[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 26 27 28
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-26 04:04:34  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said: »
I haven't played FFXI in 3 months, but I still liked to look at my AH sale history from time to time.
Is there a reason I can no longer see my item history from the AH "Home" section under my profile?

I've taken breaks before, and was always able to see it.

Is this a new change, or a glitch?
You probably minimized it, click the little pencil looking thingy in the top right of that little sales history section in between the minimize and maximize looking thingies.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2012-02-26 04:21:55  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I haven't played FFXI in 3 months, but I still liked to look at my AH sale history from time to time.
Is there a reason I can no longer see my item history from the AH "Home" section under my profile?

You probably minimized it, click the little pencil looking thingy in the top right of that little sales history section in between the minimize and maximize looking thingies.

The only minimize/maximize is for comments and screenshots
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-26 04:24:08  
I don't know then, it's there for me
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2012-02-26 04:24:20  
I had it set for 0, just changed it to 100 to see if that would fix it. But hm
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-26 11:32:00  
I actually found a color that might work.

The color's name is actually called Flame:

It's a medium shade of scarlet

Picks that make you LOL

To me it looks a bit more brownish than fire, so I think mixing a bit of scarlet into it would brighten it up a bit more:

Picks that make you LOL

Does that look good for hot topics?

Hot TopicsAdministrator
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-26 13:14:40  
idk that's pretty close...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-26 13:16:05  
Hot TopicsAdministrator

on second thought in that block that looks like crap, guess without the contrast it's blegh

on third? thought it looks fine when I'm awake and sitting up close
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2012-02-26 13:20:59  
I see more colors! I like it!
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-26 13:45:26  

I have the same problem. I have 4 linked characters and have lost the ability to see AH history on 2 of them if I'm logged in. If I log out/use another browser they show up fine (based of course on how many recent sales I've allowed publicly) Not sure if I imagined this latter part, but I can't even see the history while logged out, on a different computer.

Edit2: I recently reactivated one of them and now the history for that one shows up just fine, oddly enough.
 Phoenix.Tasios
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tasios
By Phoenix.Tasios 2012-02-27 12:14:02  
For mobile users, how about compatibility with Tapatalk forum software? My car club has this and it's pretty nice, sure beats surfing forums on a tiny screen without it.

http://www.tapatalk.com/
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-02-27 18:29:22  
It's a big post so I won't attempt to address everything directly. As for the bbcode stuff, I can probably do most of what is suggested.

As for GW chat integrated, I think it would be nice, I will pass that along to Stan, we have talked before about adding some GW streaming services to the site.

Windower forum, I would only do that if windower folks don't mind it. I will talk to Cliff as well on the matter. I wan't to make sure everyone is ok with that.

I also have a huge list of stuff the mods have suggested as well. :-) I need to get to that too.

I've been pretty busy with work lately and would really like to implement some enhancements as suggested. Thanks for the well thought out post and sorry for the delay. When I make a change noteworthy, I will make a post on the news section.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-27 22:06:19  
Thank you for responding Scragg :)

Take your time, the site is amazing as it is no matter what!
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-28 00:13:26  
Related to database item search : Is it possible to implement OR logic or AND logic search on the description?

For example: I want to find DEX and INT gear. Is it possible to list all the DEX+ gear and INT+ gear at the same time? Or even limited with just DEX+ and INT+ gear only?

I will find this feature will be very helpful for me.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-28 00:17:15  
That would be amazing Vrytre, I'm adding it to the 2nd post. I would very much like to see this added as well, it would enhance the power search function so much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-02-28 15:19:19  
Idk if its been said already, but something on someones page where you can look for threads they started. For example if im looking one that Kal started but you post so much it could be on like page 30 of your xiah forum page. Or even if it was mod threads onry. And if this is already on here and idk can just delete my post :)
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2012-02-28 15:22:39  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Related to database item search : Is it possible to implement OR logic or AND logic search on the description?

For example: I want to find DEX and INT gear. Is it possible to list all the DEX+ gear and INT+ gear at the same time? Or even limited with just DEX+ and INT+ gear only?

I will find this feature will be very helpful for me.
I think this is already on the list I put together for Scragg. I believe I linked it to a previous thread created for this suggestion. Anye can double check for me at her convenience.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-28 15:28:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Idk if its been said already, but something on someones page where you can look for threads they started. For example if im looking one that Kal started but you post so much it could be on like page 30 of your xiah forum page. Or even if it was mod threads onry. And if this is already on here and idk can just delete my post :)
It's a nice idea, I'll add it to my 2nd post.

On the note about my topics that I start, I do apologize and I do need to update my RSS feed. I've been putting that off for a month now and have some work to do to catch up. I'll try to update it in the next few days so people can start using it again.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-03-05 00:24:33  
ight not be much but perhaps ingame nation flags for the country ones on profiles <inc jeuno, tavnazia and whitegate?>
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-05 00:52:19  
It's probably been said but...

Mobile version.

Mobile version.

Mobile version.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-05 00:59:49  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
It's probably been said but...

Mobile version.

Mobile version.

Mobile version.

I was trying to find a quote by Scragg on this because I remember him talking about it but Krizz said something very recently:
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I finally got a chance to ask Scragg about this last night.

He is interested in making a mobile version, but he hasn't made a firm decision on it. Most mobile browsers these days can display the site fairly well. Keep in mind the amount of work this would take as well.
Adding it to my 2nd post though!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2012-03-05 01:01:24  
Fenrir.Scragg said: »
It's a big post so I won't attempt to address everything directly. As for the bbcode stuff, I can probably do most of what is suggested.

As for GW chat integrated, I think it would be nice, I will pass that along to Stan, we have talked before about adding some GW streaming services to the site.

Windower forum, I would only do that if windower folks don't mind it. I will talk to Cliff as well on the matter. I wan't to make sure everyone is ok with that.

I also have a huge list of stuff the mods have suggested as well. :-) I need to get to that too.

I've been pretty busy with work lately and would really like to implement some enhancements as suggested. Thanks for the well thought out post and sorry for the delay. When I make a change noteworthy, I will make a post on the news section.

I can speak for the group minus Cliff that it would be fine to do this. Im sure Cliff would agree to it as well.

Personally Id love to see this happen. Would be easier for me personally to maintain bug fixes outside the windower site we use.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-05 01:02:33  
What would it take to make like an android app for the forum side and one for the ah functions? (assuming separate would make them both run smoother).
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-03-05 09:58:55  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Back on topic though, why was the rate down feature removed? I always liked the idea because it was easier to tell between correct and incorrect information in certain threads, besides all the begrudging reasons people used it for.

Hell to the no.

In theory, the "rate down" feature seems useful ... if it's used for the actual intent that you described, which is to only "rate down" the posts that contain erroneous information.

In reality though, the "rate down" feature was *rarely* used for that purpose in the past. It was used almost exclusively as a "community popularity gauge". Almost all rate-downs were based on the author of the post, and not the post's actual content.

Ultimately, it was a useless feature that detracted from the purpose of the forums.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 20:36:29  
http://ftp.

^ fix that
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-03-06 02:04:11  

^ fix that

why would you try to http ftp?

they're two different protocols...

odd that that link redirects to that site, but that's a dns issue, not a ffxiah issue.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-10 00:36:14  
I would like to make a suggestion to add Hulu as one of the available video players for the site.

Hulu provides Embed Code that users can generate for every single video on the site and allows users to pick between two different video sizes, 512x288 and 480x270:

Embed Size(px): 512 x 288
Code
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/#####################"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/######################" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"  width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
512 x 288

Embed Size(px): 480 x 270
Code
<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/#####################"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/######################" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"  width="480" height="270" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
480 x 270

I personally think the larger example above would be just fine and is closer to the video size of YouTube.

The Embed Code generated for each video has a unique 21 digit Video ID that is used twice in the generated code. If users put the Video ID between the hulu tags it would look like this:

[hulu]#####################[/hulu]

If you could make the ID between the two tags work with the embed code it could work I think, I have no idea how to make it work though :(

To get the ID of the video you must go to the video page and click on embed, where it will give you the code and members would just have to copy the 21 digit Video ID and paste it between the hulu tags. It only requires 1-2 more steps than posting a youtube video, so I think it is still worth having on the site.
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-03-10 01:04:22  
Hulu doesn't work if your outside of the US, unless im missing something.

I always get this from hulu links
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 01:20:27  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »

^ fix that

why would you try to http ftp?

they're two different protocols...

odd that that link redirects to that site, but that's a dns issue, not a ffxiah issue.
If you put a period after ftp, it makes that link.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-10 01:24:07  
Ramuh.Scizor said: »
Hulu doesn't work if your outside of the US, unless im missing something.

I always get this from hulu links
Ah that's right :( hmmm
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 26 27 28