Nikolai Tesla, the man who discovered how to harness the power of electricity.
More to the point, the man who figured out how to supply electricity to the masses without having a huge power-station every single mile.. If left to Edison, the only places with electricity (without your own generator) would be places similar to Wall Street.. Densely packed offices filled with wealthy people.
@YomiSicc, he's a fascinating man, was extremely brilliant, you should read up on him or watch some documentaries..
Nikolai Tesla, the man who discovered how to harness the power of electricity.
More to the point, the man who figured out how to supply electricity to the masses without having a huge power-station every single mile.. If left to Edison, the only places with electricity (without your own generator) would be places similar to Wall Street.. Densely packed offices filled with wealthy people.
@Yomi, he's a fascinating man, was extremely brilliant, you should read up on him or watch some documentaries..
He worked on the idea of delivering electricity without lines.. Also he was toying with the ideas of a directed energy weapon and a flying machine that had no conventional engine, no wings, no propeller..
It's actually kinda scary to think about all the things he could've accomplished given the funding and time.. He was definitely gifted.
1. put it around your neck, slide it to where the wide end is further down than the narrow end.
2. take the wide end, and cross it over the narrow end. Wrap it around all the way once, and then once more, stopping at the back.
(note: make sure to leave the second loop loose)
3. take the wide end up through the neck, and then back down through the second loop.
4. pull wide end to tighten knot, then, while holding the knot, pull the narrow end to tighten until comfortably tight.
pictures coming in a sec.
(edit because i missed a step)
pictures (quickly taken with my webcam on photobucket)
I don't think I could do it even with that.. I've never worn a tie in my life.. I've never even worn a suit. Dressiest I ever get is a buttoned long sleeve dress shirt and slacks.
Even that is only for like, funerals and court. For job interviews (never have gone for anything 'serious' the height of my interview career is Kroger's or Walmart) I just wear a good pair of pants and a dressy short sleeved buttoned shirt.
Actually, last time I had to go to court, my lawyer told me (when asked what I should wear) to just wear a nice pair of pants and a good shirt, and leave the suits to the lawyers.
thats just a basic four in hand knot, theres a few others, the half windsor knot looks nice, but basically its hard to tell the difference between them =/
I have no idea <_< image dyslexia? Yal both have black avatars with a single image in the middle that is kinda dull and not completely contrast to the black?
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.