Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
9679 users online

You must be logged in to do that.

フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 23131 23132 23133 23134
Offline
By Draylo 2026-09-24 19:35:50  
Its so annoying how thru most of my life I've just naturally enjoyed and loved things that were really obscure, mostly neglected. So I look at FFXI, very obscure and huge swath of opinions over decades. Then I look at Digimon and also quite obscure and it also runs into the same problem.

With things that are obscure to most of the general public, you get little sects of people within that fandom. In FFXI we have private server people vs retail, and people who used to play retail that are jaded for x reason and a lot of times this makes debates. Normally with very popular things, you dont get that as much because the general conesus is usually established and people shoot down the negative people very quickly.

Now with Digimon I'm noticing that a ton of people from Latin America, Italy and Germany are constantly across literally every American dub social media, leaving really horrible comments hating on the dub and even America itself. It really is such a weird phenomenon. I always say it but you really could write a book on this and the study behind it. What would posses someone who go out of their way to hate on something over and over. To even follow the pages for that specific dub just to crap on it anytime they post? That would be like me going to XIV forums every time something new comes out and crapping on it to bother people.

The situation is unique because people in America grew up with a completely diff version in terms of music and slight shifts in the story telling thru the voice work. These people also had changes in their versions but it was mostly kept to be very in line with the original JP version. So they act like they are monocle wearing connoisseurs of art and constantly throw crap at anyone who grew up with the America version. Its just something I hate and wish they would go away, my random thought for today.
[+]
Offline
By Draylo 2026-09-25 02:19:38  
My OG FF7 display update, no big cait sith because I essentially got scammed on it
[+]
Offline
By Dodik 2026-09-25 02:33:59  
Draylo said: »
Now with Digimon

Dubs suck, idk what's so hard to understand.

The OG Japanese voice acting is a better experience and they're being kind enough to let you know.
[+]
Offline
By Draylo 2026-09-25 03:41:15  
This was a special case. Vast majority who lived in America that was exposed to Digimon as a kid watched the dub version. There was no option for subtitled back then and nobody even knew how that worked, they all just assumed thats how it was everywhere. So years later and most of them still are nostalgic for that version they grew up with. Has nothing to do with whats better.

Most of the posts I see with these dummies coming (which most of them are from Latin America, Germany and Italy) are on official stuff from Bandai/Toei. They post something that was nostalgic for the American audience and like clock work these dummies appear. Just really scummy stuff to constantly crap on peoples nostalgia just because you are some weeabo anime connoisseurs. I bet if they were also changed to have the same version as American dubs in their dubs, they would never even care to be like this.

In fact in my opinion most JP VA are horrid. The voice actors over act like they are in some theater play (especially the woman) and its atrocious. I actually despise listening to anything in JP voices. This really isn't related tho, because its something nostalgic that the majority of people had 0 choice over compared to today.
[+]
Offline
By Dodik 2026-09-25 03:45:11  
Lol dude, maybe chalk it up to a difference of opinion and don't get so upset?

I get it's nostalgia and likely causes an emotional reaction - it's really not that deep.

As an example, I grew up watching Dragonball dubbed in my native language back in the day (not English, not the American dub) and while I have nostalgia for the dub that I grew up watching, the OG Japanese version is objectively superior. Yes, I have watched the American dub as well.

The same is true for any American dub, regardless what nostalgic feelings anyone has over it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Offline
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
User: Chanti
Posts: 12533
By Garuda.Chanti 2026-09-25 09:24:42  
Draylo said: »
What would posses someone who go out of their way to hate on something over and over. To even follow the pages for that specific dub just to crap on it anytime they post? That would be like me going to XIV forums every time something new comes out and crapping on it to bother people.
We have people who do that on the XIV forums already. They hate the game but can't just walk away from it.

IDK why they do it. If you ever find out please enlighten me.
Offline
Posts: 18611
By Viciouss 2026-09-25 10:30:47  
Strange New Worlds had a good season finale but it couldn't save the season from being a trainwreck. I'm glad the final season is already filmed and in the can because if they had gone into the year needing a great season to get a renewal this show would have been cancelled. 6 out of the 10 episodes were skippable comedy/gimmicks that served absolutely no purpose, one of them was horror themed that was quite good, and the remaining 3 were solid Star Trek episodes that reminded us of the show's potential. Oh well, only six episodes in the last season, hopefully they are all good.

4/10 won't watch again.
 Garuda.Chanti
Offline
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
User: Chanti
Posts: 12533
By Garuda.Chanti 2026-09-25 12:51:03  
Well... darnit.

It seems I amn't yet finished with the parcev chemo treatment yet. The Dr. just gave me a break to manage the side effects. I'll be back on it in 3 weeks.

And here I was just starting to grow hair and gain weight again.

Poo.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-25 13:16:12  
No slacking
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-25 15:46:53  
phew.

Weekend is finally here.

Time to get some quality time playing, working on side projects and doing some quality vibe coding.

I just wish I could eat something tasty and not healthy tonight to celebrate another hard week finishing, but Im still on my strict diet.

The only thing edible at my home is oatmeal.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
User: Richybear
Posts: 1784
By Fenrir.Richybear 2026-09-25 17:06:00  
vibe coding is the oatmeal of dinner
[+]
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-25 17:18:24  
I faltered and end up buying and eating an omelet with salad.

I feel like my extenuous 45mins of heavy stationary bike went to waste, but cest la vie.

At least I can play some Palworld feeling at least a little bit of satisfaction with something tastier than raw oatmeal and coffee.
Offline
By kaffy 2026-09-25 17:58:42  
Oatmeal by itself might not excite every day, throw in some cinnamon and apple or something!
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-25 18:26:04  
I mix it with a serving of whey protein.

It does the trick in terms of taste.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: NynJa
Posts: 8134
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2026-09-25 18:26:24  
Play palworld on the bike
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-25 18:26:40  
I need to sustain those AI powered SSJ3 muscles somehow.
Offline
By kaffy 2026-09-25 18:38:51  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Play palworld on the bike

Tried this before, with poor results. I have seen people with elevated desks and treadmills, but on the bike is next level.
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-25 20:12:03  
TBF, I did bike with my tablet so that I can write my scripts while pedalling.

I normally do it on a recumbent exercise bike.

But today, all of them were taken so I had to use a normal one.

And damn... it does hurt pedalling for almost an hour in a bike you are not used to use.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Vyrerus
Posts: 16861
By Asura.Vyre 2026-09-25 20:38:41  
Dodik said: »
Lol dude, maybe chalk it up to a difference of opinion and don't get so upset?

I get it's nostalgia and likely causes an emotional reaction - it's really not that deep.

As an example, I grew up watching Dragonball dubbed in my native language back in the day (not English, not the American dub) and while I have nostalgia for the dub that I grew up watching, the OG Japanese version is objectively superior. Yes, I have watched the American dub as well.

The same is true for any American dub, regardless what nostalgic feelings anyone has over it.

*listens to Japanese Goku*

Negative, Ghostrider.
[+]
Offline
By Draylo 2026-09-25 20:44:58  
lol not upset, just giving my opinion also. Its more of a disbelief that people can be so petty, but we all know the internet. IDK what pleasure they gain from doing that honestly, its so weird to me which is why I mentioned it.

Sorry also hard disagree with you. JP voices are like nails on a chalkboard for me and english VAs are really good. Like Vyre said, just compare Gokus voice in DBZ... my god. Even the music scores of the original DBZ were better, despite the controversy with them.

In the case of Digimon, objectively the theme song was better in the original but I still feel the voice work was better than the original. That just my opinion tho not a fact, I just really despise JP VA work, especially the woman voices they do its so cringe to me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: NynJa
Posts: 8134
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2026-09-25 21:11:05  
kaffy said: »
Tried this before, with poor results. I have seen people with elevated desks and treadmills, but on the bike is next level.
Poor results are the result

BUT
its better than nothing and still get a decent sweat
 Garuda.Chanti
Offline
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
User: Chanti
Posts: 12533
By Garuda.Chanti 2026-09-26 09:35:34  
Pantafernando said: »
I just wish I could eat something tasty and not healthy tonight to celebrate another hard week finishing, but Im still on my strict diet.
You can eat healthy AND have flavor too!!!



That's just for funzies but seriously its possible and easy. You do need more than just oatmeal in the house to do it.
[+]
Offline
By Dodik 2026-09-26 09:44:35  
Asura.Vyre said: »
*listens to Japanese Goku*

Negative, Ghostrider.

Draylo said: »
Sorry also hard disagree with you.

We shall never see eye-to-eye on this. That's fine.

No accounting for bad taste, after all. (/meow)

There are some good American dubs. Afro Samurai is awesome in the English voices, but that was originally made in English in any case.

Doesn't hurt that Samuel L. Jackson plays the titular character either.

American Goku - *** gross. Notsorry.

I would rather not watch an anime at all than have to suffer through an English dub of it.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 17928
By Pantafernando 2026-09-26 10:54:22  
The dragon ball brazilian dub still feels right to me today.

The problem is that it feels like there is only a handful of voice actors, so after a while you feel like there is Goku everywhere, there is Vegeta everywhere.

Here in Brazil this feeling is unnerving how dubbing Goku changed the voice actor status, and he is basically called for every dub.

But that is Brazilian portuguese dub. If you watch the Portugal portuguese dub... Holy damn, the entire dragon ball is a walking meme here
[+]
Offline
By kaffy 2026-09-26 11:21:17  
The extent of my anime interest never went beyond Ninja Scroll and Akira, but generally I prefer subs for anything in a foreign language unless I'm required to pay really close attention to something else at the same time.

Even in media written and voiced in English I'll leave subs on most of the time.

I think FFXI unironically helped train that skill watching a billion messages fly by in chat log.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Offline
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
User: AnnaMolly
Posts: 26068
By Anna Ruthven 2026-09-26 19:40:50  
The other day, I decided to look through the magian weapons in my MH and I found out that I was working on a Caladbolg. Slightly amusing that I will occasionally go camp the NM I need but if someone else is there, I just say "meh, maybe later" instead of teaming up.
[+]
Offline
By Draylo 2026-09-26 21:22:26  
SE shut down a third party company that was making a Tifa and Aerith figure. The quality is incredible, and they just refunded everyones deposit. Apparently they are even suing them. Its such a shame because the crap SE is coming with is not good. Tons of issues and they all have exposed joints... horrible. SE decided to raise the price on them to 300 each now.

Like this wrist joint... yikes for $214


This is the $300 Seph, to be fair he does look good but the quality is nowhere close to the line they shut down.



Maybe the ones I have now shot up in value at least lol, they seem to go for 600~700 each now.
Offline
Posts: 149
By AegParm 2026-09-26 23:18:56  
Property do be like that sometimes
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
User: Zeig
Posts: 1926
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2026-09-26 23:43:09  
Draylo said: »
SE shut down a third party company that was making a Tifa and Aerith figure
Which one? I have one on mind but can't remember its name. It was mentioned here before.
First Page 2 3 ... 23131 23132 23133 23134