フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Tachi: Shoha
Tachi: Shoha
First Page 2 3 4 ... 38 39 40
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-17 13:23:14  
Yes adding more str to a high str pool does give less str boost, but adding more ftp to a high ftp pool ALSO give less of a boost.
Nowhere did I say it didnt, just that it seems like it could be a better option then the ftp gained by neck/belt.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-17 13:24:55  
Mythic = x2-3 for 3min. Shoha gave it a WS worth spamming. Nothing really to argue, its pretty borken.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-17 13:27:54  
My bad, I didn't see you wrote "the case is such and such and I think x is better".

Anyway, as I've shown in page 1, they are indeed really close, but that's assuming very low WSC and fSTR, the boost will get smaller as you get more fSTR and WSC (which normally, people would have more than those number), pulling gorget/belt ahead on top of +20 acc bonus isntead of -3 acc and -7 dex coming from Ire and Beir.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-17 13:29:18  
Bismarck.Fonseca said: »
What weapon should I go for? Amano or Masa? Oh wait SE is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I should just level Tachi: Shoha and I will be better then all those jokes who got their Empyreans and relics. -.-

BRB COMPLAINING ABOUT RELEVANT WS EVEN THOUGH I HAVE AMANO
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-17 13:31:32  
Yes there is still the case of looking at the acc bonus added to belt/gorget. Until i have time to do some hard testing i think i'm gonna just stick to the ftp bonus.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-17 16:04:31  
Much remains to be seen at this point, but it seems likely that Shoha damage is comparable or better than Fudo damage, assuming you make both hits on Shoha.

There's a few other factors in-play here though. The aftermath effect from Fudo is one. And I may be overstating it, but I'd like to see the damage from two-step self-chaining Kasha >> Shoha (Light) >> Fudo (Light again) using Sekkanoki, Sengikori, Meditate, and Hakagure before proclaiming "lolMasamune".

It bugs me (sorry, pet peeve) when SAM's discuss damage output without accounting for Renkei damage. If you wanna be a melee wrecking-ball, be a WAR or a MNK. If you wanna be a good SAM, you can't play it like a WAR; you gotta have tactics.

But I digress. Yes, given Shoha's reported hefty TP-based damage modifier and reported innate attack boost, having a Magian Trial "TP Bonus" R/Ex Great Katana (a la Hagun) is probably an excellent option now, if you're leveling Tachi: Shoha 5/5 ... much to the chagrin of those of us who recently completed 85 Masamune ... *grumble*
If you were considering starting a Masamune now, I probably would reconsider, but for those of us who've already forged the Masamune, don't put it up on a high shelf in your Mog House just yet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-17 16:08:02  
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
Yes there is still the case of looking at the acc bonus added to belt/gorget. Until i have time to do some hard testing i think i'm gonna just stick to the ftp bonus.

A good point.
Also, for those who are championing Beir Belt for Great Katana WS ... I question that choice. I won't claim to know exactly how "Conserve TP" works, but I do know that combining the Elemental Belt with SAM AF3 shoes, I often get a LOT of extra TP return from my WS. Depending on the situation, that "Conserved" TP gets me to 100% TP again more quickly. Sometimes that makes the difference between being able to finish a three-WS self-chain or not.
Not to mention the -7 DEX on Beir Belt+1. Tachi:Shoha is a 2-hit WS ... if you whiff one of the hits, your damage suffers a lot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-17 16:13:13  
You can hardly ever rely on skillchain damage unless you are a solo DD, so that kind of play style is extremely rare.
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-17 16:22:56  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
You can hardly ever rely on skillchain damage unless you are a solo DD, so that kind of play style is extremely rare.

Skillchaining is still an awesome feature for like Salvage, etc on Sam. It's complete death to the mobs when you do it.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-17 16:30:15  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »

A good point.
Also, for those who are championing Beir Belt for Great Katana WS ... I question that choice. I won't claim to know exactly how "Conserve TP" works, but I do know that combining the Elemental Belt with SAM AF3 shoes, I often get a LOT of extra TP return from my WS. Depending on the situation, that "Conserved" TP gets me to 100% TP again more quickly. Sometimes that makes the difference between being able to finish a three-WS self-chain or not.
Not to mention the -7 DEX on Beir Belt+1. Tachi:Shoha is a 2-hit WS ... if you whiff one of the hits, your damage suffers a lot.
I quit at 90 and didn't do enough VW to considered myself at all experienced in it, but from accounts of people on these forums, ACC, even on high tier stuff, is hardly an issue since you usually have access to temp items.
Also, saying you "often" get a "lot" of TP from conserve TP because of the Ele belt is sort of moot in a serious conversation. One is usually gunna notice when something goes the way they want it more than if it didn't.
Not trying to fight a point between Beir and Elemental though, as I don't know which is better, just trying to bring up a point in the seriousness of ACC at this point of the game.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-12-17 16:59:11  
Any news / testing on the attack bonus? been looking around but I can't find anything.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-17 17:17:38  
Lakshmi.Greggles said: »
Any news / testing on the attack bonus? been looking around but I can't find anything.

I haven't seen much more than people saying that it is comparable to gekko's.
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2011-12-17 17:30:11  
I am 5/5 on Shoha and the damage is very nice! Very comparable to Fudo. My real question is this. I have had some really nice spike damage from this ws. I am assuming that it is a form of dbl atk or something like that. So I am curious to find out from people who have a completed 85 Masa is does the ODD affect the rate of spike dmg on Shoha? The answer is probably no but I am still curious and would love to know. Thanks
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-17 17:38:22  
Sylph.Darkside said: »
I am 5/5 on Shoha and the damage is very nice! Very comparable to Fudo. My real question is this. I have had some really nice spike damage from this ws. I am assuming that it is a form of dbl atk or something like that. So I am curious to find out from people who have a completed 85 Masa is does the ODD affect the rate of spike dmg on Shoha? The answer is probably no but I am still curious and would love to know. Thanks

Aftamath can effect other ws and melee damage. I have seen my melee's proced over 1k w/o a critical hit. When my usual melee is 200-300-400+. Also my friend doing 2k+ Rampage outside when he had Aftamath on as Bst in dynamis.

Edit: 1 of the 1k melee I did was on a Lamia Dartist in salvage on the 1st floor. Aftamath was level 1-2 when I did it. If you disagree I prefer the reason why. It makes no sense to hit that hard with just melee a few times on certain mobs.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-12-17 17:39:03  
What?
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-17 17:45:48  
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
What?

indeed what?
 Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: styleszuk
By Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos 2011-12-17 18:13:37  
Edit my OP abit ~
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-17 18:45:23  
Aftermath never affects your WS damage.
Highest damage come when your 2 main hit got triple attack and all 6 hits landed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-12-17 18:53:14  
Aftermath does not affect WS damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-12-17 19:20:45  
Sylph.Darkside said: »

The correct answer is, hold TP to 300, ride AM3, then spam Shoha, SAM with Marches, Haste and Hasso up gets TP so fast.

>_> why do people who get emps figure aftermath procs on ws, if that were the case you would see people doing 8k Shoha's outside, when you see yourself doing 4k it's cause of double attack, not your aftermath.
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-17 19:37:42  
Leviathan.Jekyll said: »

Hmmm guess it's just my weird viewings. But I know for a fact melee is.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-12-17 19:39:21  
Bahamut.Novadragon said: »

[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2011-12-17 19:40:12  

What else would ODD do if it weren't for melee damage
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-17 19:42:03  
Occasionally deals double damage to your White Mage instead of the mob.
 Bismarck.Fonseca
user: Fonseca
By Bismarck.Fonseca 2011-12-17 19:48:54  
yes I worked hard for my Amano and got it before Neo Dynamis just so SE can take a WS out that you can max out it in half a day and beat Empy and Relic GK. /sigh I just maxed it out and wow come one SE.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-17 19:51:05  
How about people actually use it and enjoy a strong ws, rather than whine about it beeing too strong :P
So what if it's stronger, you still have superior weapons, probably (Unless forever85 etc)
[+]
 Bismarck.Fonseca
By Bismarck.Fonseca 2011-12-17 20:07:58  
I see what your saying but I just checked you and you don't have Masa or Amano. So maybe you shouldn't be saying anything? I have both and my main is SAM and I am going for Mythic and I hope it burns like some other owners have told me. I guess I'll just roll with the punches.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-17 20:09:39  
Entropy is stronger than cata(atleast it seems so far), dont see me whine about that! =3
 Bismarck.Fonseca
By Bismarck.Fonseca 2011-12-17 20:11:54  
Anything is stronger then Cata LMAO! Done talking about this.
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-17 20:20:34  
Bahamut.Aeronis said: »

Lol Aero I can be the slow 1 sometimes. But it's hard to notice on Xbox when in Abyssea alot as Nin.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 38 39 40