Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-19 00:03:38  
Cocaines a hell of a drug
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-19 00:39:17  
Nope, Entropy is still ***. Reconfirmed 0.75 at 100tp and 0.9ish at 300tp (Gobli says 0.9375).

I'm calling shenanigans on Bdice and Lorax. Pix or GTFO.

Feel like I wasted ten merits.
 Ramuh.Thetone
サーバ: Ramuh
user: TheTone
By Ramuh.Thetone 2011-12-19 16:20:50  
Well, I wouldn't go by this on unlocking the WS. Using better WS gear will get different numbers so only time will tell. So far without capping Resolution I have been getting higher numbers in Abyssea than what was listed as the average for Entropy (1.6k).

What level was that Caladbolg? If it was only 85, the base DMG would be very low for a multihit WS.

Glad the OP has found that Entropy is a good WS, I'll do some testing once I cap it out.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2011-12-19 22:40:04  
I don't have Entropy capped yet (3/5 atm) but in my experience with the weapon skill thus far... it's not necessarily stronger than Guillotine, but it certainly has it's uses.

As a Dark Knight who likes to solo from time to time, Entropy alleviates pretty much any of the need to rest or having to use mp sparingly (but this should go without saying and it would only take 1/5 merits to gain the benefit of the WS's mp return).

From a DD perspective this weapon skill also allows you to solo Fragmentation (Guillotine > Entropy) or solo Darkness (Spiral Hell <> Entropy). (I think you can also solo Light in a 3 part skillchain (Guillotine > Entropy (for Frag) > Insurgency (for Light) if you time yourself correctly and utilize Absorb-TP (but I myself haven't done that as of yet).

I can tell you that Guillotine > Entropy as a skillchain is stronger than using Guillotine twice with no additional skillchain damage.

----------------------------

As a side thought, presuming a person were to cap Entropy 5/5 and had a semi decent build for it.

Wouldn't Entropy as a 4 hit weapon skill with 100% INT modifier used at 300% out perform Guillotine which is also 4 hit with 25% STR/MND modifier?

Assuming that that's correct, a person who's main job is Dark Knight could merit Entropy 5/5 and start off a fight/zerg or something using Entropy and then switching to Guillotine spam for the remaining skillchains. Just as another additional use.
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-19 22:58:25  
My main is BLM full merited INT and im Taru wanted to try DD and i chose DRK at 99 it has 100+ base INT lol so it might be helpful w/ entropy im trying to build a set for it bale boots+2 ,abyssal gloves+2,
twilight set even tho Shinryu is been a deepshit not giving me the mail...but i have a question ..wouldnt INT scythe be better than Twilight?... at 99 i think it has 141+ base DMG and +10INT
 Bahamut.Thetone
サーバ: Bahamut
user: TheTone
By Bahamut.Thetone 2011-12-19 23:13:53  
Titan.Bomber said: »
My main is BLM full merited INT and im Taru wanted to try DD and i chose DRK at 99 it has 100+ base INT lol so it might be helpful w/ entropy im trying to build a set for it bale boots+2 ,abyssal gloves+2,
twilight set even tho Shinryu is been a deepshit not giving me the mail...but i have a question ..wouldnt INT scythe be better than Twilight?... at 99 i think it has 141+ base DMG and +10INT

Twilight Scythe is nice to keep for the magic damage but it is outclassed for WS damage by any scythe with higher damage.
By Demonicmechanic 2011-12-19 23:45:58  
ok 5/5 Entropy twilight mail helm and scythe drk af3+2 hands legs feet. i tried 2 atma set ups my regular Smiting blow VV Stoutarm averaged from 2-3k on puppets in aby alepa max was 3.7k. Went with 3 INT atmas and about the same max was 3.5k. I didnt have any Gorgets or belts on just basic STR (mainly Bale) stuff on. I keep hearing that the Gorgets and Belts make a BIG difference on the new WSs because they apply to every hit not just the 1st. can anyone confirm this?
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2011-12-20 00:14:54  
Demonicmechanic said: »
ok 5/5 Entropy twilight mail helm and scythe drk af3+2 hands legs feet. i tried 2 atma set ups my regular Smiting blow VV Stoutarm averaged from 2-3k on puppets in aby alepa max was 3.7k. Went with 3 INT atmas and about the same max was 3.5k. I didnt have any Gorgets or belts on just basic STR (mainly Bale) stuff on. I keep hearing that the Gorgets and Belts make a BIG difference on the new WSs because they apply to every hit not just the 1st. can anyone confirm this?

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/106679-Test-Server-Findings/page101
Confirmation is pretty much all throughout this thread.

--------

I'm not sure which 3 INT atmas you used but the only one that's probably worth using is Minikin Monstrosity.

I would reckon the 3 best Atma's if you're focusing on Entropy specifically would be Atma of the Apocalypse (because Triple Attack for both TP and WS is huge), Smiting Blow (for the TP Bonus to 2-Handed weapons {assuming it's at least 100}), and then either Stout Arm (for the hefty boost to attack) or Minikin Monstrosity (for the 50 INT as a modifier boost).

If Smiting Blow is no good then probably Apoc, Smiting, and Minikin. I imagine the best option would be between those 4 though.

I personally would probably just use Apoc, Razed Ruins and... I dunno, Smiting Blow because Apoc and Smiting Blow would be good for both Entropy and Guillotine and Razed Ruins for non WS hits of course.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-20 14:54:34  
Okay I would say that Entropy is a nice candidate for TotM TP Bonus Scythe and Smiting Blow. Get belt and gorget on it and you have a Torcleaver class WS at 100tp with 100% INT mod and easy 5-hit.

Belated edit: But then so is Resolution, and also STR mod for EZ-Hax damage.
 Shiva.Thannatos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Thannatos
By Shiva.Thannatos 2011-12-24 03:37:17  
I can't even get my Entropy to hit for even decent numbers. I'm beginning to think I wasted my time merits getting that WS to 5/5. :/
 Shiva.Thannatos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Thannatos
By Shiva.Thannatos 2011-12-24 03:41:40  
Bdice said: »
The damage @ 5/5 Beats Guillotine 100% of the time PLUS Drains MP.

Really, now? Now I'm definitely curious to see what your Guillotine's hitting for.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-24 06:30:10  
Only tried Entropy in Abyssea myself so far, and I parsed my own dmg just to see.
Avaraged aprox 200 higher than guillo, and 400-500 higher than Cata with 90 Apoc.
Was rather small samplesize, and I were using RR Apoc Lion for skillups, so not very consistent numbers.
Entropy did spike the highest, all the way up to 4.9k, on worms in aby - ule.

I'll be testing it on some VW next time I get to go DRK on that.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-24 08:47:33  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Only tried Entropy in Abyssea myself so far, and I parsed my own dmg just to see. Avaraged aprox 200 higher than guillo, and 400-500 higher than Cata with 90 Apoc. Was rather small samplesize, and I were using RR Apoc Lion for skillups, so not very consistent numbers. Entropy did spike the highest, all the way up to 4.9k, on worms in aby - ule. I'll be testing it on some VW next time I get to go DRK on that.

I threw some Entropys out a VW (3/5 still) and it does comparable damage to Cata. 5/5 should make it the most damaging scythe WS.
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2011-12-29 16:57:20  
Absorb - INT and Acc helps with consistency even on a 1/5 Entropy. It degrades and wears off so recasting as often as possible adds to consistency. I will usually hit between 1 - 1.8k with absorb spells only. However, I like have fun and break my own records. So far in a non - abyssea area with little or no prowess in Zehrun my highest damage is 2808 on a Colliery Bat:

Gear set up:
Head: Bale Bureonet +2
Weapon: Twilight Scythe
Off hand: Danger Grip
Body: Twilight Mail
Neck: Bale Choker
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Abyssal Earring
Hands: Bale Gauntlets +1
Ring1: Keen Ring
Ring2: Spiral Ring
Back:Atheling mantle
Waist: Potent Belt
Legs: Bale Flanchard +2
Feet: Bale sollerets +1

Used absorb Int with nether void and bale Flanchard +2 Macro
Used absorb Acc
Popped Souleater and Last Resort
Base Int is 89 with an added 40 - 50 from augmented absorb and gear.
Just have fun!
 Sylph.Lorax
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-12-31 03:28:41  
So I've been using Entropy a lot lately as it's a far stronger WS than Catastrophe. Thought I'd share my current setup with you guys.

Current Entropy set:

It's not perfect, been looking for ombre tathlum for a while, along with other stuff like ogiers breeches, or valkyries cuishes are possible upgrades.

Highest I've seen outside abyssea here...

Edit: I'll see if I can dig up some VW numbers. The SS are so spread out though it'll take forever to find em' lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-31 04:44:17  
WHAT THE EVERLIVING ***; I didn't think it could become that good after seeing initial results. o_o

Other than that now we finally have a strong Scythe WS, what does this mean for Apoc as of now?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-31 04:58:53  
People don't SA/TA Fafnir to death to get TH to it's highest!?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-31 06:50:04  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
WHAT THE EVERLIVING ***; I didn't think it could become that good after seeing initial results. o_o

Other than that now we finally have a strong Scythe WS, what does this mean for Apoc as of now?

Got to go DRK to lots of VW yesterday, Entropy allways did avarage out better, but at times it was just by like 30 dmg over cata.
I'd say apocalypse and entropy goes hand in hand very well, as you get tp so fast its no problem at all to alternate
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-31 07:43:46  
Sylph.Lorax said: »
Highest I've seen outside abyssea here...

What were your buffs?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-31 16:17:16  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »

Got to go DRK to lots of VW yesterday, Entropy allways did avarage out better, but at times it was just by like 30 dmg over cata.
I'd say apocalypse and entropy goes hand in hand very well, as you get tp so fast its no problem at all to alternate

SOLD. Apoc, here I come!
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-01-02 12:20:53  
Got 5/5 Entropy recently, very small sample size but even so I did some testing on Spectators in Abyssea-Altepa just to get a rough idea of how they compare.

Guillotine: 2,960 - 4,196 - 2,167 - 3,087 - 2,772 - 2,906 - 2,216 - 2,931 - 3,995 - 2,923
=Avg of 3,015

Entropy: 3,083 - 3,745 - 4,637 - 3,408 - 3,671 - 4,212 - 3,277 - 2,499 - 5,200 - 2,925
= Avg of 3,666

Just 10 WS's each. All WS's were done with only last resort up.
Atmas were Razed Ruins, Apocalypse, and Smiting Blow.
Used the same gear to weapon skill for both (my WS set for Guillotine)

So, Entropy won by an average of 651 damage and given that my WS set wasn't geared towards Entropy (no gorget, no elemental belt, etc) I'd say that with a specific build for it Entropy would pull even further ahead of Guillotine.

--------

Also, I haven't recorded any numbers so don't quote me on this but Entropy *seems* to perform better during Voidwatch... but that's just from eyeballing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2012-01-02 13:03:57  
With 5/5 Entropy, how does Liberator stack up against Apoc now ?
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-01-02 13:29:34  
It destroys it on paper.
 Sylph.Lorax
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2012-01-02 19:44:08  
Sorry was away for the weekend, my buffs were LR SE Hasso and NV abs-int. 300tp.
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2012-01-02 22:31:31  
Resolution is still superior WS for Drk to be using so why so much buzz about entropy? Unless your an apoc user ( and are willing to sacrifice your haste aftermath ) I cant see a reason to not just use 90 Calab / Ragnarok and stick to resolution.
 Titan.Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2012-01-02 22:45:25  
Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »
Got 5/5 Entropy recently, very small sample size but even so I did some testing on Spectators in Abyssea-Altepa just to get a rough idea of how they compare.

Guillotine: 2,960 - 4,196 - 2,167 - 3,087 - 2,772 - 2,906 - 2,216 - 2,931 - 3,995 - 2,923
=Avg of 3,015

Entropy: 3,083 - 3,745 - 4,637 - 3,408 - 3,671 - 4,212 - 3,277 - 2,499 - 5,200 - 2,925
= Avg of 3,666

So, Entropy won by an average of 651 damage and given that my WS set wasn't geared towards Entropy (no gorget, no elemental belt, etc) I'd say that with a specific build for it Entropy would pull even further ahead of Guillotine.

--------

Also, I haven't recorded any numbers so don't quote me on this but Entropy *seems* to perform better during Voidwatch... but that's just from eyeballing.
Is that scythe +100 tp bonus or 10% dmg
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-01-02 23:20:35  
Phoenix.Deboro said: »
Resolution is still superior WS for Drk to be using so why so much buzz about entropy? Unless your an apoc user ( and are willing to sacrifice your haste aftermath ) I cant see a reason to not just use 90 Calab / Ragnarok and stick to resolution.

I dunno about other people, but for a job like Dark Knight which is proficient with two weapons I like to have any weapon skill that is useful.

Resolution is certainly the stronger weapon skill; however, Resolution doesn't return mp so Entropy (Scythe) is a better choice for those who like to solo.
Also, unless you have an Apoc Entropy is the only Gravitation WS that we have as Dark Knights between G. Sword and Scythe increasing potential skillchain usefulness.
As you said for an Apoc user it's a stronger weapon skill if they're willing to gear according for it, and... some people just prefer using a Scythe /shrug.

=Avg of 3,015

= Avg of 3,666

--------

It's 10% Damage, I started it a while ago and figured it would be the best scythe for Guillotine. Not sure if I'd be up to doing a scythe just for Entropy but the TP bonus one would be pretty awesome for it no doubt.
 Titan.Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2012-01-02 23:34:52  
Resolution might be better for elvaans and galka but for Taru DRK like me Entropy wins ^_^
 Titan.Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2012-01-02 23:37:24  

I dunno about other people, but for a job like Dark Knight which is proficient with two weapons I like to have any weapon skill that is useful.

Resolution is certainly the stronger weapon skill; however, Resolution doesn't return mp so Entropy (Scythe) is a better choice for those who like to solo.
Also, unless you have an Apoc Entropy is the only Gravitation WS that we have as Dark Knights between G. Sword and Scythe increasing potential skillchain usefulness.
As you said for an Apoc user it's a stronger weapon skill if they're willing to gear according for it, and... some people just prefer using a Scythe /shrug.

=Avg of 3,015

= Avg of 3,666

--------

It's 10% Damage, I started it a while ago and figured it would be the best scythe for Guillotine. Not sure if I'd be up to doing a scythe just for Entropy but the TP bonus one would be pretty awesome for it no doubt.
I think i saw how the +100 tp bonus one ends at 99 and base dmg was pretty low ..like 120+ idk if the bonus makes up for it im not sure how exactly it works btw in abyssea shouldnt the best atmas for it be smithing blow+griffon's claw+VV?