フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 446 447
 Asura.Chendar
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2024-03-18 03:40:59  
Could also just OH Naegling tbh. 15dex and solid acc, should be better than Sakpata's unless you throw a bunch of RP at it.

If you happen to have put a million muffins into the prime sword that's also 25dex(?) which is prob a decent option too? But yeah...

Tanmo(if you need huge acc) or Zantetsuken are realistically the main options.

Colada might be close to decent with some top end augment too (outside crazy DM stuff like Nariont said), but that involves Oseem so... -.-
By Tathamet 2024-03-24 23:20:38  
What are the cape augments in the OP's Reaving Wind set?

The relating text mentions a few items that no longer appear to be in the set. Aurist's Cape +1 fallen out of favor there?

ItemSet 386024

Quote:
*This set is for Reaving Wind and Feather Tickle. In the event that you're using these spells (there are prevalent Mboze strategies that utilize these spells, for example) you want to minimize the recast time while also being able to reliably land the spell.
**Metamorph Ring +1, Aurist's Cape +1, and Acuity Belt +1 must have maximum augments.
***Sakpata's Sword is not interchangable in this set due to the 10% Fast Cast.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-03-25 00:16:31  
Prob 20int, 30macc, 10% fast cast
By Shichishito 2024-03-25 13:25:31  
Although I don't think it's been tested/proven, if INT does have a effect on BLU spell MACC then you could replace one stikini with augmented metamorph ring +1 and the Malignance Boots with Hashishin Basmak +3.

Not sure what the intention about Malignance boots is in this set, unless DEX, AGI plays any roll for these spells or he wanted that 4% extra -DT. Hashishin should be superior for MACC, even if INT has no effect and they both are on paar in terms of fast recast with 3% Haste each.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-25 14:30:38  
Yes it's for DT. That set was made before V25 mboze, when BLU was the likely tank of the Snapweed so it was made to balance recast time, macc, and survivability. 10macc in exchange for -4% DT

As far as Blue Magic enfeebling effects having a dSTAT component for their magic accuracy, there has never been any formal testing to suggest that any stats besides macc and macc derived from skill have any effect on them. There was a single barebones test way back in the 00s for Head Butt that suggested INT might have an effect on it but that wasn't conclusive and it was so long ago that finding it might not even be possible anymore. If there is an macc dSTAT for BLU spells it'd likely be different for each one and the bonus wouldn't be huge compared to the glut of macc we get on gear now. Would realistically only make a difference for accessories and we'd be talking between fractions of a magic accuracy and 5 or 6 macc from stats at best depending on the weight.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-03-25 15:01:07  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Yes it's for DT. That set was made before V25 mboze, when BLU was the likely tank of the Snapweed so it was made to balance recast time, macc, and survivability. 10macc in exchange for -4% DT

As far as Blue Magic enfeebling effects having a dSTAT component for their magic accuracy, there has never been any formal testing to suggest that any stats besides macc and macc derived from skill have any effect on them. There was a single barebones test way back in the 00s for Head Butt that suggested INT might have an effect on it but that wasn't conclusive and it was so long ago that finding it might not even be possible anymore. If there is an macc dSTAT for BLU spells it'd likely be different for each one and the bonus wouldn't be huge compared to the glut of macc we get on gear now. Would realistically only make a difference for accessories and we'd be talking between fractions of a magic accuracy and 5 or 6 macc from stats at best depending on the weight.

I was looking to see if break style ws have a Dstat component for macc and found an ah thread that links to the headbutt testing but the original testing it gone.
By spicychai 2024-04-12 23:25:37  
Hi, I've gotten Jhakri +1 and Kaja Sword / Macaera with +tp1000 and with the dps traits and abilities, my damage still feels lower than my MNK that has Condemners (DI 800pt weapon) and NQ Mummu gear.

Both still are at around 50 job points; I was wondering if I'll notice a big jump in DPS as soon as I hit 100 on BLU and unlock the trait bonus? or well, would be interesting to hear how it feels for people that got to 100 and if before/after was a big difference.

Thanks,
By drakefs 2024-04-12 23:48:23  
Jhakri, except for the hands, isn't really that good for Savage Blade. You are likely missing a lot of traits as well. The 100 point and especially the 1200 point bonus can be a significant power boost for BLU.

Your biggest missing pieces right now are, the Naegling (the ATK per buff is really good in lowman situations) and WSD pieces (Empy +2/+3 head, Relic +2/+3 legs, Artifact +2/+3 body, TVR/Adoulin rings)

Check the beginner and low sets for Savage Blade, in this guide, as well. These should show you the interim pieces you are missing.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-04-13 00:11:47  
Also MNK is much easier to get DPS out of initially.
[+]
By spicychai 2024-04-13 00:31:28  
Thanks, that's encouraging to hear. I might work on pushing for jp100 and then farming those gear pieces and more of what the guide suggests.
[+]
By deathsv 2024-04-15 13:16:39  
Will a Colada with MAB+30 augments ever outperform say Maxentius in relation to cleaving?

Colada: MAB+44, MDMG+123 (after augs)
Maxentius: MAB+21, MDMG+232
By Shichishito 2024-04-15 23:03:10  
Even if it does, unless you already own a decent augumneted coloada, insist in a sword mainhand for access to a specific WS or you don't have access to higher odyssey augs, a augmented bunzi's rod has 35-65MAB and 248MDMG.

I'd go for a unaugmented sakpata sword or kaja club befor wasting any time or resources on colada.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-16 01:08:48  
I assume he's talking about the other hand?
By Shichishito 2024-04-16 08:24:28  
afaik maxentius is still one of the best options because of the high MDMG which apparently benefits BLU magic more than the extra MAB of other options.
However if i'm wrong and MAB can at least situationally outdo the MDMG there would be still similar options that are probably easier to obtain than perfect colada augments. Septoptic +1 for example has 46+ MAB and 124 MDMG with max augments and it has 6 INT/MND, 40 MACC and 7-11 conserve MP on top of it.

Maybe I'm overlooking something.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-04-16 09:41:58  
deathsv said: »
Will a Colada with MAB+30 augments ever outperform say Maxentius in relation to cleaving?

Colada: MAB+44, MDMG+123 (after augs)
Maxentius: MAB+21, MDMG+232

There's a Magic Accuracy and INT difference that needs to be factored in (though I'm sure with that much of a colada MAB augment, it probably comes with Mac).

I don't have the direct numbers ( you can just plug it into a calculator and get a definitive answer) to say one way or the other, but I don't think 23 MAB is superior to 100+ magic damage and 15INT.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-16 17:05:39  
MDmg benefits smaller nukes like Subduction more than larger nukes like Spectral Floe, but it does have an impact. As Shichishito said, the reason no one uses a Septoptic +1 r15 is because of its abyssmal MDmg. That being said, without crunching the numbers in a calculator, a Colada like that would likely be close for big nukes, but worse for Subduction, etc. That being said, even a base Bunzi rod + Maxentius are quite easy to acquire, and I personally w/ augmented Bunzi/Sakpata have stopped using Maxentius entirely for nuking. It's still likely the best Damage over Sakpata, but I lose out on the utility and sword WS's.

Ultimately, when theres plentiful options that are on par or better, it seems like a silly thing to chase after. A MAB augment that high would require dark matter no? If you're a newer player, Nibiru Cudgels are Far more reasonable in the interim.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-04-16 17:12:40  
There's also just the double dip aspect on teneberal which is one of your bigger nukes generally so that +15 mnd on bunzi's/maxen comes into play pretty often
By drakefs 2024-04-17 00:18:59  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
and I personally w/ augmented Bunzi/Sakpata have stopped using Maxentius entirely for nuking. It's still likely the best Damage over Sakpata, but I lose out on the utility and sword WS's.

I have been wondering this for a bit, as I have seen this a few times from others as well, what are you AoEing that is benefited by also having access to Sword WS? Like, if I am CJing odyssey and something resist, I just pop on Tiz\Zan.

I understand the utility of the sword but the WS comment has always confused me.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-17 06:26:52  
FC, Refresh, DT, HP, and Sanguine Blade in case you're dying.

When things are going well, you don't care. When they are going poorly, moonlight will not save the day.

Sakpata's is a shield disguised as a sword. A very good shield.
By Ranoutofspace 2024-04-17 06:35:47  
Probably Sanguine Blade for a quick heal if needed.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-18 15:03:54  
Ranoutofspace said: »
Probably Sanguine Blade for a quick heal if needed.

Mainly this, but if I'm PLing someone in like RuAun and a warder spawns I can do a quick expiacion>sinker drill> MB and kill anything. Frankly... its like 10 Mdmg and 1 MAB lower than Maxentius, but has tons of utility, I see no reason not to use it

drakefs said: »
Like, if I am CJing odyssey and something resist, I just pop on Tiz\Zan.
If you were doing that you'd Tiz/Sakpata for max macc anyway, so Maxentius isnt even on the table
By Meeble 2024-04-18 20:42:15  
Ultimately, when theres plentiful options that are on par or better, it seems like a silly thing to chase after. A MAB augment that high would require dark matter no? If you're a newer player, Nibiru Cudgels are Far more reasonable in the interim.

Surprisingly, in 2024 a Colada with non-DM magic augs might be the easiest option for a new player to get without help. 8 days of DI plus a few stacks of dirt-cheap Oseem rocks is substantially cheaper and easier than even popping the Nibiru bon-bon a few times, especially for someone unmastered and sans vorseals.

I suppose Iris is even cheaper, but even new players should have standards.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-04-19 03:22:25  
If you were doing that you'd Tiz/Sakpata for max macc anyway, so Maxentius isnt even on the table

Tiz/Bunzi is more MACC. I guess the benefit of always having a BRD for my AE shenanigans is that I do not really need the Sakpata Sword.

but if I'm PLing someone in like RuAun

I assume this is due to an Asura thing, as I always PL in Escha - Zitah.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-19 06:09:31  
drakefs said: »
but if I'm PLing someone in like RuAun

I assume this is due to an Asura thing, as I always PL in Escha - Zitah.

Havnt gone there in quite some time, but it in the past was overrun with BST bots
By deathsv 2024-04-19 15:16:20  
Hey guys is this looking about correct for bis Blue Magic Skill?

Head: Luhlaza Keffiyeh +3
Body: Assimilator Jubbah +3
Hands: Rawhide Gloves
Legs: Hashishin Tayt +3
Feet: Luhlaza Charuqs +3
Neck: JSE+2
Back: Cornflower Cape
Ammo: Mavi Tathlum
Earring: Hashishin Earring
Rings: Stikini Ring +1

+ x2 Iris if we’re including Main & Off-Hand?
By Nariont 2024-04-19 15:41:12  
There's a blue magic DI earring and the divergence sword if we're going all in, otherwise i think that's about all of them
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-19 16:15:49  
Iris has more blue magic skill than SU5 sword
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-04-19 16:24:23  
Did you confuse Macc with BLU skill? Zomorrodnegar only gets +20 BLU skill while base Iris gets +15 and another +15 for path D. Outside of maybe Tizona aftermath lvl 2 Zomorrodnegar must be BLUs best Macc option.
Njordr Earring from domain invasion NPC zurim is +10 BLU skill.

However I only know of magic barrier and occultation that benefit from BLU skill and I've found some slots aren't worth the extra shadow tier or couple points of magic stoneskin when compared to the stats you lose.

for instance:
Luhlaza Charuqs +3 vs Carmine Greaves +1 (8% FC and 8 conserve MP) for 12 BLU skill.
Rawhide Gloves vs Leyline Gloves (8% FC) or Hashishin Bazubands +3 (16% fast recast) vs 10 BLU skill.
Luhlaza Keffiyeh +3 vs Carmine mask +1 (12% FC on path D) for 17 BLU skill.
Cornflower Cape vs Rosmerta's Cape (10% FC) for 15 BLU skill.
Mavi Tathlum vs Sapience Orb (2% FC) or Staunch Tathlum +1 (-3% DT and spell interruption rate -11%) for 5 BLU skill.

Of course it also depends on your master level which pieces to mix and match for the best trade off between FC and reaching the next tier of occultation.
By Nariont 2024-04-19 16:24:43  
Ah right, forgot the augment
First Page 2 3 ... 446 447