Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-31 16:44:18  
Asura.Delos said: »
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Here ya go~ I'll assume you know what adjustments to make in your TP set once you obtain Phorcys head since you can see the same set posted 100 times over in the "sam gear lv 99" thread. ( '-')
Appreciate it. I've seen the "standard" tp ws set already I just don't have a lot of time for NNI yet (c'mon march, ill get back my 2-4hr play time again)

Hope the Embrava nerf takes a while I guess...
By Kin37ix 2012-12-31 23:37:06  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Let's not do the "duration of fight affects multiattack value" argument again, it was dumb when Kinetix did it and it's dumb now.
Nightfyre you disappoint me. First of all multiattack value is static, that was never the argument but kudos to you for being a dbag.

If you could choose exactly when and where your multiattack procs, would you? Of course you would. Better yet, imagine if you could write conditional statements in spellcast to specify exactly when and where your multattack procs. I bet you'd have a *** nerdgasm.

Choosing when to have consistent damage right *** now and when to let the random number generator increase your damage over time is a tool. Use it. Gtfo of your mothers basement and stop being a spreadsheet warrior. Everything is not just black or white.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-31 23:38:21  
Kin37ix said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Let's not do the "duration of fight affects multiattack value" argument again, it was dumb when Kinetix did it and it's dumb now.
Nightfyre you disappoint me. First of all multiattack value is static, that was never the argument but kudos to you for being a dbag.

If you could choose exactly when and where your multiattack procs, would you? Of course you would. Better yet, imagine if you could write conditional statements in spellcast to specify exactly when and where your multattack procs. I bet you'd have a *** nerdgasm.

Choosing when to have consistent damage right *** now and when to let the random number generator increase your damage over time is a tool. Use it. Gtfo of your mothers basement and stop being a spreadsheet warrior. Everything is not just black or white.

Oh great, this argument again -_-
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-31 23:43:27  

dafuq?

Choosing when to have consistent damage right *** now and when to let the random number generator increase your damage over time is a tool. Use it.

I read it again. Then again. Then one more time.

dafuq?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-31 23:46:25  

lulz
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-31 23:58:43  
Translation: math is hard stop using it because I can't do it QQ
[+]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2013-01-08 03:06:37  
trying to improve my SAM and iv got NNI gear now, i use TP bonus GKT i was wondering what is the best TP set possible with this weapon and how much STP would i need on WS to keep x-hit build?

this is the set im currently using:

even though i have nni gear im not sure which pieces are good to use on SAM, also i normally used mars ring instead of tyrant since i was good on STP but i sold it and didnt know what would be better to use but was thinking to use the 1% DA ring from AH "ambuscade ring"

this is my ws set
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-08 03:34:29  
windbuffet belt for shoha if you can get one. Phor hands as well
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2013-01-08 19:41:59  
i dont want to use windbuffet since i mainly use SAM for NNI and there is no point getting overkill once every few mobs when i could have a piece whihich helps me oneshot everymob more steadily, and as for the gloves i know but thats the one piece im missing still :( although we got next run soon and its first on my list :)

any advice on the TP set though as thats the main thing i want to improve
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-01-08 23:24:22  
Ramuh.Pyromaster said: »
i dont want to use windbuffet since i mainly use SAM for NNI and there is no point getting overkill once every few mobs when i could have a piece whihich helps me oneshot everymob more steadily, and as for the gloves i know but thats the one piece im missing still :( although we got next run soon and its first on my list :)

not this ***again
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-08 23:38:27  
I can't see any situation where elemental belt/gorget oneshot consistantly and windbuffet is overkill.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-08 23:43:48  
You just posted your sets, and asked for advice. In every situation but massively uncapped acc I believe, windbuffet is going to do more dmg.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-08 23:45:56  

A lower average is a lower average.

It's a concept that is hard to grasp, though.
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2013-01-09 13:36:50  
ok fine lets not have this arguement then windbuffet for ws, i do know it does more damage overall

my main concern though is my TP set and ways i can improve that, i only really posted my WS set so you can see how much STP i have for shoha
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-09 13:40:32  
ok fine lets not have this arguement then windbuffet for ws, i do know it does more damage overall

my main concern though is my TP set and ways i can improve that, i only really posted my WS set so you can see how much STP i have for shoha

You do realize this is the shoha thread right? There is a thread for all sam gears @level 99.... You posted here, so the answer to your shoha set was given >_<.
 Asura.Kingkongol
サーバ: Asura
user: kongal
By Asura.Kingkongol 2013-02-07 12:45:09  
So since im just to lazy to look back an dsee if someone has already asked this question.

What makes the windbuffet belt better than the other STR and Attack belts that I could get?
 Phoenix.Icemn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-02-07 12:46:42  
Asura.Kingkongol said: »
So since im just to lazy to look back an dsee if someone has already asked this question.

What makes the windbuffet belt better than the other STR and Attack belts that I could get?

Multiattack on Shoha > STR build, your average will be higher.
 Asura.Kingkongol
By Asura.Kingkongol 2013-02-07 12:47:47  
Phoenix.Icemn said: »
So since im just to lazy to look back an dsee if someone has already asked this question. What makes the windbuffet belt better than the other STR and Attack belts that I could get?
Alright, thats all I needed to know thanks.
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2013-02-07 12:54:40  

This should say "your spike will be higher". If you parsed out a high attk belt vs windbuffet you'll find you will have a lower spike and higher average without the windbuffet. If you're looking for the big numbers go with the windbuffet. Consistency, go with atk/str options.
 Asura.Kingkongol
By Asura.Kingkongol 2013-02-07 12:57:10  
Bismarck.Shaidolas said: »
So since im just to lazy to look back an dsee if someone has already asked this question. What makes the windbuffet belt better than the other STR and Attack belts that I could get?
This should say "your spike will be higher". If you parsed out a high attk belt vs windbuffet you'll find you will have a lower spike and higher average without the windbuffet. If you're looking for the big numbers go with the windbuffet. Consistency, go with atk/str options.
If they wernt so damn high price I would just grab one of each and play around with them till i decided what one i want to keep. lol
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-07 13:06:14  

no
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-07 13:06:56  
Well, he's right but it's still dumb to lower your average. :x
 Asura.Kingkongol
By Asura.Kingkongol 2013-02-07 13:07:54  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
no
Care to elaborate on your no?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-07 13:08:18  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
he's not right at all.
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-07 13:08:54  
no
Some "people" think that for specific events and battle length, it's better to be consistent when really, you should just be aiming for a higher average ALL the time.

he's not right at all.
I must have misread something. :X
[+]
 Asura.Kingkongol
By Asura.Kingkongol 2013-02-07 13:10:42  
no
Some "people" think that for specific events and battle length, it's better to be consistent when really, you should just be aiming fo a higher average ALL the time.
Well that should be a no duh kinda deal, I mean my goal is to do Max dmg at all times.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-07 13:10:46  
no
Attack belt will be useless 95% of the time because you'll be capped on attack most likely because it has an innate attack bonus. Consistency is also a dumb thing to gear for, since those "spikes" factor into your average. Windbuffet and Ele. Belt are the only belts you need for Shoha.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-07 13:11:23  
Ah-ha, that's what I misread.

Attack. Silly brain. :l
 Asura.Kingkongol
By Asura.Kingkongol 2013-02-07 13:22:49  
no
Attack belt will be useless 95% of the time because you'll be capped on attack most likely because it has an innate attack bonus. Consistency is also a dumb thing to gear for, since those "spikes" factor into your average. Windbuffet and Ele. Belt are the only belts you need for Shoha.
Ah yeah I was thinking something along those lines but was un sure of the full diffrence the multiple attacks would make as compared to the 9 Str for mod.
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2013-02-07 13:25:30  
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40