Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 395 396 397 ... 445 446 447
By Nariont 2020-09-13 12:08:49  
alexander belt i think was the next best non-obi applicable nuke belt. As said if thats all you're doing for cleaving though that gear is more than enough to 1 shot mobs outside of i think reis, would need BA for that atleast
By Korgull 2020-09-13 12:17:49  
Thanks a lot for the quick responses.

I'll try each event i want to cleave and see how my damage numbers are, and adjust accordinly. I hope Jhakri +2 turns out to be enough :)
By Shichishito 2020-09-13 13:49:50  
SimonSes said: »
EDIT. Ok I know why it wasnt hyped. Because of low Magic damage. 28MAB probably wont beat 100+ Magic damage on Kaja Rod. SHAME ; ;
isn't + magic damage just a flat extra damage on top? like if you had 2 identical clubs but one with 100+ magic damage the + magic damage one would cause the spell to deal exactly 100 more dmg?

if i didn't get this wrong i'd say +28 matt seems better. a nice bonus is the conserve mp 7-11.

*edit*
nvm, seems mDMG is more of a modifier to calculate base dmg which is then further affected by stuff like magic burst bonus and magic attack bonus. although now i wonder why malquis set was always forwned upon for everything outside of tier one nukes and helix.

i'm starting to get worried they'll do nothing with BLU since we had job updates pretty much every month and went thru most jobs by now, but nothing this month. hope they just focused on sheol c update and continue job adjustments on the jobs that have been left out next month.
By SimonSes 2020-09-13 16:53:10  
Shichishito said: »
nvm, seems mDMG is more of a modifier to calculate base dmg which is then further affected by stuff like magic burst bonus and magic attack bonus. although now i wonder why malquis set was always forwned upon for everything outside of tier one nukes and helix.

Well because helixes and tier I BLM nukes have low base damage, so magic damage adds a lot to them.

BLU nukes are kinda middle tier. Magic Damage is still potent for it, but not as much as for tier I BLM nukes.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-13 19:49:56  
ItemSet 375002

Use almeric and pixie hairpin +1 for tenebral crush instead of cohort.
By SimonSes 2020-09-14 02:38:50  
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
ItemSet 375002

Amalric*

Septoptic might be better for some nukes maybe, but kaja rod should be better for most.

Septoptic has 46 mab 6int and 6mnd
Nibiru has 31 mab 21int and 11mnd

Nibiru was worse than kaja for everything beside Spectral Floe which gets the most from INT stat.

15 mab over 15 int can close the gap to kaja rod for some nukes, but not sure if thats enough to beat kaja rod for anything.

Aurist's cape also shouldnt be better than ambu cape, unless maybe for Scouring Spate.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
サーバ: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-14 04:20:14  
Can someone explain to me why ambuscade rods (Maxentius/Kaja) are considered better for nuking than Nibiru?

Nibiru path B has a total of +31 MAB and +21 INT, while Maxentius only has +21 MAB and +15 INT. Does the extra magic accuracy on the ambu weapons make that much of a difference?
By SimonSes 2020-09-14 04:42:29  
Asura.Essylt said: »
Can someone explain to me why ambuscade rods (Maxentius/Kaja) are considered better for nuking than Nibiru?

Nibiru path B has a total of +31 MAB and +21 INT, while Maxentius only has +21 MAB and +15 INT. Does the extra magic accuracy on the ambu weapons make that much of a difference?

They have much higher Magic Damage. Magic damage is extremely potent if spell has low base damage (helixes, tier 1 nukes) and much less potent when spell has higher base (Tier VI nukes for example). Some blu spells like Subduction have really low base and magic damage is very potent for them. Biggest BLU nukes are kinda in middle. Magic damage is not amazing for them, but still does good job, enough for 126 Magic Damage more on Maxentius and 108 damage more on Kaja beat that MAB and INT advantage of Nibiru (with exception of Spectral Floe, which has 80% int modifier on top of 2dINT, so that INT advantage on Nibiru let it pulls ahead over Kaja). You have practical test done on page 358
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-14 04:49:01  
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I now have to consider if that difference is worth 30 mil.
By Shichishito 2020-09-14 04:52:45  
apparently its the + magic damage, nibiru cudgel comes with 124, kaja rod with 232 (just like maxentius).
according to wiki for nukes there is a formula to determine the base damage of a spell and +magic damage is part of that calculation. once base damage is determined that value gets further amplified by stuff like magic attack bonus, magic burst bonus and what not.

not sure where to find the base damage numbers for BLU spells, or any type of nukes really.

according to simonSes
BLU nukes are kinda middle tier. Magic Damage is still potent for it, but not as much as for tier I BLM nukes.
BLU nukes base damage is low enough that the in comparison generous +magic damage of max/kaja outperform the extra matt you'd get from other sources, at least in most situations.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-14 04:53:04  
unless it's turning a 3 shot into a 2 shot or a 2 shot into a 1 shot, not worth.

not sure where to find the base damage numbers for BLU spells, or any type of nukes really.
blu magic nukes are calculated similar to magic ws

BLU Magic WS

You would just add the magic damage statistic to that formula before the MAB/Weather/Etc. multipliers.
You'll want to look at individual BLU spells for the proper mods and d stats, though
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-14 05:17:42  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
unless it's turning a 3 shot into a 2 shot or a 2 shot into a 1 shot, not worth.
true, unless you frequently use burst affinity for magic bursts. sometimes its worth it, remember mbing the zi'tah tier 3 fleetstalker either in the 30k or in the 50k range (can't remember 100% and don't want to lie), only trust buffs and i think i didn't even switch to clubs for the mb.
it was one of the lvl 99 water nukes, nectarous deluge i believe. i'm sure someone with HQ almaric or the latest odyssey upgrades can spike quite a bit higher. don't get too excited tho, he's weak to water damage.

has anyone ever done testing how a perfect or close to perfect samnuha coat does vs jhakri +2 body, amalric +1 body or samnuha coat + jahkri corona +2 vs R15 cohort cloak in a magic burst scenario?
By Pantafernando 2020-09-17 18:10:50  
ItemSet 375002

This is like 120m just in UNM gear alone...

Is this set proportionally better than Before UNM augments?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-17 22:05:57  
considering it's not even a good set, no
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-17 22:32:04  
Pantafernando said: »
ItemSet 375002

Cape and Belt can MAYBE win for one specific spell. Cape for Scouring Spate and belt (when you cant be in range for Orpheus's) for Spectral Floe. Otherwise 30INT/10mab ambu cape and Sacro Cord are better. Cape and Belt are still justified to buy tho, for macc sets.

Septoptic imo is not an upgrade over Kaja.

Ring and Cloak are by far worth it imo.

Ammo might be or might be not a marginal upgrade, but I probably wouldnt make it, unless you make it for some other jobs anyway (SCH or NIN for example?).
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-17 22:48:37  
R15 aurist's cape imho belongs in a hybrid acc/macc set to land additional effects like sudden lunge.
i agree on cohort and metamorph ring, they should be first priority to upgrade. the rest seem to be situational upgrades and i'd probably only go for them once i did the more important stuff and if other jobs could use them too.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-17 22:51:05  
Pantafernando said: »
ItemSet 375002

Cape and Belt can MAYBE win for one specific spell. Cape for Scouring Spate and belt (when you cant be in range for Orpheus's) for Spectral Floe. Otherwise 30INT/10mab ambu cape and Sacro Cord are better. Cape and Belt are still justified to buy tho, for macc sets.

Septoptic imo is not an upgrade over Kaja.

Ring and Cloak are by far worth it imo.

Ammo might be or might be not a marginal upgrade, but I probably wouldnt make it, unless you make it for some other jobs anyway (SCH or NIN for example?).

My thought on the belt is that it was easier to get than Sacro Cord and o. sash, I can tell you that acuity belt beat Eschan Stone on every test I did. I personally won't buy an o sash when I can use that same amount of Gil to upgrade several gear sets for several jobs with unm pieces. I'll certainly take one if I get a lucky gobbie box or NNI appraisal though.

I also agree about the ambu cape, however Aurists has more m.acc and is good if you're using mab food and have wizards roll available.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-09-18 20:46:19  
Even though we can discern from earlier Nibiru Cudgel vs Kaja Rod offhand testing. I decided to test Septoptic +1 aug'd versus Kaja Rod to see what the difference is.

Disclaimer: I only have the NQ rod, so to simulate the only stat difference that matters MAB+30 augment, I didn't wear a neck piece during Kaja Rod test. I used Memento Mori's +20 MAB and equipped Sanctity Necklace +10 MAB for Septoptic numbers.

Equip that stayed the same

Subjob / Spells / Traits Set

Target: Wild Rabbit - East Ronfaure

Septoptic NQ + MAB+30
Searing Tempest: 13989
Entomb: 13805
Spectral Floe: 18250
Subduction: 9217
Anvil Lightning: 14150
Tenebral Crush: 16738
Scouring Spate: 16318

Kaja Rod (neck removed due to simulation)
Searing Tempest: 14036
Entomb: 13860
Spectral Floe: 18165
Subduction: 9495
Anvil Lightning: 14189
Tenebral Crush: 16705
Scouring Spate: 16327

If only SE changed that +DMG augment to a decent amount of +MDMG...

I also checked Cohort Cloak +1 R15 vs Jhakri Coronal +2 / Amalric Doublet +1. (kept neck off because I didn't wanna retest numbers I already did above with Kaja Rod off hand)

Cohort Cloak +1 R15 comparison
Searing Tempest: 14134
Entomb: 14487
Spectral Floe: 18081
Subduction: 9524
Anvil Lightning: 14286
Tenebral Crush: 17207
Scouring Spate: 16756

They have very close to the same MAB/Macc. Jhakri/Amalric has +4 MAB and Cohort has +3 Macc but Cohort has more +attributes for all but INT. Loses by 2. Obviously also the cheaper option.

So overall better but up to someone to decide if worth the gil if already using Jhakri/Amalric +1.

Edit: Removed a 2nd Anvil Lightning number I mistakenly posted.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-19 05:40:12  
Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Cohort has +3 Macc

More like 13~23

Edit: Thanks a lot for that test! Pretty much confirms what I was assuming from kaja vs nibiru test. I knew it would be close for Floe.
By Felgarr 2020-09-19 05:55:00  
Thank you for your testing RWolf. I for one, will keep BLU'ing in 5/5 Amalric+1 as I have been several years.

I don't think it's worth the investment for BLU to make cohort cloak+1 (rank 15), but it has some merit. I'll wait for something more potent, personally.
By SimonSes 2020-09-19 06:33:11  
Felgarr said: »
Thank you for your testing RWolf. I for one, will keep BLU'ing in 5/5 Amalric+1 as I have been several years.

I don't think it's worth the investment for BLU to make cohort cloak+1 (rank 15), but it has some merit. I'll wait for something more potent, personally.

Why 5/5 instead of Jhakri head?
By Shichishito 2020-09-19 06:33:34  
i thought common consensuses was that almaric +1 head sucks for nuking and to use jhakri +2 instead.

jhakri has 12 more int, 1-11 more matt.
amalric +1 head path a has 2-12 more macc.

the ony benefit of amalric +1 head is the bonus to refresh and its a bit pricy for just that.

Felgarr said: »
I'll wait for something more potent, personally.
we talking about BLU. if we don't want to fall of the upgrade list for another 4 years we better start sacrificing our first-borns in order to demonstrate gratitude to our generous lord matsui.
By SimonSes 2020-09-19 06:45:26  

What do you mean by 2-12? Its always 12.
By Draylo 2020-09-19 06:48:36  
we talking about BLU. if we don't want to fall of the upgrade list for another 4 years we better start sacrificing our first-borns in order to demonstrate gratitude to our generous lord matsui.

Or go to the forums like a lot of people have tried. Don't see many people advocating for anything for BLU across forums. Such a shame there's nobody vocal for any kind of QoL or improvements on this job except myself and very few others. Debating here over tiny side grades where other jobs get big upgrades to their jobs, then random forum goers making DD tier lists with BLU towards the bottom lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-19 07:30:51  
BLU could definitely use some QoL like doubling the base duration of each self-buff pretty please? Or at least the ones that have 60/90 seconds duration, it's really annoying.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-19 07:47:35  

What do you mean by 2-12? Its always 12.
depending on wether or not the comment on the wiki about the typo is correct or not.

agree on buff durations, also think a lot of debuff durations need a buff, too. its the very minimum they should do and imho chain/burst affinity and unbridled learning need a overhaul as well.
they didn't update any job this month, starting to worry they think their job is done and BLU gets skipped entirely.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-09-19 08:07:19  
tbh, is Cohort Cloak +1 R15 really cheaper than Amalric Doublet+1 once you rank it up? its pretty close on Asura with price fluctuations its probably a coin flip

12 stacks of Lustreless Hides = 24m
4 stacks Centurio's Armor x12 = 1m
Jinxed doublet = 26m

Thanks for the testing
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-09-19 08:25:51  
inventory +1 - priceless.
also in a break even scenario, knowing that the 26m for the jinxed doublet probably flows in some scumbags pocket who botted their crafting shield, i'd always route for solo farming R15 cohort +1.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-19 08:29:14  
I can agree with that, I also value a lot Inventory+1. You can send Amalric+1 (even if augmented) to a same account mule, so that's good.

It's only gonna be an inventory+1 if it can replace Body/headfor EVERY job where you use Amalric+1 body though. Otherwise it's an Inventory+1 just for one job and that's pretty worthless to me.
Inventory+1 is useful to me only when I gain an overall +1 inventory space on my character, that's the real problem I have, not the inventory space on a single job.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-19 08:30:02  
I dont have such dilema at all, since Im also RNG and cohort is amazing for magic WSs. That being said I have Amalric+1 still in inventory because you still gonna use it for Tenebral with pixie hairpin +1
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 395 396 397 ... 445 446 447