フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM gear 95
SAM gear 95
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-09-23 12:09:47  
So many of these SAM gear posts its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but im just not sure what im missing here

TP Phase

WS Phase

Now the thing is that i was testing it out etc and i got 18 return on WS which was all good.
Now i attacked in TP and ended with 80 TP which was a DA and that means i got 62 that round which is 31 per swing. Then i attack once more for a single attack and got 20.

So how did i get 62 in 1 round and 20 in another? If it was simply a DA proc from brutal wouldnt it be 40 TP not 62?

Will also note that this is 95 SAM / 47 BLM to get rid of /war DA proc. Thanks for any help as im just trying to find out what im missing here.

Not in Abyssea (forgot to note this)
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-09-23 12:19:14  
Zanshin gives bonus tp when it procs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-09-23 12:21:22  
I was under the impression that it only procs when something stops your first attack. IE counter Guard Shadows whiff or 0 damage etc
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-23 12:27:18  
Not anymore
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-09-23 12:29:13  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
I was under the impression that it only procs when something stops your first attack. IE counter Guard Shadows whiff or 0 damage etc

As far as I know, it still works like that if Hasso isn't up. Otherwise, Zanshin gives you a Double Attack effect.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-09-23 12:30:21  
Ah yea .. been quite some time since i played SAM since the whole abyssea thing kind of shunned them. Thanks!
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-09-23 12:34:09  
I think your TP set is 2 store tp down to maintain 5-hit, can drop zelus in favor or unkai and give your ws set a boost at the same time - i don't really see any other way unless you want to go down the tactical mantle route.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-09-23 12:40:48  
Usu feet instead of ace's would lose the least haste but im still looking through possibilities atm of course i think id end up doing the +2 hat since that new necklace for WS would cause me to lose 3 stp but i cant remember the name of it D:

Justiciar's Torque thats it
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2011-09-23 14:52:04  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Usu feet instead of ace's would lose the least haste but im still looking through possibilities atm of course i think id end up doing the +2 hat since that new necklace for WS would cause me to lose 3 stp but i cant remember the name of it D:

Justiciar's Torque thats it
Why are you WSing in Unkai as is? Get a Snow Gorget/Belt. Justiciar's Torque honestly beats Snow Gorget by such a small amount its almost not worth getting.
By Makado 2011-09-23 15:57:49  
Wondering what gorget is best out of these 3 sea gorget, justice and new justiciar's.Seems justice gives 14.25 att and 5 str while justiciars gives 18 att and 4 str would 1 more str beat out the extra att on new piece for fudo.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-09-28 12:48:40  

Is this acceptable being that sam would be like... 8th string job I don't want to invest much time/effort into? Could I improve it much without exerting drastic effort?

Is this going to be more effective than anything I could do with the Murasamemaru?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-28 13:05:56  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Is this acceptable being that sam would be like... 8th string job I don't want to invest much time/effort into? Could I improve it much without exerting drastic effort?

Is this going to be more effective than anything I could do with the Murasamemaru?
If you don't have a masamune, and have 7 jobs that are better geared then your SAM, just go one of them. The set isn't bad, but then again you have 2 fairly hard to obtain rare/ex vw drops on there.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-28 13:37:56  
Makado said: »
Wondering what gorget is best out of these 3 sea gorget, justice and new justiciar's.Seems justice gives 14.25 att and 5 str while justiciars gives 18 att and 4 str would 1 more str beat out the extra att on new piece for fudo.

............. what? Justice torque gives 14.25 att? is that what you just said? 7 skill = 7 att, + 5 STR = 3.5 att or so... 7 + 3.5 = 14.25? or is my math horribly wrong?
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-28 13:41:40  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Makado said: »

............. what? Justice torque gives 14.25 att? is that what you just said? 7 skill = 7 att, + 5 STR = 3.5 att or so... 7 + 3.5 = 14.25? or is my math horribly wrong?

Your not wrong, people greatly overestimate what skill actually is.

1 skill = 1 attack and .9 Accuracy nothing more nothing less.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-28 13:44:21  
And that guy has Amano, and Masa and was saying "relics are dead" in other thread /sigh... Here I am tryin to build my Masa and make my sam better and there are guys out there like Mak just muckin it up with bad info :(

(sorry man I dont mean to be TOO offensive..but wtf? lol)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-09-28 14:06:43  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Is this acceptable being that sam would be like... 8th string job I don't want to invest much time/effort into? Could I improve it much without exerting drastic effort? Is this going to be more effective than anything I could do with the Murasamemaru?
If you don't have a masamune, and have 7 jobs that are better geared then your SAM, just go one of them. The set isn't bad, but then again you have 2 fairly hard to obtain rare/ex vw drops on there.

I'd have (or will get, depending on the case) the neck and body for drk or to fill the possible builds I could make in the future on drg, anyhow. The gearing of sam at all is because I feel stupid leveling a job and not having at least a mediocre "hey we need your lolsam for x/y situation" setup. I don't want to build an empy for it, but at the same time I would at least like to have it not be naked it the time comes someone wants it (or i'm bored of the aforementioned 7 jobs etc).

Also, sam is fun to *** around with ;3
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-29 23:43:41  
Crazy question, and plz, feel free to math it up and shoot my idea down (most of you will say its stupid but idc lol)... But is there a way to 5-hit Masa, and cap haste, without using the ammo/body slot for STP?

cuz i'm thinking of a build that uses ace's mail, and shigeto bow (since it clearly produces some VERY good dmg numbers with the GK SC+5% evolith stone in it)
By Makado 2011-09-30 00:41:21  
My bad 10.75 att on justice 7 from skill 3.75 from str.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-30 01:11:32  
Crazy question, and plz, feel free to math it up and shoot my idea down (most of you will say its stupid but idc lol)... But is there a way to 5-hit Masa, and cap haste, without using the ammo/body slot for STP? cuz i'm thinking of a build that uses ace's mail, and shigeto bow (since it clearly produces some VERY good dmg numbers with the GK SC+5% evolith stone in it)
No, and 5hit build should not be considered at this time in the game, outside of specific situations that you can fully use them in.

Been tinkering around with a new 6hit build, since Ive been asked about the Ace's mail. At first it didnt match up so I tossed that idea out the window, but I redid other gear slots that I hadnt swapped around and found a reasonable 6hit build thats better than our current one on outside content where accuracy/attack/str are still relevent.

masa/sword/blacktath
Unkai+2/Rancor(Gane)/Centaurus(kemas,bush)/Brutal
Aces/Aces/Mars/Rajas
Atheling/Bullwhip/Unkai+2/Unkai+2

Its only .4% short of capped gear haste which is exactly what youll be at with previous 6hit unkai+2 body + usukane(remember acc is relevent with this situation thus usukane > aces).

If you dont like the look of aces mufflers or unkai+2 feet, you can swap them out for dusk+1/Usukane and still be slightly ahead of unkai+2 body build.

Inside abyssea(if on sam for w/e reason) you should stick with unkai+2 body builds.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-30 01:14:46  
why isn't the shigeto in that build? (just curious.. i mean wouldn't the +5% SC dmg be pretty damn beastly?)
 Ragnarok.Castellano
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-09-30 01:25:49  
would using ace's really be worth losing the zanshin on af3 body?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-09-30 01:53:39  
why isn't the shigeto in that build? (just curious.. i mean wouldn't the +5% SC dmg be pretty damn beastly?)

im pretty sure the shigeto bow's 5% sc damage doesnt affect any other weapon other than the bow itself

someone posted a picture a while back (before samurai got the skillchain bonus trait) doing a mirrored 1k gekko and darkness, showing that it didnt work
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-30 01:55:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

im pretty sure the shigeto bow's 5% sc damage doesnt affect any other weapon other than the bow itself

someone posted a picture a while back (before samurai got the skillchain bonus trait) doing a mirrored 1k gekko and darkness, showing that it didnt work
yep
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Evolith
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-30 02:27:22  
SE fixed it to do just that..there are NO GKs that will even hold a stone that size... with that element and shape
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-30 02:32:14  
And then I have another question for you Hito... Aethling? I thought it was determined Unkai was just as good if not better? Or are they about equal and I'm mistaken?
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-30 02:45:22  
Unkai is 5% zanshin no? that equals 1.25% nabis-zanshin, which is really only saving you 2 swings, while atheling is 3% DA which in turn is 3 swings. However with enough zanshin in gear, you could get 2% nabis-zanshin return.

Now while they do save round or 2, the 3% DA on atheling is also 3 hits that can have aftermath proc on it, while an extra hit from nabis-zanshin is only 1 or 2 hits max for aftermath. Theyre very close though.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-30 02:51:06  
I have both which is why I ask.. I thought on the Fudo thread, they said Unkai was better /shrug...I have 4/5 ikishoten and zanshin can still proc on regular attacks (can it proc on a double or triple to make a trip/quad?), also in Aby DA is severely diminished with 25% TA (RR/Apoc/A&O)
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-30 02:59:50  
This setup is for outside abyssea, not inside. However like I said, theyre very similiar in performance and double up as a ws piece, I doubt anyone will call you out on using one over the other.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-30 03:00:08  
ya, its already happened in my LS lol

Not that i was called like "gimp" or anything...but meh w/e lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-09-30 04:00:38