users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 388 389 390 ... 445 446 447
By SimonSes 2020-07-14 13:58:21  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
there is nothing on BG Wiki that's false.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Presto

Quote:
Causes the next Step to increase Daze level by 2 if possible.

Wait, what’s wrong here?
And like I said earlier, they’re pretty quick to update once an error is reported.

Its Presto before update (that happened like year ago+?)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-14 14:05:44  
I am just pointing out that there sometimes are several minor inconsistencies and incorrect information on BG. This one is small but it was never updated for some reason, and I just found out about it the other day. I have no idea how to report it, and if I am the right person to update the page or not. Not bashing the site.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-14 14:13:53  
Ahhh didn’t know, haven’t touched DNC in awhile.

And actually Buukki that’s a good point. We don’t know who all edits the BG Pages. There was Spicyryan but I vaguely recall a thread about him losing editing privileges or.. something..? I do believe Chiaia is an editor for the pages but other than her(?) I have no clue who to report errors to.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-14 17:46:52  
Siren.Lionsheart said: »
I searched it, I don't usually bother with BG because half the time the info is missing or incorrect. But thanks even if you had to be a *** about it.

This was added four years ago. Not sure where you searched.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Barrier_Tusk

Not to segway the thread, but all of our CoP missions are up to date. We have had many people within the last two months go over them multiple times. I would say they are even better than cyclopedias now.

Spicy is unbanned and he has been contributing. I am going to make a new bgwiki thread so people know who to reach out to if they spot mistakes, thats a good idea.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 16:03:03  
have there been any new solo achievements with BLU? i don't even mean solos that other jobs can't do, just something they couldn't already do years ago?

is BLU finaly bottom tier?
By Taint 2020-07-16 16:10:19  
Shichishito said: »
have there been any new solo achievements with BLU? i don't even mean solos that other jobs can't do, just something they couldn't already do years ago?

is BLU finaly bottom tier?

BLU is right where SE wants it. Good at everything, great at nothing.

Tizona/Tiberon foils their plan to some degree.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-07-16 17:01:00  
BLU needs an update. It isn't bottom tier by any means but it needs some adjustments just like a lot of other jobs. There is a thread created on OF you can post in if ya like. We need some gear updates with duration/potency + for our buffs and additional effects.

Sadly a lot of haters are opposing any updates to BLU anywhere you look, sad really when everyones been asking for updates to their favorite jobs. Let people have more fun with their favorite jobs with some QoL updates.

Also, BLU can solo quite a few things RDM can to a lesser extent since our debuffs are mostly garbage these days. It certainly isn't optimal anymore though when there are much better options for solo.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 17:10:20  
RDM was also intended to be a jack of all trades, master of none type of job yet they currently completely overshadow most other jobs.

tizona/thibron makes BLU special? there are over a dozen jobs on naegling and tp bonus offhands aren't exclusive to BLU. if you think TP bonus makes BLU OP you might want to take a look at RNG who throw a kraken club on top of it.

did BLU achieve anything recently? all i see on youtube are RDM and MNK solos. NIN seems to have a good time in odyssey.
i haven't seen any impressive solos in years from BLU. either no one is recording them or BLU didn't make much progress in a while.

can't even find KC/hauksbok/naegling RNGs showboating. is it not that great or are KC owners afraid it gets nerfed if it draws too much attention?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-07-16 17:17:12  
Speaking the truth!

I think only a handful of JP really bother with BLU solos these days. I stopped a long time ago because I put a lot of effort into it and barely got any views, just seemed like a waste of time really (most XI content barely gets views tho to be fair.) I also had a bad PC then that would also freeze when I recorded, now I have a better one but just don't care to lol.

BLU still continues to be consciously left off gear choices as well. I wasn't too surprised seeing Malignance earring we were left off, SE is just so weird.
By Draylo 2020-07-16 17:18:57  
If we had gear that increased spell potency on debuffs and some duration+ gear, it would be so much more fun. A lot of new options that would open up if we could directly increase our debuffs/additional effects potency.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-16 17:19:01  
I'd like to see something done to make physical blue magic useful somehow, and maybe the addition of high tier physical spells on the same level dmg-wise of the hybrid nukes.

Couple of wacky ideas, I don't claim for any of these to be great, just shooting the ***here...

Change the physical spell formulas so that they deal at least respectable damage (nothing too broken), and lower the recast timer on chain affinity dramatically (20 seconds?) at job master or something like that so self SCing with blue magic becomes more of the life source when solo-ing.

New JA Unbridled Knowledge, recast 1:00, use any blue magic spell you have previously learned regardless of the spell being in your active spell set or not. Does not give access to Unbridled Learning/Wisdom spells. Pair this with potency/duration changes and it will change up how we build our spell sets potentially? Probably not really that valuable but could be fun to mess around with
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 17:36:56  
it would already be a improvement if they increased buff/debuff durations to a point where you aren't stuck in a eternal loop of recasting and make additional spell effects land properly, also give us a way to tell wether a additonal effect did land or not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 17:42:16  
I'm going to go on a different route than what you've both mentioned, because I agree with them. But I have a problem with burst Affinity and to a lesser extent, chain affinity. Being able to only burst one spell is kind of meh. I can fit two bursts in on ninja per skillchain and then repeat it ten seconds later. With BLU, I'm limited to a one time magic burst, which doesn't make any sense. I would be fine if they removed the necessity being burst Affinity, and simply allowed all spells to be burst-able. Change BA to make it something more potent instead for a limited time or whatever. It's wouldn't be a big change, but something that's always bothered me.

Along with improving physical blue magic spells, I really think chain affinity and efflux needs an update as well. 1:00 duration, all physical spells can skillchain during that period. Because with tizona, you really can't take advantage of great skillchain damage with expiacion the way other jobs can continually link their main WS. It would make casting somewhat useful, especially if they improved physical blue magic in addition. I think it would be nice to use 2-3 spells to create something I could close expiacion on for one huge SC, and then end it with a couple bursts.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-16 17:50:03  
Your post made a lightbulb go off in my head - what if burst and chain affinity were changed to stances ala Hasso/seigan? Permenant SC-able or Mb-able blu spells (but not both) could be an interesting improvement.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 18:03:30  
I just think they do such a disservice to magical blue spells

The more recent Nerf they've been rolling out is, make anything AOEable not take full damage after the main target. It's a lazy mechanic that really only punishes BLU, with AOE damage being their best skill set. So now you take the AOE aspect out of it and just have them magic burst, and they can only do it every 1:30. It's lame.

I still prefer it over a lot of my other jobs because it's always been fun, but it needs to be improved in so many areas at this point, any update would be welcome
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 18:15:37  
the problem with chain affinity besides the outdated cooldown and damage is the longer delays that come with casting compared to WS or abilities and that it leaves you with 0 TP.

efflux always seemed lazy and kinda redundant compared to chain affinity.

whats also really annoying is losing unbridled learning buff even if you did cast a spell that isn't related to UL. i think its also the case with diffusion, burst affinity and maybe even chain affinity/efflux too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 18:21:20  
Is there any real reason why chain affinity needs to take your TP in today's meta anyways? You can get 1000 in enough time to continue the SC. That seems like an outdated ability that never aged properly with the times. And if they changed the ability so it didn't consume your TP, you would get stronger Physically blue spells in a roundabout way >.>
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-16 18:26:06  
Literally zero reason for that to still be a thing. That should be changed but probably won’t, and honestly probably not a huge deal if it doesn’t. I currently do a savage > ca thrashing > cdc > cdc double light sc when able and it is no problem getting from 0 to 1000 for the first cdc in time to continue the chain. This is under tiz am3 and capped haste of course.
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 18:30:36  
at the rate they release those job updates i don't get my hopes up we see anything for BLU any time soon. just look how the dilly-dally around with PLD. 2 updates and its still nowhere near to be competetive with RUN.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 18:34:26  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
savage > ca thrashing > cdc > cdc double light sc

Expiacion > CA Thrashing assault > Savage blade > CDC

Is probably a better version of what you were doing Luna
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-16 18:48:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
savage > ca thrashing > cdc > cdc double light sc

Expiacion > CA Thrashing assault > Savage blade > CDC

Is probably a better version of what you were doing Luna

! How did I not realize this >.>
By Draylo 2020-07-16 18:53:55  
Honestly BLU is really stuck from 75 era mechanics in a lot of aspects. A lot of our spells are so toned down because SE has always been afraid of BLU. I just remember small things like Heavy strikes ACC nerf and how they never reverted that when its such a benign thing these days. The CA/BA def needs an adjustment as well as Unbridled Learning because we really only use that for one spell. It would be a much simpler fix for old spells if we got gear that enhanced all BLU magic, and it would open new possibilities for the job.

Good ideas though all around.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-16 19:26:48  
Lots of jobs are stuck in the 75 era. PUP and BLM are pretty much useless because of this. Well, the niche use of pet only fights/tank, but the master basically cannot fight with the auto for any net gain.

BLU just needs a couple QoL changes and good to go. WTB a fusion WS as well.
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 19:28:38  
i'd much prefer enhancing magic effect duration gear would simply also affect BLU buffs instead of adding a seperate effect that does the same thing and clutters additional inventory space. however i didn't do the math and i have no clue if existing enhancing duration gear would reedem BLUs buff duration problem as a lot of their buffs have such a low base duration.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-16 19:30:11  
A lot of their buffs/debuffs are stuck in the 75 era as well.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-16 19:33:32  
Aye, give me someone to increase duration of nat med and cocoon already
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 19:36:42  
Shichishito said: »
i'd much prefer enhancing magic effect duration gear would simply also affect BLU buffs instead of adding a seperate effect that does the same thing

Let's assume they did this. Can you give me a list of items that has "Enhancing Magic duration" on it that BLU can use?

The only pieces I am aware of that BLU can use that extend their timers to spells are Grapevine Cape and Gishdubar's Sash. They are left off of every single other item that has the "Enhancing Magic duration" stat, unless you are talking about augmenting Colada's for duration >.>

The most recent item, Embla Sash, doesn't even have BLU on it either.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-07-16 19:51:51  
BLU is on the Telchine Chasuble set which has up to 10% enhancing duration per piece as an augment.

The strange part is that I'm almost certain the augments for enhancing duration and regen potency affect the blue magic spell Regeneration...

Scratch that, it's evidently just the base duration stat on the actual Chasuble itself... that's even weirder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 19:53:38  
Completely forgot about Telchine set. Wow, shame that doesn't work.
By Shichishito 2020-07-16 19:54:19  
gishdubar and grapevine only work for refresh and if i'm not mistaken they already do affect battery charge.

i thought BLU was on ammurapi shield but i was mistaken, however BLU is on telchine set which should be 5 pieces with 10% enhancing duration each. unfortunately BLU has also been left out of embla sash. i don't know if there are any more pieces for BLU.
First Page 2 3 ... 388 389 390 ... 445 446 447