Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 658 659 660 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Finbar
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2020-08-01 17:54:10  
Is Aeneas relevant for any jobs currently, assuming they have access to their relevant mythic/empyreans? I started making one for THF, but I'm making Twashtar soon, and I haven't started clearing zones yet, so I'd rather just refarm beads and work on a more useful Aeonic if all relevant jobs have better options.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-01 18:41:58  
Sure is relevant. Its pretty decent dagger.

Plus i dont get when you mena refarm. Unless you already have them in hand you dont need to discard the KI to farm more beads. I would just stay at KI plus 50k till you can have options.

Also, just find a good group that can tackle the content instead choosing one aeonic.

Make all of them and dont waste time dropping KI eventually you gonna get it again later
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-08-01 19:01:35  
depends how long it takes you to make aeonic vs empyrean. it's solid dagger and aeneas/twash isn't too far behind twash/cento once you've got them done.
 Asura.Lotomos
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2020-08-01 20:09:16  
Aeneas/Twash will be the best combo until you rank 15 your Twashtar, so its definately worth it if you don't plan on instantly r15ing your twash.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2020-08-02 12:48:16  
LSmate saw my post and said Twash at R5 or so should match Aeneas, and I can get to rank 7 or 8 or so in a day, so I'm swapping. I'm not actively making an Aeonic (LS is taking a break); more of a work on it when the opportunity arises, so better to work on something more useful. Thanks for the feedback though.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-02 13:02:48  
Anything that works for you just dont give up carefully thinking alternatives before making a decision.

This figure "LSmate" is common ocorrence and more often than not not a reliable source of information, most of time just parroting whatever junk is mentioned in THF guide.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-02 14:39:23  
Does a GEO tagging the puller with a cure in Dynamis Divergence actually work for bubble tagging, my LS seems adamant it does but this seems sketch to me.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-02 14:46:06  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
Does a GEO tagging the puller with a cure in Dynamis Divergence actually work for bubble tagging, my LS seems adamant it does but this seems sketch to me.

As a proper GEO answers vs just a person, please defer to their knowledge.

But as far as I'm aware, its a matter of getting on the hate list, not a physical action against the enemy. So as long as the tank/puller has performed an action to get hate on the mobs, curing them should work fine.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-08-02 14:47:07  

Kind of. If the puller has touched each individual mob, it will put the GEO on the hate list, which makes the bubble take effect next tick(every 3s~) if the mob is in range of the bubble or GEO. If the puller has pulled the statue, but not touched any monsters, it will not activate on anything except the statue.

So, let's say your puller pulls 15 mobs and hits them with a sleepga. If your GEO cures them, the bubbles will work for all 15 mobs as long as the mobs are in range of the bubbles or GEO.

However, there is a limit to how many monsters you can acquire hate on in a single cast, so if you're using a particularly huge pull it may not activate on all of them. I don't believe this starts to happen until over 20 mobs, I don't have an exact number or rule though.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-08-02 14:49:52  
Thanks, makes sense, pretty sure the GEO's don't get much tagging done then as the tanks are always pulling, i'll feed back
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-02 20:01:08  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Kind of. If the puller has touched each individual mob, it will put the GEO on the hate list, which makes the bubble take effect next tick(every 3s~) if the mob is in range of the bubble or GEO. If the puller has pulled the statue, but not touched any monsters, it will not activate on anything except the statue.

So, let's say your puller pulls 15 mobs and hits them with a sleepga. If your GEO cures them, the bubbles will work for all 15 mobs as long as the mobs are in range of the bubbles or GEO.

However, there is a limit to how many monsters you can acquire hate on in a single cast, so if you're using a particularly huge pull it may not activate on all of them. I don't believe this starts to happen until over 20 mobs, I don't have an exact number or rule though.
Mmm, yeah. I've seen the weirdness you get enmity wise when there's too many mobs. This got me a bit curious and I went out to ceizak for a bit of testing.

It looks like 15 is the magic number. Or you might think of it as the target+14 extra mobs. As the direct target is always added to the hate list.

When casting on more than 15 mobs, the same mobs are excluded even if you cast on the same group multiple times. I'm not sure what the criteria is for what mob is ignored.

I've discovered a few other interesting, but disappointing mechanics as well, but I think I will save those for another post. There's some tank/geo relevant info that I don't want getting buried in the random question thread.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-08-03 17:41:13  
Is hp-down dark based or ice? would dark carol or ice help in that?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-03 17:45:07  
Darkness
By eeternal 2020-08-03 17:48:49  
Thank you for the prompt response Eiryl

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Wotasu 2020-08-04 07:13:46  
Quote:
Intense Ambuscades this month will feature an all-new battle against magic-wielding Mamool Ja. As you would expect from an Intense Ambuscade, this battle is intended for veteran players who understand the roles that their jobs should play. Since recent Intense Ambuscades have been revivals of previous ones, we wanted to bring you a new battle for you and your allies to puzzle out. We’ve also got Mamool Ja-themed equipment as a reward for this Ambuscade, so make sure to try your hand at the new battle before it goes away in September!
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57098

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-04 08:15:35  
So many things going on next update but almost none discussed about this change in ambuscade, with new challenge (same foe, new fight).

I believe this will have a wider effect than it sounds. So far, we have been cruising on all ambuscade because they were mostly unchanged version of previous ambuscade (up till a point bar some minor gimmick changes).

But this point where ambuscade just repeated were before most power creep. So people were just rolling against mobs considerably weaker than player party.

Now, if SE was willing to change the actual fight, im pretty sure they will also take care to update mobs stats to be a challenge with current gear, making them enough stronger that not just everyone will try VD but a few strong parties, what should be the concept behind a VD tier of content.

If they do change this, it will be in same direction with latest changes: spark/acc nerfing, skirmish stones nerfing, now ambuscade reward “nerfing” gonna reduce a lot the availablity of REM currency, making the game less “easy mode” than its, what should be an implicit goal from SE side for the next state of the game.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-04 08:20:19  
AKA RIP mercs in assura
By Afania 2020-08-04 10:14:49  
Asura.Finbar said: »
Is Aeneas relevant for any jobs currently, assuming they have access to their relevant mythic/empyreans?

If I remember correctly it still has higher rudra than twash at 1000 TP if you aren't offhanding cento. Cento offhand is what makes twash stronger.

Also good for multistep SC.
By Shichishito 2020-08-04 11:19:11  
- why are there still no videos showing off the dominance of naegling/KC RNG, was it all just a hoax?
- why does SE all of a sudden have enough PS2 dev kits to make a new expansion? wasn't one of their excuses for not delivering new content that their old dev kits died and they can't get new ones?
By Pantafernando 2020-08-04 11:26:54  
Personally i think the loss both in accuracy and white dmg from an old weapon is quite noticeable. 200+ acc is too heavy penalty, most likely you gonna just make up with people 1hring buffs and its not everwhere guys gonna do that.

Sometimes i let my mule play with kaja knife and ridill. And the loss in white dmg is quite noticeable against ceizak fodders.

Also everything can be fixed provided someone has the will to do it. If not, even the weather is an excuse to not to do anything.

At this point, you should always take with a grain of salt every information you receive, and thats not just related to FFXI
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-04 11:27:21  
Shichishito said: »
- why are there still no videos showing off the dominance of naegling/KC RNG, was it all just a hoax?

Nah, no hoax. a couple reasons:

1. The people doing it don't feel a need to prove it. They showed the math, their LS mates are seeing it firsthand, and they have done personal parses. We're not DRKs or SAMs, we're cool just showing off among our friends ;) (not that I have a kclub- I just know some who do and they're quite comfy just showing the math and ppl around them seeing it)

2. The most common usage of either kclub build for RNG (Naegling+Kclub for Savage, or kclub builds for Trueflight) is in Dyna-D, where performance already sucks...in particular in a full or mostly full ally. I know I wouldn't be adding more to tax my performance such as videoing it. As for situations outside of that...I'm sure some do use it, but honestly, its either overkill or its a low-man situation, where a shooting RNG is easier to maintain and thus more valuable than a kclub RNG.

- why does SE all of a sudden have enough PS2 dev kits to make a new expansion? wasn't one of their excuses for not delivering new content that their old dev kits died and they can't get new ones?

No clue. maybe that one NASA was using got listed on Craig's List.

Pantafernando said: »
Personally i think the loss both in accuracy and white dmg from an old weapon is quite noticeable. 200+ acc is too heavy penalty

RNG is already a job where the ratio between white damage:weapon skill is VASTLY weighted towards weaponskills outside of using Gandiva or Armageddon, and to some extent Annihilator. If you're going to be a Savage RNG, you're admitting your white damage for that fight is only a tool, not valuable. Its there ONLY to get you to WS use level asap. If you're using it with Trueflight...I dont' care what weapon you're using, your Weapon Skills are already dominating your white damage by huge factors, this just pushes it a little more than where it already was.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-04 11:29:55  
It really depends on the buffs at hand.

non-ilvl weapons that are used for either TP gain or TP Bonus are only good if you maintain a 80+% hit rate with just those weapons alone. Anything lower, and you might as well equip an ilvl OH weapon. I still wouldn't use my TP Bonus Sword on BLU unless I know I can maintain 85% or greater accuracy on mobs. The e-peen damage from WS looks nice, but I can WS with more frequency if I'm able to hit accurately.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-08-04 12:09:57  
I've messed around w/ Naegling/KC and Tauret/KC RNG, mainly just use it for domain invasion with brd/cor/geo buffs, and I've done 2 runs in dyna with it to upgrade neck. In dyna it was killer on wave 1/2 was probably doing consistent 50-70k SB on w1/2, w3 it went to crap though and I wish i had my TF sets updated at that point, but it was wiff city, no TP gain and SB wiffs.

I've tried Tauret/KC TF w/ R15 gastra on DI and with GEO buffs was doing capped dmg TF or at least 90k+ with some SCs mixed in, but my other char are setup for SB spam so I just do SB buffs and don't use TF for it as much.

EDIT: I can't seem to get Windower video to work with recording, I just get a grey-screen video, if someone has tips I could try and record something with it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-04 13:46:06  
With new gear from Odyssey you can push accuracy even more now. At cost of meva, dt and stp from Malignance tho.
By Mrgrim 2020-08-04 14:49:52  

Not a hoax, gotten top parse on dynamis using naegling/kc and tauret/kc for trueflights. I did use that setup on schah also to spam trueflights, got top parse lol. Very niche setup, maybe next time i go help peeps with schah i can record that.
[+]
By Taint 2020-08-04 18:44:35  
Best setup for tribox Genbu?

Tank, healer, SCH?
By Pantafernando 2020-08-04 19:21:10  
If your tank is good, can drop healer for blm or geo
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-08-06 13:18:22  
where does ff11 save in game screen shots on win 10? I was looking through the folders and didnt see them anywhere in there.
First Page 2 3 ... 658 659 660 ... 831 832 833