A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 99 100 101
By Mavrickx 2022-10-14 17:30:36  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
1. Non-MB spells should trigger it. Its just less common to see, since a lot of nukes aren't going off in rapid succession.

2. no idea

3. Immanence+spell shouldn't trigger it, since its changing to skillchain damage, and SC dmg doesn't trigger the nuke wall.

Ok thanks, this is great information to know.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-10-14 17:49:39  
Mavrickx said: »
1. Non-MB spells should trigger it. Its just less common to see, since a lot of nukes aren't going off in rapid succession.

2. no idea

3. Immanence+spell shouldn't trigger it, since its changing to skillchain damage, and SC dmg doesn't trigger the nuke wall.

Ok thanks, this is great information to know.

Enfreebles will not trigger the nuke wall and Immanence doesn't either. You can create a SC with Immanence and have someone burst immediately after and see no damage reduction.
 Kujata.Atarashi
サーバ: Kujata
user: TaoVhal
By Kujata.Atarashi 2022-10-16 03:35:51  
Hi all, was just curious if anyone had any practical WS sets.

I've heard good things about 99,999 Cata's and I know we can use Malov dagger.

Just looking for some fun sets and maybe where people find them applicable. It seems fairly easy with O.sash and Empy boots to get some really solid numbers, but happy to see what else people are doing!
By Vaerix 2022-10-19 02:31:10  
So I was messing around with sets now that I have the God boots complete, is arbatel +3 now defacto best burst boots even without klimaform?

Agwu hands r25+Arbatel+3
Hands= 33 int, 20mdmg, 50 macc, 58 mab, 8 mdb1, 5 mbd2
Feet = 34 int, 30mdmg, 60 macc, 50 mab, 5 mbd2, 33 elemental magic skill
*Note* only 1 MDB1 is usable with Bunzi rod, jse+2 neck, Agwu body/legs.
Total= 67 int, 50 Mdmg, 110 macc, 108 Mab, 33 elemental magic skill, 1(effective)mbd1, 10 mbd2,

Amalric hands+feet(what I was using prior)
Hands= 36 int, 20 macc, 53 mab, 6 mbd2
Feet = 21 int, 20 mdmg, 20 macc, 52 mab
Bonus= 20 mab
Total= 57 int, 20 Mdmg, 40 macc, 125 Mab, 6 mbd2

So 10 int, 30mdmg,70 macc(huge), 33 elemental magic skill, and 5mbd for 17 mab.

It looks great to me,but maybe I'm not considering other options for hands/feet. If there's something I'm missing please let me know. Again I'm asking if it's still best for non-weather nukes just as generic bursting. Obv during weather it's champ because of 25% damage boost.

Edit: set in question, still working on a freke ring obv no hachirin for off weather nukes.
ItemSet 387654
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-19 04:18:48  
Jumping up on Vaerix question and asking for secondary options for who doesn't have augments completed yet, what to use meanwhile.
I have a few questions specifically:

R15 Meta vs Freke?

Unaugmented Bunzi/Ammurapi vs Akademos/Enki?
It's a huge loss on Macc, -31 mdmg but you gain 27 INT and 2% damage which, depending on when it gets applied in the damage formula, could make these two options close, while giving you the chance to still be able to use Myrkr (which on SCH it shouldn't be as vital as it is on BLM, tbf)

Then you have the Body/Hands/Legs slot.
Amalric +1 body/hands vs unagumented Agwu Body/Hands is is a tougher thing.
In terms of raw stats Amalric has -6 INT, +56mab, +6% MBB2, the rest is a mixture of inconsequential stats (like FC vs ConserveMP etc). Macc is slightly higher on Amalric Body/Hands when you factor the ele skill.
Unagumented Agwu has +40 Mdmg and the big deal is 18% Magic Burst.
With this setup we need to reach 20% MBB in the Body/Hands/Legs.
If you use Amalric+1 there's no way you can get 20% from just Legs, not even with DM augs on Merlinic.

I dunno what I'm tryin to say, I'm getting lost in the conversation lol.
Tryin to put this in another way: Unagumented Agwu is a loss of 6% MBB2 and 56Mab, all of this to gain the 4MBB2 from Relic+3 head.
Is it worth it?

Because otherwise you could be using a combination like Amalric+1 Body/Hands, cap MBB with Merlinic Head/Legs and that might prove better, until you're done augmenting Agwu at which point the latter wins.
But until then I'm unconvinced, right?
Altough I guess it depends on the augs you have on Merlinic Head/Legs. It's likely going to be a big loss in terms of macc, for sure.

Other options?
I guess Relic+3 head, Empy+3 body/hands, Agwu Legs?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-19 08:45:45  
Vaerix said: »
So I was messing around with sets now that I have the God boots complete, is arbatel +3 now defacto best burst boots even without klimaform?

Agwu hands r25+Arbatel+3
Hands= 33 int, 20mdmg, 50 macc, 58 mab, 8 mdb1, 5 mbd2
Feet = 34 int, 30mdmg, 60 macc, 50 mab, 5 mbd2, 33 elemental magic skill
*Note* only 1 MDB1 is usable with Bunzi rod, jse+2 neck, Agwu body/legs.
Total= 67 int, 50 Mdmg, 110 macc, 108 Mab, 33 elemental magic skill, 1(effective)mbd1, 10 mbd2,

Amalric hands+feet(what I was using prior)
Hands= 36 int, 20 macc, 53 mab, 6 mbd2
Feet = 21 int, 20 mdmg, 20 macc, 52 mab
Bonus= 20 mab
Total= 57 int, 20 Mdmg, 40 macc, 125 Mab, 6 mbd2

So 10 int, 30mdmg,70 macc(huge), 33 elemental magic skill, and 5mbd for 17 mab.

It looks great to me,but maybe I'm not considering other options for hands/feet. If there's something I'm missing please let me know. Again I'm asking if it's still best for non-weather nukes just as generic bursting. Obv during weather it's champ because of 25% damage boost.

Edit: set in question, still working on a freke ring obv no hachirin for off weather nukes.
ItemSet 387654
This set is exactly what I use for MBing but with Freke, usually Obi in place with weather, All items full augmented.

Helix burst switch in arbatel earring+1 and skrymir cord+1 for waist
By Vaerix 2022-10-22 05:37:28  
So just an update, was messing around in Gaol today vs Umbril only have +3 boots and +2 for the rest of empy, but with ebullience sch can rival if not surpass BLM's, atleast for the early NM's very little issues clearing 10k on helix without ebullience, some first bursts for near capped damage with stone 5(E), and on second nukes, clearing at the same level if not higher than the BLM's first nukes on SC's.

Feels good man!

Very excited to see how damage looks once I upgrade empy helm to +3.
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-23 16:43:59  
Arbatel Bonnet +3 is incredible if you have the stratgems to spare, if under Tabula Rasa or if others are generating skillchains. +41% Damage Dealt on a nuke is a big deal.

I've been getting 99999 T5 bursts with no GEO in all areas of Sortie F2. Whether it's Flans, Slugs, Slime, Undead and even some Fomors; they're all getting hit for 99999. On the bosses it still varies... Dhartok I can land Fire V's for 75~80k with no Rayke/Gambit or GEO. This is the set.

ItemSet 386229

Oh, did some testing on a maximum possible Regen V duration after I got the Arbatel Bracers +3 last night. Crooked Cards Naturalist Roll XI with GEO bonus with a fully capped duration build got me 26:33 worth of Regen V.

ItemSet 387782

Overall I'm really pleased with SCH's Empyrean +3.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-10-23 17:33:08  
Ruaumoko said: »
Arbatel Bonnet +3 is incredible if you have the stratgems to spare, if under Tabula Rasa or if others are generating skillchains. +41% Damage Dealt on a nuke is a big deal.

I've been getting 99999 T5 bursts with no GEO in all areas of Sortie F2. Whether it's Flans, Slugs, Slime, Undead and even some Fomors; they're all getting hit for 99999. On the bosses it still varies... Dhartok I can land Fire V's for 75~80k with no Rayke/Gambit or GEO. This is the set.

ItemSet 386229

Oh, did some testing on a maximum possible Regen V duration after I got the Arbatel Bracers +3 last night. Crooked Cards Naturalist Roll XI with GEO bonus with a fully capped duration build got me 26:33 worth of Regen V.

ItemSet 387782

Overall I'm really pleased with SCH's Empyrean +3.

Relic body should provide longer duration. Or AF. IDR, one of the two.
By SimonSes 2022-10-23 17:48:09  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Relic body should provide longer duration. Or AF. IDR, one of the two.

Are you sure? It's 10% enhancing duration and "Regen" effect duration +12 vs 12% enhancing duration.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-10-23 17:51:50  
Ruaumoko said: »

This sounds pretty cool. Dumb question? but this # was without Tabula Rasa active I assume right? Tablua would push this number even higher right? due to Tablua bonus? (or no? - still learning sch here :) )
By Ruaumoko 2022-10-23 19:31:07  
Oh yeah, it's with Tabula.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-26 19:50:02  
Relic body for non-regen enhancing spells
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-10-26 20:25:44  
I propose we ask SE to update Modus Veritas, so that it can double the Regen potency for a single target, but cut duration in half. That’d give the tank up to a 13ish minute long Regen 5, for about 250HP per tick
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-05 17:03:21  
Checked through the last few weeks posts, I'm updating the guide right now but keep in mind and I want to stress this out again

I've never played scholar besides some LS memes I only collect info from here, if something is wrong and you guys post it out I will eventually fix it, but you can also just log in and edit yourselves since it's a community guide.

If you notice odd things like "oh this is quite good" it's cause I got no *** idea and I'm just taking whatever was there/someone posted and trying not to write "this is the best thing ever" because I don't know, and otherwise the posts then become "look at this clown he said this item is amazing when it isn't." which happened already in my dms multiple times. At the end of the day if no sch comes up and fixes the guide it's just me and xagashi copy pasting whatever discussion happens here and not sure either of us are a sch.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-05 17:57:52  
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Checked through the last few weeks posts, I'm updating the guide right now but keep in mind and I want to stress this out again

I've never played scholar besides some LS memes I only collect info from here, if something is wrong and you guys post it out I will eventually fix it, but you can also just log in and edit yourselves since it's a community guide.

If you notice odd things like "oh this is quite good" it's cause I got no *** idea and I'm just taking whatever was there/someone posted and trying not to write "this is the best thing ever" because I don't know, and otherwise the posts then become "look at this clown he said this item is amazing when it isn't." which happened already in my dms multiple times. At the end of the day if no sch comes up and fixes the guide it's just me and xagashi copy pasting whatever discussion happens here and not sure either of us are a sch.

I mean, I edit it when I have time. So meh. I can double check if you want.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-05 18:01:02  
I propose we ask SE to update Modus Veritas, so that it can double the Regen potency for a single target, but cut duration in half. That’d give the tank up to a 13ish minute long Regen 5, for about 250HP per tick

I kinda like this, but the possibility of them screwing it up are high in my humble opinion. Also, the odds are this would have an odd interaction with Embolden and I rather enjoy Embolding Regen.
By Vaerix 2022-11-09 02:12:34  
So real talk.

Is Tupsimati worth it?

With AM2 it obviously has some applications, same with AM1. But are those applications worth it for sch who has r25 Bunzi rod?

And yes you have access to myrkr while nuking but I just wonder if that's enough to make a mythic investment.
By SimonSes 2022-11-09 02:28:22  
It's really the question that you should answer yourself.
Do you make fights on SCH where you need Myrkr?
Do you make fights on SCH where you need massive boost to macc?
Do you have other jobs, that you play and maybe building a rema for them would be more profitable?
Do you maybe love SCH and all above doesn't matter?

It's really questions that you need to answer yourself :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-09 02:56:53  
Vaerix said: »
So real talk.

Is Tupsimati worth it?

With AM2 it obviously has some applications, same with AM1. But are those applications worth it for sch who has r25 Bunzi rod?

And yes you have access to myrkr while nuking but I just wonder if that's enough to make a mythic investment.
So I have one and I use it and like it but I don't exactly recommend it for how most people play SCH, I think you really have to play into it's strengths for it to be worthwhile.

The Pros:
1) Myrkr. It is more important for SCH than BLM, you have more Occult Acumen and otherwise you may have to use Seidr Cotehardie unless you are getting a lot of refresh for nuking scenarios.
2) High mag acc, given SCH's lower skills this ends up helping a decent amount
3) Meleeing/Cataclysm/Omniscience/Shattersoul This is how I get capped Cataclysms and being able to drop strong Omnisciences and melee in a pinch even without getting a special subjob is very handy. Shattersoul gives a very helpful debuff. Also fairly often I can get away with meleeing and using ws's with strats to use a lot fewer strats.
The Cons:
1) If you swap weapons a lot it basically wipes out 1 and 3 pros. I still swap for Musa but try to make that like a once every 10min+ thing when I get all the important buffs refreshed.
2) Bunzi can beat it even with AM2 for pure nuke damage as long as It doesn't force you to use Seidr Cotehardie.
3) Its a lot of work/money.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-11-09 20:50:34  
Did another pass of updates, lots of text written with what I understand from other people/the pages here. I fully expect some of my comments to be either wrong or misguided so let me know in case and I'll fix it/log in and edit freely. I have actually been on SCH surprisingly on a couple of LS events so trying to actively learn.

I added some section for weapons and cleaned up sets in general, only question I got personally and for the guide:

is the free nuke set even remotely okay? And what would be a set before amalric +1 if it is still current? I understand there's lots of gear like amalric/agwu but I also like to have sets for newer players that might not have the 30+ millions needed for HQ amalric, and NQ not sure if it's even worth (not a mage player yet xD).

For myself I ask cause I never play mages and so I'm not looking to dump whatever millions on amalric +1 unless I have to. Got 5/5 mildly ranked agwu (between 5 and 20 depending on piece) but I noticed my free nukes are trash lol so could use a hand <.<

edit: still updating decided to add more things like a proper merits section and some assorted tips. I've played with so many SCH that only play 1/4 of the job so maybe someone will stumble on them and try to broaden their horizon T.T
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-09 23:16:42  
Without even looking at the guide, a mix of NQ Amalric and Khakri gear as a set for newer players who don't have access to Sheol Gaol yet.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-10 12:24:55  
I can repurpose my BLM optimizer to get you ideal sets for magic bursting easily if you need @neviskio
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-10 15:31:16  
Does anyone know what a mastered SCH/RDM has naked for base magic damage, MAB, and magic burst stats?
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 15:58:04  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Does anyone know what a mastered SCH/RDM has naked for base magic damage, MAB, and magic burst stats?
EDIT: +0, +60(+36 /nin or /whm), +22
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-10 16:04:07  
is that +40 from the Ebullience from Stratagem 3 category?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-10 16:13:54  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Stratagem 3 gives magic damage, not magic attack bonus.
the +0 was +40 for magic damage, so I was asking if that's where the +40 came form since a quick search gave me +0 as well, but he had edited before i submitted
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 99 100 101