フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Jishnu's Radiance Build
Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23
 Bismarck.Lilinett
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: kidmavado
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-18 09:53:14  
ok.... enough crap someone please put up the best weaponskill set / tp set for inside abyssea and outside abyssea plus best atma combination for big numbers in abyssea i dont give a damn about anything less than big numbers i read the whole thread and everyone keep saying what they have, put up the best sets already. thank you kindly.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-18 10:17:04  
still working on best set, but atmas for single shot damage are SS, RR, and GH. they maximize your crit rate and crit damage bonus. While its not the super 10K plus numbers on XP mobs, i hit both the dvergr NMs in Vunk [A] with 8400+, with /war, zerk up, and eating RCB. here is what i use currently

maintains my /war 5-hit. Obvious improvements are Hachiryu Gloves, and a Dex+7 ring. I use carabineers dagger to make Fencer kick in as /war (5% crit rate and +40 TP bonus) and it has equal stats to Vulcans Staff.
By oncura 2011-09-18 16:36:15  
i've been watching this topic forever waiting for a true awnser as to whats best in and out, and atmas that are best (situation?) and nothing. i dunno how to post pics of gear sets or i'd post my inside and outside aby sets for at least advice but, i think inside aby im usually hitting 6k lows with 10k highs, most often in the 8000 range tho. and i use for atma's, rr, ss, sd..i think or it was rr gh ss (sometimes sd > 1 the other 2) i dont play rng enough to remember
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-09-18 16:39:36  
You can build a gear set via your profile under "Item Sets" and it gives you the code at the bottom of the page. If you want you could PM me the gear and I can build it for you and post.

Still haven't seen a decent set for outside Abyssea yet...
By oncura 2011-09-18 16:52:05  
Phoenix.Oumura said: »
You can build a gear set via your profile under "Item Sets" and it gives you the code at the bottom of the page. If you want you could PM me the gear and I can build it for you and post.

Still haven't seen a decent set for outside Abyssea yet...

oh well if its that easy i can do that, i recently had my gear sets up but was embarrassed so i deleted all but my tp set... so heres what i got, they are embarrasing, my outside aby dmg is random at best to, like 2.5k-4k in voidwatch and it was like 5k on ks99 wyrm.

so heres what i got

haidatte has like +3crit hit dmg, and stp i think, i 4get. the str earrings are only cuz im to stingy to buy dex still, and ive been trying by switching legs with af3+2, and back with cavaros, thundersoul with pyrosoul, but i suck at testing stuffs through eyeballing. any advice be appriciated

ninja edit, i also have tried jupiters > vulcans btw
 Carbuncle.Samir
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-09-18 17:00:05  
2 Questions that come into my mind.

would Yataghan Daggers with Crit-Dmg+ Auguments affect Ranged Attacks? or does it only apply to the dagger itself?

And would Vigilance Mantle +1 (STR/DEX +5) be an option as back piece? Or maybe Cavaros Mantle (Crit DMG +3 %)?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-18 17:06:04  
Critdmg on weapons affects all attacks, from any hand and from /ra as well. Cavaros isn't a very strong option, I'd guess Terebellum beats Vigilance +1 too.

EDIT: I'd be completely unsurprised if some of these sets are extremely light on racc for new content outside Abyssea.
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-09-18 17:12:10  
So Dual-Wielding two Yataghan with crit dmg+ auguments would actually be pretty hot for Jishnus?
Carbineer Dagger/Yata sounds nice too, consdidering you sub nin.
By oncura 2011-09-18 17:12:37  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
EDIT: I'd be completely unsurprised if some of these sets are extremely light on racc for new content outside Abyssea.

thats y on higher mobs i often use af3+2 shoes, and an arewe ring =1 > thundersoul, or just throw on good ol seiryu's
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-18 17:45:38  
Carbuncle.Samir said: »
So Dual-Wielding two Yataghan with crit dmg+ auguments would actually be pretty hot for Jishnus?

But subbing ninja, you lose out on the Attack Bonus job trait and Berserk/Warcry. Plus again, if you are using just a one hand weapon as /war, you gain the benefit of Fencer. A crit damage+6 Yata should beat out Carabineers, but I haven't had the time to test it yet.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-09-18 18:03:01  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

But subbing ninja, you lose out on the Attack Bonus job trait and Berserk/Warcry. Plus again, if you are using just a one hand weapon as /war, you gain the benefit of Fencer. A crit damage+6 Yata should beat out Carabineers, but I haven't had the time to test it yet.
o.O Snprphnx!!! Long-time, no see! Been, what, 4-5 years? Maybe more... <<<< Maestor, btw, on Bismark, btw
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-18 21:51:04  
I just got the trials done for this and was wondering, How good is Pipilaka belt and Nifty Mantle? Dont have light belt yet nor that back.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-18 22:04:14  
Why is this thread like nothing but inside abyssea information x_x

I can't think of a reason I'd ever play rng inside abyssea besides proccing durning piercing with a thf <_<

Should be gearing your rng for OUTSIDE abyssea. I want some outside sets for jishnu's~

I was thinking something like this..not really done yet or fully researched though. Not sure if I need loki's on to keep 5 hit as /sam etc

3% crit 3 store TP on seiryu's, 4 str 4 agi 2% WS dmg 15 WSACC on helm.

Bellona's ring would probably be better than thundersoul, can't think of a good 2nd earring(I don't like pixie tbh) :/
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-18 22:14:42  
Ranger has Accuracy Bonus V (prob VI very soon) So I highly doubt you will need to put much more Acc into your WS set for outside of abyssea.

Ranger can not wear Warwolf belt.

Hollow is a good 2nd earring if you want some acc in your set though.
By Xenshi 2011-09-18 22:21:30  
Truth is your set for inside/outide abby shouldn't change too too much and it depends on what you fight. I usually do Voidwatch NMs and anyone that has ever done them knows they have stupid high evasion. Food helps a bit but just that. Other than that, there's almost nothing to use RNG on. I love RNG just as much as anyone here but 75% of the time it's in abby for killing things alot faster /sam for crazy damage and sekkanoki. Now as for the /war thing and people saying 10k+ to normal exp mobs idk. My personal high is 7800+ on most normal exp mobs and 5200 on some NMs. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or what, but i don't use food a whole lot and highly doubt if RCB makes a 2200 dmg difference. Usual atma combos are SS, RR and GH. I do have a SS of the damage if anyone wants to see but I'm a dunce and can't figure out how to post >.>. Please if you have one of those uber damage pics, please post it and gear set so i can rework my set.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-18 22:24:28  
If you're really worried about acc outside of abyssea, id assume light belt would be best anyways.

Didnt see it before but Gatta Strap +1 over Uther grip.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-18 22:27:43  
Ranger shouldn't have any acc issues with so many acc bonus traits.

Quote:
Other than that, there's almost nothing to use RNG on

This is exactly why I don't understand all the inside abyssea sets, RNG serves very very little purpose there. It's great on VW(the future of FFXI) though, which is why we should be posting our outside gear sets.
By Xenshi 2011-09-18 22:44:26  
I'm curious as to what else outside abby people use rng on then. If I like a job I want to play it as often as possible. 90% of all the so called "events" that linkshells used to do require a tank, be it pld, nin, or mnk, a healer, usually some TH and maybe a melee if you like outside abby. Would anyone disagree with me. Might not be the fastest but it can get done, Oddly enough, it's the same inside abby too, go figure that. Rng isn't "needed" anywhere anymore which saddens me. But I'm not going to deny the truth. And for VW, the vampire, tonberry and pixie have super high evasion no matter what job you're on. Rng is nice to have for it but most of the time a fudo sam and ukon war is the way to go. Sorry but it's the truth.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-18 22:49:45  
Ukon war and fudo sam can't cover marks and archery procs.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-09-18 23:05:25  
we always used RNGs for Odin's chamber, i would imagine they are still good for that
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-18 23:08:42  
RNG are good for nothing expect pulling the mob away from dedicated tanks so the ***runs everywhere.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-18 23:15:28  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
we always used RNGs for Odin's chamber, i would imagine they are still good for that
The only DD you need for Odin is a NIN.

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Ukon war and fudo sam can't cover marks and archery procs.
hmm

EDIT: yes, I'm aware it's a partial list. Not that many archery procs anyway and you only lose 3, not hard to cover more potential procs with SAM/RNG + a non-RNG job.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-09-18 23:16:38  
Sylph.Kiaru said: »

Quote:
Other than that, there's almost nothing to use RNG on

This is exactly why I don't understand all the inside abyssea sets, RNG serves very very little purpose there.

What a ignorant comment. Some people dont like waiting 30 minutes to pop stuff hi.

*actually edit. just realized u said that then 2 posts later said u need marks n arch procs. maybe tmw you will make up your mind
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-18 23:19:07  
Doesn't take that long to cap on blue proc drops.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-19 00:36:48  
Yes, rangers are glass cannons, able to dish out high numbers with 0 defensive capabilities. However, I cant count how many times I have seen a reckless BLM over-nuke on a T4 VWNM, pull hate and wipe the majority of the Mage brigade.

Also, if this new Trick Attack-esque /ja works like we all hope it will, the whole pulling hate issue should be greatly diminished, even after a hate reset move
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-09-19 11:32:53  
Yes, rangers are glass cannons, able to dish out high numbers with 0 defensive capabilities. However, I cant count how many times I have seen a reckless BLM over-nuke on a T4 VWNM, pull hate and wipe the majority of the Mage brigade.

Also, if this new Trick Attack-esque /ja works like we all hope it will, the whole pulling hate issue should be greatly diminished, even after a hate reset move

I wouldn't be surprised if that new thing will be a JA you can use for exactly 1 shot (kinda like THF's Trick Attack) or a JA with a 1 Min Duration on a 5 (or even more) Minutes recast-timer, insted of a JT which is always active and that would pretty much fix RNG.
 Asura.Haxetc
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-09-19 11:47:59  

I wouldn't be surprised if that new thing will be a JA you can use for exactly 1 shot (kinda like THF's Trick Attack) or a JA with a 1 Min Duration on a 5 (or even more) Minutes recast-timer, insted of a JT which is always active and that would pretty much fix RNG.
No that would break RNG . .
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-09-19 12:40:58  
Asura.Haxetc said: »

No that would break RNG . .

Would be kinda more like in reality imo. Just imagine a battlefield like 1000 years ago.
You and your army standing in front of another hundreds of sword/shield wielding soldiers and behind those others in a distance of like 100 Meters are Archers that are shooting on you as well. What are you doing? Running through all that crowd that is beating the ***out of you with axes, swords, clubs, whatever to get to the Archers and hit them?

I know, this is FFXI but well... still i think i do have a point. lol...
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-19 13:36:10  
o Ranger
+ Decoy Shot (Lv.95, Recast time: 5 minutes, Duration: 3 minutes)
Diverts enmity when launching a ranged attack from behind a party member.
*Decoy Shot activates when attacking a target that has enmity toward the ranger using it.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 22 23