Hello Siren!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Hello Siren!
Hello Siren!
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-03-04 14:24:41  
There are a few good LS on Siren that haven't been mentioned yet...
Euphoric - seems smaller but dedicated group and EU based I think
GearsofWar - newer ls has some good members, NA
IIExodusII - seemingly smaller but also dedicated group, NA
Noobies - did not start seeing them til a few months ago, also seemingly smaller but dedicated LS not sure if EU/NA
Illuminati - new, small, good players, NA (I think)
Fabyssea - sprouted from a longterm shell, seemingly good aby group, mid-size LS mostly NA

Those are the ones I see the most besides RocDynastyLS, Revolutions, SadPanda and Illuminate, FDA and CoD, which are probably the most well-known/"best" NA shells around.

Siren has tons of good players and also tons who are not so good. Most players on Siren are kind and usually gracious with things like taking turns on pop-nms etc. However, at least to me, it seems as though there's some kind of racial bias where JP/NA just don't interact with each other (though that might be your server too). Overall, I can't imagine the social aspects of our server to be much different than Diablos. Price wise, our server seems cheaper than Diablos when it comes to AH but other things cursed-1 gear, high-end synergy mats and dyna currency/alexanrites are probably pricier.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-04 15:02:44  
Siren.Froggis said:
some kind of racial bias where JP/NA just don't interact with each other (though that might be your server too)

As this IS true in most cases, but not in all.
Lately I have been coming into contact with a good number of friendly JP groups. Perhaps not LS's, but just abyssea farming groups and what-not that (if you can auto-translate without sounding like a douche) are friendly and will take turns on NMs and such.

Just last night ran into a group farming the Tiger in Abyss-Ulg and we simply took turns on each pop, with an understanding that we were all there for the same purpose.

Siren.Taylanichi
By Siren.Taylanichi 2011-03-04 17:57:59  
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
The worst thing about this merger? Having to clear my delivery box of 6 years of accumulated crap ; ;

Other than that, Hi Siren-ites! /wave ^^

Edit: Wasn't Clin the guy who did the EPIC SMN rick roll a while back? If so... I'm OK with this.

Haha yep, yep he was XD Clin's one of the good/cool guys on Siren.
 Siren.Kimiko
VIP
user: Kimiko
By Siren.Kimiko 2011-03-04 23:51:51  
Siren.Corellon said:

The first thing I would do when you get to the server is /blist Militiaone.

100 points to you good sir, and quoted for truth!
[+]
By Skillium 2011-03-05 00:39:30  
Let me jump on the welcome wagon too. Hello to all you fine people from Diabolos. I hope your stay here is pleasant. While I know it must suck to lose your home server, hopefully you guys will feel at home with us and we can all have a great time together.
 Diabolos.Jaralto
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Jaralto
By Diabolos.Jaralto 2011-03-05 01:13:09  
Siren.Delirium said:
apologies to all who are going to lose thier names. take this time to consider creating a new name more fitting for your character and how its evolved since creation. your characters have taken turns you didnt even know existed on its journey to where they are now, so why not pay homage to this journey and give your character a name more befitting?

I really like the way you put that, and that is an excellent observation
 Siren.Noondust
user: Noondust
By Siren.Noondust 2011-03-06 01:02:25  
hmmm. 2/3 Jps, that's not good, most of them aren't very nice to NAs here. But anyone who chooses a Galka over a taru is a good guy in my book.
P.S. After you get here start working on lowering Prices on AH!!! (Please)
 Diabolos.Blewout
user: HuRRiC4Ne
By Diabolos.Blewout 2011-03-07 11:40:42  
Looking forward to the merge :) Will be cool to play along other cool people!
 Siren.Eremes
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-03-07 12:31:55  
Diabolos.Jaralto said:
Siren.Delirium said:
apologies to all who are going to lose thier names. take this time to consider creating a new name more fitting for your character and how its evolved since creation. your characters have taken turns you didnt even know existed on its journey to where they are now, so why not pay homage to this journey and give your character a name more befitting?

I really like the way you put that, and that is an excellent observation

Actually, it seems like it would be fair to let anyone change names during a world merge; it wasn't exactly their fault that their server started to shrink, and I personally wouldn't mind a name change.
 Diabolos.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-03-10 14:15:08  
I have only one question of Siren:

How lulzy are your DRKs?

Always /NIN lulzy?
3/5 Perle and Haubergeon lulzy?
Still swinging Scythe of Trials lulzy?
21% gear haste full-timed with Apoc and /NIN lulzy?

I just need an idea of how much work and bitchery I'm in for to get my favorite job respectable on your server.
 Siren.Demetreos
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-03-10 14:18:52  
Diabolos.Xeonha said:
So what's Siren like? Diabolos is famous for being 2/3rd japanese. All the time. Our big name shells are Ethereal and Silmarilion. Silm is famous for being the biggest shell on our server, anyone who asks for a pearl is given one. The ls leader, Finathlon, is one of the nicest galkas/jps/players you'll meet.

And of course there's the very lulzy players too. But I think you guys should find out for yourself who they are! ;)

We typically have 1k members online, with a max of 2k. How about you?
We have Agles.
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-11 18:32:02  
Siren.Demetreos said:
We have Agles.

/cry
 Siren.Stromgarde
By Siren.Stromgarde 2011-03-12 15:48:22  
Welcome to Siren future immigrants! Enjoy your free astral candescence for perpetuity.
 Siren.Theytak
user: Theytak
By Siren.Theytak 2011-03-15 00:25:35  
This thread made me lol. Hard.

Question for Diabolos' Crafters: How do you guys handle fees/tips? And for the love of god, tell me there are at least a few high level NA Smiths, because finding one recently is a chore (When Hastur's not on/is busy, anyway)

edit: PS: You guys really don't need to worry about your server dumbasses/trolls any more. We're really good at weeding them out and forcing them all to stick together while the rest of us go about our business. Also, iirc, we were the last ones who had to deal with lolfeiwong, which was especially fun given his "love" of Exodus (The player, not the shell), who's my besty.

ahhh... the memories of feiwong are still fresh and lulzy for me
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-15 11:05:50  
Siren.Theytak said:
bunch of jibba-jabba

And... (eventually) when you all arrive, stop and wave to Theytak :D
Ask him about his PUP :D
It's all "OMGWTFMYPUPISAMAZING!!!!!"

No really... he's exactly like that
By seiri 2011-03-15 11:11:26  
Diabolos.Raelia said:
I have only one question of Siren:

How lulzy are your DRKs?

Always /NIN lulzy?
3/5 Perle and Haubergeon lulzy?
Still swinging Scythe of Trials lulzy?
21% gear haste full-timed with Apoc and /NIN lulzy?

I just need an idea of how much work and bitchery I'm in for to get my favorite job respectable on your server.

If you're including every drk on the server, then yes you'll proberbly find that most use perle or hauby still, but i doubt thats any different over there. Really if you play your job well and gear doesnt suck, you wont get any bitchery aside from the usual stock of elitist ***, goes for any job.
By seiri 2011-03-15 11:13:27  
Siren.Delirium said:
Siren.Demetreos said:
We have Agles.

/cry

Hes good for a laugh, as long as you're laughing AT him.
By Dankdragon 2011-03-15 11:22:25  
Quote:
Just look out for Dankdragon...
He's on a whole other level of troll.

LOL U MAD? COME AT ME BRO!
[+]
 Siren.Theytak
By Siren.Theytak 2011-03-15 18:11:53  
Siren.Kuz said:
Siren.Theytak said:
bunch of jibba-jabba

And... (eventually) when you all arrive, stop and wave to Theytak :D
Ask him about his PUP :D
It's all "OMGWTFMYPUPISAMAZING!!!!!"

No really... he's exactly like that
I love you, too. ***. (I only brag about pup when people start to rag on pup, or when I'm bored and feel like annoying people (Kuz))
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-15 20:47:20  
Siren.Theytak said:
I love you, Almighty Leader. (I only cry about pup when I'm on the rag, or when I think I'm better then your BLM (Mcclane))

What was that Tak m'boy?

Anywhoo... I'm blaming you for the servers being down BTW.
You were gone sooooo long, when you came back last week...
Siren just couldn't handle a PUP of your magnitude (no pun)
 Siren.Theytak
By Siren.Theytak 2011-03-16 20:00:05  
Siren.Kuz said:
Siren.Theytak said:
I love you, Almighty Leader. (I only cry about pup when I'm on the rag, or when I think I'm better then your BLM (Mcclane))

What was that Tak m'boy?

Anywhoo... I'm blaming you for the servers being down BTW.
You were gone sooooo long, when you came back last week...
Siren just couldn't handle a PUP of your magnitude (no pun)
I can accept this. I called you an *** with love <3
 Fenrir.Riousan
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2011-03-19 13:46:51  
Theytak truly amazes me with his professionalism playing badly on PuP. I envy him people still accept him even though his equipment is equivalent to a poorly equipped RMT. But that's okay. Even now I still smile knowing I can find Theytak wearing that white subligar yelling at little boys in game.

theytak said:
PS: You guys really don't need to worry about your server dumbasses/trolls any more. We're really good at weeding them out and forcing them all to stick together while the rest of us go about our business. Also, iirc, we were the last ones who had to deal with lolfeiwong, which was especially fun given his "love" of Exodus (The player, not the shell), who's my besty.

Ahh good memories indeed. Enjoy playing FFXI/facebook and being trapped in a spiral endless full time flaming homo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-19 13:48:54  
Fenrir.Riousan said:
Theytak truly amazes me with his professionalism playing badly on PuP. I envy him people still accept him even though his equipment is equivalent to a poorly equipped RMT. But that's okay. Even now I still smile knowing I can find Theytak wearing that white subligar yelling at little boys in game.

theytak said:
PS: You guys really don't need to worry about your server dumbasses/trolls any more. We're really good at weeding them out and forcing them all to stick together while the rest of us go about our business. Also, iirc, we were the last ones who had to deal with lolfeiwong, which was especially fun given his "love" of Exodus (The player, not the shell), who's my besty.

Ahh good memories. Enjoy playing FFXI/facebook.

Did you ever visit a doctor about your various mental issues?
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2011-03-19 13:52:04  
Flionheart said:

Guess the rumors were true about you. I posted and it only took you 2 minutes to track/reply, yet I wouldn't be surprised.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-19 13:53:46  
Fenrir.Riousan said:
Flionheart said:

Guess the rumors were true about you. I posted and it only took you 2 minutes to track/reply, yet I wouldn't be surprised.

(Psst, they're not rumours if the only place they're spread is between your multiple personalities)

My question still stands ParanoidWong
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2011-03-19 13:58:02  
I'll counter your question with a question: what makes you think you are normal? You are definitely not accomplishing anything talking down on people and randomly invading topics not relating to you.
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-03-19 14:00:48  
Let's not make this thread into a drama thread. Siren doesn't need this drama. Kthx :)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-19 14:01:39  
Fenrir.Riousan said:
I'll counter your question with a question: what makes you think you are normal? You are definitely not accomplishing anything talking down on people and randomly invading topics not relating to you.

I'm not paranoid about RMT. Also lol @ the hypocrisy of invading topics not relating to me... Haven't you based your entire XI career on exactly that?

You're going to feel so empty when this game dies and I'll lol as you try to make drama in the next game you play.
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2011-03-19 14:12:50  
Mcclane said:
Let's not make this thread into a drama thread. Siren doesn't need this drama. Kthx :)

Don't worry about it. I just stumbled on this thread since people still use me as an example to feel better about their self.

Flionheart said:
I'm not paranoid about RMT. Also lol @ the hypocrisy of invading topics not relating to me... Haven't you based your entire XI career on exactly that? You're going to feel so empty when this game dies and I'll lol as you try to make drama in the next game you play.

No idea what you are talking about. I didn't know FFXI was a career since I never got paid for it.

But I do agree I'm empty at the moment, so with that in mind I'll end this conversation with pancakes at ihop.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-19 14:14:14  
Fenrir.Riousan said:
Mcclane said:

Don't worry about it. I just stumbled on this thread since people still use me as an example to feel better about their self.

Flionheart said:
I'm not paranoid about RMT. Also lol @ the hypocrisy of invading topics not relating to me... Haven't you based your entire XI career on exactly that? You're going to feel so empty when this game dies and I'll lol as you try to make drama in the next game you play.

No idea what you are talking about. I didn't know FFXI was a career since I never got paid for it.

And isn't that just the saddest thing of all.