Yoichi Or Gandiva?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi or Gandiva?
Yoichi or Gandiva?
 Phoenix.Evildemon
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-19 16:57:19  
Could of been an Apocalypse.....
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-19 17:28:54  
@Apocalypse

Could of been a Ragna.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-19 17:29:18  
Could have been a Mjollnir...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-03-19 18:08:32  
ok since I have ***jobs for soloing now, someone give me a good way to solo alfard fangs from popsets to killing the ***. I'd seriously appreciate it. Include the job(s) you'd suggest.

Not worth having a lv.85 empy these days, and I just can't see getting a ton of help for 75 fangs any more- maybe some, but that's a lot to ask with so much content now, not to mention with legion and the conclusion of VW coming and the fantastic droprates we've all come to know and love.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-19 18:11:35  
NIN or have fun with your new favourite command known as /sh.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-19 18:18:34  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
ok since I have ***jobs for soloing now, someone give me a good way to solo alfard fangs from popsets to killing the ***. I'd seriously appreciate it. Include the job(s) you'd suggest. Not worth having a lv.85 empy these days, and I just can't see getting a ton of help for 75 fangs any more- maybe some, but that's a lot to ask with so much content now, not to mention with legion and the conclusion of VW coming and the fantastic droprates we've all come to know and love.

Well, you can either A. Shout and put a group together who needs seals from Nini and +2 items/widowmaker from Alfard and reserve the fangs. People can pick up popsets as well.

Or B. You can level ninja and tail tank both NMs solo very easily. The later is more time consuming.

Also I don't see why people think Bukhis is so hard. Very duoable with a Ninja/drk and a Whm/blm. One person can stun TP moves, the other can stun blizzaga.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-19 18:25:07  
I prefer to ABSORB blizzagas.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-19 18:26:56  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Also I don't see why people think Bukhis is so hard. Very duoable with a Ninja/drk and a Whm/blm. One person can stun TP moves, the other can stun blizzaga.
Any reason for /drk over /dnc for stun?
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 18:28:14  
ok since I have ***jobs for soloing now, someone give me a good way to solo alfard fangs from popsets to killing the ***. I'd seriously appreciate it. Include the job(s) you'd suggest.

Not worth having a lv.85 empy these days, and I just can't see getting a ton of help for 75 fangs any more- maybe some, but that's a lot to ask with so much content now, not to mention with legion and the conclusion of VW coming and the fantastic droprates we've all come to know and love.
I'd just suggest buying fangs 200k+ or find people via shout. Don't think it would be worth soloing and letting all that +2 and widowmakers hit the floor when plenty of people probably need. That's my view on all +2 and empy item NMs. Just saying
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-19 18:28:22  
Shiva.Galbir said: »
Any reason for /drk over /dnc for stun?

Last Resort+SE= Mad Blade: Hi numbers!

and do not forget about weapon bash. Gotta macro in that staff
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-19 18:29:07  
You don't get resisted with the spell stun on Bukhis, violent flourish tends to miss on occasion. You don't want to miss any stuns, you can potentially eat doom, even after a stack of waters and the WHM spamming cursna on you.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 18:29:46  
ok since I have ***jobs for soloing now, someone give me a good way to solo alfard fangs from popsets to killing the ***. I'd seriously appreciate it. Include the job(s) you'd suggest. Not worth having a lv.85 empy these days, and I just can't see getting a ton of help for 75 fangs any more- maybe some, but that's a lot to ask with so much content now, not to mention with legion and the conclusion of VW coming and the fantastic droprates we've all come to know and love.

Well, you can either A. Shout and put a group together who needs seals from Nini and +2 items/widowmaker from Alfard and reserve the fangs. People can pick up popsets as well.

Or B. You can level ninja and tail tank both NMs solo very easily. The later is more time consuming.

Does it pay to /drk on nin? Or is bukhis resistant to violent flourish? You just mainly have to make sure you have more than 1 shadow to avoid the hp down crap.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 18:30:52  
You don't get resisted with the spell stun on Bukhis, violent flourish tends to miss on occasion. You do not want to miss stuns, you can potentially eat doom, even after a stack of waters and the WHM spamming cursna on you.
Stun usually only misses with violent flourish when people are too dumb to use the step called "stutter step", which reduces magic evasion.... It never fails me.
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2012-03-19 18:31:36  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
@RNG:

Could've been something that benefits from haste.

KC rng :<
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-19 18:32:25  
Fupafighters said: »
You don't get resisted with the spell stun on Bukhis, violent flourish tends to miss on occasion. You do not want to miss stuns, you can potentially eat doom, even after a stack of waters and the WHM spamming cursna on you.
Stun usually only misses with violent flourish when people are too dumb to use the step called "stutter step", which reduces magic evasion.... It never fails me.

Even with stutter step, Violent flourish is a physical attack and therefore can WHIFF
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 18:33:35  

Even with stutter step, Violent flourish is a physical attack and therefore can WHIFF
As I said, never fails ME lol. I'd still say /dnc over /drk. He really isn't bad...
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-19 18:36:18  
As I said, never fails ME lol. I'd still say /dnc over /drk. He really isn't bad...

I'm glad you have 100% accuracy, the rest of us are stuck with 95%. ;(
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-19 18:40:48  
So your saying you always /drk because of the stun you get lol? -.- violent flourish IS only 20 seconds. I would recommend not going /drk places, because it offers NOT MUCH to help support in killing a NM compared to /dnc
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-19 18:43:26  
So your saying you always /drk because of the stun you get lol? -.- violent flourish IS only 20 seconds. I would recommend not going /drk places, because it offers NOT MUCH to help support in killing a NM compared to /dnc

The benefits of being /dnc are moot when you have a WHM there with you. When you absolutely MUST have a consistant stun, like on Bukhis for example... Bring the spell stun.

Also attack bonus trait and last resort quickens the fight up a bit.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-03-19 18:50:05  
much appreciated guys, especially the discussion. I know off original topic, and I hope the OP doesn't mind the hijack.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-19 22:15:14  
much appreciated guys, especially the discussion. I know off original topic, and I hope the OP doesn't mind the hijack.

Not at all, they already helped me with what I wanted to know :D
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-03-19 22:29:09  

The benefits of being /dnc are moot when you have a WHM there with you. When you absolutely MUST have a consistant stun, like on Bukhis for example... Bring the spell stun.

Also attack bonus trait and last resort quickens the fight up a bit.

Not sure why this has not been mentioned, but most of bukhis' WS (including doom one) can be kited quite easily.

Also to people talking about yoichi for sam... stop talking about namas spam, you'll use apex arrow if youre serious about it. I'm unsure of how much damage it'll really add over bersault bow+1. Will say I've done quint+apex in dynamis on WS proc mobs, and it is actually pretty damn impressive. Solo farmed 130 currency easily. It's just too bad no TH else it would be much more impressive of course.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-20 02:12:22  
how will shoha keep up?
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-20 02:19:43  
I'm not in a position to provide an in-depth mathematically analysis, but so much has changed since SAM's Yoichi legacy began. We have quite a bit more DA and STP available, making Quint's WS frequency increase seem rather marginal. Enmity is a literal non-issue, which was the predominant benefit of the weapon in earlier years. In addition to truly murdering your white damage, Quint is likely going to do quite a lot of overflowing, which is a serious detriment in and of itself. The prospect of having an active aftermath on a substantially less DPS-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE class of weapon than its predecessors had is attractive, and Shoha/Fudo are pretty beastly.

I'll forgo definitive judgement until someone more capable can shed a brighter light on this, but I just don't see Yoichi being worthwhile.
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-20 02:24:56  
Hey, it's worth what, 8k? 10k? 12k? FFXIAH points?