Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 372 373 374 ... 445 446 447
By Kaleen75014 2019-11-10 02:04:10  
Hello blues of Vanadiel, I'm starting to take a real interested in the job, and I am wondering if Malignance set is considered best TP set with AM3 Tizona? Is there a link with up to date gearsets somewhere ? Thanks guys !
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-10 07:48:46  
I believe it was already discussed afew pages back (or was it in the Lilith forum?..)

Anyway, Malignance set was regarded as best Hybrid set for BLU and thanks to Tizona AM3, you lose little in the way of DPS or TP feed. So it’s not quite as good as a dedicated Melee set BUT iirc it’s only like one step behind but you get all of the delicious DT and MEva benefits so if your soloing or avoiding STDs or something, hybrid all day.

Max Damage? Normal Melee set (All hail Thibron)
Max Hybrid? Probably most or all Malignancy (again, All hail Thibron)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-11-10 07:54:43  
All hail Thibron
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-11-18 20:29:02  
I haven't been back long but best sword for blu non-rema, I'm solo with trust buffs.
I see every one either running DREAM or Naegling/kaja main.

I'm using Tanmogayi +1/Colada", augments='"Dbl.Atk."+2','DEX+10','Accuracy+16','Attack+14','DMG:+12

Is Naegling/kaja better? mainly spaming cdc.
By huttburt<3 2019-11-18 20:33:46  
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
I haven't been back long but best sword for blu non-rema, I'm solo with trust buffs.
I see every one either running DREAM or Naegling/kaja main.

I'm using Tanmogayi +1/Colada", augments='"Dbl.Atk."+2','DEX+10','Accuracy+16','Attack+14','DMG:+12

Is Naegling/kaja better? mainly spaming cdc.

For cdc, Tan/pinacolada might pull ahead.

But if you worked on a savage setup, Naegling will be better.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-18 21:30:06  
Naegling/Thibron is prob your best non-RMEA setup, using Savage Blade. If acc is an issue, Naegling/Zantetsuken.

Only case where Tan+1 really still has a place would be if you really wanted to focus on CdC for some SC-related reason, in which case Tan+1/Zantetsuken would work.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-18 22:21:26  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I believe it was already discussed afew pages back (or was it in the Lilith forum?..)

Anyway, Malignance set was regarded as best Hybrid set for BLU and thanks to Tizona AM3, you lose little in the way of DPS or TP feed. So it’s not quite as good as a dedicated Melee set BUT iirc it’s only like one step behind but you get all of the delicious DT and MEva benefits so if your soloing or avoiding STDs or something, hybrid all day.

Max Damage? Normal Melee set (All hail Thibron)
Max Hybrid? Probably most or all Malignancy (again, All hail Thibron)

With 4/5 Malig and Tiz AM3, I love full timing the set against Omen, Dyna D, Escha/Reisen T2/T3/Helms. The amount of times I flat out resisted getting stunned/amnesiaed/petraed/etc has been worth it over melee set as that would've lost dps. Not too mention I barely take dmg. There's been plenty of times I outparse our R15 Calad drk because I can resist stuns whereas he can't.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2019-11-19 04:05:54  
what is this new sword you all talk about Thibron can you post the margains path you need to follow i cant seem to find info on how to make right 1
 Asura.Zidaner
サーバ: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-11-19 05:04:44  
TP bonus +1000

1241 is first trial

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Trial_of_the_Magians_Swords
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-11-19 07:16:46  
Siren.Itachi said: »
With 4/5 Malig and Tiz AM3, I love full timing the set against Omen, Dyna D, Escha/Reisen T2/T3/Helms. The amount of times I flat out resisted getting stunned/amnesiaed/petraed/etc has been worth it over melee set as that would've lost dps. Not too mention I barely take dmg. There's been plenty of times I outparse our R15 Calad drk because I can resist stuns whereas he can't.

Just curious, what's your 5th piece (non Malig) that you prefered over Malig?

Also, what's your WS set for Wave 3 mobs?
By SimonSes 2019-11-19 07:20:10  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »

EDIT: 50% Adhemar Hands +1, 50% Body for Dual wield so he can use Windbuffet +1 belt.
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-19 08:48:36  
All these new gears and ideas, need more storage Wardrobe 5/6 wru!
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-11-22 05:32:47  
Anyone has a tanking set with Malignance? With a Defending Ring and Ambuscade DT cape, we are close to 50%.

Was wondering what other gear would fit with such a set (i.e. Odnowa vs Ethereal/Etiolation earrings, Flume belt? DT Torque?)

Made a Tizona for the MP recovery for spell spamming and AM3 makes TP gain a breeze on Malignance.

I usually use a trust tank for soloing BCs, was wondering how much I can tank with such a set.

Any recommendations on spell set for a tank/DD built?
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-22 12:28:07  

I'm actually using 4/5 malig because I'm missing feet lol; 400 runs and still no drop. I'm using herc boots with TA aug for the time being.

For W3 I'm actually normally on cor. I guess with brd buffs and stewpot (for the magic acc I love stun locking mobs in dyna) the Expia set on the guide should be good enough. It's what I use in all content
By SimonSes 2019-11-22 12:39:59  
I'm actually using 4/5 malig because I'm missing feet lol; 400 runs and still no drop

Same here and also missing feet... I'am at like 250 tho
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-22 12:48:54  
Anyone has a tanking set with Malignance? With a Defending Ring and Ambuscade DT cape, we are close to 50%.

Was wondering what other gear would fit with such a set (i.e. Odnowa vs Ethereal/Etiolation earrings, Flume belt? DT Torque?)

Made a Tizona for the MP recovery for spell spamming and AM3 makes TP gain a breeze on Malignance.

I usually use a trust tank for soloing BCs, was wondering how much I can tank with such a set.

Any recommendations on spell set for a tank/DD built?

I'm missing feet as I mentioned but this is what I use to tank. I don't worry about pulling hate from our tanks anymore lol. So far I've been able to solo with trusts all of zitah (t3s and helm included), ru'aun t1s, t2s, and pakecet, reisen t1s, delves, lilith easy. I plan on tackling lilith normal, reisen t2/t3s, and some omen bosses soon.

ItemSet 369816
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-11-22 18:57:14  
I'm missing feet as I mentioned but this is what I use to tank. I don't worry about pulling hate from our tanks anymore lol. So far I've been able to solo with trusts all of zitah (t3s and helm included), ru'aun t1s, t2s, and pakecet, reisen t1s, delves, lilith easy. I plan on tackling lilith normal, reisen t2/t3s, and some omen bosses soon.

ItemSet 369816

Thanks, any particular spells that you set or do you just go with DD traits?

Don't have the belt atm, I might have to try Boneyard Gully for the Dual Wield +6 belt instead. This looks like a fun challenge to try tanking 5 mobs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhGnV3ymAc

I have amazing luck with Lilith with THF on VE, got all the pieces after a week of spamming 30-40 runs per day.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-22 19:14:49  

Thanks, any particular spells that you set or do you just go with DD traits?

Don't have the belt atm, I might have to try Boneyard Gully for the Dual Wield +6 belt instead. This looks like a fun challenge to try tanking 5 mobs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhGnV3ymAc

I have amazing luck with Lilith with THF on VE, got all the pieces after a week of spamming 30-40 runs per day.

Wow you're very lucky; I'm jealous. This is normally what I roll with. I like DD traits with some utility

<slot01>nat. meditation</slot01>
<slot02>white wind</slot02>
<slot03>magic fruit</slot03>
<slot04>erratic flutter</slot04>
<slot05>winds of promy.</slot05>
<slot06>fantod</slot06>
<slot07>sinker drill</slot07>
<slot08>empty thrash</slot08>
<slot09>sudden lunge</slot09>
<slot10>paralyzing triad</slot10>
<slot11>cocoon</slot11>
<slot12>diffusion ray</slot12>
<slot13>heavy strike</slot13>
<slot14>thrashing assault</slot14>
<slot15>blank gaze</slot15>
<slot16>molting plumage</slot16>
<slot17>occultation</slot17>
<slot18>tenebral crush</slot18>
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-22 20:44:56  
Why use that earring in your build?
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-22 21:21:46  
Draylo said: »
Why use that earring in your build?

The dedition? Just for store tp. If you mean Eabani just to cap dual wield and some magic eva. I just have dual wield 3 and if my math is right I need 11 dual wield in gear (7 from belt) to cap attack speed.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2019-11-22 22:24:02  
My budget friendly version of the build.

ItemSet 369822

I switch to Store TP Ring when aftermath is up, used Epona when building the initial TP. Am debating about switching to Rajas for the additional Subtle Blow.

The mithras are surprisingly generous, dropped belt, helm and katana in one D run.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-11-26 14:48:43  
Are ppl using malig for their magic acc set now? Or still using Jhakri +2? For spells like sudden lunge
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-11-26 15:28:39  
Are ppl using malig for their magic acc set now? Or still using Jhakri +2? For spells like sudden lunge

They're pretty close it seems depending on the piece. Malignance is probably a slightly better option for landing the additional effect, while some pieces of Jhakri+2 may be better if it's anything you care about the damage I guess.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-11-26 15:47:38  
I'm using 4/5 + Carmine Mask +1 for Sudden Lunge.

ItemSet 367241
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2019-12-01 18:51:52  

Even though it doesn't have attack, still good for Expiacion?
By keokothelesser 2019-12-04 13:59:47  
Can anyone give some recommendation for Lilith on Blu, she keeps kicking my *** on E?

Should I be sub RUN? if so can anyone give me a quick low down on what i should be using the sub for as ive not used it before?
By Taint 2019-12-04 14:34:59  
keokothelesser said: »
Can anyone give some recommendation for Lilith on Blu, she keeps kicking my *** on E?

Should I be sub RUN? if so can anyone give me a quick low down on what i should be using the sub for as ive not used it before?

Whats killing you? BLU mows her down pretty fast.

Use a Hybrid set, grab at least one trust with dispel. Turn if you see spikes cast. Any subtle blow is a bonus to limit TP.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-04 14:41:47  
set geist wall
By keokothelesser 2019-12-04 15:21:15  
In order to limit the damage taken im losing DPS so losing hate to trusts, but she still seems to be hitting me pretty hard.

is it worth just going full DPS?
By keokothelesser 2019-12-04 15:24:29  
unless... i'm killing myself on the dreadspikes
First Page 2 3 ... 372 373 374 ... 445 446 447