フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi gear sets
Yoichi gear sets
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-18 10:50:56  
I'm pretty well versed when it comes to SAM sets for Yoichi, but looking for some advice for RNG. Would be used mostly for VW at this point.

Thanks in advance!
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 11:08:25  
You looking for tp and/or WS?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-18 11:23:50  
Both would be great.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 11:26:52  
Ok give me a sec.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-11-18 12:07:39  
Seiri, if your name was one letter different then your name and your server would be anagrams of each other.

That's all I have to contribute :( continue
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-11-18 12:10:07  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Seiri, if your name was one letter different then your name and your server would be anagrams of each other.

That's all I have to contribute :( continue

Stop contributting useless things :(
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 12:32:54  
Ok...sorry for the delay took a bit of toying. Thanks Raen! You're input is awsome as always~

All sets assume /sam.

Preshot set (BFG snap+4)

Main-shot set
Returns 26.3 tp per hit, requiring 21.1 tp return from WS.
Tyrants used over hoard so as to avoid the slight DPS loss from fSTR2, the 2 racc from the agi loss should be irrelevent considering the innate racc boost from yoichi.

WS set (Namas)
Returns 21.16 tp, basically a perfect 4 hit. Anwig str/agi aug.

Things to note: This setup skews dmg almost entirely toward WS dmg, which for VW with the set enmity return i believe is ideal. However, the ODT increase on the 95 yoichi is not built upon, leaving room for 'ideal improvements'.

Edit: Any suggestions or contradictions would be MORE than welcome, as these are only theoretical sets for the bow that I am still working on. These sets are purely for VW, I have sets mapped out for lesser content, so please bear in mind!
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-18 13:03:15  
With an fTP of 2.75 wouldn't gorget/ele belt be better?

Does claymore grip/rancors collar work for RA? With the saveTP from VW I was thinking you should drop some stp for crits or att.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 13:13:23  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
With an fTP of 2.75 wouldn't gorget/ele belt be better?

Does claymore grip/rancors collar work for RA? With the saveTP from VW I was thinking you should drop some stp for crits or att.

For ele gorget/belt, 0.1 ftp would be a boost of 3% ish, with a 40% str mod and the huge fSTR2 required, beir +1 will win for certain, the neck im not 100% sure of but the only thing i could see winning is an ire torque +1, and i'd take scarf for the combination of stats.

Claymore doesnt work. Rancor does. I'd COMPLETELY forgotten atmacite save tp >< crap. Would be able to swap out neck, head, waist, ring2 and feet at least and retain a 4 hit even without /sam.... Ah well... If your still around later i'll have another toy but gotta at least try logging in now..

Edit: Or could try another atmacite combination...might make things interesting at least!
By KothoftheHammer 2011-11-18 13:34:03  
Whats this doing in ranger?
 Phoenix.Muhnjob
サーバ: Phoenix
user: muhn
By Phoenix.Muhnjob 2011-11-18 13:56:33  
with atmacite /sam and a cor you can get a 1 hit but your waiting on 2 tics from regain but its not a long wait since your shooting during that time anways.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-11-18 15:11:56  
i had asked specifically about str options vs ele belt/gorget(i even particularly mentioned that it would imply VW temps being active) i was told in a worst case scenario(-70 fSTR2, 100 STR and 100 AGI total during WS), ele gorget/belt still weighs about 20~24 STR. vzx was the one who came through with that info in bg/what's better thread. the implication was that none of the available STR options would even touch it, if thats an incorrect assumption, id like to know more so i can maximize namas damage
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 15:46:49  
Ragnarok.Matix said: »
i had asked specifically about str options vs ele belt/gorget(i even particularly mentioned that it would imply VW temps being active) i was told in a worst case scenario(-70 fSTR2, 100 STR and 100 AGI total during WS), ele gorget/belt still weighs about 20~24 STR. vzx was the one who came through with that info in bg/what's better thread. the implication was that none of the available STR options would even touch it, if thats an incorrect assumption, id like to know more so i can maximize namas damage

He's using the old gorget = 12str for tachi: gekko arguement i believe. For rng the fSTR will have a bigger impact, despite a smaller base str mod.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-11-18 16:14:25  
I haven't done ffxi math in ages, but each of the belt/gorget options give you +0.1fTP. There are two facts about fTP which make it convenient to perform calculations with;

1. General: fTP is a multiplier. This means that it is completely independent of all other factors (unless somehow your base damage is 0). You can therefore ignore EVERYTHING that doesn't affect fTP when performing calculations on it.
2. Ranged specific: no Double Attack/Triple Attack etc mean the value is static.

The increase in damage% from a belt is (0.1/old fTP) * 100 [or 10/old fTP if you prefer, but how I wrote it there is easier to remember logically]. (0.2/old fTP) * 100 [or 20/old fTP] if considering both.

EDIT: I wasn't being really specific;

The increase in damage from (D + fSTR2 + WSC) is also a multiplier and so can be considered independent except in that STR also adds (r)atk but we'll ignore this for now (but is definitely a consideration if you find yourself at a stalemate between the pieces);

x/y where x is the increase from adding stats and y is the old (D + fSTR2 + WSC) is the increase.

Calculate your D + WSC + fSTR2(approximated) and then set x/y = (your increase in damage from gorget/belt. *100 if you are using percentage and not decimal (the forms above are percentage)). You know y, so multiply the increase from gorget/belt by it and you have how much extra (D + WSC + fSTR2) you need to equal it.

You are presumably not adding D, so you can ignore that. If you are uncapped fSTR2, you can't ignore that and if you are adding a significant amount of STR it is worth noting that outside of attack-cap scenarios, you will need less "x" than advertised to beat it. Opposite is true if you need racc during WS for whatever reason.

This sounds complex I know!
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 17:11:53  
Dont worry raen think most will get that, fairly simply done.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-18 17:20:38  
Ok my alterations to my previous sets assuming atmacites.

I'm going to assume save tp +20, and regain +2 atmacites used, and that 3 ticks of regain will occur during 2 actual shots, thus requiring 74 tp to be accumulated before reaching 100tp.

My tp set remains unchanged, netting 26.3 tp per hit, for 52.6 from 2 shots, requiring 21.4 tp returned from WS.

I'll go with this:

Changed from previous are simply the light gorget, and rajas ring.

Nets 21.92 return, bringing total tp from 2 shots + ws + save + 3 regain ticks to 100.52.

I'm assuming no cor in party, as often a cor will be in with another DD pt, or for some other reason be unable to hit you with PR.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-19 09:30:30  
Thanks, finished Yoichi last night!

What were your normal sets for XP type mobs?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-11-19 13:52:10  
Edit: Nevermind, I'm silly
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-20 19:23:00  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Thanks, finished Yoichi last night!

What were your normal sets for XP type mobs?

Basically the same tbh, just use an extra pyrosoul in ws rather than rajas and maintain your 4 hit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-01-22 15:02:23  
Got my Futatokoroto and close to my yoichi. This is my planned gearset for Namas with what i have now. I'm not taking into account any STP yet as i'll do that at a later time. Suggestions?

Lakshmi.Lyonard
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lyonard
By Lakshmi.Lyonard 2012-01-22 15:57:17  
Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
Got my Futatokoroto and close to my yoichi. This is my planned gearset for Namas with what i have now. I'm not taking into account any STP yet as i'll do that at a later time. Suggestions?

personally the only thing that come in my mind right now is that maybe u could replace the bellon with pyrosoul ring and the altdorf and wilhelm with vulcan's earring ( if u cannot afford them, altdorf and whilehelm should be ok) , and terebellum mantle could be replaced by sylvan chlamys...

even if namas arrow is 40% str and agi, u should benefit more from str because those changes should help u to cap the fstr2 and add some wsc mode...

i hope i am right and this can be of help :)
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-01-22 18:43:47  
This is just what i have on me at the moment. I don't have the str earrings so i figured 8 agi would be > 3 str and 4 ranged accuracy. I also have been adding more attack in general for most of my ws's(unless at attack cap). My sidewinder's were doing better with this ring/back setup vs str options(haven't tried +3 str from pyro ring even though +3 alone wouldnt be noticeable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-01-22 19:00:39  
This is the set I'm working on to have once I get my Yoichi.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-22 20:06:50  
Mirador trousers > Ambusher's hose
Sct. Socks +2 is most likely better than Sylvan Bottln. +2.
Sylvan Earring can be safely replaced by another STR+3/ STR+4 earring
Sct. Bracers +2 is probably better than Syl. Glvltte. +2
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-22 20:10:07  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Mirador trousers > Ambusher's hose
Sct. Socks +2 is most likely better than Sylvan Bottln. +2.
Sylvan Earring can be safely replaced by another STR+3/ STR+4 earring
Sct. Bracers +2 is probably better than Syl. Glvltte. +2
I agree with everything, but this is a definite probably. I think I'd be close one.
 Asura.Hyden
user: Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2012-01-22 21:19:40  
Hachiryu legs > Mirador > Ambusher's? Been wrestling w/ a similar issue on SAM.

Also, Uther's Grip will give you one more STR.

Been using:

(STR AGI WSacc WSdmg on Anwig. Still not sure about head choice.)

Not sure if it's too heavy on STR and not enough on AGI. (if you /can/ be too heavy on STR :x)

Looking to upgrade to Scout's Bracers +2 and 4STR earrings.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-23 04:15:47  
Hachiryu vs Mirador would come down to:
2 ratk vs not-sure-if-I-need-this-17racc-or-5enmity
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2012-02-03 11:51:11  
So when it comes to Ideal yoichi sets for VW what should they be?
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-02-03 11:59:53  
There shouldn't be much of a difference between using one of the other sets with VW mobs.

I have that lined up for when I finish Yoichi
First Page 2 3 4