Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 538 539 540 ... 861 862 863

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-03 09:24:04  
DirectX said: »
I wasn't asking what is possible, rather what is more optimal.
Nowhere arguing the optimal set up,

You're just looking for people to back up what you're trying to say. Cmon, son.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-03 10:08:19  
I mean more optimal of the melee DD jobs, not more optimal than SMN or RNG. That would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

In which case I probably would still rather take MNKs than THF NIN DNC BLU and probably DRK.

Yeah, because a job at bottom tier dps is totally more optimal than jobs with better dps, and a job with even higher hp than mnk and arcana killer.

I mean, if you want to use mnk then use mnk, but don't sell it as better job than everything else.

Also lol@ "optimal DD" in ffxi 2018. When is people going to learn that it's totally alright to use any DD in any content, that it's more practical to pick people over jobs?

There's a very, very large performance gap between player due to wide variety of gears and content mechanics. So experienced and well geared player effort put into sets will out perform inexperienced player with less effort into sets. And the difference is huge.

By picking job over people, especially in pug, you are limiting your choice and make your life harder.

You are dead set X job is more optimal than Y, what if you have a Y job player with very good gear and all the X job player you have suck? The Y job that you don't like will still out perform X job that you like.

So optimal DD talk in ffxi is mostly just theorycraft.

And no mnk isn't a better DD than everything else you listed. Ive done fu with not-mnk melee, they don't have significant disadvantage at all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-03 10:43:01  
Not really sure why you are so sandy.

I have accepted that using SAM or WAR would be as good or better from your advice but due to my experience of about 20 Fu on WHM I am certain that a higher max HP would be very useful for surviving, hence stating MNK over the light DDs. If DRK has more HP I wasn't aware. I can see how a DRK would be fine in hindsight but most PUG DRK just want to epeen and end up dying in my experience so I have bias against DRK.

Also nowhere did I state I would choose people based on job alone. I've nowhere implied as such. Of course when I was comparing jobs without specifics I was assuming they are equally geared and skilled.

Many DD has ability that improve survivability, more or less. SAM has Ken+1 set, blu has mg, nin has ken +1 set, shadows and migawari, DRK has killer and drain 3 hp boost(thus they have highest hp in game), run has battuta, runes and one for all.

So it's not like MNK is the only job with good survivability. If that's the case then it wouldn't be worst dps in game, everyone would shout for mnk everyday like they shout for blu.

Most other job should survive fine with fade and buffs control.

If you are not considering picking certain job, why are you asking "what is optimal?", It makes no sense at all since we normally ask what is optimal because we want to invite them.
By Nariont 2018-05-03 10:50:20  
Sounds like youre just having bad luck finding dds who know how to take dmg, if we remove every jobs tools to mitigate dmg, sure mnks fine but thats unfair to all the other dds. Just gotta keep a note of the good dds who know how to both take and deal dmg.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-03 11:52:34  
Gin pretty easy. Just don't do magical dmg and watch out for the throat stab and smash face.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-03 13:43:48  
I said more optimal, didn't mean completely optimal. I'd probably just take a WAR if I was to try and use DD now that I think about it after the suggestions/comments.

@Nariont - I have not done it with DD tanking, only SMN or RNGs.

For Gin what is a good set up? I will probably 2box a GEO for GEO-Eva down so accuracy should not be an issue.
Is it just a standard Kin like set-up for the other jobs then? Haven't done Gin since October or so.

More than possible, more than optimal, but not too optimal, would be Caladbolg PLD/SAMs on Gin. Alternate Ramparts just before each Zero Hour (Used at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10%) and you'll achieve the kind of afk damage you seem to be seeking.
By Rinuko 2018-05-03 13:47:05  
I have been away for awhile. I noticed i had a few Mog Pell (red and Silver) with Ambascade vouchers. Is these worth spending pells on?

This one for example is available

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Jhakri_Robe
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-03 13:54:10  
Rinuko said: »
I have been away for awhile. I noticed i had a few Mog Pell (red and Silver) with Ambascade vouchers. Is these worth spending pells on?

This one for example is available

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Jhakri_Robe

I'm not sure where in the Ambuscade armor cycle we will be landing, next month, but if it is available to get with Hallmarks or Gallantry, just getting it directly through Ambuscade shouldn't be too bad. This month's battle, which is available for a few more days, and next month's battle are both relatively easy to win.
With your Mog Pell (Red) you may want to consider getting the below if you don't have them but still need job points. A CP Campaign is on the horizon:
Trizek Ring
Cipher: Kupofried
By cuddlyhamster 2018-05-03 13:58:17  
It should also be noted that everything that you can get from Mog Pell Silver cannot be delivery boxed to other characters
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-05-04 17:48:08  
I raised a chocobo a while back. Wasn't really interested in stats, just wanted the xbl achievement. But I decided I would like to try and race it for the chocobucks to get the /sitchar. Sadly, it's not good and I cant get passed the first race. Is there any way to boost its stats now, or do I just need to put it out to pasture and start over?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-04 18:29:17  
Oh, to add to his question, what's the bare minimum someone would have to do to get the chocobo racing vorseal.

I have literally never once raised a chocobo, nor ever even entered the circuit.

yeah there's a whole couple pages on the wiki. But any info for specifically aiming for the vorseal.
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-05 12:35:19  
My config settings seems to reset itself everytime I log on different pol account, like macro name got deleted and config went back to default.

Are there any way to prevent that from happening?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-05 15:37:05  
So, are people getting the extra Metals from gallantry this month that got all 25+2 pieces banking on the chance of +1 rings and/or eventually being allowed to mule them?

and a bump for the chocobo racing vorseal question <.<;;
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2018-05-05 16:40:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
and a bump for the chocobo racing vorseal question <.<;;

I second this. What is the fastest/easiest way to meet the requirements for this vorseal?

I recently got an egg from an ISNM in the hopes that it makes the process easier.

Anyone out there know this content well?
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-05-05 21:16:55  
RE: Chocobo raising/racing, a good walkthrough on the first page of this forum post.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-05 21:27:17  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
RE: Chocobo raising/racing, a good walkthrough on the first page of this forum post.

Good lookin out. and now good luck trying to get those items while everyone runs to the AH while I type this to buy them out.

eww, so 30 IRL days from egg to adult and then you can start racing. I feel like they really over reached for that vorseal.
By Rinuko 2018-05-06 10:55:22  
I have a fairly okey PC. Way overkill for this 15 year old game.

I noticed when I'm around Maat in Ru'Lude Gardens or Adoulin my fps drops from 60 Fps down to low 20-30s (using windower fps uncap).

I run the game with 1080p resolutions on background, menu and overlay.

Is there anything i can do?

For reference my specs:

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X OC'd to 3,9Ghz
RAM | 8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz
GPU | Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-06 12:24:39  
The long and short of it is, ancient game. It doesn't matter how good your tech is, you're going to see ***like that. It's just not made to be played at 60 fps.
[+]
By Rinuko 2018-05-06 13:22:10  
The long and short of it is, ancient game. It doesn't matter how good your tech is, you're going to see ***like that. It's just not made to be played at 60 fps.
Fair enough. I tried running at locked 30 fps. It still tanks in mentioned areas. So it's the same for everyone?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-06 13:52:27  
Fair enough. I tried running at locked 30 fps. It still tanks in mentioned areas. So it's the same for everyone?

Several people have noticed severe game skipping issues if they are running //findall (just in the background appears to be enough, not actively using it) in high-traffic areas or when hit with lots of AoE visual effects. Eiryl is dead on though, most of what we face is that this game was built on 20th century technology, and as such, there's only so much we can do with it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-06 14:17:46  
Findall's framedrops are pretty easy to tell apart from the other ones.
Findall's framedrop happen at regular. specific times and they're not constant. Also they disappear if you unload it of course xD
[+]
By Rinuko 2018-05-06 15:13:38  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Several people have noticed severe game skipping issues if they are running //findall (just in the background appears to be enough, not actively using it) in high-traffic areas or when hit with lots of AoE visual effects. Eiryl is dead on though, most of what we face is that this game was built on 20th century technology, and as such, there's only so much we can do with it.
Good to know, however I don't have that addon/plugin loaded.

Post deleted by User.
user: Anjou
By Asura.Zarduhasselfrau 2018-05-06 20:29:42  
Returning player here so I missed when Raetic gear was introduced... for these should we shoot for the HQ versions or is the NQ fine?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-06 21:47:19  
Asura.Zarduhasselfrau said: »
Returning player here so I missed when Raetic gear was introduced... for these should we shoot for the HQ versions or is the NQ fine?

Depends which job. But NQ is perfectly passable. May not be better than other options, as per job though.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-05-07 15:34:09  
Not sure what's causing it, but having an issue where if i come back from being way from computer after a little while one of my characters screen will be frozen although I can still control them, I just can't visualize the changes. Can't seem to fix it without //quit or force-closing it. Seems to be random which character gets hit with it and haven't seen any consistency with how long it takes for it to happen. I haven't seen it happen while I'm actively sitting at computer.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?
First Page 2 3 ... 538 539 540 ... 861 862 863