Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-21 23:31:12  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
the OP has a list, not sure how up to date that is, seems okay at a glance

thank you.

I feel silly I forgot it was there. been too long since I read the guide. time to read again.
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2019-12-22 04:26:26  
How much better is Adhemar Jacket over Rawhide Vest B? Have like 1k Domain Points and unsure what to get - someone mentioned the accessories earlier, which would I go for?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-22 12:45:18  
most advanced players would say to get the new gear that suits your needs.

I wouldn't spend domain invasion points getting gear I can get without when it means I miss out on the new stuff.

However, I can see how players who are not able to farm ru'aun or reisenjima drops very well might spend on those first.

I don't think it is the most efficient investment though. you can get more by only getting 600, 1000, or 1200 point items, because those cannot be obtained any other way.
By Nariont 2019-12-22 14:17:36  
given the possible cost/just general drop situation that is escha-ruann i wouldnt say using DI points on body(or even head/leg in some cases, stupid 1/21 yilan) a complete waste, moreso the body since those are typically 600k+ a pop and can sometimes be poping 8-12 before the abjs you're after finally decides to drop.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-22 14:27:36  
Could try to trick yourself into thinking you're doing it for free and just take advantage of the Delve campaign going on right now and farm some Marjami Delve for Pakecet pops.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-22 15:12:36  
The points are generated out of thin air and do not require anything out of the player besides time. If you're looking to improve your blue mage, there's nothing wrong with using the points on an abjuration piece as it is a large upgrades over something like Rawhide Vest.

Let’s be honest: the new shinies from domain invasion, though nice, are NOT that significant of an upgrade. As a blue, the best item you could get would be the earring for CDC. None of the items are anything more than macro swaps, and an abj is more valuable of an upgrade if you desperately can’t get one otherwise. Again, the points just take time, so you could grab the abj now and another piece next week or so. It’s probably a good investment overall
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2019-12-22 15:50:33  
I'm pretty much playing 99% solo right now, don't have the time or schedule to be able to grab people for anything higher than Escha-Z, and I'm on a pretty underpopulated server. Domain is my jam right now for free points tbh.

Thanks for the replies, grabbed Jacket. :)
[+]
By Homsar 2019-12-29 05:34:38  
Is Store TP really so superior to Double Attack that you would opt for 10 STP on Rosmerta's and Dedition Earring over Brutal? Likewise, is the 2% TA of Windbuffet +1 really better than the 4 DA of Cetl?

Are the gear sets in the OP good modern examples?
By tyalangan 2019-12-29 06:04:52  
Homsar said: »
Is Store TP really so superior to Double Attack that you would opt for 10 STP on Rosmerta's and Dedition Earring over Brutal? Likewise, is the 2% TA of Windbuffet +1 really better than the 4 DA of Cetl?

1. No, it’s not going to be that superior that you WS twice as fast or something but since BLU has great MA options STP is generally seen as more beneficial but to really know for your character testing on a spreadsheet could be helpful to know for your specific gear. Also remember you can calculate how much stp you need to hit 1000 tp in one fewer hit/attack round.

2. Yes, I think 2 TA is better than 4 DA but there is a MA calculator that will show you the weight of each MA option. It’s on this forum just google “multi attack calculator ffxiah” probably. However, I’m not sure why you asked to compare those two items when clearly Windbuffet is better with its 2 QA.

3. This is my personal ideology but I have never used someone else’s gearsets as the end all even if it is the best. Typically I use it as an idea then search function ffxiah for all gear available to that job with the stats I want. I then go through bg sections for anything with augments or all relative content pages in general. It takes time but it’s more reliable for me as I’m not a big fan of 1Billion gil minimum raw bis dps gear which is what you tend to find here. It shows you ALL the options.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-12-29 06:18:46  
Homsar said: »

Unsure about the 2x Atk vs sTP. However, Windbuffet +1 vs Cetl is easy. Windbuffet +1 isn't just Triple Attack +2%, it is Quadruple Attack +2 % and Triple Attack +2%, vs Cetls Double Attack +4%.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-12-29 06:24:45  
tyalangan said: »
2. Yes, I think 2 TA is better than 4 DA but there is a MA calculator that will show you the weight of each MA option. It’s on this forum just google “multi attack calculator ffxiah” probably. However, I’m not sure why you asked to compare those two items when clearly Windbuffet is better with its 2 QA.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31534/math-oax-multi-attack-and-you/

Here is that post. The 7th post down has a link to a google spreadsheet you can save, and compare multi-attacks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-30 23:53:43  

Nvm main page has formulas and caps, might have what I need actually
By Nariont 2019-12-30 23:58:53  
Magic barrier and occulation are the only ones that scale past I think 500 skill. Barriers a 1:1 skill:ss and occulation is 1 shadow every 50 skill, though i dont think anyones tested at newest max skill.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-17 23:20:20  
For something like Kei, where only way to low man or solo with melee job is by 4 step SCing... Has anyone tried Sequence? What would be a good 4 step SC in general for Blu? I'm not seeing a good possible 4 step for Tiz.

With Sequence/Thib I was thinking Savage > Expia/Cdc(not sure what his harder when using Sequence) > Req > Req

I'd love to hear thoughts and what people have tried or seen
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-17 23:39:02  
I too would like to know if BLU has any good SC Options. Particularly if able to close with Expiacion but I’m open to whatever’s best
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2020-01-17 23:52:56  
Vorpal>Red Lotus>Flat Blade>Savage>CDC is the longest we have. It's not great though. Expiacion we don't have a whole lot to work with that doesn't involve req closing.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-17 23:54:50  
Siren.Itachi said: »
For something like Kei, where only way to low man or solo with melee job is by 4 step SCing... Has anyone tried Sequence? What would be a good 4 step SC in general for Blu? I'm not seeing a good possible 4 step for Tiz.

With Sequence/Thib I was thinking Savage > Expia/Cdc(not sure what his harder when using Sequence) > Req > Req

I'd love to hear thoughts and what people have tried or seen
Requiescat is kinda garbage to be allowing to take your 3rd step and 4th step. Considering the power of your first 2 WSs don't actually matter for Kei, I'd probably do Red Lotus Blade > Flat Blade > Savage Blade > Chant du Cygne.
[+]
By Afania 2020-01-18 00:56:30  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I too would like to know if BLU has any good SC Options. Particularly if able to close with Expiacion but I’m open to whatever’s best

If you are not changing weapon then req > expiacion is the best that I can think of. It should still do more dmg than using expiacion twice if SC mirrors ws dmg.

If you are in a situation that losing am3 for sc dmg is worth it then maybe kaja club true strike > black halo > tiz expiacion?
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
サーバ: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-01-18 02:15:54  
Blue also has CA. Try using Expi > Thrashing > Savage > CDC. See if you like it
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-18 04:21:44  
Screenshotted these responses, thanks for that. Now if there’s a need to Multistep on BLU I’ve got options.
 Phoenix.Oyama
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-18 10:39:44  
You can also Red Lotus Blade > Flat Blade > Requiescat > Expiacion.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-01-18 10:58:18  
Since we on the topic of multisteps... can BLU 6 step?
By SimonSes 2020-01-18 11:07:07  
Asura.Zidaner said: »
Since we on the topic of multisteps... can BLU 6 step?

you mean for objective? Fast Blade <> Burning Blade back to back will will keep doing scission and liquefaction.
 Asura.Zidaner
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-01-18 11:19:08  
for Vagary/omen yes

thankyou
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-01-18 11:36:55  
We can five step to end with Expiacion as well.

Expiacion > Burning Blade > Battle Dance (or Asuran Claw if you want to set it) > Requiescat > Expiacion

Don't forget we can also multi-step with blue magic spells with Azure Lore to extend chains which would give us a very wide range of skillchains that you could look up with the FFXI Skillchain calculator.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2020-01-18 13:08:32  
Phoenix.Oyama said: »
You can also Red Lotus Blade > Flat Blade > Requiescat > Expiacion.

Can make this Umbra too if you decide to use Sequence for some random reason and stack another Requiescat at the end.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-18 20:08:35  
Only problem with CA is that recast timer so I don't like to rely on it. I think with Tiz I'm just gonna go Expiacion > Red lotus > Flat blade > Req > Expiacion
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-01-18 20:24:01  
If you're just trying to finish off Gin fast, Azure Lore removes the need to worry about Chain Affinity recast.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-18 22:09:53  
I mentioned Kei earlier. Gin's actually super simple
First Page 2 3 ... 374 375 376 ... 445 446 447