言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Game Escape "Seekers of Adoulin" Interview
Game Escape "Seekers of Adoulin" Interview
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 14:23:43  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I think everyone's forgetting the fact that you could just pay the quest NPC and he'd teleport you to Wajaom.

I mean, really? I'm interested in content, not the first 15 minutes of getting to it.

If a 15 minute boat ride is so damning to you and your precious time of obtaining new goodies before everyone else, then it probably was worth shelling out 500,000 gil. At least you had the option of going either way, while based on this interview, it would appear that everyone else does not.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:24:08  
I think everyone's forgetting the fact that you could just pay the quest NPC and he'd teleport you to Wajaom.

I mean, really? I'm interested in content, not the first 15 minutes of getting to it.

No that's been brought up numerous times, and doesn't address the fact that you had that option while those of us who want to take a boat will not have that option.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 14:25:26  
Now if only Gamer's Escape changes their ugly-*** and slightly confusing layout, i might take them seriously...

...wait, A debate about a goddamn boat ride? Is this really happening? I mean I know it's all about presentation and such, but settle the hell down people! They'll probably surprise us and make the teleport look awesome.

edit:
This reminds me of a little off-topic-but-relevant analogy I remember: There were a LOT of people who wanted the 90's Nickelodeon shows back on the air, and Nickelodeon was hesitant. Eventually, they did, but it only lasted for a few days from getting old and ratings tanked a little. Something tells me they want to do something new to keep the experience from stagnating.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 14:27:33  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Now if only Gamer's Escape changes their ugly-*** and slightly confusing layout, i might take them seriously...

...wait, A debate about a goddamn boat ride? Is this really happening? Settle the hell down people, they'll probably surprise us and make the teleport look awesome.

Unless there's a cutscene of us flying through the clouds like Superman and having wyverns drive by fire breath us, or Megashark from the abyss of the ocean jumping 15,000 feet in the air to bite our *** while narrowly escaping death, I have a hard time finding anything remotely exciting about a teleport.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-07-25 14:28:19  
Carbuncle.Gilder said: »
Out of everything that was posted in the OP I can't believe were having a 3 page discussion on boat rides lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-25 14:29:32  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
The majority of you may not fish, but I do. I spent much of my time when I played on PS2 fishing, even made it to 100, and my favorite area was the ferry. This was then expanded to new boats with different types of large fish adapting to the habitat around them.

We don't know what is west of the middle lands, only what is east. For ToAU the boat ride there not much changed, but when you arrived there were new fish. Yes, many the same fish but with different names. I liked that, a lot. They did also introduce new fish as well.

Adoulin promised new fish, but we will never know what is between Adoulin and the middle lands because of their decision. That may be all garbage to players who don't fish or strictly fish using a bot, but it matters to me and it is one of the first things I was disappointed about when I read the interview.

I actually love to fish as well. You should not be disappointed in the lack of a ferry to fish new fish on, but anticipate the new fish in Adoulin.

Hopefully fishing won't be as dull as it is currently. My of my biggest pride in this game was obtaining Ebisu. However, there's not many fish that actually puts Ebisu to the test anymore, if you understand what I mean.
By Solrain 2012-07-25 14:31:05  
I don't think anyone wants a boat ride (or some other small intro journey, like others have suggested) every single time either. I just personally feel that first impressions are extremely important - as they really set the stage and can really effect your mood - they're what you'll remember the most when everything is said and done.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:32:14  
Something tells me they want to do something new to keep the experience from stagnating.

There's absolutely nothing new about teleports
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-25 14:33:33  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Something tells me they want to do something new to keep the experience from stagnating.

There's also nothing new about boat rides or airship rides. However, the rest of the expansion is new.
 Pandemonium.Tatsuki
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: douten
By Pandemonium.Tatsuki 2012-07-25 14:33:42  
Who is to say they won't do something like Bubu's little ferry trip as well for fishing? There's still hope :3 don't set it too high though :P
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 14:34:28  
this thread
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:35:10  
Carbuncle.Shokox said: »

There's also nothing new about boat rides or airship rides. However, the rest of the expansion is new.

Take a boat ride from Selbina to Mhaura, then take one from Mhaura to Whitegate. Tell me they don't feel different.
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-07-25 14:36:19  
this thread
You seem to be missing the point.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 14:37:26  

No that's been brought up numerous times, and doesn't address the fact that you had that option while those of us who want to take a boat will not have that option.
Yes I suppose not backreading makes my point irrelevant.

Here's a question: If you had the option of farming 6 job testimonies for a 15 minute boat ride, or could simply pay an NPC 1,000 gil, would you really go out of your way? Honestly now. Please.
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 14:37:27  
Okay let me clear up some misconceptions.
We understand that boat rides are nothing new, and frankly, neither are teleports. We understand that their purpose lies heavily within novelty and fishing. However, when introducing new content to the masses, especially on the preface of discovering a new, uncharted continent, first impressions are very important. Do you want to have your memories or experience of this new exciting content be introduced by trading gil or items to some dude followed by a fade to black ***Downloading Data*** and simply being there? When all is said and done, and the everything on Adoulin has been done over many times, I want to look back and have something worthwhile to recollect other than having the faint satisfaction of getting RNF & GEO to 99.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 14:38:22  
Asura.Rekin said: »
this thread
You seem to be missing the point.
No I'm not, I'm aware that people want first impressions and the presentation of a new expansion as memorable as they want, but I'm of the opinion that we can't just do boat rides forever.

And yes, I'm aware teleports weren't new either, but there's room to make a teleport an appealing aspect for first impressions.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:38:33  

Yes I suppose not backreading makes my point irrelevant.

Here's a question: If you had the option of farming 6 job testimonies for a 15 minute boat ride, or could simply pay an NPC 1,000 gil, would you really go out of your way? Honestly now. Please.

Yes, because I care about the atmosphere, I felt I'd made that abundantly clear in my previous posts. I understand not everyone cares about it, but they had the option of bypassing it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-25 14:40:28  

Take a boat ride from Selbina to Mhaura, then take one from Mhaura to Whitegate. Tell me they don't feel different.

In that case, they were different. Sea Horror and pirates made Selbina <-> Mhaura awesome. Mhaura -> Whitegate was lackadaisical. I'm not even sure why they didn't add a high level mob to that zone to at least make it slightly more exciting.
[+]
 Asura.Dominate
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-07-25 14:41:16  
:< Guess I can put away my flippy floppies!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:42:21  

In that case, they were different. Sea Horror and pirates made Selbina <-> Mhaura awesome. Mhaura -> Whitegate was lackadaisical. I'm not even sure why they didn't add a high level mob to that zone to at least make it slightly more exciting.

If you ignore and don't care about the environmental aspects, sure. That's where our opinions drastically differ.
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 14:43:18  
Simply put: Teleporting is not conducive to the the elements of discovery, adventure, or anticipation. All three of which are heavily emphasized on for a new expansion, let alone one that introduces a whole new land mass we have yet to see.
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2012-07-25 14:43:22  
Hell even if it turns out to be simply, pay/warp. I hope they at least have a scenario put into place where you are alone somewhere and have to find your way to civilization like someone else suggested when you warp the first time. Doing it this way has many applications and benefits for story and exploration of the new expansion.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:44:07  
No one's yet to give a viable reason as to why they can't make it a series of options similar to the ToAU quest, where I can do the quest and take a ride and you can go trade money to someone and get a teleport.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-25 14:44:28  
Artemicion said: »
We understand that boat rides are nothing new, and frankly, neither are teleports. We understand that their purpose lies heavily within novelty and fishing. However, when introducing new content to the masses, especially on the preface of discovering a new, uncharted continent, first impressions are very important. Do you want to have your memories or experience of this new exciting content be introduced by trading gil or items to some dude followed by a fade to black ***Downloading Data*** and simply being there? When all is said and done, and the everything on Adoulin has been done over many times, I want to look back and have something worthwhile to recollect other than having the faint satisfaction of getting RNF & GEO to 99.

Again, presentation of the new content is not tarnished by the lack of a boatride to the expansion. You (or any one else on this forum, including myself) has no clue what's in store for us when we finally get to the new region. Or for the quest/mission that precludes into the expansion.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-25 14:44:51  
I still want a boat ride where something tragic happens and you wash up onshore.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 14:44:52  
Hell even if it turns out to be simply, pay/warp. I hope they at least have a scenario put into place where you are alone somewhere and have to find your way to civilization like someone else suggested when you warp the first time. Doing it this way has many applications and benefits for story and exploration of the new expansion.

Should totally have the warp NPC be that Jeuno warp taru in Al Zhabi.
"Whoops..." -- /ends up in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in Adoulin, face to face with a massive open world HNM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 14:46:36  
You know what I remember about TAU? I remember doing countless Einherjar, Nyzul, Salvage and Assaults, and shouting day and night pray people sell me their shiny stones for a weapon that was and is entirely worthless.

I can even remember the one guy who traded me 759 alexandrites as if it was Ordinary.

I don't remember your *** boat ride. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 14:47:26  
Again, presentation of the new content is not tarnished by the lack of a boatride to the expansion.

That's your opinion. I for one feel alienated that our only available option known thus far is a damned teleport. It's very anticlimactic considering what this expansion revolves around.
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2012-07-25 14:47:47  

Should totally have the warp NPC be that Jeuno warp taru in Al Zhabi.
"Whoops..." -- /ends up in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in Adoulin, face to face with a massive open world HNM.
See stuff like that is what makes it interesting in what is advertised as an untamed land. I do hope that the zones have dynamic weather conditions!.... I wished the rest of the game did too. Snow in Basty would be neat.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 14:48:21  
You know what I remember about TAU? I remember doing countless Einherjar, Nyzul, Salvage and Assaults, and shouting day and night pray people sell me their shiny stones for a weapon that was and is entirely worthless.

I can even remember the one guy who traded me 759 alexandrites as if it was Ordinary.

I don't remember your *** boat ride. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you.

Good for you? Ask how many *** we give, and how much your opinion makes ours any less important for us.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8