users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 359 360 361 ... 445 446 447
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-20 12:50:05  
It depends on how acc-heavy your other slots are.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-20 12:56:14  
SimonSes said: »
1) I would use adhemar+1
That's great! But I was looking for the best option among the ones I own. I'm not gonna buy Adhemar+1 lulz xD

Quote:
2) This combo has a lot of accuracy but not much magic accuracy. Only 15 from set bonus and 24 blue magic skill. I would keep using ayanmo. I use relic+3 I think.
Allrighty I guess, thanks.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-20 18:00:30  
Siren.Kyte said: »
It depends on how acc-heavy your other slots are.
My sudden lunge set atm is:

ItemSet 366287

My question was: Should I swap body for AF+3 and lempo for Regal earring?

Logic behind the other slots:

Rings: Stikini gives skill and macc. Skill should grant both acc and macc. Ring2 I'm using weatherspoon because of FC but I think I'm gonna put a second HQ Stikini in there.

Back: augs are BLU skill +10, Acc+6, Dex+1. Felt like this would've been better than my Ambu cape? (DEX+30, Acc+20)
By Nariont 2019-04-20 18:04:08  
skill only gives macc, it doesnt effect accuracy of phys spells. You would only gain 22~ macc from body + 15 from set bonus, vs the 46+5 you currently have, not worth it. Back id stick to ambu cape for the far higher accuracy but guess it depends on the target
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-20 18:22:13  
Missed the part on skill converting just into macc.
Thought that Skill would've converted into physical acc for the physical part of Sudden Lunge, and into macc for the stun effect itself ><

I guess this destroys the logic I used for the rings and back slots :(
By Nariont 2019-04-20 18:25:27  
yeah, skill for phys spells is just atk and additional effect macc, aswell as D values on phys spells
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-20 22:48:39  
I would really only consider using the AF1+3 body if also using the legs and/or head, so you can just stay as-is.
[+]
By geigei 2019-04-21 02:59:11  
Favor macc/skill over acc where you can because that's the main reason for a failed stun.
By SimonSes 2019-04-21 04:31:57  
Tbh all this has little sense when you are not going for optimal pieces. Similar how i said use adhemar body and you said you dont want to buy it.

If you are not going for optimal pieces and just want to mix what you have, just simply check how much accuracy you have in your sudden lugne set with /checkparam and if its enough for conent you do, then add macc wherever you can.
By huttburt<3 2019-04-22 18:56:24  
Siren.Dilandu said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Why pinga? To cap fc with less slots and equip what in the remaining ones? DT? SIRD?

My goal is to have a high mp pool paired with max FC so I don't end up losing lots of mp when I'm changing to my FC gear. For instance I magic hammer a mob and get back full mp. I don't want to lose couple hundred mp because I switched to my FC gear when casting stuff like flutter, occultation, etc. DT is secondary in area's I don't gain much MP. My cape has -10 phy and 10 FC.

ring1 "Defending Ring"1
ammo "Staunch Tathlum +1"1
head "Amalric Coif +1"2
neck "Sanctity Necklace"2
ear1 "Etiolation Earring"4
ear2 "Loquac. Earring"2
body "Pinga Tunic +1"2
hands "Leyline Gloves"2
waist "Tempus Fugit"3
back "Rosmerta's Cape"0
legs "Pinga Pants +1"2
feet "Amalric Nails +1"2
ring2 "Prolix Ring"2
Siren.Dilandu said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Why pinga? To cap fc with less slots and equip what in the remaining ones? DT? SIRD?

My goal is to have a high mp pool paired with max FC so I don't end up losing lots of mp when I'm changing to my FC gear. For instance I magic hammer a mob and get back full mp. I don't want to lose couple hundred mp because I switched to my FC gear when casting stuff like flutter, occultation, etc. DT is secondary in area's I don't gain much MP. My cape has -10 phy and 10 FC.

ring1 "Defending Ring"1
ammo "Staunch Tathlum +1"1
head "Amalric Coif +1"2
neck "Sanctity Necklace"2
ear1 "Etiolation Earring"4
ear2 "Loquac. Earring"2
body "Pinga Tunic +1"2
hands "Leyline Gloves"2
waist "Tempus Fugit"3
back "Rosmerta's Cape"0
legs "Pinga Pants +1"2
feet "Amalric Nails +1"2
ring2 "Prolix Ring"2

MP for blu? That's cute. I have a Tizona, no worries.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-04-22 20:28:22  
huttburt<3 said: »

Irrelevant for Omen cleaving. No worries though.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2019-04-22 21:30:26  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Beg to differ bub...
One shot nq, nuke HQ down to 30%, switch to tiz, mp up on that ***. Ready for next group.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-04-22 22:07:34  
More work than it needs to be bub.
By huttburt<3 2019-04-22 23:39:01  
More work than it needs to be bub.
Not for me.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-04-22 23:44:09  

Beg to differ bub...
One shot nq, nuke HQ down to 30%, switch to tiz, mp up on that ***. Ready for next group.

I have tizona and don’t use it at all in Omen cleaving. Fulltiming Nibiru Cudgels, it’s faster to just use Moonlight (since you’re engaged on Transcended building TP as you cleave) when you have TP available. It’s slower to switch to Tizona.

Oh, not even to mention Magic Hammer has your MP covered for 90% of the run. I only get low around ladybugs but porxies are right there.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-24 11:45:43  
New record, 18 mins! <3
Think I can improve further altough I'm not sure I can get underneath 16 or even 17 mins.
[+]
By lhova 2019-05-03 17:34:16  
I tried to read back thru the posts but couldn’t find it. What are best dual clubs for aoe cleaving stuff like Omen? Ambu Hq/Nq clubs? I currently have nib cudgels and 119 Tizona non AG if that helps. Gear wise I think I’m mostly using nq Almaraic.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-03 17:53:55  
The best weapons for cleaving are maxentius mh with kaka club oh. Naegling and ksja sword third and fourth place probably.
By Shermansmith408 2019-05-08 11:11:28  
Max & Kaja Club? BiS for nuking?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-08 11:40:04  
I am using Max + Nibiru, since I capped out on Ambu weapons this month. Will make the Kaja next month, but I believe that's the best combination.

Hilarious to have an MP conversation when it comes to Omen farming. It's literally a non-issue. Every monster set outside of Trans dies in 2~ nukes max if it's not subduction and you BA your Spectral Floe:

Floor 1 (trans) dies to 3-4 nukes (if you don't feel like engaging; save time) - 2min tops with buff time

Floor 2 has beetles (Magic Hammer on first pull, then again before killing trans beetle) - Less than 2 minutes clear

Floor 5 has Pixies to the right which you can periodically run back to to refresh your MP. There's also Panopts, which can be slept and you can keep them around as your MP slave until he runs out. Each grouping will take you about 2 minutes, between gathering, sleeping, curing yourself back, and then killing the trans. Can save time (and MP) by just nuking several groups at once. Pull > sleep > grab more > sleep > entomb > sleep > grab the last bit > start nukes. Can kill at least rabbits, mandys, and lizards in 3-4 minutes if doing it that method (can be dangerous).

Even even with all of that, MP retention is not an issue if you plan properly and use the correct sets. Idle set w/Battery Charge keeps you sufficient for a little, and I always carry multiple reraises + a Vile Elixir +1 and a Hi-Elixir (you can carry several of these) for a quick MP restore when I don't feel like running in the opposite direction on Floor5 for Panopts/Pixies. If that wasn't enough, as mentioned above, you have Moonlight for a princely MP restore via clubs. You shouldn't be nuking more than 2 times to kill all of the Sweetwaters anyways, and you kill the Trans with normal melee hits, so you will get back most of your MP in between killing each set of Trans. The only time I notice myself running out of MP is when I get to Ladybugs/Porxies, and at that point, one elixir and I'm back to grinding.

Weird flex on that Tizona comment, all things considered, but ok.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-08 11:46:20  
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
I only get low around ladybugs but porxies are right there.

Oh you can aspir these huh? Didn;t know, thanks for the tip!
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-05-08 12:42:07  
Shermansmith408 said: »
Max & Kaja Club? BiS for nuking?

Outside of Spectral Floe, yes. Nibiru still pulls ahead for damage on that. Same is true for Kaja Sword and Naegling really, as Sechs mentioned. They don't quite match what the clubs do, but they're close. Using Maxentius/Naegling over double clubs (what I've been doing) really isn't giving up much.
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2019-05-08 14:22:58  
I go BLU/THF with chaac belt locked for TH4

This is a bit necro, but just wanted to throw out a general blu PSA: you need 2 pieces of TH gear (or one +2 DM augment) to cap TH4 on BLU/THF. Chaac Belt alone only gets u TH3
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-09 04:58:46  
Yaiii! Broke my 18 mins record, now 17 mins! More like 17:11 but w/e.

I'm not 2100 JPs yet but I can already see this is not really a matter of gear. Better gear would help me save a few seconds from Transcended I guess, but that's it.

It's more a matter of "luck". Having the mobs in the right position without having to waste precious seconds to pull them and having them in range for dream flower, not finding the Ladybugs at night, not having Qultada use the wrong roll instead of Evoker's, having Apururu not waste Devotion at the wrong time.
It's things like these that truly make a difference I guess.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-05-09 05:11:42  
Cerberus.Kaht said: »
I go BLU/THF with chaac belt locked for TH4

This is a bit necro, but just wanted to throw out a general blu PSA: you need 2 pieces of TH gear (or one +2 DM augment) to cap TH4 on BLU/THF. Chaac Belt alone only gets u TH3

Recent Bunny hat +1 will get you that last TH.

(White Rarab Cap +1 from login campaign)
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-09 08:31:29  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I am using Max + Nibiru, since I capped out on Ambu weapons this month. Will make the Kaja next month, but I believe that's the best combination.

Hilarious to have an MP conversation when it comes to Omen farming. It's literally a non-issue. Every monster set outside of Trans dies in 2~ nukes max if it's not subduction and you BA your Spectral Floe:

Floor 1 (trans) dies to 3-4 nukes (if you don't feel like engaging; save time) - 2min tops with buff time

Floor 2 has beetles (Magic Hammer on first pull, then again before killing trans beetle) - Less than 2 minutes clear

Floor 5 has Pixies to the right which you can periodically run back to to refresh your MP. There's also Panopts, which can be slept and you can keep them around as your MP slave until he runs out. Each grouping will take you about 2 minutes, between gathering, sleeping, curing yourself back, and then killing the trans. Can save time (and MP) by just nuking several groups at once. Pull > sleep > grab more > sleep > entomb > sleep > grab the last bit > start nukes. Can kill at least rabbits, mandys, and lizards in 3-4 minutes if doing it that method (can be dangerous).

Even even with all of that, MP retention is not an issue if you plan properly and use the correct sets. Idle set w/Battery Charge keeps you sufficient for a little, and I always carry multiple reraises + a Vile Elixir +1 and a Hi-Elixir (you can carry several of these) for a quick MP restore when I don't feel like running in the opposite direction on Floor5 for Panopts/Pixies. If that wasn't enough, as mentioned above, you have Moonlight for a princely MP restore via clubs. You shouldn't be nuking more than 2 times to kill all of the Sweetwaters anyways, and you kill the Trans with normal melee hits, so you will get back most of your MP in between killing each set of Trans. The only time I notice myself running out of MP is when I get to Ladybugs/Porxies, and at that point, one elixir and I'm back to grinding.

Weird flex on that Tizona comment, all things considered, but ok.

I just nuke everything, lol. Still never run out of mana. Of course, I do use Tiz some runs to get mana back if I don’t get a great pull, but most of the time the mp pool lasts between aspirable targets.
By Dragnorok 2019-05-22 13:06:27  
After what seems to be an eternity, I'm home in FFXI. That means I got a lot of catch up with BLU. Thanks for the reading material
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-27 05:49:10  
New Omen Record for old Sechs (1500 JPs, average gear): 17' 03"
I think I can do even better but at this point it's pretty clear that it's mostly a matter of luck with the pulls/mobs.

The faster you can group them together then sleep and kill, the more time you save.
A lot of that has to do with their positioning/pathing and wether or not there's weather up (they aggro more easily with that up)
 Ragnarok.Kaboom
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: epidemik
By Ragnarok.Kaboom 2019-05-27 08:36:25  
Does anyone have an optimal Black Halo set for BLU?
By SimonSes 2019-05-27 08:46:26  
Ragnarok.Kaboom said: »
Does anyone have an optimal Black Halo set for BLU?

It's the same as for Savage blade, but you go for MND augments over STR wherever you can (herculean and cape).
First Page 2 3 ... 359 360 361 ... 445 446 447