users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK WS, Empy/Relic/Merit
DRK WS, Empy/Relic/Merit
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-01-02 23:58:40  
Yeah it ends up becoming Basanizo with a base damage of 127, idk if the base damage would make up for it either... probably wouldn't in terms of DoT.

And... for abyssea those atmas might be the best if your only concern is weapon skill damage.

I used RR because even though our WS's don't crit, our regular melee hits do so Razed Ruins is going to serve you better in the long run.
Apoc is just for the triple attack, in my WS #'s in that earlier post the 5,200 Entropy and the 4,196 Guillotine were due to triple attacks. I could be wrong but I doubt you'll weaponskill as high without that atma.

I have no idea how good Griffon's Claw could be, the description is vague. The g.swd/scythe skill is not a big deal but the WS dmg + could be epic.... or it could suck. My guess is that it fails in comparision though.
VV isn't bad but the STR prolly does very little for you, the regain imo is only useful when idle (but i have a 5-hit so that's just my opinion) and the dbl atk is a kind of gimp option compared to the triple atk option from apoc (unless ur using vv and apoc but... diminishing returns, etc, etc).
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 00:09:18  

Why are we talking about DRK in Abyssea?
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-01-03 00:12:35  
Because that's where I was when I was killing Spectators for Trial 3360 (300 weaponskill kills on arcana mobs).

Figured I'd test the WS there same time, problem?
 Asura.Yoyou
サーバ: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-01-03 01:04:18  
To be honest I'm abit disappointed by Entrophy.
Ok, it is superior to Cata even at 3/5 but the fact I would need to ws at 300 tp at the start of every battle in order to keep the AM up to have better DoT while build tp and being forced to do that every 1 minute is annoying not to count in that minute you could have performed 2 more ws with those 300 tp.
There's to take into account that Cata lands always 1400-2300 dmg (atleast for me on vwnm) or either it misses , aswell you can abuse of Souleater whenever it is up because the Weaponskill heals yourself.

All these dumb weaponskill and theirs Mods are starting to get annoying , atleast for me , Resolution is probably the only good thing Drk got in awhile to match up with Sams and Wars.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 01:08:40  
Brb making Ragnarok .. owait
 Bismarck.Yor
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Yor 2012-01-03 01:09:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Brb making Ragnarok .. owait

Ok , oh wait .../care.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 01:19:00  
Attention
Can I have it
Owait

Thank you :D
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-01-03 01:49:51  
Np.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 02:10:08  
I do have a question for Apoc owners.
Why would you make Apoc over Rag?
Doesn't make sense to me :/
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-03 02:21:57  

Amish people use scythe's

Why would you use a horse and buggy over a car? It's preference! Mostly amish though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 02:48:57  
What certain mobs are you talking about?
I find it hard to believe that Apoc will be better that Rag for dding regardless the situation.
Fanatics + 3potions and ppl's is all the survivability u should need :/
I still see no reason to make Apoc
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-03 03:12:19  
Still trolling these threads?

We get it, Rag is a powerhouse. Let it rest.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 03:24:45  
Need something to do while I'm at work :/off now so back to gaming etc
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 03:27:55  
Btw SE. Wtf is the mythic GS ! D:
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-01-03 03:30:11  
What certain mobs are you talking about?
I find it hard to believe that Apoc will be better that Rag for dding regardless the situation.
Fanatics + 3potions and ppl's is all the survivability u should need :/
I still see no reason to make Apoc
self-sufficiency, brah

Because that's totally not a problem for non-apoc DRKs though, amirite?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-03 04:50:07  
Asura.Yoyou said: »
To be honest I'm abit disappointed by Entrophy.
Ok, it is superior to Cata even at 3/5 but the fact I would need to ws at 300 tp at the start of every battle in order to keep the AM up to have better DoT while build tp and being forced to do that every 1 minute is annoying not to count in that minute you could have performed 2 more ws with those 300 tp.
There's to take into account that Cata lands always 1400-2300 dmg (atleast for me on vwnm) or either it misses , aswell you can abuse of Souleater whenever it is up because the Weaponskill heals yourself.

All these dumb weaponskill and theirs Mods are starting to get annoying , atleast for me , Resolution is probably the only good thing Drk got in awhile to match up with Sams and Wars.

Not like getting 300tp is a problem in VW.
Use wing -> cata -> spam entropy.
If you'r in a pt with both cor and brd, you'll have 100tp before entropy animation finishes, so you can get out a good amount of them in 1 minute!
The way I've been doing it, on zerged fights is save up 300tp before fight -> cata -> wing + sekka -> entropy spam until AM is about to wear off, use wing, cata -> repeat.
Alternating weaponskills like this obviously wont be very viable in unbuffed normal fights, but in those situations, entropy offers a very very nice way to regain mp, if you ever have that issue.
 Bismarck.Yor
By Bismarck.Yor 2012-01-03 05:43:19  
Been doing that Kvazz but landing all the 4 hits seems not my forte atm.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-01-03 06:23:28  

I made Apoc when Ragna was absolutely terrible. Ragna wasn't exactly appealing when it struggled to 7 hit and to cap gear haste. Even as recent as pre-Resolution it was debateable whether it beat Apoc due to lower WS frequency.

I own both but if I was told to pick only one, even now I would pick Apoc every single day of the week without a second thought. Apoc just offers far more versatility whereas all Ragna has going for it is damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-03 06:41:49  
Asura.Jem said: »

I made Apoc when Ragna was absolutely terrible. Ragna wasn't exactly appealing when it struggled to 7 hit and to cap gear haste. Even as recent as pre-Resolution it was debateable whether it beat Apoc due to lower WS frequency.

I own both but if I was told to pick only one, even now I would pick Apoc every single day of the week without a second thought. Apoc just offers far more versatility whereas all Ragna has going for it is damage.
How are you getting lower WS frequency with Ragnarok ?
With that low delay you should be swinging faster and even tho you don't get as my TP/hit your still hitting more often than Apoc.
Idk what you guys are doing on DRK that you need the HP drain from Cata but I haven't had to do anything that would require it. Scourge was always just used as an AM application. Regardless of how quick you got your AM on, you would have it reapplied before it wore off. It really isn't debatable even without Reso which is better. I can cap gear haste and have a 50% crit rate, Apoc can't.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-01-03 07:08:05  

How are you getting lower WS frequency with Ragnarok ?
With that low delay you should be swinging faster and even tho you don't get as my TP/hit your still hitting more often than Apoc.
Idk what you guys are doing on DRK that you need the HP drain from Cata but I haven't had to do anything that would require it. Scourge was always just used as an AM application. Regardless of how quick you got your AM on, you would have it reapplied before it wore off. It really isn't debatable even without Reso which is better. I can cap gear haste and have a 50% crit rate, Apoc can't.

How do you get the same WS frequency? Apoc 5 hits (2052 delay after WS) Ragna 7 hits (2586 delay after WS). So a 26% difference.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-03 12:08:07  
I do have a question for Apoc owners. Why would you make Apoc over Rag? Doesn't make sense to me :/
I made Apoc when Ragna was absolutely terrible. Ragna wasn't exactly appealing when it struggled to 7 hit and to cap gear haste. Even as recent as pre-Resolution it was debateable whether it beat Apoc due to lower WS frequency. I own both but if I was told to pick only one, even now I would pick Apoc every single day of the week without a second thought. Apoc just offers far more versatility whereas all Ragna has going for it is damage.
How are you getting lower WS frequency with Ragnarok ? With that low delay you should be swinging faster and even tho you don't get as my TP/hit your still hitting more often than Apoc. Idk what you guys are doing on DRK that you need the HP drain from Cata but I haven't had to do anything that would require it. Scourge was always just used as an AM application. Regardless of how quick you got your AM on, you would have it reapplied before it wore off. It really isn't debatable even without Reso which is better. I can cap gear haste and have a 50% crit rate, Apoc can't.
How do you get the same WS frequency? Apoc 5 hits (2052 delay after WS) Ragna 7 hits (2586 delay after WS). So a 26% difference.

I parsed a couple Rag users this morning 35% crit rate on VW mobs.

Haven't found a Rag DRK or WAR that can touch a proper Apoc DRK.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-03 13:07:52  
Rag has also benefited more from the upgrades than Apoc. Up to crit hit rate IV or something?... Apoc has received nothing along those lines.

Why has this devolved into Apoc vs. Rag?... Beyond stupid people.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-03 13:54:25  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
I do have a question for Apoc owners. Why would you make Apoc over Rag? Doesn't make sense to me :/
I made Apoc when Ragna was absolutely terrible. Ragna wasn't exactly appealing when it struggled to 7 hit and to cap gear haste. Even as recent as pre-Resolution it was debateable whether it beat Apoc due to lower WS frequency. I own both but if I was told to pick only one, even now I would pick Apoc every single day of the week without a second thought. Apoc just offers far more versatility whereas all Ragna has going for it is damage.
How are you getting lower WS frequency with Ragnarok ? With that low delay you should be swinging faster and even tho you don't get as my TP/hit your still hitting more often than Apoc. Idk what you guys are doing on DRK that you need the HP drain from Cata but I haven't had to do anything that would require it. Scourge was always just used as an AM application. Regardless of how quick you got your AM on, you would have it reapplied before it wore off. It really isn't debatable even without Reso which is better. I can cap gear haste and have a 50% crit rate, Apoc can't.

Let's challenge Shan to a duel.
Taru -> all, so prepare yourself! >=)

Edit:

Bismarck.Yor said: »
This is just a matter of gearing correct.
If you dont reliably land all 4 hits, use a set with more acc!
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-01-05 08:06:29  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
I've been suspecting Entropy of having an accuracy penalty for some time now.
 Hades.Ferusio
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-05 09:12:20  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Let's challenge Shan to a duel.
Taru -> all, so prepare yourself! >=)

Edit:

Id like to see that tbh, id put money on shan tho.
 Bismarck.Greezy
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2012-01-05 09:33:19  
With my Current Cata build i am able to deal 2500~3000 dmg with cata, and Entropy i have seen 4000+ on EM to T mobs. Catastrophe is a tool to achieve Max Haste as well as to balance out attack and STP. i find that with apoc you can put better dps over the extended time of Souleater, Last Resort, and Aftermath of apoc. that and the scythe is just fooking cool! i am however currently building a rag just because the new merit ws shows promise with its STR build category. all in all, why wouldnt you get an apoc for drk that has an A+ skill in scythe...
-an added bonus: Your 99 WHM in your party hasnt discovered the Cure V or Cure VI button yet, so Catastrophe FTW for all your HP's!

cata
By Blazed1979 2012-01-12 06:16:54  
this might be the right place to post this Q -
but as a cato drk without calad, should I absolutely unlock and cap entro?
Its a question of limitations for me as I have a few other melee jobs at 99 that really benefit from their merited ws's

Shijin spiral is great when combined with 5/5 penance.
Shoho is just too damn great to ever consider doing anything but 5/5 on.
Upheavel is a non-uko war's best ws.
Resolution is amazing and I plan unlocking/capping it when/if I get borealis or die trying - maybe do calad.

as you can see, I already have to delete shijin since I have smite. but can't delete upheavel since I dont have a decent ws.
is entropy worth making above changes as a cato holder?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-01-12 06:39:59  
Upheaval is best GA WS under Mighty Strikes, but other than that, it isn't really that much better than Raging unless you have near perfect set for it.

In spite of saying that I would drop meriting Resolution until you do get Calad/Borealis.