for obvious reasons. That should answer your leg question.
 Lakshmi.Lyonard
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lyonard
By Lakshmi.Lyonard 2011-06-17 02:12:07  
i was thinking to use something like this outside abyssea:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/218683

do you think this could be improved in any way? :)

P.s. sorry i don't know how to post the equipment here ;-;
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-17 02:24:20  
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-06-21 14:19:01  

Getting anywhere from 2.5k to 8.9k so far, just got it this morning. /SAM using Razed Ruin, Sanguine Scythe, Stout Arm. Aftermath crit up to 2.5k and Barrage highest so far of 5006. Lovin' it.
[+]
By funstealer 2011-06-28 14:14:00  
your all doing it wrong

*** the ws set just get 300tp and ws in ur tp gear for ***damage and let ur occ DoT do all the damage thats where its at. ur weaponskill for mass damage is alot of hate build up for no reason
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-06-28 19:43:53  
Ragnarok.Matix said:
id stick with the light belt for almost all purposes, atleast for inside abyssea, for back, since the crit hit dmg+ cap was raised, cavaros shines even more since you wont go over the cap(but that can depend on atmas and stuff too, you can hit that cap at 100%) and usually people focus on maximizing crit hit damage+ first. outside aby its alot different, id still stick with the light belt(but thats imo, i have no math for you~) backpieces outside, terebellum for low pdif, vigil for higher pdif, cavaros for max spike damage.(only part i feel a bit unsure about is cavaros vs the other mantles when outside) im no mathmatician, so anyone who wants to run numbers feel free!

Since your crit damage+ is going to be so high already, even if it ISN'T capped, Terebellum will be the best cape by far. Crit damage and ranged attack both have decreasing returns, but we don't have a ranged attack+30% atma. And outside of Abyssea, using gear that solely depends on landing a crit is silly. The only realistic scenario it won't win is when pdif is capped. Not worth comparing it to Vigil either.

That being said, since DEX+ is so high in Abyssea, as well as RNG's fSTR and Gandiva's DMG (mod is ADDED to DMG and fSTR before it's multiplied by pdif and fTP, making any addition to those not actually as big as it seems), ranged attack will pretty much always be better in each slot than any DEX. The only time I'd take something other than ratk would be fTP (flame/light gorget/belt).

Outside of Abyssea, stacking DEX is ideal since it's not just a modifier, but helps crit rate. Inside, it's near worthless.

Basically, in Abyssea
fTP > ranged attack > crit dmg > crit rate > DEX > STR

Outside
fTP > DEX > crit rate > ranged attack > STR > crit dmg

My general rule-of-thumb, although it honestly depends on how much of what you're comparing. My "outside" guideline is probably debatable though, I just BS'd it D:
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-28 19:51:08  
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Ragnarok.Matix said:

Since your crit rate+ is going to be so high already, even if it ISN'T capped, Terebellum will be the best cape by far. Not worth comparing it to Vigil either. The only realistic scenario it won't win is when pdif is capped.

That being said, since DEX+ is so high in Abyssea, as well as RNG's fSTR and Gandiva's DMG (mod is ADDED to DMG and fSTR before it's multiplied by pdif and fTP, making any addition to those not actually as big as it seems), ranged attack will pretty much always be better in each slot than any DEX. The only time I'd take something other than ratk would be fTP (flame/light gorget/belt).

Outside of Abyssea, stacking DEX is ideal since it's not just a modifier, but helps crit rate. Inside, it's near worthless.

Stacking a 60% mod is useless now?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-06-28 19:58:28  
When you have 200 DEX and it's being added to another 131 for fSTR + level 85 Gandiva, six DEX on your feet doesn't really seem like that much.

Edit: or rather 3.6 being added to a 120 mod, added to 131, my bad.

Edit: And duh, forgot the ammo, so it's 3 or 4 being added to ~292.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-28 20:03:45  
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
When you have 200 DEX and it's being added to another 131 for fSTR+ level 85 Gandiva, six DEX on your feet doesn't really seem like that much.

Edit: or rather 3.6 being added to a 120 mod, added to 131, my bad.
WS mods don't cap out, though. :<
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-06-28 20:09:45  
Right, so if you're hitting pdif cap, then use whatever else, but personally I haven't had a BRD or COR in my party in the past couple years, and I only use RNG on NMs (just kidding, I never get to use RNG, and even if I do, it's not WAR sub).

Generally that statement is used when saying mod>STR, since you get so much STR in Abyssea. You don't get attack+ in Abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-07-01 00:20:40  
So is Gatta +1 better then Claymore?

Nor can I find the recipe for Gatta anywhere.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-01 00:21:24  
Claymore doesn't affect ranged attacks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-24 11:57:11  
So I see alot of people using sanguine scythe but then also stacking crit dmg+ gear. Doesnt RR+SS+Dead aim put you 30+30+40= 100% bonus? So all this crit damage gear is adding nothing? Question is then is it worth reworking some crit dmg gear or dropping sanguine scythe for another atma.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-24 11:59:42  
RR+Dead Aim+Auged Daggers+Lokis+AugedByakko+anwig is

30+40+12+5+4+2 = 95% which seeems close enough to put in stout arm over SS, although of couse this requires /nin or /dnc. /sam Sanguine scythe still adds +11% crit damage and stuff gets more complicated.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-07-24 18:41:13  
/SAM - Sanguine/Razed/Stout, Jishnu's Radiance in critical hit rate+/ranged attack gear. At least that's what I do, save for Light Belt and Anwig Salade.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-24 18:59:40  
Traditionally, I choose GH over SS. 25% from ddex, 30% from rr, MAX 15% from 100% tp so... 70% - your chances of getting 3/3 crits is .7^3= 34%. Adding GH to that is .9^3= 73%. So just looking at this information, you'll double your chance of doing "maximum" damage - letting you make your own "conclusions" about this. I'll see if I can bust out my matlab or mathematica tonight, but I think 20% crit rate would easily outdo 20% crit damage on these multi-hit WS's - it's like people choosing accuracy over every other stat for asuran.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-07-24 19:09:43  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Traditionally, I choose GH over SS. 25% from ddex, 30% from rr, MAX 15% from 100% tp so... 70% - your chances of getting 3/3 crits is .7^3= 34%. Adding GH to that is .9^3= 73%. So just looking at this information, you'll double your chance of doing "maximum" damage - letting you make your own "conclusions" about this. I'll see if I can bust out my matlab or mathematica tonight, but I think 20% crit rate would easily outdo 20% crit damage on these multi-hit WS's - it's like people choosing accuracy over every other stat for asuran.

Going to have to try this out tomorrow, definitely makes sense. What's your damage look like for Jishnu's?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23