Hello Siren!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Hello Siren!
Hello Siren!
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-02 02:50:09  
i'm all for a new influx of people. new bonds to be made is always good. its pretty easy to spot the end game LSs too, if you're into that sort of thing
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-02 02:55:31  
Siren.Delirium said:
its pretty easy to spot the end game LSs too, if you're into that sort of thing

Who are the big ones over there, anyway?
 Diabolos.Cloudg
user: Krzkilla
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2011-03-02 02:57:00  
sounds about the same as diabolos atm, was going to try make some extra cash lol
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-02 02:59:27  
/sigh at having to change my name...

I am disappoint.
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-02 03:03:59  
RocDynasty and Chojja's
[+]
By burmecia 2011-03-02 03:04:01  
Yeah I have to change mine as well. =/ I'm pretty sad about that.

I'm going to make my new name somewhat relevant to this one hopefully, so maybe others won't be so confused after the merge... lol

[+]
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-02 03:06:47  
apologies to all who are going to lose thier names. take this time to consider creating a new name more fitting for your character and how its evolved since creation. your characters have taken turns you didnt even know existed on its journey to where they are now, so why not pay homage to this journey and give your character a name more befitting?
[+]
By burmecia 2011-03-02 03:11:25  
That's a nice post, Delirium, thank you. =) I'll try to keep that in mind when I go make a new name for myself.

I already have some ideas, but I'm just not sure what is available or most fitting yet. ^^ I actually find "Burmecia" to have grown on me so much, because my favorite job is Dragoon and my favorite Final Fantasy game was FFIX. But I can find some good relevent names from that I'm pretty sure!
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-02 03:15:39  
i used the name Lysander and Edwinsu for so long before ffxi. then i created my mithra and was torn between Delirium and selenakyle. i went with the more original of names lol. Edwinsu is still my mule and Lysander is a forgotten character name. however if i EVER had to rename Delirium based on character experience i'd be lost, due to the nature of the meaning of my character name and the circumstances to which i would have to change the name
[+]
 Diabolos.Anjali
user: Anjali
By Diabolos.Anjali 2011-03-02 06:10:45  
Thx for your post Delirium. I'm pretty unhappy about loosing my name aswell. It has grown to me so much that I'm very sad to lose it. Just made some mules to save at least my fiances name and one of my friends.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-03-02 06:12:00  
Server itself is great, but the people on Siren suck. I'm surprised it doesn't get as much negative publicity as Asura.
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-03-02 07:41:08  
But "Welcome to Diabolos" had such a nice ring to it. Sounds like we have two pretty similar/normal servers though, so I'm looking forward to the merge.

See you in a few weeks Siren, we'll bring the JP's to the party.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-02 10:37:45  
It's funny. Last night before logging off I found out that they were merging the servers...
and I'll admit... I was kinda angry.

Siren's always been an amazing server (in my opinion)
Been here since the day one PS2 release... and would never even think for a moment of going anywhere else.

Like most servers, you WILL find the Drama, the Elitists, the idiots, the "I'm l33t and all my jobs are l33t 'cause I burned the *** outta them" Players who still full time Maat's Cap in 4/5 Pearle, the Mighty Army of Pink Rangers (sends shivers up my *** spine every time I see one), etc etc.

BUT you'll also find some amazing people. Friendly, Helpful, Rockin people. It's why I've been here so long.
Siren was the Home of the Balista Champions... Undefeated in Besieged... and to this day, I still love logging on each time to see the friends I have made.

I don't mind saying, my fear is I don't want what I've considered my "Home" for nearly a decade crapped up... but again, that's just my fear. Won't be looking forward to drama over pops, or over camps, or even over Dynamis Times (if it's still relevant), BUT after thinking long and hard about this... it's kind of exciting.

Because spending so many years on the same server, you recognize EVERYONE.
Fresh faces could be a nice change :D

So, Welcome people of Diabolos!
(and don't *** up the chill we got rockin here :P )

P.S.

Siren.Enternius said:
Server itself is great, but the people on Siren suck. I'm surprised it doesn't get as much negative publicity as Asura.

Don't listen to Enternius... he once edited wiki with information that Hasso increased your Ranged accuracy and Ranged attack on RNG/SAM... and that he 5 manned Kirin pre level-cap increase... boasting he could kite the pops on his level 1 SMN.
And many LOL's were had.
[+]
 Siren.Mithradee
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-02 10:45:59  
Preach it reverend Kuz! He pretty much summed up Siren. I am glad to see some new faces myself. So welcome.
[+]
 Diabolos.Akhail
user: akhail
By Diabolos.Akhail 2011-03-02 11:05:03  
<Nice to meet you.> Siren!

I too, have to admit, I am sad to see Diabolos go...I've been here since 2005 when I was just a noob leveling in the dunes without a subjob.

It is true, all my family and friends are on this server and after 6 years here, you can walk through Jeuno and recognize many familiar players and linkshells at a seconds glance. It will be nice to see some new faces and get to know some new people, so I am looking forward to the server merge! See you all March 16th!
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-02 11:08:48  
Diabolos.Akhail said:
...after 6 years here, you can walk through Jeuno and recognize many familiar players and linkshells at a seconds glance.

I know that feeling. I recognize even BAZAAR MULES.
I see the same ones so often, I know exactly what they usually sell, where they stand, and if they are priced too high or too low.

Get's to a point where if a mule moves... you feel out of place until you find them again LOL
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-02 11:31:15  
Hopefully this is a credit to you guys on Siren, if everyone is as friendly as this guy then I think we'll all be in good shape.

In an effort to retain our linkshell name on Siren, I deleted a mule and started a new character on the server. Another linkshell mate joined me, and together we started our quest to make 8,000 gil for our new pearl via farming quadavs in South Gustaberg (LOL).

As we came across the abyssea maw there, my little taru self engaged and ran towards a turtle... only to have a top level corsair shoot it as I got near the thing. I burst into little taru tears, which I guess made him feel bad and he ran over to buff us. He protected us and hasted us and even cured us up. And after a short conversation, gave us like 5k to get a new pearl.

I'm proud to say we were able to reserve the name Ethereal thanks to this guy here. If this is any indication of what we can expect to see on Siren then I'm looking forward to merging. Now if only I could avoid changing my character name....
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-02 11:33:13  
lol Cele... I DONT MISS WILD RABBITS!!!

i only miss Sand Hares in Valkurm... >.>
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-02 11:40:10  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I'm proud to say we were able to reserve the name Ethereal thanks to this guy here. If this is any indication of what we can expect to see on Siren then I'm looking forward to merging. Now if only I could avoid changing my character name....

See... told ya you're gonna find awesome people on Siren :D

But again, expect the retards as well. For example: LS Mate of mine is talking to me on line, telling me about some stupid shouts going on in Port J right now. Someone's shouting to get a Aby-Boss run win together...
And two people are greeting the shouter with insults and trying to "sell" him the win.
/sigh
By seiri 2011-03-02 11:50:32  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Siren.Delirium said:
its pretty easy to spot the end game LSs too, if you're into that sort of thing

Who are the big ones over there, anyway?

RocDynastyLS is prolly the most famous~
Sadpanda is pretty big i believe, as is Curseofdarkness?
Illuminate and Revolutions are also around.

Welcome to siren tho new peeps! Might be able to PuG n get more thn just retards for once.
 Diabolos.Ara
user: arana
By Diabolos.Ara 2011-03-02 11:53:55  
Oh don't worry Seiri, Diabolos is bringing over its share of retards.
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-02 11:54:15  
Siren.Kuz said:
P.S.

Siren.Enternius said:

Don't listen to Enternius... he once edited wiki with information that Hasso increased your Ranged accuracy and Ranged attack on RNG/SAM... and that he 5 manned Kirin pre level-cap increase... boasting he could kite the pops on his level 1 SMN.
And many LOL's were had.
So I was wrong. It's been at least three years since I made the edit, and I wouldn't have made it if I didn't do some (Admittedly shallow) testing that said otherwise. Was too small a sample size and I was wrong.

And it was apparently such a bad thing to be wrong about something that it spawned a lifelong enemy that convinced his whole linkshell I'm a terrible person because I did testing that wasn't exactly correct.

How many more years until you stop following me around antagonizing me every post I make? It's been over a year since I even played, let alone on Siren, and you're still being an *** over a small mistake 3 years past.

You're only helping to prove my point on this.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-02 12:17:38  
Fenrir.Enternius said:

So I was wrong. It's been at least three years since I made the edit, and I wouldn't have made it if I didn't do some (Admittedly shallow) testing that said otherwise. Was too small a sample size and I was wrong.

And it was apparently such a bad thing to be wrong about something that it spawned a lifelong enemy that convinced his whole linkshell I'm a terrible person because I did testing that wasn't exactly correct.

How many more years until you stop following me around antagonizing me every post I make? It's been over a year since I even played, let alone on Siren, and you're still being an *** over a small mistake 3 years past.

You're only helping to prove my point on this.

Because it's hysterical :D
It was funny then, and funny now.
And I never convinced anyone you were a terrible person... people came to that conclusion on their own through dealings with you.

Anyway, now that both of us have proven each others points. ON with the Merger :D

EDIT: Hard fact of life I learned a LONG time ago.
People will never remember the great things in life you do...
only your mis-steps.
 Siren.Hastur
user: Hastur
By Siren.Hastur 2011-03-02 12:25:49  
RocDynasty is now AllureLS and I don't believe CurseOfDarkness is very big any more, unless they recently got large.

I wouldn't recommend AllureLS, if only for the stigma that comes with it, and SadPanda would get stuff done if you don't mind Chojja. Don't have a problem with him myself but I know alot of people do.

Not very familiar with Illuminate or Revolutions. However, I would recommend CurseOfDarkness (Laylah and Javon) and FourDeathzAway (Kuz, Jamus, etc.) if one is looking for a currently established shell.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-02 12:31:25  
Siren.Hastur said:
RocDynasty is now AllureLS and I don't believe CurseOfDarkness is very big any more, unless they recently got large.

I wouldn't recommend AllureLS, if only for the stigma that comes with it, and SadPanda would get stuff done if you don't mind Chojja. Don't have a problem with him myself but I know alot of people do.

Not very familiar with Illuminate or Revolutions. However, I would recommend CurseOfDarkness (Laylah and Javon) and FourDeathzAway (Kuz, Jamus, etc.) if one is looking for a currently established shell.

How in gods name did i forget FDA.....considering the folks i know from there rofl.

Allure is now RocDynastyLS, another name change.
Illuminate is Renzyy/Xdark (Inferus) but less people i think.
Revolutions i dunno much about really, they get things done tho.
I personally have issue with CoD but ya~
And SadPanda is successful but as u said~
 Diabolos.Xeero
user: xeeero
By Diabolos.Xeero 2011-03-02 12:46:19  
im somewhat looking forward to this merge except leavingd diabolos D:
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-02 13:41:52  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Hopefully this is a credit to you guys on Siren, if everyone is as friendly as this guy then I think we'll all be in good shape. In an effort to retain our linkshell name on Siren, I deleted a mule and started a new character on the server. Another linkshell mate joined me, and together we started our quest to make 8,000 gil for our new pearl via farming quadavs in South Gustaberg (LOL). As we came across the abyssea maw there, my little taru self engaged and ran towards a turtle... only to have a top level corsair shoot it as I got near the thing. I burst into little taru tears, which I guess made him feel bad and he ran over to buff us. He protected us and hasted us and even cured us up. And after a short conversation, gave us like 5k to get a new pearl.

there are a lot of us on siren who would gladly give up certain things like time or a few k in gil to help a new adventurer out. even welcoming new people to our server has always been rather forthcoming of myself and my friends.
 Diabolos.Cfro
user: cfro
By Diabolos.Cfro 2011-03-02 15:06:33  
Hello siren peeps, for the most part Diabolos peeps are chill. we do have are share of tards but i think this merger is gonna be a good thing for us all in the long run and i cant wait to meet some new peeps!!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Snowe
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2011-03-02 15:58:19  
So does this mean that one could server transfer to diabolos then make a mule on siren then they can change their name!?!?!? Fun :D