フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apocalypse or Ragnarok
Apocalypse or Ragnarok
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-03-10 17:39:40  
hell i love being on drk i do use my apoc alot but for most fights where i know ***hits the fan fast i bust out my calad till i finish my oat GS. i aint scared to admit it lol scythe has its uses just like a GS does.

some people do have that mind set that just because u got a relic OMFG UR GODLY nope not 1 bit.

did some VW today 2 drks me and another and i was smoking him in a parse using my apoc he had oat GS. whats that tell me he just aint geared proper or even know how to work that GS cause he should be winning by a long shot.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-10 17:41:45  
Can actually 5hit OAT GS now if you sacrifice a bit in ws set (assuming atleast 2 hits on reso), with 23-24% haste(ace's legs for 24)
I need to get a rose strap to test that out :p

Edit: Wonder how this would fair vs Apoc and Ragna on stuff with low evasion:

Improvements here and there, but it's what I'm gonna try out once I unlazy and get rose strap..
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-10 17:45:10  
I'm quite interested in the math on 99 Ragnarok/Caladbolg/OaTGS. I'd bet caladbolg would win out under capped accuracy in VW with proper aftermath usage, with Ragnarok not far behind.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-10 17:45:57  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Standard low acc TP set, high acc tp set(rarely sees use, lamorak and T6 that last longer than agressor/DE duration), Last resort+March set for all realistic purposes. I have yet to see a (good) apoc even come close in VW. 3.1-3.7k resolution averages in my parses, how much is entropy doing? I get that you love your apoc, and yes apoc does have purposes other than dealing damage. Just stop spouting that it is the superior DD weapon.
If your average on resolution is 3.1 - 3.7k with ragnarok that means Apoc > Rag without a doubt.
Care to share some numbers from your parses? My resolution set is top notch besides WOTG ear(lazy) and nyzul gear. Entropy/cata averages don't even come close. Also @ you Taint, I keep seeing you say that Apoc>Ragnarok at damage, yet it falls behind vastly in WS damage and DOT. The only advantage Apoc has is accuracy(capped at current content besides beetle so this point is moot) and 5hit over 6hit.

Quote me then. On paper Rag > Apoc for damage. The only time I've said Apoc > Rag was based on the parses I've posted of me shitting on Rag DRKs with my Apoc. I've also acknowleged that most DRK can't gear worth a ***, esp on harder content which favors me heavily when competitively parsing.

With top notch gear sets Rag should always be on top, too bad 99% of the population puts that kind of effort into any of their jobs. It is also never a blow out, while Rag should beat Apoc in every situation it is always very close. When I get more time I'll post exact numbers. I'll have a Rag myself in the next few weeks and will put together gear sets for everyone based on my experience and calcs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-10 18:12:30  
Looking forward to actual math on it, I just don't see how things between them can be very close in an all out offensive situation. I meant no disrespect, and I'm not exactly being a good poster here by not providing any actual data to prove my point. Both weapons are useful, I just find myself needing more damage more often than needing more defense.

On an unrelated note, am I right in assuming that a Liberator DRK is probably the most damaging job for any zerg purposes(Starting with 300TP, especially VW obviously)?
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-10 18:29:26  
To follow up with some of the above comements:

Just how far ahead is Ragnarok from OA2 GS?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-10 18:37:13  
Looking forward to actual math on it, I just don't see how things between them can be very close in an all out offensive situation. I meant no disrespect, and I'm not exactly being a good poster here by not providing any actual data to prove my point. Both weapons are useful, I just find myself needing more damage more often than needing more defense.

On an unrelated note, am I right in assuming that a Liberator DRK is probably the most damaging job for any zerg purposes(Starting with 300TP, especially VW obviously)?

The most damage doesn't come down to delay and WS damage. Apoc DRKs are 5hitting, stacking more offensive stats (acc,DA,TA,QA,att whatever meets the situations) drain also helps out SE zergs and so does a 167 base damage weapon.

When I compared the DPS of both weapons it took some gear set crafting to make Rag come out on top. But it always could come out on top. Which is why I say a Rag DRK needs around 6 different gear sets to always be in beast mode.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-10 18:44:27  
Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
To follow up with some of the above comements:

Just how far ahead is Ragnarok from OA2 GS?

I'd have to go on the Test Server to really find out. Two different people is kind of a stretch for a comparison. Especially if one is on DRK and the other is on WAR. It just isn't equal.

Against Pil: Sorry for the clusterfuck format btw. I feel too lazy to upload it as a .png or mess with code.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-10 18:46:01  
Yeah you can't really comare DRK and WAR. DRK will be capped pdif and WAR likely won't, also arcane circle if he wasn't in your party.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-10 18:48:33  
Yeah you can't really comare DRK and WAR. DRK will be capped pdif and WAR likely won't, also arcane circle if he wasn't in your party.

Looking at that fight, Why the hell did I only Jump/High Jump once D:

I have other parses but this was the only one I had with Leoheart when I was on DRK. For some reason I'm on WAR when he goes WAR. Rag+ Last Resort may pull out ahead DoT Wise though and slightly more with WSDMG. Though WSfrequency may drop a bit.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-10 18:56:23  
Is it safe to come out and say I had no food or Berserk that fight? lol >.>;

Edit:

Honesty; Ragnarok is nice for war, but it isn't really good on anything Above a T3 Jeuno Mob.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-10 19:12:29  
Yeah I'd bet that ragnarok is the best war weapon if capped PDIF and you can't maintain ukon AM3.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 19:56:02  
What are you fighting that you can't cap attack on any job with Berserk?
 Phoenix.Ninjie
user: ninjie
By Phoenix.Ninjie 2012-03-10 19:57:06  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Your avatar puts me in a trance lol
 Ragnarok.Lugat
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-03-10 20:35:35  
more than you would think.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-10 20:36:40  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
parsing, test server

How long have you been reading xiah again?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 20:40:17  
Ragnarok.Lugat said: »
If a 1H has 1300 attack with Berserk up and Stalwart's with 27% Chaos Roll, and red curries:

1300/2 = 650 defense to cap with no defense down

Dia2? (1300/2)/.90 = 722
Di3? 650/.85 = 764

What about just Tachi: Ageha? 650/.7 = 928

I'd expect at least dia 2 on evrerything, and I really doubt T6s have much higher than 600 defense. Do y'all just not know how level correction works? I'm more concerned with accuracy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-10 20:48:51  
Random party talk likely consists primarily of people who have no idea how the game's damage functions actually work. See: all the testimonials on wiki where a mob has "very high defense" but really just has high level and/or innate PDT.

It's possible that some VWNMs have Jailer of Love-esque defense. I don't have any data that rules out that possibility. It's certainly open to testing.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 20:50:49  
That was probably before devs release info that Ig-Alima was level 120.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-10 20:58:51  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
parsing, test server

How long have you been reading xiah again?

Meh I'm only saying it would give ME the ability to gauge how I would perform with said weapon. I'm no math guru but I can tell from my own results which would suite my needs. Is it 100% accurate? No, Is it skewed? It could be. I don't want to get into this and derail a thread.

As for VWNMs like Ig Alima, level can make a difference in terms of damage dealt correct? Basically how back in the day some melee hits on say Kirin ended up being randomly low/weak without proper buffs.

A Jailer of Love type of defense would be interesting to test for.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-10 21:00:09  
Where's the Jackie Chan my mind is full of f*** picture when you need it
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 21:01:28  
Take your pick.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-10 21:03:23  
ancient aliens version by far the best
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-10 21:04:47  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
ancient aliens version by far the best

***^3

Them Cubez
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-10 21:10:16  
Meh I'm only saying it would give ME the ability to gauge how I would perform with said weapon.
Read the posts you've made in this thread and say that again. Whether you intended to or not, you've made or implied statements about the status of multiple weapons based on parsing.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-10 21:20:10  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Meh I'm only saying it would give ME the ability to gauge how I would perform with said weapon.
Read the posts you've made in this thread and say that again. Whether you intended to or not, you've made or implied statements about the status of multiple weapons based on parsing.

So I made a mistake, I acknowledge that, may we move on? Like I said I am no math guru.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-03-10 22:30:46  
If a 1H has 1300 attack with Berserk up and Stalwart's with 27% Chaos Roll, and red curries:

Dia2? (1300/2)/.90 = 722
Di3? 650/.85 = 764

I'd expect at least dia 2 on evrerything, and I really doubt T6s have much higher than 600 defense. Do y'all just not know how level correction works? I'm more concerned with accuracy.

You need exactly two times the attack to beat a mobs defense, is this accurate?

A lot of this sounds insane.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-10 22:31:11  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Dia2? (1300/2)/.90 = 722
Di3? 650/.85 = 764

You need exactly two times the attack to beat a mobs defense, is this accurate?

A lot of this sounds insane.
2.2 for two-handers.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-03-10 22:32:42  
Two handed weapons need more attack to break a mobs defense than a one hander?

o_O
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10