フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Wanting some feedback on WARTP/WS sets
Wanting some feedback on WARTP/WS sets
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-20 00:43:15  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Checking in with my progress to make sure I'm not gimping it up.

TP

WS

Looks good to me, except!!!!

Rajas on the left, Brutal on the right :P
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-20 00:49:40  
Nini would kill me. :<
By richwood 2011-06-23 13:21:56  
I have been slowly working on war since I have been back. Wondering if anyone has tried this build. It seems it may be a bit lack lucster in DOT, but very effective for the intention of a 5-hit 26% haste cap build.

Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:24:39  
Wasn't the 6 hit build better than the 5 hit?
By richwood 2011-06-23 13:27:30  
Ramuh.Austar said:

See that is my debate: Go with 6 hit and more overall damage stats, or go with 5 hit and focus damage mainly in WS damage. I do not have a DPS sheet for war that is updated at all, although I have thf mnk and nin ones.

Has anyone crunched the math on these yet with solid numbers?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 13:35:10  
richwood said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

See that is my debate: Go with 6 hit and more overall damage stats, or go with 5 hit and focus damage mainly in WS damage. I do not have a DPS sheet for war that is updated at all, although I have thf mnk and nin ones.

I'm pretty sure the 6 hit was the better choice, moreso inside abyssea where TP overflow was far more likely to happen. Not to mention the large chunk of attack you lose during TP phase.
By richwood 2011-06-23 13:36:54  
Ramuh.Austar said:
richwood said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

I'm pretty sure the 6 hit was the better choice, moreso inside abyssea where TP overflow was far more likely to happen. Not to mention the large chunk of attack you lose during TP phase.

Aye, I am using a 6 hit 26% set right now and it works very nicley. was just trying to tweek about a bit and see what else I can do.

I already know I need to finish wotg some day to get that smexy regain earring lol.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-06-23 14:13:08  
Ramuh.Austar said:

6 Hit Build was definitely better than 5 hit when using a Ukon. I forget what the numbers were on a 504 del gaxe, but I think 6 hit is better in that situation as well.

At any rate, if you were aiming for a 5 hit, you'd want to use Zelus + Perle over Wala + Dusk
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:14:18  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

6 Hit Build was definitely better than 5 hit when using a Ukon. I forget what the numbers were on a 504 del gaxe, but I think 6 hit is better in that situation as well.

At any rate, if you were aiming for a 5 hit, you'd want to use Zelus + Perle over Wala + Dusk
With a 504 Delay, can't he use Zelus+AF3 with blitz ring? I don't remember the required 504 5-hit store TP number.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-06-23 14:15:24  
25 vs 26

ah you ninja editted. I think he needs the stp from the hoard ring. I could be mistaken though.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-23 14:18:01  
yeah for a 5-hit he does need hoard. Not too sure how to factor in a regain atma though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-06-23 17:24:27  
I do 100 TP subtract TP gained from expected ticks of regain subtract expected TP return ~90% of time from WS divided by amount of hits to next 100, then use FFXIcalc to figure what STP gear I need to hit that number.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Oroka
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Oroka
By Bahamut.Oroka 2011-09-13 10:21:31  
^^b
I've gone through quite a few threads and this is what I've put together so far and was wanting some more feedback on what should be changed. Inside Abyssea also and usually using atmas AoA, SS, and RR.

TP~

WS~

(Something went very wrong with the first post. D:)
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-13 10:23:36  
askar body

also war/sam
wait
 Cerberus.Oroka
By Cerberus.Oroka 2011-09-13 10:28:32  
Some of the threads I was looking at were saying to TP in Askar body if you couldn't get Adaberk with decent augments. Should I go back to using Ravager's body?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-09-13 10:32:55  
Stick with Askar Korazin for TP. Ravager's Lorica is just a /JA macro piece if you have either that or a properly augmented Adaman/Armadaberk and are aiming at a 6Hit build

Wait.. it's echoing here.
 Cerberus.Oroka
By Cerberus.Oroka 2011-09-13 10:36:10  
Thanks, and I was also curious about the elebelt. Should I stick with it or switch to Beir belt +1 when I can? Saw something about switching belts whether or not berserk was up.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-09-13 10:44:12  
Depending on whether you are WSing inside or outside Abyssea, you could get better results from stuff like a pipilaka belt or similar, but personally I'd rather stick with ele belts for the fTP multiplier increase, the additional Acc/Atk and more importantly inventory +1

beir belt +1 could be a high buff belt but I'd rather sell it :p
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-13 10:55:10  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Stick with Askar Korazin for TP. Ravager's Lorica is just a /JA macro piece if you have either that or a properly augmented Adaman/Armadaberk and are aiming at a 6Hit build

I had always pegged af3+2 body to be > askar mostly due to greater attack, benefits of accuracy (needed for voidwatch, not so much for abyssea), greater STP which would allow for some greater flexibility in equipment if needed, the additional set bonus chance, which although not very substantial is never a bad thing, and lastly the fact that askar body makes small woodland creatures cry.
Not to mention the severe diminishing returns from increasing one's double attack, especially with the already astronomically high DA war can already obtain, make the difference made with the extra double attack more than negligible.
But if you want to keep askar for your war evasion build, as I'm sure we know ever good WAR should have, then yeah, purpleblurple away.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-13 10:57:46  
Depending on whether you are WSing inside or outside Abyssea, you could get better results from stuff like a pipilaka belt or similar, but personally I'd rather stick with ele belts for the fTP multiplier increase, the additional Acc/Atk and more importantly inventory +1

while giving more accuracy to all hits is a given for the gorgets/belts, at no point does it give enhanced attack, so I honestly don't know where you're getting that information from
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-09-13 11:06:33  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »

I had always pegged af3+2 body to be > askar mostly due to greater attack, benefits of accuracy (needed for voidwatch, not so much for abyssea), greater STP which would allow for some greater flexibility in equipment if needed, the additional set bonus chance, which although not very substantial is never a bad thing, and lastly the fact that askar body makes small woodland creatures cry.
Not to mention the severe diminishing returns from increasing one's double attack, especially with the already astronomically high DA war can already obtain, make the difference made with the extra double attack more than negligible.
But if you want to keep askar for your war evasion build, as I'm sure we know ever good WAR should have, then yeah, purpleblurple away.

lol evasion build XD

To be quite frank, the only benefit Askar has is the extra DA, even though it's just marginal.

With Acc/Atk through the roof inside Aby all you get from AF3 body is a small increase in set proc rate, which won't really affect you when you don't DA. That's where the extra DA would come to play. Imo, more DA > more Proc% on fewer DA

Of course if we were to talk about VW NMs or other stuff outside Aby AF3 would win due to the need of extra buffs, and yeah, it takes time to get used to Askar body look.

The war eva build jk is so old I actually forgot about it and lold, ty XD
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-09-13 11:10:45  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »

while giving more accuracy to all hits is a given for the gorgets/belts, at no point does it give enhanced attack, so I honestly don't know where you're getting that information from

Yeah, I actually mistyped that one when I meant the dmg related to the fTP increase which, iirc, only affects 1st hit. My bad on that
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-13 11:18:46  
assuming you have 31% double attack in your ideal tp build without body
adding 2% to your remaining 69% chance to land a single attack would actually reduce your 2% added to 1.38%, hence why I'm talking about these diminishing returns.
assuming you're using VV and your double attack rate is bolstered to 41%, you'd be left with a 59% chance in which to land a single hit for that 2% added double attack to proc on, resulting in you really only gaining a 1.18% chance for that 2% double attack to actually do anything for you.

seeing as how set bonus proc is stackable with ODD aftermath, able to proc across all hits, the body itself providing more of what askar already offers, and with an added benefit of not looking purple and terrible, I personally would come to the conclusion to use af3+2 over askar
but to each their own :/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-10-17 22:15:05  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/169937

(sorry image kept coming up broken.)

I am more curious where I can m fit into make Fazheluo Radiant Mail in with my WAR. Is it something I should use for WS or for TP or both?
By mortontony1 2011-10-17 22:32:21  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »

I am more curious where I can m fit into make Fazheluo Radiant Mail in with my WAR. Is it something I should use for WS or for TP or both?

I am by no means an expert, but you are way over haste cap and I think claymore beats pole grip
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2011-10-17 23:00:08  

Neither, there's better options out there.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-17 23:30:19  
mortontony1 said: »

I am by no means an expert, but you are way over haste cap and I think claymore beats pole grip

He has goading belt twice so its giving extra 5. And for mail on the ukon thread its the way to go iirc, but with +1 fahz head. Gonna double check right now
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-17 23:31:58  
Bahamut.Danthebk said: »

Abyssea TP Restraint Up:
Abyssea TP Restraint Down:
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill