Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ukon vs Maschu +2
Ukon vs Maschu +2
By Entourage 2011-08-09 16:59:26  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Proc rate of ODD is 30|40|50%, sorry thought that was common knowledge.

show me where it's not a flat 30% for all three.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-09 17:06:17  
Entourage said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

Look for it you lazy ***. Testing was done on BG I believe. It's known to be 30/40/50.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2011-08-09 17:21:40  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Entourage said:
Shiva.Msthief said:
Look for it you lazy ***. Testing was done on BG I believe. It's known to be 30/40/50.
Aftermath lvl.3 makes you feel like you just broke the game...
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-09 17:24:38  
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Aftermath

BG is a pretty damn reliable source, if its there then its true.
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-08-09 17:24:43  
Yes, bg wiki.
By Entourage 2011-08-09 18:56:45  
effort's overrated.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2011-08-09 19:08:50  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said:
Lakshmi.Hiku said:
tldr: would you rather do a 4k WS and regular melee/crit for 800-1000dmg, or would you settle for a 4k WS and melee for 200-400?

these numbers are actually not far off furry's dbl dmg effect
i saw 1150 and then 1170 dmg on tp swing

BUT when did dbl damage of 200-400 become 800-1000 ?

I was using very rough estimations, as my WAR is like level 50 :x
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-09 19:11:20  
your face is like level 50

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 00:38:29  
Cerberus.Fiasko said:
Entourage said:
Cerberus.Fiasko said:
What is the proc rate of the ODD? Unless it is 15-20% I don't understand how it would be an increase of 15% to overall dmg. Also I assume the ODD cannot proc on WS which would further the argument that just the ODD wouldn't put it so far ahead.

Also, the parse above isn't much to go by. There is no way the warriors were playing the same style when the Ukon did 6 WS compared to 2. The sample size is incredibly small also. Of course Ukon will come out on top, but the principle difference is the ODD and the delay. (which depending on the build would be the 4% (482/504= .956 or 4.4%) lower delay compared to the 2%DA or 3% crit rate)

One would also have to see if you can maintain the 5 hit build with sword strap (with mashcu +2). I don't know if the 1.4% extra delay would allow you to keep the build without rose strap (4.4% - 3%).

the delay is a null factor tbh... ODD does in fact make that big of difference... with Ukonvasara more than any other weapon (easy crit dmg/rate+ in tp sets / high base dmg / high double attack)

I dont know the ODD rate off the top of my head (I have 3 emps what? lol)... 30%? at LEAST 15%

That actually makes me incredibly happy and glad to hear (ODD rate), but I doubt in a game of marginal upgrades 4% increase in swings would be a null factor.
Honestly everything he said about Ukon v Maschu is wrong. The delay decrease definitely matters, as it increases your melee DoT and could go either way for WS frequency (Ukon is best suited to a 6-hit, Maschu may utilize a 5-hit sometimes), and Ukon is by no means the weapon that benefits most from ODD. That would be the job with the highest TP/WS split, so it's a statement better applied to DW jobs like NIN, MNK, and PUP.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 00:41:52  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Fiasko said:
Entourage said:
Cerberus.Fiasko said:
What is the proc rate of the ODD? Unless it is 15-20% I don't understand how it would be an increase of 15% to overall dmg. Also I assume the ODD cannot proc on WS which would further the argument that just the ODD wouldn't put it so far ahead.

Also, the parse above isn't much to go by. There is no way the warriors were playing the same style when the Ukon did 6 WS compared to 2. The sample size is incredibly small also. Of course Ukon will come out on top, but the principle difference is the ODD and the delay. (which depending on the build would be the 4% (482/504= .956 or 4.4%) lower delay compared to the 2%DA or 3% crit rate)

One would also have to see if you can maintain the 5 hit build with sword strap (with mashcu +2). I don't know if the 1.4% extra delay would allow you to keep the build without rose strap (4.4% - 3%).

the delay is a null factor tbh... ODD does in fact make that big of difference... with Ukonvasara more than any other weapon (easy crit dmg/rate+ in tp sets / high base dmg / high double attack)

I dont know the ODD rate off the top of my head (I have 3 emps what? lol)... 30%? at LEAST 15%

That actually makes me incredibly happy and glad to hear (ODD rate), but I doubt in a game of marginal upgrades 4% increase in swings would be a null factor.
Honestly everything he said about Ukon v Maschu is wrong. The delay decrease definitely matters, as it increases your melee DoT and could go either way for WS frequency (Ukon is best suited to a 6-hit, Maschu may utilize a 5-hit sometimes), and Ukon is by no means the weapon that benefits most from ODD. That would be the job with the highest TP/WS split, so it's a statement better applied to DW jobs like NIN, MNK, and PUP.

ODD is a myth on MNK ;_; off-hand hit only sucks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 00:55:51  
***'s sake, I clearly need sleep. Totally forgot about that. Revised statement based on me actually thinking things through somewhat: afaik ODD does not proc on Retaliation, and the whole critrate/dmg thing doesn't actually affect the value of ODD. Thus, I'd theorize that Calabolg DRK is actually getting the most out of ODD, PLD might be up there too depending on how much TP you're getting from shield blocks. If it does proc on Retal then WAR would be close behind.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 00:58:31  
I need to actually spend time testing it, but I believe ODD can only proc once per attack round on mnk. It seems that no matter how many punches you do, only one is with your offhand and the rest are mainhand. There may be testing on it already, but that's what I've noticed.

Also, apparently when using hth, everyone suddenly becomes left handed. Who knew?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 01:00:24  
Also need to test the crit rate bonus that Smite gives. Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-08-10 01:02:36  
definitely not NIN as they waste delay on their offhand just like MNK. Ukon reigns supreme with ODD. NIN only has a higher tp/ws split cause they don't have retaliation and thus do less damage.

I stand by my delay comment because Maschu is a 5-hit weapon and Ukon is a 6-hit... different styles = incomparable at that level. Yes you could compare them but there's much more to it than "Ukon attacks faster". gtfo

do people really think anything out DDs WAR still... you may not realize, but that is what you're arguing.

inb4 "NIN has better defense" ... cause that matters right? /sarcasm
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 01:07:19  
We're just talking about benefiting from ODD. If you swing less, you benefit less, and war doesn't swing that much because of retaliation/lower x-hit build.

I'm pretty sure ODD doesn't proc on retaliation. At least not that I've noticed from our Ukon war.
By Entourage 2011-08-10 01:11:06  
oh you hit more times with your kannagi than i do with my Ukon? my ODD doing 400-800 dmg per hit (not counting af3 set proc) with yours doing how much? (assuming universal "you" as NIN). Double Attack / Triple Attack favoring Ukon? right right

as yes you're right about ODD not happening on retaliation... I was just mentioning that because of the random "it favors higher tp/ws split weapons" statement.

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone even begin to say ODD favors dual wielders.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 01:15:35  
Entourage said:
oh you hit more times with your kannagi than i do with my Ukon? my ODD doing 400-800 dmg per hit with yours doing how much? (assuming universal "you" as NIN). Double Attack / Triple Attack favoring Ukon? right right

Your ODD only hits for 400-800?

Anyway, comparing it to drk, say. You build tp at the same speed (bar retaliation) and it's 6 hits vs 7 hits. No matter how you look at it, they're hitting more often, and therefore, benefiting from ODD more often.

Same reason it benefits Almace/Kannagi more. You hit more during your tp phase and have a tp/ws split that favors tp. War is mainly doing damage through ws.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-08-10 01:16:43  
He probably does hit more often, given Kannagi's lower delay. And the whole swinging with two weapons at a time thing. And DW reducing TP/hit.

Double Attack and Triple Attack favor high delay weapons LESS (iirc) because of a higher chance of TP overflow TP overflow. Unless you're purposely trying to get higher TP for stronger aftermath effects like you would using a Mythic, that is.
By Entourage 2011-08-10 01:17:18  
added damage, you stupid? reg ODDs hitting for 800ish, crits hitting for 1600ish

tp overflow doesnt matter in this ODD argument, and it still favors two-handed weapons
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 01:17:49  
I'd say something about reading comprehension/braining being hard but I derped too, so I'll just say go back and read my second post again so that you're not arguing against points I already corrected myself on.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-10 01:19:01  
ODD benifits staff the most because its the only weapon that has no argument not to have constant 300% tp aftermath.

/trollface
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 01:19:09  
Entourage said:
added damage, you stupid? reg ODDs hitting for 800ish, crits hitting for 1600ish

Entourage said:
oh you hit more times with your kannagi than i do with my Ukon? my ODD doing 400-800 dmg per hit (not counting af3 set proc) with yours doing how much?

Uhhh, what?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-10 01:19:36  
if it didn't derp out on non-two-hander jobs (being allowed to occur on offhand strikes instead of just the main hand), occasionally deals double damage would most certainly favor white damage jobs; regardless, the argument at hand with empyrean aftermath is somewhat pointless if you ask me

i'm unsure as to if maschu can support a five-hit without voracious violet or tactical mantle, but assuming it can, it would be a nice little niche for the weapon outside of abyssea, given the frequency of tp overflow from apocalypse atma inside otherwise, but even then, it would still hardly compare to ukonvasara for obvious reasons
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 01:19:39  
Odin.Sawtelle said:
ODD benifits staff the most because its the only weapon that has no argument not to have constant 300% tp aftermath.

/trollface
Flawless logic, I am in awe.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-08-10 01:21:35  
yea this is true nightfyre... but then lolSerj continued spamming nonsense

"my ODD doing 400-800" means the added damage from ODD, I can see how you'd misunderstand but that doesn't make you any less of a tard for your witty comeback
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-10 01:22:25  
Entourage said:

are you referring to actualserj or lolserj

they are in fact two separate people you know, the former of which i myself trust much more often than not to know what he's doing
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2011-08-10 01:23:31  
Dammit Ironguy! D:<
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 01:24:09  
Ragnarok.Raenil said:
Dammit Ironguy! D:<

HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH! D:<
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-10 01:24:14  
Entourage said:

"my ODD doing 400-800" means the added damage from ODD, I can see how you'd misunderstand but that doesn't make you any less of a tard for your witty comeback

Not my fault you can't comprehend basic english/logic.
By Entourage 2011-08-10 01:24:14  
Bahamut.Serj.... this statement matters? lol