A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Zihi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2019-01-15 16:25:52  
Hell here ~

Anyone have a "Omniscience" set they can share

Thx~
guys
Have fun ~
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-15 20:24:44  
Asura.Zihi said: »
Hell here ~

Anyone have a "Omniscience" set they can share

Thx~
guys
Have fun ~
probably something like this
ItemSet 326813
fTP neck should be slightly weaker if my napkin math is right.
didn't bother to napkin but I doubt 2% wsd in the ear would win against either of those MAB ears.
Could probably replace several slots with WSD dark matter augments... but no, just no.
 Odin.Lawii
サーバ: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2019-01-22 19:40:33  
Does anyone have a Max Noctohelix / Kaustra set?
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-22 23:17:26  
Odin.Lawii said: »
Does anyone have a Max Noctohelix / Kaustra set?
likely similar to this. with potential swap to raetic staff +1 and merlinic body.
ItemSet 325975

Kaustra on the other hand. ugh...
Apparently someone discovered new stuff about it.
He suggested mizukage neck but that set may have been made before argute stole was available.
Looks like INT is super important. to the point where 2INT > 1 Dark element"MAB" until dINT of 300 where INT becomes worthless.
ItemSet 325978

Link to his post where he explains his set; I only think I understand part of it due to google translate.

Oh and apparently the DoT from kaustra can do 25k/tick?! link
 Odin.Lawii
サーバ: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2019-01-23 07:56:49  
Thank you for those set, Jhakri Feet are a good idea in those slot. Also I did not know Kaustra could tick at that high, I may need to use that more often now.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-01-28 08:19:32  
Hey guys. So while I wholly appreciate the ease of Akedemos vs augment hell, is it truly that hard to beat it with Grio? It would seem all you need to match or beat Ake would be >INT+10 >MACC+12 >MAB+24 MB+10 on non weather/day nooks and with >30 MAB (with same or greater int/macc/mb)it could stand toe to toe or surpass Ake. Granted it's a stretch to get those augmentations so I guess the real question is are the stones worth it?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-28 08:42:41  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
non weather/day nooks

We're SCHs -- when are we ever without weather?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-01-28 09:09:11  
Hey guys. So while I wholly appreciate the ease of Akedemos vs augment hell, is it truly that hard to beat it with Grio? It would seem all you need to match or beat Ake would be >INT+10 >MACC+12 >MAB+24 MB+10 on non weather/day nooks and with >30 MAB (with same or greater int/macc/mb)it could stand toe to toe or surpass Ake. Granted it's a stretch to get those augmentations so I guess the real question is are the stones worth it?
No.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-01-28 11:10:07  
So its generally accepted that there is no way to beat Akedemos with Grioavlr no matter what you get on it?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-01-28 11:13:31  
So its generally accepted that there is no way to beat Akedemos with Grioavlr no matter what you get on it?

Correct, You could use Grio for and Enfeeble piece or enhancing duration piece if you didnt have gada/ammurapi shield.

Grio for nuking is probably best served as a Death piece for BLM with nice MP aug and MBD
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-28 11:26:08  
I don't think I've ever had Kaustra over 200 and I have a similar set to the above. Granted I'm usually only doing it because I used Rasa to restore strats. Is there any NM of note that actually takes decent damage from it?
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-01-28 11:35:11  
Ok last question. With Emp feet being best on straight bursting, is emp head worth using when Ebullience is up? It would seem so as the bonus is a similar or same term as the Klimaform bonus from feet, and of so would it be better to still strive for MB1 40÷ rather than lose the ~11% in the feet slot? Similar int/mab/macc stats withstanding, of course.
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-28 12:09:31  
Ok last question. With Emp feet being best on straight bursting, is emp head worth using when Ebullience is up? It would seem so as the bonus is a similar or same term as the Klimaform bonus from feet, and of so would it be better to still strive for MB1 40÷ rather than lose the ~11% in the feet slot? Similar int/mab/macc stats withstanding, of course.
with the lack of other stats on head and feet; they're both falling out of use. Feet are a pure 15% increase without having to lose out on a stratagem.
head is a 12.5% increase and requires wasting a stratagem.
Will wearing head increase your chances of a resist?
No? then does the INT/MAB/MB on the other piece of gear increase damage by at least 12.5%? probably

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I don't think I've ever had Kaustra over 200 and I have a similar set to the above. Granted I'm usually only doing it because I used Rasa to restore strats. Is there any NM of note that actually takes decent damage from it?
The guy who actually hit cap damage with it ... if I google translated all his buffs properly and target... did it against an apex crab with impact > (gravitation) MB + ebullience + bolster idris acumen, malaise, entrust-INT. to get his dINT > 300. I think he also had a RUN hit it with Gambit...
Against an NM, that'd probably take all the above + shattersoul + rayke + bolster focus, languour + burn. maybe toss in some bard INT songs for good measure.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-28 12:49:15  
Chimerawizard said: »
with the lack of other stats on head and feet; they're both falling out of use. Feet are a pure 15% increase without having to lose out on a stratagem.
head is a 12.5% increase and requires wasting a stratagem.
Will wearing head increase your chances of a resist?
No? then does the INT/MAB/MB on the other piece of gear increase damage by at least 12.5%? probably

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
The guy who actually hit cap damage with it ... if I google translated all his buffs properly and target... did it against an apex crab with impact > (gravitation) MB + ebullience + bolster idris acumen, malaise, entrust-INT. to get his dINT > 300. I think he also had a RUN hit it with Gambit...
Against an NM, that'd probably take all the above + shattersoul + rayke + bolster focus, languour + burn. maybe toss in some bard INT songs for good measure.

Haha, so you'd basically need a whole party (GEOx2, RUN, RDM for Frazzle III, BRD for threnody, SCH) to support you to get decent numbers with it. At least at that point you can just laugh at it while its HP ticks away.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-13 08:13:39  
My Helixes make me sad.. I see people solo doing like 9k+ on the videos of SCH solos online, but when I try on the same mob with a Dunna GEO most I'll typically see are 6k+. Not using Noctohelix so I don't use the set above. I'll post my set and augments when I get home to see what my issue is. (Do temps and food make that big of a difference that GEO wouldn't be able to compensate for?)
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-02-19 20:50:21  
I've been farming scholar cards during the Omen campaign. What's the priority for AF1+3? Feet seem potent for the -casting time.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-19 20:56:16  
Asura.Sirris said: »
I've been farming scholar cards during the Omen campaign. What's the priority for AF1+3? Feet seem potent for the -casting time.
Feet but the rest is best for MACC, head for sublmation set, body is godly with 50macc+24enfeeble skill(DA) for enfeebling, and even possibly a high macc burst set
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-03-06 13:07:49  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
Feet but the rest is best for MACC, head for sublmation set, body is godly with 50macc+24enfeeble skill(DA) for enfeebling, and even possibly a high macc burst set

So I guess priority would be feet > body > everything else?

Cards have been kind of slow to come across for me on SCH, also wondering what I should upgrade first.
By Pantafernando 2019-03-06 13:25:17  
The piece i like the most in the academic set is hands for a stun set.
By mhomho 2019-03-10 06:55:22  
How do you do the gear tables on the forum? :x

Would this be a deec fast cast set?

ItemSet 365506
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-03-10 09:21:54  
mhomho said: »
How do you do the gear tables on the forum? :x

Would this be a deec fast cast set?

ItemSet 365506
Sure as long as your casting in proper arts, the head/feet will only work on proper arts spells

If you are in dark arts, then nukes etc will get the fastcast, but things like phalanx/stoneskin/refresh/regen/aquaveil (light art spells) wont get the effect, so you will be uncapped. its very easy to get 65% gear for FC on SCH/RDM. The head/feet push you past that cap.

You can easily through in merlinic hands with 7 FC aug, and Psycloth Lappas for 7 as well. 2 easy pieces to get
By mhomho 2019-03-10 09:31:25  
That set is 80% Fast Cast not including /rdm or the head or feet. Hvergelmir 119 is 50 Fast Cast alone. It sneaks it some quick cast pieces as well. Idk, was thinking Hvergelmir > Tupsimati in priority tree.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-03-10 10:09:08  
That set is 80% Fast Cast not including /rdm or the head or feet. Hvergelmir 119 is 50 Fast Cast alone. It sneaks it some quick cast pieces as well. Idk, was thinking Hvergelmir > Tupsimati in priority tree.

Well if you like switching weapons out then its no problem. Some people who use SCH for its Soloing ability keep staff locked for Mykr
By mhomho 2019-03-10 10:41:52  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Some people who use SCH for its Soloing ability keep staff locked for Mykr

... Sch engaged mobs / melees? I figured it was like geo or whm or brd (to some extent) where you just swap out based upon casts?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-10 11:18:01  
You get tp from casting nukes...
By mhomho 2019-03-10 12:44:15  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

....but why?

-edit

Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-03-16 08:57:04  
I'm trying to build my sch back up after taking a break ... for like 10 years. I have enough orbs to get probably 4-5 109 reforged pieces. Which should I prioritize?
By kasain 2019-03-16 09:42:01  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

....but why?

-edit

Not just myrkr, but olo light or dark skillchain.

You can fast cast two wek spells to make a fusion or distrtion skill chain. Then, weapon skill it to make dark or light. and with proper gear 1.5 to 2.0 burst and burst magic damage.

So yes it has its uses.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-03-20 16:57:41  
What are the current pieces for a regen/enhancing set?
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 99 100 101