Yoichi Or Gandiva?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi or Gandiva?
Yoichi or Gandiva?
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 00:44:43  
Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
also lol at use fudo or shoha.

Fudo for AM only.

Thanks.
2 things. 1 Fudo still has plenty of uses, VW not being the main one though. 2. Say your using gandiva and your other DD aren't performing well and you have hate, then you SWAP to yoichi. That's what I was saying. And if you think fudo is garbage, get off sam.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-19 00:53:16  
If you are considering a yoichi for rng, make an Annihilator. Yoichi is pretty much worthless now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-19 00:53:41  
Don't remember saying Fudo is garbage, just mainly used for AM.
Outside of VW nice for SC too why not, but knowing you and your dumbass you meant fudo all the things
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 01:01:26  
Don't remember saying Fudo is garbage, just mainly used for AM.
Outside of VW nice for SC too why not, but knowing you and your dumbass you meant fudo all the things
No actually...I utilize fudo when I should and I favor shoha like I should...Just because you play samurai, doesn't mean your the only one who does. And I think the point of this thread dalm is to pick between BOWS lol. I personally like going pew pew, but some people may like bows ya know. And yes, yes yoichi is worse than anni, we know this.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-19 01:06:04  
Good man
 Ragnarok.Psych
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2012-03-19 01:17:35  
You guys are seriously underestimating a SAM using Quint/Yoichi.
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-19 01:20:08  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
I'd require mathematical substantiation to believe that Yoichi is in any way still beneficial to SAM. I just don't see that being the case anymore.
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-19 01:24:26  
Probably the only time I'll ever agree with Minjo, that combo really isn't much in comparison to what power SAM now has with a good Great Katana, or even a shitty-ish one.
By volkom 2012-03-19 01:28:38  
yoruichi!
Yoichi!
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-19 01:35:17  
I was going to do Yoichi until I realized it was a colossal waste of gil.
[+]
 Siren.Buddah
サーバ: Siren
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2012-03-19 03:00:12  
I debated on this very question myself.
After weighing out my options along with a newly acquired Faith torque, i went w/ Gandiva and spammed dyna for Annihilator.
Gl w/ w/e choice u go with, just have fun ^^;
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-19 04:28:23  
Probably the only time I'll ever agree with Minjo, that combo really isn't much in comparison to what power SAM now has with a good Great Katana, or even a shitty-ish one.
If anyone can math it out, would it be better to Namas spam in Salvage, Neo Nyzul, Einherjar and other same caliber content instead of using Kaiten/Shoha/Fudo?
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 05:29:19  
...if you can convince me that there's some glaring reason that Namas Spam might actually be buying you something, I would be willing to math it out.

...but it seems pretty immediately apparent that Shoha spamming is superior (or even Fudo on crappy old content)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-19 05:49:25  
Whenever I see somebody do Yoichi for Samurai, they have alot of fun with it for a few days\weeks, then go back to using gkt weaponskills :P
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-19 06:19:24  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
...if you can convince me that there's some glaring reason that Namas Spam might actually be buying you something, I would be willing to math it out.

...but it seems pretty immediately apparent that Shoha spamming is superior (or even Fudo on crappy old content)
Speed.

Can even replace Namas by Apex if usable without /RNG.

Just wondering, I don't particularly want Yoichi to be the best for this, I would just like to know what is the gap between a typical Shoha spam that I already can do and a potential future Namas/Apex spam with a Quint.

Worst case I'll see for myself in a month or so, it would just help me understand better/faster.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 09:01:47  
If a known distribution exists for Quint Spear, it's hidden pretty well.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-19 09:10:07  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Whenever I see somebody do Yoichi for Samurai, they have alot of fun with it for a few days\weeks, then go back to using gkt weaponskills :P

Did Amano. Working Yoichi too while slowly plinking at a Masa. Sometimes it's about more than raw damage.

/shrug

Also, everything trends. There was a time where everyone laughed at you if you made Ragnarok, but now it's the thing to do.

And honestly, Gandiva v. Yoichi isn't even a conversation worth having. Getting Empys to 90 is a joke at this point -- though admittedly Gandiva is the biggest pain 85>90. That hydra is a pain – and relics aren’t all that hard now either. Both is a realistic option; maybe not a “quick” one, but not really out of the question at all.

Only mythic remains as being "hard" to obtain in the old school sense of taking months and months and months to make.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 09:13:47  
I guess I'd consider the Hydra part the easy part, since I can solo it.

Bukhis .... Bukhis can die in a fire.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 09:16:54  
Well I mean, the slime is easy too, just time consuming.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-19 09:25:34  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
If the concern is your barrage number:
So when Gandiva AM is up, your barrage shot on will have ~40% proc rate on ODD, while Yoichi's will have triple damage at... 15%?

Not that it's hard to trigger AM before barrage.

Pretty sure someone already clarified earlier that Gandiva AM doesn't proc on barrage and it wasn't a concern, more of a question.

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I understand the thread is comparing yoichi to gandiva, but what I don't understand is why you would waste your time upgrading gandiva, when you could upgrade armageddon or annihilator instead. Unless you have an incredibly strong aesthetic desire to use a bow on RNG, there is no reason to upgrade one. Armageddon is easier to upgrade than gandiva too.

Yes, here we go again.

P.S. If you don't understand why the guns are better, the reason is Last Stand > jishnu's by a long shot (no pun intended). On top of that, both guns have a low enmity WS that you can use at your leisure, coronach being the superior of the two (enmity-wise).

It's not about what is easier to upgrade otherwise i'd do Arma, considering i've already done a calad and a masamune. Also i'm not planning on meriting Last Stand, for a job that is not a "Main" when i'm limited to capping 3 weapon skills, and like I said in first post, the low enmity isn't a concern. I was concerned about which bow is better for DPS and for WS's.

Yes, Yoichi is nice because I could use it on sam but meh that's not a selling point for me. The selling point is which is going to be better for Ranger for what I'm looking to do with it. And i'm looking to shoot a bow and use the ws's available from it. In before you suck and wasting your time for not getting new weapon skills blah blah etc, in which case I say to you re-read what the thread is meant for and stop wasting your time and mine.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 09:36:02  
I'm pretty sure Jishnu's still poops all over Namas, and since you're going to cap enmity anyway, you might as well use that.

Also, it's cheaper. You pay for it with your soul, not your pocketbook.

Well, unless you buy it.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-19 09:41:46  
I'm pretty sure Jishnu's still poops all over Namas, and since you're going to cap enmity anyway, you might as well use that.

Also, it's cheaper. You pay for it with your soul, not your pocketbook.

Well, unless you buy it.

Think that's Gandiva 5, Yoichi 0. Its nice when someone puts it simple and doesn't throw in stuff that I wasn't concerned with, otherwise I could of read other threads like Anni vs Arma, Anni vs Gandiva etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-19 10:00:38  
Why read those threads, you got all of those threads, with bonus Yoichi SAM thread all in one convenient package.
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-19 10:16:48  
I started the thread because the other threads were useless to what I wanted, and I know what people posted I read the whole thread lol.
 Fenrir.Greever
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2012-03-19 16:12:34  

Bukhis .... Bukhis can die in a fire!!!!!
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-03-19 16:22:47  
Fenrir.Greever said: »

Bukhis .... Bukhis can die in a fire!!!!!
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-19 16:30:52  
Well since the thread's question has been aswered, what shall we talk about now guise? Oh, I know.

@Yoichi owners:

Could've been an Anni.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-19 16:33:01  
@RNG:

Could've been something that benefits from haste.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-19 16:34:23  
@FFXI:

Could have been a better game.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh